(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (5 years ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#854 5 years ago

Officially in a holding pattern until this reveal. One spot empty and this seems like it could be a good one.

#868 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

They should totally Vault that with the 80s animation license and revamped Code.

G1 Transformers would easily be my favorite theme of all time. I was in 6th grade when they came out and all my friends and I couldn’t wait for 11am on Sunday mornings (if I remember correctly) when the new episode came on.

I still have piles of old Transformer toys that my kids can’t wait to get a hold of.

Michael Bay sucks.

1 week later
#965 5 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

KISS is awesome. I am betting Munsters will be as well.

I have a spot and cash ready for the Munsters IF that’s next. But if it’s The Beatles, I will skip that snooze fest. Awful theme to me.

1 week later
#1096 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did he miss it?

A Podcast said Beatles is going to be a rehashed layout. Which layout?

1 week later
#1307 5 years ago

What are the toys going to be? Car, Mansion, Lab, Cuckoo clock. I watched a bunch of Munsters in rerun growing up but honestly don't remember too much more. Addams Family always stuck out more in my mind.

Also, who's been here? People in TX recreated the mansion!

http://munstermansion.com

Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 10.18.34 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-10-12 at 10.18.34 AM (resized).png
3 weeks later
#1673 5 years ago

All scores end in 69.

3 weeks later
#2077 5 years ago

It's surprising that they're will be a lower playfield, but the art doesn't accommodate it, like AC/DC. They'll need 2 pretty different playfield art packages, it seems.

#2176 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I posted this in another unrelated thread, but this is where it should go...
I think The Munsters is an Addams Family knock off cash grab trying to masquerade as a Monster Bash remake killer.
That is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

Sounds good to me.

I personally hate MB sounds/rules, so to me it's a big plus.

#2221 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Why, are all Michael Bublé superfans known for trolling Munsters threads?

buble (resized).jpgbuble (resized).jpg
#2396 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It’s a monkey down there. No big deal.

7F3EC86E-9415-4691-A44B-6667930AA7D5 (resized).jpeg7F3EC86E-9415-4691-A44B-6667930AA7D5 (resized).jpeg
#2455 5 years ago

I just heard the Gene fast-scoring callouts that were added. Really cool!

#2458 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lily on a stick? [quoted image]

This is the worst photoshop of the year for sure.

#2518 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Might as well snooze this thread for awhile. Enjoy the games you have, enjoy your friends and family for Christmas. Enjoy those leaked cell phone pics, that’s all you get for awhile from the overseas leak. Not gonna announce a game while others are selling briskly and dealers are trying to sell in stock product for the holidays.
Just be happy knowing that pros are on the line for overseas container shipments.
Stern has got a good schedule going, as in past releases.
1. Production begins for Europe Pro sales.
2. Containers get loaded for the slow boat.
3. USA market Pros get on the line.
4. Teaser vid.
5. Announcement
6. 24-48 hours later press release and pics.
7. Live video of massive amount of cabinets and games built in the line.
8. Games ship to people within days.
9. People lose their shit because of the quick build-to-shipping timeline and Pinside goes apeshit.
Seems to be the recent trend. Love it.

I was hoping for a Christmas miracle, but instead, got...
festivus (resized).jpgfestivus (resized).jpg

#2547 5 years ago

I look at my topics list and there’s 34 new replies to Munsters, so I click in anticipation....

Now this pic with a guys ass circled confirms it! Yes!

E9C5A166-8F63-499C-AB47-50BC908AA381 (resized).jpegE9C5A166-8F63-499C-AB47-50BC908AA381 (resized).jpeg
#2750 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's not 'not interested' it's not 'hyped'. Of course I'm excited to see what they do, but as yet..not a lot to get excited aboot unless you're a big Munsters fan.

I thought "Big Munsters fan" was and oxymoron, but there are a lot of people excited about this theme. It was slightly before my time, so I knew it in reruns, but it's not a "dream theme" like Ghostbusters for me, and we know how that turned out.

#2780 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

What is a “ turn around/ flip up ramp” that is in the Munsters game description ? Sounds fun but I am not familiar with it. Is there something similar on a recent game?

I'm guessing this is similar to the right ramp in Wheel Of Fortune. In that, you need to hit 3 drop targets in order to expose the shot. It's pretty cool.

If I'm wrong, oh well.

wof (resized).jpgwof (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3058 5 years ago

I understand these hype thread posts are always fast and furious, but are people really excited with The Munsters as a THEME or just the PIN itself?

#3067 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Totally agree. Can't seem to understand the amount of hype for this game given the lackluster theme. Maybe it's just me, but the Munsters was just "meh". Funny concept, but got old quick. I guess the desire for a new game is just high. But really can't expect anything earth shattering from Stern. It will be a decent game, but I expect it to be mid level in the "wow" factor.

Quoted from Skyemont:

I have to agree!

Yeah, I was going to wait wait wait, but honestly they're all very similar, and Munsters will be the same.

Decided to pull the trigger on HUO Dialed In LE for a bit of a different feel. I had Iron Maiden Pro and LOVED it, but when I'd go to a different pin, like AC/DC, holy hell it was tough. Maiden shots are really forgiving and too much IM hurt my playing.

One Stern that I really wish I had back is TWD, since the rules and features are SO good. Hard to top that in my book (except the art is easy to top).

#3115 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

IMO the best humor is trolling humor. Love it. Especially when its humor disguised as trolling. It makes me laugh twice. Once at the joke, then again at the irate person who didn't see the joke.
But I agree some material is better left alone.

AE1D1AE9-E4BF-4CDE-8721-9BA935237F9D.gifAE1D1AE9-E4BF-4CDE-8721-9BA935237F9D.gif
#3133 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I think the b&w will surprise everyone if true. Think Centaur. The game will look so cool! It will also reflect the era better. I'm out either way, but I'm excited about the possibility of b&w the most.

I'd be surprised if there was gold-plated armor with a premium like the rendering. Doesn't add up.

#3253 5 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I would also assume that a good portion of Beattles owners are not adding this game to their Pinside collection. This game crossed into another target market that most likely has no idea what Pinside is.
I'm anxiously awaiting the Munsters reveal. I hope we get a little something between now and CES. 2019 looks to be starting off hot for Stern.

True. We love to overanalyze things. And if there isn't enough data, let's speculate the crap out of it!

I'm still amazed that so many LOVE The Munsters theme. I guess it's a fairly good "value" license for Stern. Not too expensive while retaining some good appeal.

#3255 5 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I agree. If you were to ask me a year ago what my top 25 themes would have been Munsters would not have been anywhere close to making that list. That said I think it is a fun addition to the other spooky themed offerings that are currently shipping (Monster Bash, Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle). Now I'm excited and plan on purchasing a Munsters after seeing how it plays. The Munsters as a theme has become more desireable to me as I anticipate its release.

Yeah I admit. I'm going to look at it. The hype seeps in through osmosis over time.

#3276 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Let's be honest, all flavors of Beatles are essentially Pros.

1980 pros.

#3426 5 years ago

LOL feel the glow, guys.

glow.gifglow.gif
#3446 5 years ago
2E99AE4C-AB43-47E9-865F-D57A4D281B02 (resized).jpeg2E99AE4C-AB43-47E9-865F-D57A4D281B02 (resized).jpeg
#3460 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Everyone at Stern is reading these posts so keep making your opinions heard about the black-and-white because the premium will be built last of all three models......

Let’s start complaining about the price too!

#3485 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Now thats a great movie!
Wonder how it will hold up as a pin?

Too repetitive.

rimshot.gifrimshot.gif
#3591 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Kept quiet far too long so it’s time to hype it up a day before the reveal. My dream theme.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Anybody drinking there?

#3596 5 years ago

When Pinside sees they're only streaming Munsters PRO tomorrow...

wine.gifwine.gif
#3791 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Gomez made a Facebook comment more than a month ago that he is the designer, not SR.

ugh.gifugh.gif
#3804 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I think it's awesome they're taking an artistic "risk" here. If you don't like the B&W Premium, guess what, you're actually not obligated to buy one! And you know once all LE's are shipped, they'll release a color Premium or maybe Vault one down the road.
I personally hope the B&W PF looks as nice as the cabinet and then a lot of people buy it... and then because all the anti-B&W people won't ever own one, that I can scoop up a B&W Premium on the cheapy in the 2nd hand market.

Marketing thoughts...

LE will have a large number and be full color...
Initial premium Black and White. Will sell well to most.
Pros full color.

***LEs sell out because people want all features AND color.*** Max profit. Ensures sellout, unlike Deadpool.

Later...
Premium release with LE full-color playfield.

I have zero idea this is correct but just wanted to add to the pure speculation of this thread.

#3807 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Can't wait to see black LED's.

The "None more black" frosted are my favorite.

black.gifblack.gif
#3817 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

In the end, more buzz will be generated on Pinside than any other place, including CES.
I'd actually be curious how much money goes into Stern being at CES, and what that generates for them and compare that against Pinside (that costs them zero) and the sales generated here.

It costs a shit-ton of $$$ to be an exhibitor on a main floor of a trade show.

Floor space, location, custom booth, Union Workers to assemble/tear down that booth, storage of that booth, lodging/airfare/wine/dine. Lots of $$$.

#3857 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Dangit, I have a team meeting from 2-3 eastern.

No you don't...

droid.gifdroid.gif

#3861 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

More food for thought:
Is Stern really in Vegas just to catch a Joy Behar show, or is there something more sinister at play?

She's quite controversial, you know.

And she's LOVES The Munsters.

#3970 5 years ago

Gary's looking better.

#3989 5 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

lower playfield looks pretty sick

Definitely a smaller, Family Guy ball down there, which is cool.

#4001 5 years ago

No one cares about the pro, but here are the others.

Munsters-LE-Cabinet-LF_010319-720x1146 (resized).jpgMunsters-LE-Cabinet-LF_010319-720x1146 (resized).jpgMunsters-LE-Playfield-01-720x1279 (resized).jpgMunsters-LE-Playfield-01-720x1279 (resized).jpgMunsters-Premium-Cabinet-LF-720x1162 (resized).jpgMunsters-Premium-Cabinet-LF-720x1162 (resized).jpgMunsters-Premium-Playfield-720x1282 (resized).jpgMunsters-Premium-Playfield-720x1282 (resized).jpg
#4009 5 years ago

I don't mind the playfield in B&W, since the inserts are color.

I DO wish the Translate was color.

#4031 5 years ago

It's like "Borg inspired by Lawlor"

#4052 5 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

Wonder why they use four flipper buttons on that game.
Maybe a mode where you have to play on on both the normal and lower PF at the same time?

Yes. So you could cradle on one and shoot on the other.

#4066 5 years ago

The Grandpa playfield callouts sound like Grover.

#4109 5 years ago

Looks great. The sounds remind why I haven't watched The Munsters in 34 years, though.

#4118 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I’d be afraid that it’s going to play similar to the family guy lower playfield which was not satisfying at all in my opinion.

My kids LOVE "mini pinball" play fields. They'll eat it up.

I don't mind the Family Guy / Shrek playfield but you're right. There aren't any satisfying shots. Mostly b/c the ball is too small to have weight or "feel". If you watch the gameplay in the stream, even the mini flippers flip "fast". It's like watching an old video of Babe Ruth running the bases.

Quoted from DCFAN:

Good point. The LE/Premium will rise or fall on whether the lower playfield is fun/rewarding to play.

I think it was smart to put a multi-ball in the lower playfield. Looks like if you complete all shots, you get a mini multi-ball. Makes the playfield a lot more engaging.

#4214 5 years ago

I really wish the Premium playfield was color. Maybe Grandpa's basement could've been black and white only.

There's really no reason to make Franchi's awesome art look dull.

#4225 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It doesn’t look dull at all. It’s extremely sharp. And if you look at the Color versions, they sorta look like he did it in B/W first then colored it to look like colorized B/W film.

I'm not saying blurry. I'm saying Black and White is duller than Color. If you want to watch 4K TV in black and white, be my guest.

The LE and Pro playfield are vibrant.

#4370 5 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Does anyone know if you can stream The Munsters anywhere? I checked Hulu, amazon, & Netflix.

Best one I've found.

#4607 5 years ago

I have to say, this photo makes me REALLY like the Premium the best. I hate everything about the LE Cabinet. Everything.

Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 4.13.22 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-01-10 at 4.13.22 PM (resized).png
#4620 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Changed to 6 Central time due to flight delay

Via Instagram? That message was about his "Demons" reveal tomorrow. Was there another about today?
Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 5.25.02 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-01-10 at 5.25.02 PM (resized).png

#4625 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

His Twitter message said he had a flight delay and should start around 6-6;30 tonight

Ah, gotcha.

#4648 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Strong words. Was just thinking the same thing except about the Premium.
I mean really, it’s freakin pinball art - how can you “hate” everything about a pinball cabinet art package?
Oh, I get it now, have you had bad exeriences with caskets?

Gold accents from the earlier leaked photos look classy. This final version just looks busy to me. Lots of stuff doesn't mean better to me.

#4656 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

Do you have a link, I never watched one live before

Twitch.tv/deadflip I believe

#4830 5 years ago
Quoted from Metaluna5:

You're very welcome. Glad you like it. Took a loooong time and many sleepless night to create. Lots of love went into it, as did Borg, who wore himself out into a bad illness that took him out for nearly 2 months. Happy Flipping!

They look fantastic.

Metaluna5 any challenges in creating B&W? Did you know you were doing that ahead of time or was that a last minute, game-time decision?

#5052 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I guess the Pinball Flippers are the ones that are upset as it decreases their resale value!

think.gifthink.gif
#5204 5 years ago

Only way I’d get an LE is if it read
“#501 of 500”

#5326 5 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

About to open these up.
[quoted image]

flair.gifflair.gif
#5339 5 years ago

I'd grow a ponytail and die my hair blue to get a Munsters Premium but DAMMIT someone beat me to it.

#5454 5 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

Another issue I noticed today while playing the pro at Game Exchange. I was having a good game and then all of a sudden the whole machine completely blacked out? Then booted itself back up. Node board problem? I don't think I'll be buying these new Spike system games till they figure these node Boards out!

Horde reset-like?

#5494 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Pro looks fine but no idea how it works out to "the most loaded pro ."

Agree.

MUNSTERS (resized).jpgMUNSTERS (resized).jpg
#5613 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Whitewater Extra Ball

AKA the "Collect Bonus" shot

Also Taxi "Carry Passengers"

#5646 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I agree. Up to this point I really enjoyed SDTM. But if they have to hype new pins now that they also sell those same pins, they’ve lost credibility.

While there’s truth to this, I’d rather be a pinball distributor than have a pinball (video) podcast. Gotta pursue a dream and earn some coin.

He can still do reviews, just tweak them to “who this game is best for” rather than grading it, IMO.

#5723 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Yep, a deep story based rule set is not for me.

I just treated it dialed in towards a beautiful Funhouse in Fish Tales. I don’t want deep with every pin but I do want fun.

Still the price is WAY too high to me, to have shallow code. Price is a factor.

#5757 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

He's not talking about parts. He's talking about labour. Stern's labour expense per machine is a significant cost compared to the relatively cheap Chinese parts used in each machine. Labour costs are why many manufacturing jobs have left the English (and other) speaking world over the last decade and gone to Asia.

He's also saying it's not as much as you think. Especially on a Spike game.

There's lots of talk out there that the net cost to Stern on an LE is $2500-3500 max, even with labor in the US.

#5954 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I think the Munsters as a show could be summed up by contrasting it to it’s rival, The Addams Family, and I will not do that here but to say, this is like a James Lipton question on Inside the Actors Studio interviews... “which are you, Munsters or Addams Family?” Because that is pretty much how people fall, you are either in one creepy campy camp or the other, and with Munsters, the comedy was situational based usually on Herman and Grandpa’s shinanigans, with Lily and Marilyn providing “adult” and “normal” supervision, respectively. Much of the humor is based on how clueless the Munsters are to how scary they come off to normal people, and they have the perfect foil in Marilyn, their niece, who is normal, but just as clueless on the scary aspects, so she constantly fuels the confusion by bringing home normal guys to meet the family, who are always scared off when they see Herman, Granpa, Eddie, and/or Lily. Add different “situations” to this mix every week and you get The Munsters. Now you just need to watch the show, play the pin, and enjoy.

These thoughts are deeper than The Munsters code.

#5962 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U own ft and fh ... 2 of the shallower pins ever made in wpc era. Guess what tho.... they are great fun pins. So munsters is much of the same but much deeper already than those and will be plenty of fun and that's what is important.

Yes just got them. My kids and I love Funhouse and Fish Tales, though FT is much tougher. 2nd best topper ever as it sits next to my White Water.

Of course, I not pay anywhere near $7500 each though. Nostalgia, condition and fun are all factors, but price is a BIG factor for me.

No one in the house really cares about The Munsters as a show/theme.

I tried Dialed In to kind of give that blend of classic B/W charm and fun with modern tech and code, but it just didn’t do it for me. It’s beautiful and shoots smooth and is PACKED with shots, but just didn’t click with me. It’s like it has no soul or something. I don’t think the code is all that deep for the price tag, honestly.

#5964 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

What's 7500? Pros are available shipped to your door for mid 5 k with a warranty. Not a bad deal this day in age . Most wpc pins are nearing 4-5,k now and won't be brand new shipped to your door. Munsters is allready a huge seller for good reason and i think it will b one sterns best sellers eventually. I've never seen a munsters episode (way before my time) but i like what stern did with it as it feels like a wpc type throwback to me with quirky theme with humor and not so complicated ruleset.

I wouldn’t consider a Munsters Pro. It was designed with the most complete mini playfield ever. It has targets, ramps AND multiball. The pin has multiple flipper buttons to play on both levels at the same time. It has an awesome, multilevel, multiple playfield skill shot too. I mean, that’s damn impressive as hell for a mini-playfield.

It’s not that I hate Pros. Maiden Pro is awesome. The Premium mechs don’t add much and have issues. MET is another solid Pro. But for Munsters, you’re removing the coolest part of the game. Borg designs full games. Stern then strips mechs out to get to pro level.

I had a Shrek once and the family LOVED Mini Pinball. If I got a Munsters without the lower playfield, there’d be no point.

#6166 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Love how they call the Lily monobar a "Lily Bank." You can't have ONE giant, ugly, cost-saving rectangle be a "bank" unless you're talking about where that cost reduction money went at Stern.

FYI guys, going forward, my beer belly is called the "six pack bank".

beer.gifbeer.gif
#6256 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

ROTFL WHAAAAT!?!?
I’m dying, this is some next level trolling or something....
Great Borg games: Metallica, Tron, Iron Man, many would say TWD. F*cking X-Men!?!? I mean it’s not as bad as GB, but that’s some bottom of the barrel action as far as Sterns go. I’m dying at the thought of someone willingly playing that game still & listening to Shittybeast’s horrible voice.

People are getting caught up in X-Men LE lately as though it's a classic. It's really a cool theme packed with toys at it's current price, but it's not a classic. It's good value for sure though. Definitely has some satisfying shots. Code is middle of the road. Sounds are good to me, but 2 of them are GOD AWFUL.

I would say X-Men LE falls about here in recent Stern Borg games....

TWD
MET
TRON
IM
XMEN
KISS
GOTG
AS

I'm taking into account the entire package. Like "what would I own in order". After IM, all are kind of interchangeable to me.

Don't know where Munsters sits as I haven't played it.

#6279 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dang, I already forgot about GOTG...yeah, that might be worse than X-Men lol...but, it doesn't have a horrible toy that if not mounted an exact certain way to the millimeter totally ruins the game. I'd put Avatar way up...after IM. It's essentially the same type of game style as Tron and IM. One ramp drops it down a bit, but it's very fun and the rules are a bit better than IM, actually.

That's a good point. I had the Wolverine captive ball mod installed since day 1 so I never played my machine with the oversized behemoth in it. Still, spend $100-$150 and you're good.

#6435 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Great post. Same is true for Beatles...a game almost universally rejected by Pinside. Great looking, simple rules, accessible theme for oldsters. Yes, more richly priced than Munsters.
There has always been a tension between pins focused on public play vs home use. Having the pendulum swing a bit is natural...I love the simplicity of Beatles because it's a challenging game when setup properly for home use. Look forward to getting Munsters...

I've been told by friends that The Beatles is a really fun pin, but you're talking a ridiculous price point for the game it is. That's different. At least Munsters is in line.

Make Beatles $5K-$6K new and it's totally different story. I know they won't, I'm just saying.

#6716 5 years ago

COIL COUNTING?!?!?!?!
jordan.gifjordan.gif

#7102 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Agreed!
The Stern sculpt looks like a cross between Arnold Schwarzenegger in T1 and Harry Potter

I see some Ben Affleck in there. Like Batman Ben Affleck.

#7266 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Here's what you don't understand: "New players" doesn't mean "young players."
People with kids here are OBSESSED with the idea that Stern should base their business model around "attracting kids," which is an absolutely pointless exercise in 2019. Kids don't play pinball, kids don't buy pinball, kids don't go to bars, kids don't do much besides go to school and play with their tech.
You know who does go out to bars? 20 and 30 somethings. And a simple, "shallow" game like Munsters with a retro theme is a perfectly valid way to get "new players" like them into pinball.

If that’s true, why use an obscure theme from 1964 to attract 20-30 somethings? Shit their parents barely remember The Munsters.

#7280 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I wish some company would just pop the zit of a 3 Stooges pin already so it could bomb and allow us to move on.

LOL. I call Laurel and Hardy pin next! With a wooden soldier bash toy!

#7285 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'd like to add a bit since I've put another dozen games in on it.
You know what's fun?
Scoring big points!
You knows what's not fun?
Not scoring big points!
Munsters is bugging me a bit because the entire game bases itself on the principle of choosing to not score points in the hope of scoring more points later. It's inherently not fun.
I've heard this compared to say Jackbot or Batman66, but that's way off. There's plenty of other chances to score big points in those games that don't rely on "delayed gratification. And, you aren't flying blind in those games - you know what the jackpot value is and weigh whether or not you should accept or delay. Munsters is a lot of guesswork.
Perhaps this could be addressed in a future code rev. The Super Jackpot in Munsters is the only way currently to really score huge points and I think the way it's being handled is inherently not fun.

"Not as fun as Jack*Bot" is not very fun.

#7316 5 years ago
Quoted from mpnox:

Just heard a rumor about the Stern factory getting flooded and Munsters LE is delayed, some got damaged.
Any truth to this?

Yes. It was posted earlier in this thread.

#7371 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Lol Every single Bally Williams game has less code than Munsters

But not more drop targets.

#7405 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

WOF thats 2
If you have a game you feel that need code update feel free to add.

I would say Star Wars but it's so confusing, no one knows if anything's missing.

PS: GOT has its problems too

#7438 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Interesting. I read Waison and team put a huge update on Wrestlemania (1.25 and later 1.33/1.35).
Are there serious bugs from this last update nearly 3 years ago? If its broken have you sent examples to Stern? If so, press on and remind them! There is no excuse to leave a game broken. They have more programmers now and less reason to excuse broken code.
Sorry for going off topic.

Was playing last night and this is where I was...

1 Finished US Championship (win 3 individual matches, then win US Champ match), this also lights extra ball
2 Finished Tag Team Championship (win 1 Tag Team match, then win the Tag Team Title Match)
3 Royal Rumble Qualified. Shooting left shot (the saucer) which also is the Intercontinental Belt Match

Is point #3 correct? The only strange thing is it says "shoot the left shot" but the shot isn't lit. The left shot is the saucer though, NOT the top left loop.

Once that begins, Jackpots "move" throughout the Playfield. If you hit enough, presumably you light the super (I assume the pin shot) and win the IC title?

Back to your regularly scheduled Munsters hype...

#7503 5 years ago

Man, I really want a GOT, but Dwight code has me worried. Munsters code seems so uninspired to me.

And when I see "blah blah blah Jackpot Grows" on a DMD it gives me shivers back to my Ghostbusters LE days: Terror Dog Value Grows, River of Slime Value Grows, etc.

It reminds me of how bad that pin is. Hope Munsters gets some future code love unlike GB.

#7542 5 years ago

Let’s get this straight. Casper is so superior to My Pillow it’s not even funny.

Don’t buy your pillows from a dude with a dyed mustache, people.
C791B4B1-4580-452F-94A7-9FE0DBB20A10 (resized).pngC791B4B1-4580-452F-94A7-9FE0DBB20A10 (resized).png

#7556 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

These are fantastic pillows Guinness. I do know people that dont like them but i know lots of people that wouldn't take anything for theirs and I'm one of those people. I have serious spine problems from getting hit by a car on my motorcycle and the Mypillow has been a blessing for me. I literally couldn't find any pillow that i liked and i went through a bunch of them and finally the Mypillow was the answer. I love mine.

I have one and for a stomach sleeper, it's probably the worst pillow I've ever had. Like sleeping on a bag of packing peanuts.

Quoted from GamerRick:

He looks like a 70’s porn actor.

Let's hope it's just "looks like".

Quoted from Magicchiz:

So if you look at the now photo. It just makes sence to go black with gold highlights. Saves ya a whole bunch of $.
[quoted image]

What do you expect for a machine that costs $2500 to make?

#7564 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

So LE is 9G and only the legs are powder-coated?
AC DC premiums have powder coating. Why not Munsters LE?

Even the powder coating is "Limited"

#7576 5 years ago

"Inspired by the original series, the half-hour single-camera The Munsters, now in development, follows members of an offbeat family who are determined to stay true to themselves but struggle to fit in in hipster Brooklyn."

burn.gifburn.gif
#7597 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, it's gonna be a problem, but everyone knew there would be something like this when he became a distributor. You can't be honest about the duds when you're simultaneously trying to sell said duds. He was at least half the show, and reading other people's opinions is not the same - it comes off poorly, and it's impossible to care about the ratings of these invisible "others" as a result.

It's true, but what does SDTM bring in for $$$? Better to be a distributor.

Of course, this would be solved if pinball makers just consistently made better games.

#7672 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Bible Adventures in Oz?

It's research on the ground for the pin that no one knew they wanted, but everyone really needs.

kotter (resized).jpgkotter (resized).jpg
#7700 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Exactly. I shouldn't have to "study" Dwight's video to "learn" the subtleties of the game. Pinball is a "language of lights", which is about communication. That's one of the things that makes LOTR brilliant...you always know what to do and (as a result) feel gratified when you achieve certain objectives. When my heavy hitter friends were playing Munsters this weekend, we were fairly clueless about what each of us were doing to result in points. As a result, you just take pride in lighting the modes (which is easy). Important to note that they are pretty accomplished tournament players (i.e. scoring/rule "nerds"). I guess they need to watch Dwight's video

I'm not saying I disagree, but counterpoint to this The Simpsons. That's one of the most complex rulesets ever, yet I have no idea what the hell I'm doing, really aside from basic modes, multi balls and hurry ups (because they're so incessant). Lots to have to read up on.

I want a GOT, but Dwight's "Ghostbuster-eque" rules worry me.

#7750 5 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

So KISS is a good machine now? It's been off my radar for so long I forgot about it

I've had MET Premium, KISS LE, Maiden Pro and now AC/DC Luci.

Of them all, I'd rank them...

AC/DC
Metallica
Maiden
Kiss

I wanted to throw AC/DC off a cliff day 1, but then I realized I was just "spoiled" with Maiden. AC/DC is tough and just so much fun. Makes you a better player.

Maiden is a super forgiving shooter. Every game was a good length and I'd get pretty far, but all games started to be the same. If you like shooting loops, Maiden is the best. Code is excellent for it as well.

Met is a notch above. There's a lot more ways to attack the machine, then for CIU modes, you have to play the way the machine tells you. (Still there is a lot of bashing to get to CIU modes).

Kiss. Ah, I love Kiss the band. Have my tix for this summer. The game shoots ok (Aerosmith copy) but there are some things that bug me. The scoop is WAY too tight (cliffy makes it worse too). The Demon lock sucks when it malfunctions. Just a big pain which for me would work sometimes and sometimes wouldn't. Overall, I don't think Kiss is all that interesting to play though. It's cool that wizard modes are all achievable with the new code. I reached them all several times. Maybe that's when it really lost its appeal. The new code REALLY made it easier for me and I didn't necessarily want that.

#7763 5 years ago

I wouldn’t accept that. That playfield should’ve been a factory second. QC miss.

I’m sure you didn’t pay a factory second price.

If it follows the Ghostbusters path, you'll need to go to your distributor with extensive photos. They'll then have to go to Stern. Stern will then have to evaluate and come back with a decision.

#7838 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Personally I think that is due to Stern minimally coding their upper / lower playfields which is a bummer. Why? They can't have the rules vary that much between pro and premium / LE games. Well they probably could but usually don't spend the time to do so. ACDC premium / LE is a good example. The lower playfield is used for a couple modes, is never used in multiball modes and has only a few rules coded for it. Same goes for the upper playfield in Aerosmith premium / LE. Munsters premium / LE appears to have more coded for it thankfully then past Stern mini playfields.

Panz is right. From a programming standpoint, you need some logical stopping points. We're all kind of getting taken advantage of with that.

#7863 5 years ago

Yikes.

DC2D02A3-BF8B-4B31-A49B-95BE4109E973.gifDC2D02A3-BF8B-4B31-A49B-95BE4109E973.gif
#7868 5 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

YEAH, what he said. Folks that don't want dimples can buy a playfield protector... and then go sit on their couch with plastic cushion covers. Geez, play and have fun.

Dimples are fine, but isn't the insert clear chipping near Herman's head?

I have like 6 dimples on my 2008 TSPP party. Thinking about adding a protector. New Sterns sure show dimples more. Maybe I'm just missing them on all my older machines.

#7876 5 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Elvis with a fairly dimpled head on the left-hand side but is less noticeable head-on. And no super-bright LEDs.[quoted image][quoted image]

But Elvis was famous for his dimples, so...

#7975 5 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-airbrush:

My Munsters pro airbrush edition.
With airbrush body parts
Custom siderails.
Airbrush Herman
Airbrush apron
Airbrush display cover
Airbrush coin door
And mirror sheets
Only the shooter must airbrush next week, and a new trim for the Backbox
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks gorgeous!

#7989 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

who-dey Your unbridled child-like enthusiasm for a game you don’t even own yet is admirable. When does yours arrive?

Wait. What?! Who-Dey doesn’t own this? Really?

1 week later
#8063 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Munsters #3 on the Top 100....

LOL the hype is real. ACNC next? Grabbing a seat. It'll fall.
chair.gifchair.gif

#8078 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

ACNC is a brickfest and will no way in hell be as good as Munsters is. That game shouldn't rank in the top 1 million.

ACNC is basically this.

paddle.gifpaddle.gif
#8088 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Bahahaha this is just too funny!
not even close, but thanks for the laugh.

Saying "Smokes" actually makes it funnier too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming?tu=Guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.