(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 164.
#4901 5 years ago

I need to play one soon. Does anyone know when they officially ship out to operators? Aren’t they usually first? I really like the look of the premium, but my wallet likes the pro

#4902 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

True, but what if someone who regularly buys LE's stops buying them altogether over this?

Never going to happen.

Did anyone stop buying JJP after the 20th limited edition of WOZ came out?

#4903 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I need to play one soon. Does anyone know when they officially ship out to operators? Aren’t they usually first? I really like the look of the premium, but my wallet likes the pro

Domestic Pros supposedly the week of the 21st, the LEs the first week of Feb, then Premiums the first week of March. I have no idea why the gap is so big between the LE and the Premiums, but that's the official Stern schedule to dists.

#4904 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Never going to happen.

Mark me down, if this happens. I just don't like putting 2k deposit down under a certain set of understanding...then they change it.
It's more principle to me, I don't do business like that. If it was 600 in the beginning..that would be my choice, but after I understand that theere was to be only 500? no way.
Call my dist Monday..tell him to put that 2k towards my MBR LE

#4905 5 years ago

It’s not for Stern. They are satisfying the distributors and of course you have the ones that won’t sell LEs right now but hold them back to sell at a higher price later.

The distribution network expands worldwide and this is what you get

Stern should have foreseen this! It’s their network!

For the COLLECTOR. Go back to the Transformers/AC/DC LE model of 2 different versions

Make a great title more COLLECTIBLE

#4906 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Never going to happen.

I wouldn't be so confident. I bought 5 NIB Stern pins in the past 3 years, all LE's and I am seriously considering stopping buying them now if they pull this.

Would be TOTALLY different if Stern originally announced this increase before taking preorder deposits or prepays in my case. Then we all could have cried that they increased the edition size but to do it after taking peoples money is deceptive and I cannot support that. Hopefully someone that is an attorney will find an opportunity here.

I was at CES and was told to my face on the first day "Only 500, better get your order in!"

#4907 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They changed the Batman '66 SLEs from 30 to 80 (almost TRIPLING it) after announcing it with not much outcry.

True, and very Interesting if they do that here.... I don’t mind at all the idea of 1,000 like CGC L.E’s

500 color, 500 B&W, "0" BS since the beginning

#4908 5 years ago

I don’t know.

I have close to 50 late model Stern machines and as long as the decals aren’t peeling and the play field isn’t ghosting on these new machines, I’ll keep buying.

#4909 5 years ago

Still posted on Sterns site... "Production limited to 500 machines"

any attorneys care to weigh in?

Screenshot 2019-01-13 13.43.22 (resized).pngScreenshot 2019-01-13 13.43.22 (resized).png
#4910 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I bought 5 NIB Stern pins in the past 3 years, all LE's and I am seriously considering stopping buying them now if they pull this.

Other than Transformers, you don't see many LEs sitting around unsold.

Stern added the 100 because of overwhelming demand.

If you cancel yours (as you should), there are lots of other Pinheads waiting to snatch it.

#4911 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Go back to the Transformers/AC/DC LE model of 2 different versions
Make a great title more COLLECTIBLE

100% agree with that idea. With the potential of both Color and B&W Stern should think about that.... they still have time.

#4912 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Still posted on Sterns site... "Production limited to 500 machines"
any attorneys care to weigh in?[quoted image]

Guessing you have the right to cancel your order with no penalty, but other than that no compensation. Does it say subject to change?

#4913 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Why complain about 500 or 600? It's not even out yet. If you had 1 in your basement and it said 1/500 and they they expanded it that makes sense. If anyone is upset Dont buy it then leave a few for the rest of us, or better yet go buy a Jetsons then you can guarantee that you are 1 of 40

Whether this is enough to make me cancel my LE purchase or not is NOT the point. It's a matter of following through on a sales agreement. Period. Just because it may be perceived as irrelevant by Stern or others in the big scheme of things, that does NOT make it okay. Or any less dishonorable.

If I can't trust Stern to honor the limit that they set, as well as promoted, on a "Limited Edition" model prior to my purchase, how can I trust them on any future sales promises? (yes - a rhetorical question)

#4914 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

any attorneys care to weigh in?

Holy shit, you're looking for attorneys already. This should get good.

#4915 5 years ago

I emailed (as already stated) Stern. My hope, (not that it would make a difference) is that others who thought they had a understanding...would consider the same.

Quoted from vid1900:

If you cancel yours (as you should), there are lots of other Pinheads waiting to snatch it.

I'm sry to say...I agree.

#4916 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Guessing you have the right to cancel your order with no penalty, but other than that no compensation. Does it say subject to change?

"subject to adjustment" Totally agree with your statement

#4917 5 years ago

Ha Ha you know whats funny (not really) is the poor guy that paid the extra $150 for number 500...think it was listed as the last one..
Hurry up everybody! get 600 now. Shame on me..

#4918 5 years ago

Personally I buy LE’s because it’s my preferred version and it’s got all the extras I want anyway - custom rails, shaker, invisi, art blades, back glass and speakers. If I buy premium and add all this (assuming I could) I’d be almost at LE price anyway. Plus this version has the colour Pf. The whole limited collectible part is usually bullshit.

Having said that, I have found the depreciation on the LE is less than Premium simply because when I go to sell, the buyer can’t go to the dealer and buy the same edition NIB.

#4919 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Ha Ha you know whats funny (not really) is the poor guy that paid the extra $150 for number 500...think it was listed as the last one..

They should give that guy a free bowl of soup.

#4920 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

True, and very Interesting if they do that here.... I don’t mind at all the idea of 1,000 like CGC L.E’s
500 color, 500 B&W, "0" BS since the beginning

If they were too freaked out to increase a high-demand Iron Maiden LE from 500 to 666, I think 1000 is completely out of the question. But an AC/DC-like split LE run (BiBLE/LTBR) would be pretty cool, especially if the total was 666, because they're not doing 1313.

#4921 5 years ago

I initially heard 800 LE’s

When 500 were announced I did think that is quite low.

I think distributors requested more LE’s and so stern have increased it.
Still think there is way more demand than 600.

But yes it does set a president that LE’s are not so “Limited”.

#4922 5 years ago

I really like the premium, but I’m going to wait to purchase when I hear they are shipping out not having my money tied up for months on end..

#4923 5 years ago

The solution is to offer the color pf on the premium. I was surprised this wasn’t the case from the beginning.

#4924 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Hurry up everybody! get 600 now. Shame on me..

I think the opposite, #500 it will be the owner of the last "REAL L.E." not the next 100 copies of the L.E’s

That’s why Stern should make them B&W with a badge "1 - 100"

#4925 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Personally I buy LE’s because it’s my preferred version and it’s got all the extras I want anyway - custom rails, shaker, invisi, art blades, back glass and speakers. The whole limited collectible part is usually bullshit.

Ding Ding

500 or even 600 really isn't really that "limited" in number. Think of all the other units produced in Pro's and premiums. It's lots of games total. It's more like trim levels on a car. The LE part is more about the way the game is gussied up rather than how many made in that edition. 500 is pretty size able number. 500 units of any pinball is actually quite a number of games.

We don't know that changing the number of LE's is true anyway. If it is and it makes a difference to you, ... change your order, cancel or do what you like.

#4926 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I initially heard 800 LE’s
When 500 were announced I did think that is quite low.
I think distributors requested more LE’s and so stern have increased it.
Still think there is way more demand than 600.
But yes it does set a president that LE’s are not so “Limited”.

Is there anything official from Stern saying the number of LEs will be increased to 600 or just Kaneda's rumour mill?

#4927 5 years ago

I would have had zero issue with this if they announced 600 at the beginning. But to change it after they have taken my money, I'm not happy about.

I requested my machine from my disty I typically buy from back in April of 2018 for an "Unnanounced machine" which was Munsters. I was told the Saturday before the Stern CES reveal they probably were not going to have enough to fulfill my order. Their list was already that long............. So I called around to find another one... Which I did, albeit more money... I'm sorry but if you were on the fence about this machine or any "Collectible/Limited Edition" and didn't pull the trigger immediately it is your loss.

Stern - Why call these "Limited Editions" if you are going to increase the edition size AFTER the reveal? Stern should just to an open order system for 3 months so someone who was on the fence can determine if they are truly interested...

I'm sure when I call tomorrow I will be able to get a refund and an apology from the poor disty who will hear the brunt from the few customers that care about this stuff...

Just more disappointment/anxiety when this should be an exciting moment to throw away +$10k on something that was planned out for almost a year...

#4928 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Just heard from my distributor in Toronto that apparently Stern is considering increasing the total LE units from 500 to 600.
However, he had not been told of any art cabinet changes in the extra 100.
He’s going to reach out to Stern tomorrow to confirm.
I’m keeping my LE order but am very curious if they’re going to alter anything on these 100 units.

My recommendation is to email Zach and politely discourage the making of more.

[email protected]

#4929 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

[email protected]

Poor Zach.... LoL Probably one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.

#4930 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

[email protected]

Or clean out your refrigerator. At least with one choice you'll have a outcome you want.

#4931 5 years ago

How does this compare to Pirates "Spinner Disc " aka Spinnergate scandal ?

#4932 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

How does this compare to Pirates "Spinner Gate" scandal ?

Unlike the Spinnergate thing, this won't move sales negatively at all. Probably will increase them net net.

#4933 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Unlike the Spinnergate thing, this won't move sales negatively at all. Probably will increase them net net.

Correct. This scandal nets more sales if the scandal is true.

I wouldn't believe anything about this though until verified by Stern.

#4934 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Correct. This scandal nets more sales if the scandal is true.

My 2 cents is do what you announced & documented to the public (no matter pinball, business or personal. Your word does matter on commitments). Stand behind what you say.

Hoping the podcast guy is wrong as this is all needless pinside posts.

#4935 5 years ago

I hope this change in number of units for LE is just noise.

#4936 5 years ago

I would use a cargument if I knew it wouldn’t get me moderated, but the “limited” in any offer from a company holds no value to anyone. Be it the collector, the seller, or the buyer. What makes something collectible, and worth more to ANYONE is how “available” it is. How high does the price of an LE need to go before someone sells it? Depends on how easy it is to get another one. Right now, the only argument the LE purchasers have is they were told they would be one of 500 units produced. A lawyer will tell Stern, then don’t call the next 100 LE’s “Limited Editions” and more than likely, if they up the number, they simply just won’t badge them as LE, just sell them with a different badge. This is not another LE, its a Limiited Color Premium Edition, 1 of 100. So the LCPE is not an LE and doesnt affect LE availability or exclusivity. Problem solved. Or is it? Lawyers will be happy, at least.

#4937 5 years ago

Did I say 500 LE's? No I think it was 600 yeah yeah that's the ticket yeah

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#4938 5 years ago

I couldn't care less if they make 600 vs 500, glad more people can own one. It won't change the value of it.

#4939 5 years ago

Going to report this on TWIP tomorrow, but since there is a lot of speculation right now - TWIP can confirm the number of LEs is now at 600.

#4940 5 years ago

They increased the SLE's in Batman66 so it is possible and really not a major issue but I think the bigger issue is if they offer colour premiums as the colour playfields are the true LE's with the cabinet.

I think they could of sold a crap load of premiums if there was a colour version as well as a B&W option

#4941 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Going to report this on TWIP tomorrow, but since there is a lot of speculation right now - TWIP can confirm the number of LEs is now at 600.

This is going to make some folks really upset. If Jeff is reporting it, the probability is high the number is now 600.

#4942 5 years ago

Since Stern increased the numbers produced on the Batman SLE, a seemingly far rarer & more ‘collectible’ example, do most feel it’s a big deal going from 500 to 600 units?
Personally, I’m not overly bothered by those extras, as it does mean 100 more buyers get to own this cool edition.

However, I wonder why Stern would choose to do this on Munsters as opposed to Maiden where there was estimated to be far higher demand?
I suppose all future LEs may be subject to this re-occurring.

In the end, IMO Stern has done a really nice job with all three models and I think everyone will be happy with the one they choose.

#4943 5 years ago

as of 1/8/19

Probably needs to be updated to 600 if true, but showing still 500 on their site.

https://sternpinball.com/2019/01/08/stern-pinball-announces-new-munsters-pinball-machines/

#4944 5 years ago

I can see both sides to this 500/600 argument, however if Stern making a bit of extra cash helps them stay in business making the toys we love, then what's an extra 100 LE pins in the world? Just my opinion.

#4945 5 years ago

Im in on an LE, the number increase doesn't really bother me, but man oh man. everyone has been super hyped abput this pin. and stern really has done well with the reveal, the energy, the excitement. If you listen to any podcast about this machine, the comments have been nothing but positive and energized and happy.

now enter the LE to 600 stuff.... grrrrrrr…. here comes the bitching, the negativity and the dark cloud...

#4946 5 years ago

If this is true, demand has caught them by surprise and they have left money on the table.

Still find it hard to believe they really have increased to 600.

It's only a podcast rumor!

#4947 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:...
It's only a podcast rumor!

hello!!!!

Quoted from pin2d:

jeff is usually pretty on top of all things pinball...

#4948 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

This is going to make some folks really upset. Thanks for verifying Jeff.

If you’re upset at the thought of more people being able to enjoy a thing, time to re-evaluate your perspective on life.

#4949 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If you’re upset at the thought of more people being able to enjoy a thing, time to re-evaluate your perspective on life.

Then get rid of “limited edition” and go with model trim 1, 2, 3. Let people buy what model level they want.

Stern doesn’t do this because they get those 500 LE people on the hook before game hits the market. Clever marketing strategy. If they waited offering model 1..2.3 then they might not sell the higher level version out on (there most profitable version per machine).

So in this case Stern messing with LE owners will cause them to be upset and they may not order next time. They may wait it out cause if it is a popular theme “Stern will make more LEs.”

My 2 cents- let Zach know how you feel as an LE consumer!

#4950 5 years ago

Whats that crazy Grandpa doing in the Laboratory Now!! Introducing the Munsters "Spark Generators" Mod! Custom electrical generator lenses with bolt pattern mounting base. Each lense is carefully polished to carry the flasher lighting all the way to the polished mini chrome ball topper. Fits on any and all of the flasher domes to complete that laboratory look Grandpa loves so much. Kit is Easy to install and comes as a Set of (2). It's alive...... and available NOW from our Website Store. Thanks for everyones interest and support!!!

www.TheModCouplePinball.com
The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.