(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 164.
#4601 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There has to be more modes then that otherwise it will have a very shallow ruleset. The picture mentions 5 character shots. I wonder if there will be modes for each of those characters?

Panzer, you need to order one of these pronto and invite me over.

#4602 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sonic Pinball would actually kinda make sense...since he's often rolled into a ball, moving super fast, and traveling on loops & corkscrews. It would translate to pinball well. They could even ship it with blue balls!

You mean like this?

#4603 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The same copycat art was present in Batman too... I’d say it’s just franchise style to redraw exisiting stuff

For the OCD, like me, there are also consequences when you're just copying your own artwork by flipping images around in reverse.

Right-handedRight-handed

Watch as Herman and Lily go from being right-handed to left, and Grandpa and Eddie from left-handed to right.

Left-handedLeft-handed

With the Premium, you've got Herman pointing with his wrong finger/hand on both the front and side of the cabinet. Lily cooks with her right hand on the translite, but then leads with the candle in her left hand on the side of the cabinet. Lily, Grandpa and Eddie aside, that finger point is Herman's signature move. No one will ever notice he's holding up the wrong arm and therefore pointing with his wrong finger? Oops!

Yes, I have too much time on my hands! Yes, I'm still in on the Premium right now. But I dunno, do I wait and see what kind of problems might present themselves with the lower playfield and possibly switch to the Pro? No, not because of the right vs left thing (no, wait, Thing is Addams Family!), but due to added complexity, possible lower playfield boredom, wear and tear, etc.

Can you point me to the Bat Cave?Can you point me to the Bat Cave?

#4604 5 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

The only reason I'm still in this thread is to watch people with way more money than me delight in buying new fancy toys.

https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/premiumpinballmachineraffle-2019

Or.....you could donate to this charity for children and get a chance to win your own.

#4605 5 years ago

Voila...They are pointing with the other finger. It's the other side of the cabinet. Stern flips the images on 90% of their LE and Premium artwork.
munsters RH (resized).jpgmunsters RH (resized).jpg

#4606 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There has to be more modes then that otherwise it will have a very shallow ruleset

"Depth" as a guarantee of fun is a myth. "Shallow" as a critique without context is lazy. Game design (code) must match playfield design. Play the game first, see if it all works together. The initial complaints about Iron Man and Tron were "it's shallow" ...then they became mega hits, because the code design gelled perfectly with the playfield.

#4607 5 years ago

I have to say, this photo makes me REALLY like the Premium the best. I hate everything about the LE Cabinet. Everything.

Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 4.13.22 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-01-10 at 4.13.22 PM (resized).png
#4608 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

"Depth" as a guarantee of fun is a myth. "Shallow" as a critique without context is lazy. Game design (code) must match playfield design. Play the game first, see if it all works together. The initial complaints about Iron Man and Tron were "it's shallow" ...then they became mega hits, because the code design gelled perfectly with the playfield.

Amen.

I’m playing pinball, I don’t want to feel like I’m reading a God damn novel.

#4609 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Voila...They are pointing with the other finger. It's the other side of the cabinet. Stern flips the images on 90% of their LE and Premium artwork.

Oh, I know. My issue is just that Herman's finger point/wag is so recognizable. And it's hard to explain away the flip on the front of the cabinet.

#4610 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

For the OCD, like me, there are also consequences when you're just copying your own artwork by flipping images around in reverse.
[quoted image]
Watch as Herman and Lily go from being right-handed to left, and Grandpa and Eddie from left-handed to right.
[quoted image]
With the Premium, you've got Herman pointing with his wrong finger/hand on both the front and side of the cabinet. Lily cooks with her right hand on the translite, but then leads with the candle in her left hand on the side of the cabinet. Lily, Grandpa and Eddie aside, that finger point is Herman's signature move. No one will ever notice he's holding up the wrong arm and therefore pointing with his wrong finger? Oops!
Yes, I have too much time on my hands! Yes, I'm still in on the Premium right now. But I dunno, do I wait and see what kind of problems might present themselves with the lower playfield and possibly switch to the Pro? No, not because of the right vs left thing (no, wait, Thing is Addams Family!), but due to added complexity, possible lower playfield boredom, wear and tear, etc.
[quoted image]

I run my own independent comic label and I can tell you it costs Stern a lot of money to have artists draw and design for them. I know I pay my artists peanuts compared to what stern must be paying, and trust me... Art costs a lot of money to produce and create. So they want to reuse every scrap of art they can.
I don't mind repeating this, as I do want to have all the nice artwork. And with the Premium, the only artwork you're missing is the pro playfield, which is actually pretty nice, and I might when I buy this machine buy a print or poster of hte playfield graphic(sure one will be around to buy). It costs a lot of money and also lengthens the development time of the pin. And really Stern isn't unique in doing this, all businesses tend to reuse their assets in much the same way.
And also this isn't a fairly new trend. The ghostbusters backglass art is 70% or more the same just with marshmellow on winston and the keymaster on it for the LE... Which is a shame as I rather think the LE is the best backglass for Ghostbusters.

#4611 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I have to say, this photo makes me REALLY like the Premium the best. I hate everything about the LE Cabinet. Everything.[quoted image]

I think the lighting on the Premium, because its black and white artwork might in fact pop more than for any of the other models... Got to wait and see... As I've only seen brief clips of it lit... But, I don't know which I rather have now.. .This or a Ghostbusters.... Its a good dilemma.

#4612 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Amen.
I’m playing pinball, I don’t want to feel like I’m reading a God damn novel.

I mean, sometimes depth works. For a trilogy like LOTR or Hobbit, depth makes sense and I love it on those games....but I also love games like Tron and IM.

#4613 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I think the lighting on the Premium, because its black and white artwork might in fact pop more than for any of the other models... Got to wait and see... As I've only seen brief clips of it lit... But, I don't know which I rather have now.. .This or a Ghostbusters.... Its a good dilemma.

I'm no fan of Borg or Munsters and I never played the game but it still is better then Ghostbusters.

Loved the theme. Loved the art. First NIB. Nearly killed my love for the hobby.
Got to Wizard Mode after one year, then didn't touch it again for 3 months... And it was my only game. Then sold it.
When it was gone I noticed I never really loved the game itself and want it to never come back.

#4614 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I don't pay for $1 games- I walk away.

Black Knight was the game where most ops raised the price to .50 cents.

.50 cents back then is $1.62 in today's money.

So $1 is a friggin' bargain.

#4615 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I'm no fan of Borg or Munsters and I never played the game but it still is better then Ghostbusters.
Got to Wizard Mode after one year, then didn't touch it again for 3 months... And it was my only game. Then sold it.
When it was gone I noticed I never really loved the game itself and want it to never come back.

I just got the pinball arcade version on my ps4... And I got to We came we saw we kicked its ass... Within 2 days...
Plus I've played Ghostbusters now probably 75 times or more at various conventions and bars now... So, the desire is a not so big for me now... But,I still want it. As I love everything about Ghostbusters... Just might want this a bit more... It has Lilly...
Lilly, lilly, lilly legs...

#4616 5 years ago

I have to say, this photo makes me REALLY like the Premium the best. I hate everything about the LE Cabinet. Everything.[quoted image]

She's a beaut Clark

The only thing stopping me from placing my order today is code & QC.

Hopefully Stern finishes it soon. I really like the looks of this game.

#4617 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nah not really because the money you save can go toward another game! This is a very strong pro.

Agreed, here in Oz the price difference between the pro and the LE is a whopping $5,150.00!!! Pro sells for $8,850 and LE $14,000.00. A premium is, $11,500.00. Incredibly high prices here in Australia. (I know some are going to cry exchange rate, but a dollar to us is still a dollar. It wasn’t that long ago when an Auzzie $ was worth more.) You can buy a brand new car here for the LE price. In fact I did not long ago.

A lower playfield, with artwork not as good as a pro IMHO, is not worth an extra $5,150.00. Getting 95% of gameplay, for nearly 40% less cost, is a no brainer. Go Pro!

#4618 5 years ago

isn't the dead flip video from Stern factory supposed to be now on Dead Flip at 4 CST

#4619 5 years ago

Changed to 6 Central time due to flight delay

#4620 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Changed to 6 Central time due to flight delay

Via Instagram? That message was about his "Demons" reveal tomorrow. Was there another about today?
Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 5.25.02 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-01-10 at 5.25.02 PM (resized).png

#4621 5 years ago

Can't wait to see the topper!!! PRAYING it is the clock with a functioning Raven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MNeE7 (resized).jpgMNeE7 (resized).jpg
#4622 5 years ago

My dillema is, "Which pin do I sell to fit Munsters LE in my line up"? Can't sell any!

#4623 5 years ago

You guys ready for the third day of deadroot!

#4624 5 years ago

Via Instagram? That message was about his "Demons" reveal tomorrow. Was there another about today?
[quoted image]

His Twitter message said he had a flight delay and should start around 6-6;30 tonight

#4625 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

His Twitter message said he had a flight delay and should start around 6-6;30 tonight

Ah, gotcha.

#4626 5 years ago

So what time is the stream in GMT!?

#4627 5 years ago

If you're in Sydney it should start at 10 am your time or 10:30 if he's late.......Visited your Country last Summer again...Love it

#4628 5 years ago

Or I could be wrong on your Country.
10:59 PM
Thursday, January 10, 2019
Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)

#4629 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

My dillema is, "Which pin do I sell to fit Munsters LE in my line up"? Can't sell any!

Buy a bigger house!

#4630 5 years ago

Glad you and others like the Premium best - that makes more LE's available for those of us that disagree with you regarding them!

#4631 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Buy a bigger house!

Looks like we're getting an extension to the games room!

#4632 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Glad you and others like the Premium best - that makes more LE's available for those of us that disagree with you regarding them!

I'm glad everyone here is starting to understand that it's okay to like different things as long as we all agree that pinball rocks.

BTW, the Premium IS better.

#4633 5 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

Nuh uh.

My dog would probably agree with you though as he can only see black & white. The poor pooch will never get to appreciate the true colorful beauty of the playfield that is exclusively the LE's:

<cue angelic chorus>

Munsters LE (resized).jpgMunsters LE (resized).jpg

#4634 5 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

I'm glad everyone here is starting to understand that it's okay to like different things as long as we all agree that pinball rocks.

This is the first machine in a long time, that Almost everyone is saying positive comments.

Nice to read.

I think that all three models are great looking. You can’t go wrong with whatever one you buy. Great theme, design and graphics.

Everybody wins!

#4635 5 years ago

I hate everything about the LE Cabinet. Everything.[quoted image]

Strong words. Was just thinking the same thing except about the Premium.

I mean really, it’s freakin pinball art - how can you “hate” everything about a pinball cabinet art package?

Oh, I get it now, have you had bad exeriences with caskets?

#4636 5 years ago

Has the video stream began yet?

#4637 5 years ago

When is the premium stream starting today.

#4638 5 years ago

No not sure what happened

#4639 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

Has the video stream began yet?

Someone mentioned Jack's flight being delayed...

#4640 5 years ago

Yeah says stream will start by 630 central time? That’s with the delay

#4641 5 years ago

Oh no, I just realized Zombo is not on the Pro artwork!!!! Nooooo how can they leave him out on there?

#4642 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Premium art is the best by a long shot.
Not just because it's black and white. But it has the best layout, use of space and readability of characters. Anything with the Dragula is too zoomed out to show the length of it making the characters small. Front on art of it... Oh wait then it's Rob Zombie LE.
Somebody above worries how it'd look in their lineup of Sterns... Totally unique and eye catching is the answer!
Also pro tip for art blind guys: black and white goes with any other color. Meaning your wife will allow this game into potentially more areas of the house.

We now have an interior designer!

#4643 5 years ago

NO, because LE would never win as they are a LIMITED EDITION!

#4644 5 years ago

Its a risky move going b/w. I think it looks cool but won't buy one not being in color . This is a pin that will see alot of huo,s for sale. Love sterns balls. If they offer a prem color i might grab one.

#4645 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Its a risky move going b/w. I think it looks cool but won't buy one not being in color . This is a pin that will see alot of huo,s for sale. Love sterns balls. If they offer a prem color i might grab one.

Be interesting if sales aren't strong if they release a color premium ala Metallica Road Case...

#4646 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Be interesting if sales aren't strong if they release a color premium ala Metallica Road Case...

I get the feeling that the B&W Prem is going over very well. People seem to be cancelling LEs cuz they like it better. Head2Head's poll indicates people like it better. 181 votes, 35% for LE & 65% for Prem!

#4647 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Ghostbusters is the ultimate 3 dressed up as a 9.

Quoted from brett:

This is the first machine in a long time, that Almost everyone is saying positive comments.
Nice to read.
I think that all three models are great looking. You can’t go wrong with whatever one you buy. Great theme, design and graphics.
Everybody wins!

I”m just biting my tongue...

Game looks great and fun to shoot but as someone with zero Munsters nostalgia I find the audio less than “exciting”. Wasn’t gonna buy one anyway but I am looking forward to playing one sometime. I love the simulated Nixie tube score display though!

Congrats to those of you who are into the theme! I guess I’m just too young and virile for this one...

#4648 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Strong words. Was just thinking the same thing except about the Premium.
I mean really, it’s freakin pinball art - how can you “hate” everything about a pinball cabinet art package?
Oh, I get it now, have you had bad exeriences with caskets?

Gold accents from the earlier leaked photos look classy. This final version just looks busy to me. Lots of stuff doesn't mean better to me.

#4649 5 years ago

Jack's feed is live...

#4650 5 years ago

Gold accents from the earlier leaked photos look classy. This final version just looks busy to me. Lots of stuff doesn't mean better to me.

The metallic gold trim would have been the icing on the cake - I wish it made it. Cost was obviously problem there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/93 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.