(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 164.
#4801 5 years ago

Munsters looks nice for a Stern. Good job Stern.

#4802 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Caved and purchased the Premium as well as the LE after seeing the videos.
These are the nicest looking Stern machines in quite awhile. Great job, Team Stern.

Did somebody hijack MikeJ's Pinside account?

Wtf

#4803 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Munsters LE paid in full SO excited to see Stern fulfill basically my childhood dream collection. BM66 and now Munsters! Both bring huge inspiration to create with MANY we feel creative mods on the way! So looking forward to parking this game in our collection. Thank you Stern and especially Chris F for Nailing that amazing artwork. Wow.

Knowing that I will go for a Premium, I feel good to know that I’m covered by the Mod Couple 100%....
Yelobird, if possible please think about some translites in B&W for Premiums (maybe close or basically the same of the L.E. but in B&W off course) It will be my 1st Premium, so I don’t know if that’s possible to personalize the plates(not with numbers but to choose the characters or colors), like Zombo or Grandpa... just saying.

Thanks Yelobird

Regards

28B660F2-7DDD-40F0-91EF-863FB03B336C (resized).png28B660F2-7DDD-40F0-91EF-863FB03B336C (resized).png
#4804 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Knowing that I will go for a Premium, I feel good to know that I’m covered by the Mod Couple 100%....
Yelobird, if possible please think about some translites in B&W for Premiums (maybe close or basically the same of the L.E. but in B&W off course) It will be my 1st Premium, so I don’t know if that’s possible to personalize the plates(not with numbers but to choose the characters or colors), like Zombo or Grandpa... just saying.
Thanks Yelobird
Regards
[quoted image]

We typically refrain from creating or editing serial plates or signatures but I am Really excited to show off what we have created for this game. Went some new directions some complex some just fitting of such a beautiful game. We will release them very soon. Don't like showing people a concept and making them wait for Months it to come available. We hope to have several by this weekend....

#4805 5 years ago

I see that the B&W Art blades for the Premium are extremely nice, also the spider web side armor for the Premium looks nice in plain black...it was a good detail by Stern, but I don’t mind those in white too.

#4806 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I see that the B&W Art blades for the Premium are extremely nice, also the spider web side armor for the Premium looks nice in plain black...it was a good detail by Stern, but I don’t mind those in white too.

Agreed, those web rails just make the game similar to the ones on Batman 66. I would Hope they would paper back those with white in the webbing so the cabinet art doesn't show. Curious if these will be as expensive as the BM66 rails...

#4807 5 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Ok, quick follow-up. I managed to get two games on the pro today so here are my quick thoughts on that. I'm usually leaning towards premium versions myself (with few exceptions, like GoT) but I have to say this one was very nice. I haven't looked at the actual differences between the models, but it the only meaningful difference is the lower playfield, I'd say pro is a good version to go for. Don't get me wrong, the lower playfield is nice, but it introduces an element of stop and go (while you wait for it to start) and it's a bit of a complication i.e. it's makes control harder and despite the ramps etc it's probably in the long run not that exciting.
With that, it felt like the pro version was a players game without too many compromises or missing features. I still like it a lot, but have a concern that better players might find it too easy. As I said I'm not a good player, but on my first pro play I managed to get to Munsters of rock (you can see that game on the dead flip pro version stream at around 2:56 mark).
If I were to purchase this pin, and I very well may, I'd definitely consider the pro version. Lot's of action and fun to play

My exact same thought on the pro version . Pretty easy and basically the same feature as the premium minus the lower playfield.

#4808 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I was also hoping for a mini PF where the ball actually transitions from one PF to another ... I guess gravity and access are the reason they don’t.

The very first pinball machine I ever owned was a brand new Gottlieb Haunted House (‘82). In the arcade I managed, in others I visited, and in my own home, that game always had a problem popping the ball back up from the basement. Sometimes it would take 2-3 tries before it made it up. And it would always play the same sound effects regardless of whether it worked or not. It was the little engine that thought it could. “I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!” Other times the pop-up mechanism would just fail all together and need to be repaired.

All that said, yeah, I would love to have seen a three-level Munsters. And with ‘60s or early ‘70s style artwork. But I’ll take what I can get. And this machine looks like a hell of a lot of fun to me!

#4809 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Caved and purchased the Premium as well as the LE after seeing the videos.

Hmmm. Now there’s an idea! If I end up wanting to go full color, I could purchase an LE and a Pro, both, and swap out the guts.

Do you think anyone would be interested in my casket cabinet but with the single level Pro playfield? That would be one way to get the art I wanted.

I’d have a problem with the side art blades, though, wouldn’t I? Oh, and the casket Pro would end up having a 2nd unneeded set of flippers.

Oh, well.

“Dammit, Jim, I’m a doctor, not a pinball cabinet maker!”

#4810 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I don’t know if that’s possible to personalize the plates...

Am I the only one who wishes Stern would put the plates somewhere else? They make the speaker and LCD display area look off-balanced and are quite distracting if you’re OCD about that sort of thing. Yeah, I know what table it is, thank you very much.

Maybe put it down somewhere with the instructions, cost to play, etc. Or on the lower cabinet front. I guess I really don’t see the need at all. Serial numbers for the LEs are one thing, but the plate doesn’t serve any purpose on the Premium or Pro.

I own all sorts of Limited Edition collectibles. Literally none have a number staring at me. On the bottom, on the back, on a certificate, sure.

It just seems like Stern is adding more clutter for the sake of adding more clutter.

#4811 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Lazy doesn't make it invalid, just easy.

What’s the matter? Was the PIN BUNK avator taken already? Did you try PIN PUNK? Isn’t there a party store somewhere that needs someone to hang out front of and push little kids off their bikes?

#4812 5 years ago
Quoted from Metaluna5:

What’s the matter? Was the PIN BUNK avator taken already? Did you try PIN PUNK? Isn’t there a party store somewhere that needs someone to hang out front of and push little kids off their bikes?

And here is the counterpoint to that rebuttal. But even though it's weak, your art is strong. I'm not at all sorry I voted for your work in this year's THWIPies.

#4813 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Am I the only one who wishes Stern would put the plates somewhere else? They make the speaker and LCD display area look off-balanced and are quite distracting if you’re OCD about that sort of thing. Yeah, I know what table it is, thank you very much.
Maybe put it down somewhere with the instructions, cost to play, etc. Or on the lower cabinet front. I guess I really don’t see the need at all. Serial numbers for the LEs are one thing, but the plate doesn’t serve any purpose on the Premium or Pro.
I own all sorts of Limited Edition collectibles. Literally none have a number staring at me. On the bottom, on the back, on a certificate, sure.
It just seems like Stern is adding more clutter for the sake of adding more clutter.

Stern should copy what they did for Beatles...it looks great.

Beatles-3Playfields (resized).jpegBeatles-3Playfields (resized).jpeg
#4814 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Stern should copy what they did for Beatles...it looks great.

Yes, much better!

We ever gonna see anything besides yellow on those insert cards? Man, Stern must have got a hell of a deal on yellow paper from Staples! LOL!

#4815 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Yes, much better!
We ever gonna see anything besides yellow on those insert cards? Man, Stern must have got a hell of a deal on yellow paper from Staples! LOL!

I think the yellow paper and large pricing lettering is for routes - to stand out and be uncluttered/easy to read. Even with that, people are dumb and have a hard time finding the cost of the game.

#4816 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think the yellow paper and large pricing lettering is for routes - to stand out and be uncluttered/easy to read. Even with that, people are dumb and have a hard time finding the cost of the game.

Sure, but so many games are being sold for the home, it would be great if Stern followed JJP's lead and removed all clutter from aprons. Love the way my DILE has nothing but artwork that compliments the game. The overlays for pricing/instructions are optional.

#4817 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Did somebody hijack MikeJ's Pinside account?
Wtf

I give credit where credit is due. These machines are an absolute home run.

I buy machines for the artwork and overall aesthetic as much as I do the gameplay which sometimes results in having multiple versions of the same game. (SM, MET, Avengers to name a few)

And it doesn’t hurt that most of the blatant quality issues seem to be in Stern’s rear view mirror.

#4818 5 years ago

I agree and therefore fear for my bank account and happy marriage. I am buying BM66 and Munsters...with two more being SR’ game and Eddy’s.

#4819 5 years ago

Metaluna5 Hey Chris, thanks for designing an awesome looking art package on this game for us all.

#4820 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I agree and therefore fear for my bank account and happy marriage. I am buying BM66 and Munsters...with two more being SR’ game and Eddy’s.

Yeah 2019 is looking dangerous for a lot of Pinsiders marriages

#4821 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Where do I see the B & W Art blades for the Premium? Thanks

#4822 5 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Where do I see the B & W Art blades for the Premium? Thanks

Stern video teaser, those are exactly the ones with the paintings of the L.E. but in B&W... also you can see the blades in the PRO and those are a beauty too! in my POV the Munster PRO it is one the most beautiful of all PRO games in years, the playfield, the translite and cabinet are simply amazing!

#4823 5 years ago

Thanks, they look great! Wonder what cost will be?

#4824 5 years ago

I WANT MY LE NOW! THE ANTICIPATION IS KILLING MEEEEEEEE

#4825 5 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Metaluna5 Hey Chris, thanks for designing an awesome looking art package on this game for us all.

You're very welcome. Glad you like it. Took a loooong time and many sleepless night to create. Lots of love went into it, as did Borg, who wore himself out into a bad illness that took him out for nearly 2 months. Happy Flipping!

#4826 5 years ago

From the teaser video...

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg

#4827 5 years ago
Quoted from Metaluna5:

You're very welcome. Glad you like it. Took a loooong time and many sleepless night to create. Lots of love went into it, as did Borg, who wore himself out into a bad illness that took him out for nearly 2 months. Happy Flipping!

@metaluna5
hey buddy, just listened to the special when lit "making of munsters" and heard the comment about getting rid of the dining room set... LOL I did EXACTLY that. as a matter of fact I had a really nice all cherry dinette set... and I "free curb alerted" it on craigslist a year ago, and never looked back. you gotta do it buddy. made room for 5 more pins, and 4 video games.

and thanks from me too, cant wait for my LE!! fantastic job!

#4828 5 years ago
Quoted from Metaluna5:

That Premium with the side blades is possibly the best looking art package game ever to come out of Stern. It is simply beautiful.

#4829 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

That Premium with the side blades is possibly the best looking art package game ever to come out of Stern. It is simply beautiful.

Yeah, it’s pretty much a must buy.

#4830 5 years ago
Quoted from Metaluna5:

They look fantastic.

Metaluna5 any challenges in creating B&W? Did you know you were doing that ahead of time or was that a last minute, game-time decision?

#4831 5 years ago
Quoted from Metaluna5:

Great job guys

BM66LE
Beatles
MunstersLE

My Franchi trifecta of artistic beauty lined up right next to each other!! Spot ready for Munsters

I now have situated my pins so they are far enough apart to see the gorgeous side art

Helps to have a huge space now

#4832 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Huge space equals more pins!

#4833 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Great job guys
BM66LE
Beatles
MunstersLE
My Franchi trifecta of artistic beauty lined up right next to each other!! Spot ready for Munsters
I know have situated my pins so they are far enough apart to see the gorgeous side art

No question, my machines all sit on an angle and are at least a yardstick apart so that you can take in all of the glorious artwork.

I may have to revisit Beatles.

#4834 5 years ago

Played this at CES until I was sick of it. The lower playfield is really cool, but took me a while to figure out the 4 flipper button deal. Wondered why they did it that way - until I got multiball going on both playfields! Sensory overload, I just resorted to fiddle flipping all 4 buttons. All balls were quickly drained.

Would play this one again.

MunstersHighScore (resized).JPGMunstersHighScore (resized).JPG
#4835 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

They look fantastic.
metaluna5 any challenges in creating B&W? Did you know you were doing that ahead of time or was that a last minute, game-time decision?

Christopher Franchi talks about this on this past week's Special When Lit podcast episode with the Munsters design team:

https://specialwhenlitpinballpodcast.libsyn.com

#4836 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Played this at CES until I was sick of it. The lower playfield is really cool, but took me a while to figure out the 4 flipper button deal. Wondered why they did it that way - until I got multiball going on both playfields! Sensory overload, I just resorted to fiddle flipping all 4 buttons. All balls were quickly drained.
Would play this one again.
[quoted image]

What are your thoughts about Premium vs Pro model? Im talking about the gameplay, not the cabinet art. Is the lower playfield a must have or something you think would get old after awhile?

#4837 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What are your thoughts about Premium vs Pro model? Im talking about the gameplay, not the cabinet art. Is the lower playfield a must have or something you think would get old after awhile?

Sorry, didn't make a distinction. I did play one that was B/W mostly, that was the multi-multiball one

#4838 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I played both and although I’d like to play mores before locking the answer I’d take the pro over premium based on how it plays. The lower pf is nice but a bit gimmicky imho, introduces an element of stop and go and had a feel of less control. The Black and white theme is very nice though, I have to admit

#4839 5 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I played both and although I’d like to play mores before locking the answer I’d take the pro over premium based on how it plays. The lower pf is nice but a bit gimmicky imho, introduces an element of stop and go and had a feel of less control. The Black and white theme is very nice though, I have to admit

Did you or do you feel you could ever flip both playfields under control? So far everyone who’s mentioned getting multiball on the lower and main playfield simultaneously said they just restored to double flipping both buttons both sides.

#4840 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Did you or do you feel you could ever flip both playfields under control? So far everyone who’s mentioned getting multiball on the lower and main playfield simultaneously said they just restored to double flipping both buttons both sides.

Wonder if that’s something they could code in as an option - main flipper buttons activate both flippers (when lower pf is in play). Can’t see why they couldn’t.

#4841 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Couldn't you just cradle the balls on one playfield, then play the other... When it drains, revert back to the other playfield.

#4842 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Couldn't you just cradle the balls on one playfield, then play the other... When it drains, revert back to the other playfield.

Yeah but in that case you might as well not have them running at the same time. Plus code could always change the ability to cradle when both playfields are active.

So I am curious to hear from those that have played the Prem/LE how it felt to them having both playfields in play at once, is it possible to play them both with any control or is it pure mayhem?

#4843 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Just takes a bit to get used to it

Kind of like GB and the opposite flippers

#4844 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just takes a bit to get used to it
Kind of like GB and the opposite flippers

You managed to play some Munsters Ice?

#4845 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Yup

#4846 5 years ago

Do you guys think their is alot to shoot and do on the pro ?

#4847 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Do you guys think their is alot to shoot and do on the pro ?

If I remember correctly, the pro has all the same shots as the upper play field of the premium and le. Only difference is the lower play field. I believe it has the same light show as well.

#4848 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

If I remember correctly, the pro has all the same shots as the upper play field of the premium and le. Only difference is the lower play field. I believe it has the same light show as well.

Correct.

#4849 5 years ago

Yep pro is identical to the other models minus the lower playfield...and for 2k less than a premium the pro is a excellent choice. It also has great colorful art. May be one of the best pros to date . Hard to beat a nib pro like munsters for mid 5k shipped to your door.

#4850 5 years ago

I’m in! On a pro! Starting the club!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
5,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/97?hl=datschwandt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.