(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 164.
#4651 5 years ago

Dwight is explaining this perfectly.. This pin is deep!!

#4652 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Nuh uh.
My dog would probably agree with you though as he can only see black & white. The poor pooch will never get to appreciate the true colorful beauty of the playfield that is exclusively the LE's:
<cue angelic chorus>
[quoted image]

Did someone say "World under glass"?

77ddaa840df5a79bc85ed9f6f65d677ce78e16cb (resized).jpg77ddaa840df5a79bc85ed9f6f65d677ce78e16cb (resized).jpg
#4653 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Jack's feed is live...

Do you have a link, I never watched one live before

#4654 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I get the feeling that the B&W Prem is going over very well. People seem to be cancelling LEs cuz they like it better. Head2Head's poll indicates people like it better. 181 votes, 35% for LE & 65% for Prem!

Not what I am hearing or seeing.

LEs sold out at most distributors.

Everyone else enjoy B&W if you want Grandpa mini playfield!

#4655 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

#4656 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

Twitch.tv/deadflip I believe

#4658 5 years ago

Gotta say the B/W looks AWESOME. Love that it is B/W but still colorful with the color LEDs...

Both versions of the game look GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

#4659 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I get the feeling that the B&W Prem is going over very well. People seem to be cancelling LEs cuz they like it better. Head2Head's poll indicates people like it better. 181 votes, 35% for LE & 65% for Prem!

I voted premium (just because I like to throw polls off) hmmmm where did I hear that?
I bought the LE

#4660 5 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

This is Franchi’s best yet. A stunner of an art package. Even better than ghostbusters, which was the best.

The color scheme here is VERY similar to Beatles, yet I haven’t heard anyone complain about it yet or call it girly. Funny.

I like the color scheme, on both games. The BW is cool too. Make a Beatles BW Revolver pin and you’ll have a homerun.

#4661 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LEs sold out at most distributors. (Called around most big distributors say sorry no LEs).

Here is another poll on Pinside- looks like all 3 are fairly equal with 220 votes.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-munsters-are-you-in-on-or-are-skipping-it

#4662 5 years ago

After my back and forth between Premium and Pro then watching the Premium stream I decided the lower looks like a lot of fun but I got really tired of the B&W so I put a deposit down on an LE!

#4663 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

LEs sold out at most distributors. (Called around most big distributors say sorry no LEs).
Here is another poll on Pinside- looks like all 3 are fairly equal with 280 votes.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-munsters-are-you-in-on-or-are-skipping-it

Then you aren’t paying attention to the threads. Yes, the LE is difficult to find, but there are many that gave up an LE slot (myself included) that cancelled an LE to go with another model. That LEs are sold out doesn’t mean there was more demand for LEs than Premiums, it means there is more overall demand for the game and that more people that would have been otherwise shut out of an LE now have the opportunity to get one because early LE buyers like the Premium better.

My Sterns have always been LEs. And I was expecting this to be the same. But I really preferred the art package on the Premium more than the cachet of an LE. And that seems to be the case wth a lot of folks. That’s not a knock on the LE, that’s a tip of the cap to the Premium.

#4664 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

LE can still sell out with more people prefering the Premium. LE taps out at 500. Prem only has to sell more than 500 to show that more people like it.

#4665 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Ghostbusters is the ultimate 3 dressed up as a 9.

I”m just biting my tongue...
Game looks great and fun to shoot but as someone with zero Munsters nostalgia I find the audio less than “exciting”. Wasn’t gonna buy one anyway but I am looking forward to playing one sometime. I love the simulated Nixie tube score display though!
Congrats to those of you who are into the theme! I guess I’m just too young and virile for this one...

Wouldn't this be just like an original theme like Attack from Mars or Medieval Madness to you if you aren't familiar with the Munsters?

#4666 5 years ago

and it could be some people may just want the lower playfield,so they upgraded from the pro and see no need for the xtra $$ for the LE.
Money could play a factor (as it usual does) also.

#4667 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

Oh no, I just realized Zombo is not on the Pro artwork!!!! Nooooo how can they leave him out on there?

I know that character it is important for you since the beginning of this thread man!... now I know who he is thanks to you

#4668 5 years ago

That lower play field looks terrific.

Hoping to see my LE by the first week of February.

#4669 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I run my own independent comic label and I can tell you it costs Stern a lot of money to have artists draw and design for them. I know I pay my artists peanuts compared to what stern must be paying, and trust me... Art costs a lot of money to produce and create. So they want to reuse every scrap of art they can.
I don't mind repeating this, as I do want to have all the nice artwork. And with the Premium, the only artwork you're missing is the pro playfield, which is actually pretty nice, and I might when I buy this machine buy a print or poster of hte playfield graphic(sure one will be around to buy). It costs a lot of money and also lengthens the development time of the pin. And really Stern isn't unique in doing this, all businesses tend to reuse their assets in much the same way.
And also this isn't a fairly new trend. The ghostbusters backglass art is 70% or more the same just with marshmellow on winston and the keymaster on it for the LE... Which is a shame as I rather think the LE is the best backglass for Ghostbusters.

If they do it in layers (as most artists do now), it can be re-arranged without mirroring the art, and without redrawing. Each side would be a little different, but it's better than mirroring. In the days of physical art I understand the need for mirroring. Digital era? No excuse.

#4670 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

According to the schedule I was given, that sounds ambitious for an LE. Maybe if you lived by the factory you could get the first one off the line, but factoring in their stated domestic production schedule and shipping to NJ. Nuh-uh.

#4671 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The color scheme here is VERY similar to Beatles, yet I haven’t heard anyone complain about it yet or call it girly. Funny.
I like the color scheme, on both games. The BW is cool too. Make a Beatles BW Revolver pin and you’ll have a homerun.

Beatles is soft pastel colors. Munsters is not. Not even close.

#4672 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Beatles is soft pastel colors. Munsters is not. Not even close.

I think he was just baiting the group.....

#4673 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Then you aren’t paying attention to the threads. Yes, the LE is difficult to find, but there are many that gave up an LE slot (myself included) that cancelled an LE to go with another model. That LEs are sold out doesn’t mean there was more demand for LEs than Premiums, it means there is more overall demand for the game and that more people that would have been otherwise shut out of an LE now have the opportunity to get one because early LE buyers like the Premium better.
My Sterns have always been LEs. And I was expecting this to be the same. But I really preferred the art package on the Premium more than the cachet of an LE. And that seems to be the case wth a lot of folks. That’s not a knock on the LE, that’s a tip of the cap to the Premium.

Hear say dude, need formal poll.
What’s on pinside so far is about a 3 way split in all games. As many that love b@w also hate it.

#4674 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LE can still sell out with more people prefering the Premium. LE taps out at 500. Prem only has to sell more than 500 to show that more people like it.

Right, never know, cuz they don’t sell more than 500 LE’s!!! Goes both ways.

We will never know!

#4675 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Right, everyone is excited to get their machines..Jan, feb, March

#4676 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I think he was just baiting the group.....

Or just plain batin' in public.

#4677 5 years ago

Ordered an LE this week and my Distributor (in Toronto) quoted end of Feb. for delivery.
So excited for this title. This is an awesome hobby!

#4678 5 years ago

After watching the new stream and having Dwight explain the rules i am really liking the lower pf. I think i will get a premium down the road as i also love the black and white.

#4679 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

After watching the new stream and having Dwight explain the rules i am really liking the lower pf. I think i will get a premium down the road as i also love the black and white.

Dwight really helped me out explaining this pin and the lower playfield and flipper buttons. I like what I see with the lower playfield.

#4680 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Who gives a shit.

#4681 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

After my back and forth between Premium and Pro then watching the Premium stream I decided the lower looks like a lot of fun but I got really tired of the B&W so I put a deposit down on an LE!

LOL. Congrats!

Agreed, B&W gets old after a while.

#4682 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Dwight really helped me out explaining this pin and the lower playfield and flipper buttons. I like what I see with the lower playfield.

Watching Dwight say things like "stupid ball search" and frantically hitting switches in that stream made a strong case for a "disable ball search" option in the settings that stays off for a few hours, then turns back on automatically. Would make demos like his MUCH easier, and would not be hard to program at the system level for all Spike2.

#4683 5 years ago

The LE is fucking gorgeous it’s funny that Herman is still black and white. I would buy it without playing it if I could. Alas, my business is hanging by a thread and my son is at A&M and my daughter is getting married next year to a good guy this time. I’ll have to drive to Berne and play Iceland game.

#4684 5 years ago

Love the play field on both the Premium and LE versions, however that LE cabinet is ghastly ...

#4685 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Alas, my business is hanging by a thread and my son is at A&M and my daughter is getting married next year to a good guy this time.

Just cancel cable.

#4686 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If they do it in layers (as most artists do now), it can be re-arranged without mirroring the art, and without redrawing. Each side would be a little different, but it's better than mirroring. In the days of physical art I understand the need for mirroring. Digital era? No excuse.

I agree... As there are dominant hands and non-dominant hands. And also some outfits are asymmetrical. All I was saying is, it costs money. And that is why. I had one artist try to convince me to pay per his brush strokes. And I laughed at him. Told him nope,draw faster, use less lines to draw. He actually had a program addon that counted his lines. Great artist, great friend... But, he really needed to learn to streamline his process, but some artists can't. That's why the great Al Williamson switched to become an inker. he could ink faster than he could draw and he made more money that way... A shame as he was one of the best pencilers of his era.

#4687 5 years ago

Both the Le and Premium look great!!! Tough decision. Dwight did a good job tonight explaining the game play. John is one of the best designers in the business. You can’t go wrong with either model. The Munsters series was so cool in the day that is for sure!!! Watched them all as a kid.

#4688 5 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Both the Le and Premium look great!!! Tough decision. Dwight did a good job tonight explaining the game play. John is one of the best designers in the business. You can’t go wrong with either model. The Munsters series was so cool in the day that is for sure!!! Watched them all as a kid.

My only disappointment, and it's a small one, is Borg recycled another of his pin layouts AGAIN. It's essentially AC/DC layout with a fancier and more interactive lower playfield. It would be nice to get a completely fresh layout from him after like 10 years of copies and mirrors of the same layouts.

#4689 5 years ago

AC/DC was a Steve Ritchie lay-out

#4690 5 years ago

Exactly AC/DC = Ritchie my dude

#4691 5 years ago

Borg recycled Ritchie’s then

#4692 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

AC/DC was a Steve Ritchie lay-out

Derp. Of course. But it's still a copied layout. Copying Steve's layout essentially verbatim doesn't equal a new design. It's AC/DC. Ramps in the same place, pops in the same place, targets in the same place (left/right, grandpa is the TNT ones), and Herman in the bell location at a similar angle.

#4693 5 years ago

Haven’t watched any streams yet. What is the left Medieval Madness shot for and where does it kick out? Does it kick in to the left loop, like a left side ball launch?

#4694 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

...the true colorful beauty of the playfield that is exclusively the LE's

I’d be willing to agree if I could custom order my own cabinet and translite(s). The casket came out looking awful, and I don’t care for the LE’s Beverly Hillbillies translite. If I were going full color, my ideal set up would be to have the LE’s playfield and side blades, the Pro’s cabinet, and two color translites I could rotate — the Premium’s (what’s cookin’, Lily?) and the Pro’s (Tweeterhead statue collection). Oh, and I’d need a full-color Herman toy. Who do I talk to at Stern to make all that happen?

#4695 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Who do I talk to at Stern to make all that happen?

There is currently no online order process for this as they want to ensure order accuracy.

Call Stern's Custom Shop at 1-877-BIG-BUCK(S), press #1 to speak with the consultation officer. From there you will be forwarded to the order desk to pre-pay for your custom pin.

Your build will only be processed after the first allotment of stock pins have been built at which time it can still take and additional 4-8 weeks for delivery.

If there is enough interest, they will consider dedicating resources to process these quicker, that will come at a slight increase in cost however.

I hope that you pull the trigger! Let us know what your experience is like and send pics of the pin!

#4696 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Call Stern's Custom Shop at 1-877-BIG-BUCK(S), press #1 to speak with the consultation officer.

The number used to be 1-900-BND-OVER, but they reallocated that one to their SLE customers.

#4697 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I voted premium (just because I like to throw polls off) hmmmm where did I hear that?
I bought the LE

yeah polls on pinside are pretty funny and I can't believe some here really take them seriously. I agree with some and think most owners will regret buying the b/w version and will tire of it in a few months and when stern does release a color premium version there will be an absolute flood of the b/w version. I would wait for the color version for sure.

#4698 5 years ago

The black and white is so badass that I was sure it was the LE when I saw it. Premium is the way to go. Munsters show was black n white anyway.

#4699 5 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

The black and white is so badass that I was sure it was the LE when I saw it. Premium is the way to go. Munsters show was black n white anyway.

I actually like it to but they screwed up making the playfield b/w as well. Just way to much b/w and you'll see it will get stale fast. Stern will release a colored version you can bank on that.

#4700 5 years ago

This game is nothing like Acdc first of all which that game is a complete hack of t2; ohh and Acdc probably has the worst lower play field ever in a pinball machine too, but too each their own. Last tome I checked all Acdc lower play field had was some touch targets

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.99
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/94 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.