(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (5 years ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 1956pinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7182 5 years ago

From reading the posts to this thread over the past couple days I think one thing is very clear, we all have a passion for this hobby and industry, and I for one would like to see it continue to grow. For some of us old enough to know what it was like back in the hey day when Williams was cranking out thousands of games a year for a single title/game, we might not ever get back to that level, but at least Stern developes and brings to market several titles each year. I applaud Stern for hanging in there for several years when pinball was all but dead from a manufacturing standpoint, and having several titles to choose from is a great thing we all should be acknowledging.

I have stated on other threads that I think Munster's was designed and developed to bring more people into this hobby that might be playing a pinball machine for the first time on location. I can't help but to think Gary and his team at Stern had a strategy in mind with this game from the onset, and that was to make it 'fun and appealing to the larger demographic' as its primary objective. I think everyone posting to this thread knows Stern has very talented folks on it's payroll and could really do anything they wanted when developing a new game. At the end of the day its still about business and staying in business while offering a product that we 'the end user' can enjoy at multiple levels. Is this game for everyone, no, but variety is the spice of life, and for me I'm glad this game is in my collection. The good is that we as enthusiasts have a choice to play it, ignore it, or buy one, isn't that great

#7209 5 years ago

I need to be talked down off the ledge....Ive got a deposit on an LE and I’m seriously thinking of bailing and buying Beatles Gold instead. In fact today I’m going to my distributors to play Beatles and decide.

For what it's worth, I played a Beatles Gold at my distributors showroom just prior to bagging my Munsters. I played it for about 45 minutes, or long enough to get a decent read on it, I wasn't impressed. A little to retro in some ways and boring play. Suggest you play both before making a purchase.

#7215 5 years ago

For what its worth, I think the Pro is the best bang 4 the buck. I was originally going to hold out for the Premium, but after watching game play videos posted by Dead Flip (Jack D.), and knowing his thoughts on all 3 versions, I went Pro and not looking back. Unless U just gotta have the lower playfield and B&W art, save a few $$ and go Pro.

#7216 5 years ago

Oh, and for those who haven't played the game that much or haven't bothered with the Zap button/feature you need to start using it, It is addictive. The way it works is each time you hit one of the four standup targets in front of the ramps the Zap button will flash to collect a Zap. When you load 5 Zaps you are set up to receive Zap jackpots on certain shots, read Dwight's game rules, or Tilt Forum also has a good description as well.

When you score a jackpot that is qualified for a Zap jackpot it scores higher, plus the user interface screen has a cool lightening bolt graphic and audio as well. Getting Zapped is a good thing and adds to the risk/reward part of the game when you have to hit that zap button during multiball play.

#7237 5 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Has anyone played the LE, I would be interested to hear how the gameplay is.

Go onto 'Deadflip' youtube channel. Jack D. Plays it at CES in Vegas. That might give you a little insight.

#7275 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

If people want a child theme based pinball machine, Frozen II is coming. You may pop your eardrums with a giant silver needle after the billionth refrain of “Let it Go” but most parents are now immune from over exposure. If you want to capture and bring a large audience of young woman to pinball, no other theme right now would do better on that demographic, imo. Toy Story is coming, but if they want to hit a lot of boxes at once, the theme I think must cross both adult and child demographics to work. Munsters crosses a triple demographic, my parents (70+), myself (50+), and my children (30+). It is no wonder Stern built it.

Got that right about the triple demographic. Just think of the same possibility if 'The Three Stoges' Pin was brought to market. Just think of the endless possibilities to load that game up with toys, video snippets, and theme. I'D BE A CUSTOMER FOR SURE!

#7276 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

If people want a child theme based pinball machine, Frozen II is coming. You may pop your eardrums with a giant silver needle after the billionth refrain of “Let it Go” but most parents are now immune from over exposure. If you want to capture and bring a large audience of young woman to pinball, no other theme right now would do better on that demographic, imo. Toy Story is coming, but if they want to hit a lot of boxes at once, the theme I think must cross both adult and child demographics to work. Munsters crosses a triple demographic, my parents (70+), myself (50+), and my children (30+). It is no wonder Stern built it.

Got that right about reaching 3 demographics. Just think about applying this same demographic potential with a 'Three Stooges' Pin. The possibilities for the playfield, toys, artwork, video, and audio would be great. Not sure about the music aspect, but I think everything else about it could be killer if done right. I'd buy one

#7475 5 years ago

Geez, all this bedding and pillow talk is making me sleeply. I'm off to bed now

#7479 5 years ago

Go for it GamerRick, six is a good number of Pins to have in one's home collection, just two more to go !

Congrats on your LE, post photos when it arrives

#7531 5 years ago

Didn't mind the pillow chat, it lead to a bonus photo being added by Who-Dey 'Da-Man' back on post #7492 4 those who may have missed it

1 week later
#7853 5 years ago

Go for it guss, you will not regret it! That's my opinion of course. In the end you are the only one who can determine if it was the right move. I've been into and playing pinball for over 57 years and Munsters works for me!

1 week later
#8015 5 years ago

Since new game code has just come out I have a basic question for those who are all knowing when it comes to coding. My question really pertains to general game settings found in the utilities menu to set the game to Home play, Directors, Medium, or easy, play etc. When changing those particular settings what exactly does that do with respect to changing or altering game code?, and is that built into all game code updates so as game code progresses those other parameters change along with it ?

I leave the bulk of all game settings to factory defaults, with minor adjustments to slings, eject power, ball saves, or other top level menu adjustments, but have never changed any of those other settings I made reference to above. So I was just curious what all happens to a game (not specific to Munster's), but in general for Stern Whitestar, Spike, etc. when you change those settings.

Thanks in advance!

#8020 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It just changes a bunch of adjustments to the game all at once so you don't have to go in and change things one by one. It doesn't change the code itself, it changes the behavior of the game based on variables the code uses. It's just a shortcut to save time for the user, essentially.

Thank you vireland, your explanation is what I kind of assumed, so U confirmed it for me.

1 week later
#8081 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Is level 3 madness the end of game or is there another mode? Has anybody outlasted level three yet with a ball still in play?

Not me, but I'm tempted to block all ball exit's and see if I can get there

#8105 5 years ago

Wow, makes me almost want to hop on a plane to Texas tomorrow so I can check out those Munster Premiums close up!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 1956pinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming?tu=1956pinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.