(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 164.
#4851 5 years ago

Did see another model of Munsters machine on my travels...

Munsters (resized).JPGMunsters (resized).JPG
#4852 5 years ago

I Checked a few places on line. I have Netflix and Hulu. Can you steam the show anywhere. Or just dvds? May start wAtching before pin arrives

#4853 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I Checked a few places on line. I have Netflix and Hulu. Can you steam the show anywhere. Or just dvds? May start wAtching before pin arrives

A friend of mine said that they are on a service called dailymotion but i have no idea what dailymotion is or if its true or not.

#4854 5 years ago

Stern increasing LE production quantity to 600 according to Kaneda. Anyone seen/heard this officially?

#4855 5 years ago

Ill buy an LE for sure once the hype wears off.

#4856 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Stern increasing LE production quantity to 600 according to Kaneda. Anyone seen/heard this officially?

Machine at CES was numbered to 500...
2019-01-08 13.11.23 (resized).jpg2019-01-08 13.11.23 (resized).jpg

2019-01-08 13.11.27 (resized).jpg2019-01-08 13.11.27 (resized).jpg
#4857 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

A friend of mine said that they are on a service called dailymotion but i have no idea what dailymotion is or if its true or not.

I just bought season 1 on Amazon prime video. Watching now. Great memories

#4858 5 years ago

Just ordered a PRE. The black and white graphics got me hooked.

#4859 5 years ago

Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics...

#4860 5 years ago

With plates already showing 0 t0 500 ..and 001 of 500 if they did, I would think this would start some shit, and many wouldn't put much faith in "limited editions"after the fact.
But, that being said, I "could" see them making another special run with (like many are hoping) The lower play field in a pro cab

001 (resized).jpeg001 (resized).jpeg
#4861 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

I believe it has the same light show as well.

That’s a very nice feature for a pro! Wow! The light show is frequently why I go with the higher models.

#4862 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That’s a very nice feature for a pro! Wow! The light show is frequently why I go with the higher models.

Agreed .. i figured i won't miss the lower playfield especially when saving 2k.....

#4863 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Agreed .. i figured i won't miss the lower playfield especially when saving 2k.....

I’m not much a fan of lower play fields (I can’t think of one mini play field I like), but will give both a try before deciding which I prefer since the Munsters lower play field looks special.

#4864 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I’m not much a fan of lower play fields (I can’t think of one mini play field I like), but will give both a try before deciding which I prefer since the Munsters lower play field looks special.

Im with ya. I HATE lower playfields. Im going with a pro. Looks better to me!

#4865 5 years ago

If those "100 Extra(Not that)Limited Edition" are with the Cabinets and playfield in B&W, my Brother and me we will sit again in that train of the L.E. ... otherwise 2 Premium are definitely our main choices.

#4866 5 years ago

I am leaning towards pro...waiting for the mods to come...

#4867 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I am leaning towards pro...waiting for the mods to come...

There's going to be lots of good mods for this game i bet.

#4868 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Couldn't you just cradle the balls on one playfield, then play the other... When it drains, revert back to the other playfield.

Mutliball is over when upper playfield is down to 1, so cradling on lower would be wasted. However, what if you cradled 2+ balls on upper pf and then played lower? Could you play it forever? I suspect Dwight's already thought of that and you probably complete the lower pf with no shots left to hit, until you complete some other shot on the upper pf.

#4869 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Im with ya. I HATE lower playfields. Im going with a pro. Looks better to me!

PRO it is definitely a winner game in my POV, 100% well made.... easy a Premium level, and my second choice of the 3 models.

Quoted from jonesjb:

Never tried a LW in my life, I like what I see in the videos and also looks very nice with the Grandpa’s Lab. I want a Premium and wish that the artists that we have in our thread they’re able to create a nice translite with Dragula or the one of the L.E. but B&W

#4870 5 years ago

Question for anyone following the rules. Are the super jackpot values based on how well you did during their character modes?

#4871 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Question for anyone following the rules. Are the super jackpot values based on how well you did during their character modes?

Yes

#4872 5 years ago

I heard same podcast!

If this is true does it devalue your LE?

Does it piss you off?

Should we email NOW distributors and Stern and complain about pulling this fast one in LE owners.

If we are honest this will have a small negative affect on value of LE long run.

#4873 5 years ago

A distributor I work with also mentioned that he was told Stern is expanding from 500 to 600 LEs.

#4874 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I heard same podcast!
If this is true does it devalue your LE?
Does it piss you off?
Should we email NOW distributors and Stern and complain about pulling this fast one in LE owners.
If we are honest this will have a small negative affect on value of LE long run.

I just purchased an LE and I couldn't care less.

If all of the toys I buy held 50% of their original purchase price, I'd be ecstatic. I'm not losing any sleep if they're worthless the day after I take delivery.

#4875 5 years ago

Limiting a production number on a collectible is ALL about perceived value. If they do add another 100, Stern has stooped yet again, regardless if anyone personally cares about the individual value of his game. My guess is that it will be a separate run of 100 super les using a mix of the other models.

#4876 5 years ago

I haven't listened to K's podcast yet, but is this increase in quantity because of a demand of would be Munsters purchasers who want a full color upper and lower playfield who wouldn't be satisfied with a black and white premium?

Personally, I'm eating my words on the black and white. I was very negative on it before I saw it, and after seeing it, I could see myself owning it. It looks great. Every version of this game looks good to me though. I think Franchi knocked it outta the park on all 3.

#4877 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I just purchased an LE and I couldn't care less.
If all of the toys I buy held 50% of their original purchase price, I'd be ecstatic. I'm not losing any sleep if they're worthless the day after I take delivery.

Value-wise, I agree. However, if true, I think it sucks in principle. Customers, including me, were informed by Stern prior to our purchase that production of this LE would be limited to 500. To go back on that, once most sales are complete, is disingenuous.

#4878 5 years ago

Interesting development about the possible addition of 100 LEs.
Ive also emailed my distributor to confirm if this in fact true.
I’m in for an LE but would like to know if there is an additional outer art choice for the cabinet.
Has anyone heard from their distributor if this is actually the case?

#4879 5 years ago

Those 100 should be a kind of SLE in B&W all of it... if that’s true.

Otherwise disrespectful for the 500 L.E. owners, because what’s next?... another 100 after the other 100?...

#4880 5 years ago

No one's LE has been made yet has it so I don't know how much significance can be placed on those show plaques only showing X of 500...

#4881 5 years ago

Well, I just sent them a potential nasty e-mail if true..I'm out. I'll be happy with just my MBR-LE

If they change-up the 100 to be something different..I'm ok with that.

#4882 5 years ago

Maybe one day we’ll see game #600/500 produced. I don’t like that Stern changed the quantity of Munster LE’s after announcing 500. Same trick they pulled with BM66SLE. They had no consequences so have learned nothing. Bad for their reputation, although if they sell in short term it will be viewed as a Good business decision. At $9k, I am out of buying LE’s anyhow.

#4883 5 years ago

Yeah, I would be a bit upset as well.
Here in Canada, we are shelling out over $13k for an LE.
If they’re going to start releasing more cabinet or art options as part of the LE run, I would think it’s reasonable to be given the option before placing our order.
If the only source for the leak is Kaneda, how actually accurate is he in these pod casts?

#4884 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Those 100 should be a kind of SLE in B&W all of it... if that’s true.
Otherwise disrespectful for the 500 L.E. owners, because what’s next?... another 100 after the other 100?...

I'm sure Stern will include an official pinball sharpie so each owner can update the current LE's produced number on their plaque

#4885 5 years ago

I primarily want the Munsters Premium because of the b&w art. Lower playfield looks spectacular and I want it too, but I would sacrifice IF I could get it the pro in b&w. I wouldn’t expect Stern to announce a new version of this title though as the use of b&w is so distinctive. I’ll take a premium and be happy about it. It really is the whole enchilada (minus color).

#4886 5 years ago

With the exception of TRON, LE's are almost all BS. The LE artwork is rarely nicer and they rarely go up in value. The Stern LE's I've owned were purchased at a nice discount from collectors. The only big win is getting the fullest featured game 1 month before the Premium...

#4887 5 years ago

Just heard from my distributor in Toronto that apparently Stern is considering increasing the total LE units from 500 to 600.
However, he had not been told of any art cabinet changes in the extra 100.
He’s going to reach out to Stern tomorrow to confirm.
I’m keeping my LE order but am very curious if they’re going to alter anything on these 100 units.

#4888 5 years ago

Value-wise, I agree. However, if true, I think it sucks in principle. Customers, including me, were informed by Stern prior to our purchase that production of this LE would be limited to 500. To go back on that, once most sales are complete, is disingenuous.

Yes, I was told 500 as well, but it’s not something that bothers me.

If you feel very strongly about it, I’d imagine you could still cancel your order with your dealer.

#4889 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Just heard from my distributor in Toronto that apparently Stern is increasing the total LE units from 500 to 600.
However, he had not been told of any art cabinet changes in the extra 100.
He’s going to reach out to Stern tomorrow to confirm.
I’m keeping my LE order but am very curious if they’re going to alter anything on these 100 units.

I think it’s a total BS move on Sterns part once again

I was praising them for understanding the “collector” aspect much better than JJP which isn’t that tough because JJP is F ing clueless on that front

While it’s not a huge difference it still matters

They should have just done 300 of each version

I’m gonna look at it again and may drop down to premium

#4890 5 years ago

LE are imo dumb (and I own one so I'm dumb too) but if you're gonna do them you gotta honor the word. Don't tell people it's 500, and then decide wow they're selling well, let's make more. That's a greedy dick move to the people who shell out money for your best margin product. Hopefully it's just a rumor and not actually happening.

#4891 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I heard same podcast!

If this is true does it devalue your LE? - YES, I believe it does. 500 is more "Limited" than 600.

Does it piss you off? - YES, It does bother me that after I was told by my distributor and Stern there were only going to be 500 and I paid for my LE, in full, under those pretenses.

Should we email NOW distributors and Stern and complain about pulling this fast one in LE owners. - If it is officially announced by Stern I will be calling.

If we are honest this will have a small negative affect on value of LE long run. - YES, Of course it will... It will def devalue, again 500 is more "Limited" than 600...

Have to say this is disappointing to me if true... On top of the machine being $699 more!!!!!!

#4892 5 years ago

Why complain about 500 or 600? It's not even out yet. If you had 1 in your basement and it said 1/500 and they they expanded it that makes sense. If anyone is upset Dont buy it then leave a few for the rest of us, or better yet go buy a Jetsons then you can guarantee that you are 1 of 40

#4893 5 years ago

Stern - Increase the quantities on your next machine, during the unveiling, before you take peoples/distributors money...

#4894 5 years ago

Dont think of pinball as a investment, bad idea. Just play and have fun or go out your money in the market, for anyone that backs out there will be someone stepping up in place.

#4895 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

There's a channel called CoziTV that runs it, but they have the WORST version of it I've ever seen - it's all too dark and smeared like vaseline on the lens. The DVDs are a MUCH better transfer.

#4897 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Should we email NOW distributors and Stern and complain about pulling this fast one in LE owners. - If it is officially announced by Stern I will be calling.

Stern making an extra 100 LEs will allow them to make an extra quarter of a million dollars.

That will be good bank when the economy tanks latter this year.

If it keeps Stern in business, it's a good thing!
f822a14b544a9f6d1d8d495dd9fdb35f4dae206d (resized).jpgf822a14b544a9f6d1d8d495dd9fdb35f4dae206d (resized).jpg

#4898 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Dont think of pinball as a investment, bad idea. Just play and have fun or go out your money in the market, for anyone that backs out there will be someone stepping up in place.

True, but what if someone who regularly buys LE's stops buying them altogether over this?

#4899 5 years ago

Investment..no. Lying..yes.

I'll never trust stern again.

#4900 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

With plates already showing 0 t0 500 ..and 001 of 500 if they did, I would think this would start some shit, and many wouldn't put much faith in "limited editions"after the fact.
But, that being said, I "could" see them making another special run with (like many are hoping) The lower play field in a pro cab[quoted image]

They changed the Batman '66 SLEs from 30 to 80 (almost TRIPLING it) after announcing it with not much outcry. If they were smart they'd change it up to offer two versions of the LE, a Grandpa (B/W) and a Herman (Color) version, say 266 Grandpa and 400 Herman. But they didn't do the obvious and even more fitting 666 on Iron Maiden that they could have easily sold, so I doubt they'd do it here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/98?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.