(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 164.
#4551 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I don't pay for $1 games- I walk away. Maybe I am spoiled by the 1Up business model where 95% of the machines are set to $.50. Also other routes around my hood are all usually at $.50 a play, unless newer premium model. If you can get $1 a play for Pro's-more power to you.

It's always $1 a play here locally. Doesnt turn me away at all.

#4552 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It's always $1 a play here locally. Doesnt turn me away at all.

yeah, I consider $1 per play as super good to be able to play a 5k+ game

Anyone getting .50 is for sure spoiled and those place are making money off your beer purchases more than anything. 1-up is a treat for that pricing.
Curious, are matches and replays set at defaults (i.e. can you still earn them often) at 1-up?

#4553 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I don't pay for $1 games- I walk away.

yes, you are spoiled.

#4554 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I don't pay for $1 games- I walk away. Maybe I am spoiled by the 1Up business model where 95% of the machines are set to $.50. Also other routes around my hood are all usually at $.50 a play, unless newer premium model. If you can get $1 a play for Pro's-more power to you.

Can't say that I understand someone that owns 34 games but won't pay $1 per play.

Most that I see are $1 per play or 3 plays for $2. A few barcades have them on 0.50 but they are making their dough on alcohol. Others have a $10 to play all day fee. All are dirt cheap considering maintenance and original cost.

#4555 5 years ago

Very Very few locations here in CO are less than $1 per play (most are $2 for 3plays). The new 1up location is $0.50-$0.75 for pros/prem, and $1.00 for LEs (no bonus plays for either).

#4556 5 years ago

I really like the pros cabinet artwork the best.

I am not really a lower play field guy. I have a AC/DC Luci and I could honestly care less about that lower play field.

Although I am very interested in trying the premium or LE on this pin as it looks very interesting .

The pro seems like a perfect buy for me on this one.

I really like the ramps on this pin. I am also really happy they did not take the pop up target off the left ramp for the pro.

The pro is gorgeous !

F385120E-93D5-4235-83C8-DDF8F636C897 (resized).jpegF385120E-93D5-4235-83C8-DDF8F636C897 (resized).jpeg

#4557 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Inagree, and im not a big fan of upper and lower playfields personally. I am a big fan of that black and white though!

Agreed. I like the B&W, lower playfield looks like it would get old...fast. B&W Pro would be my choice.

#4558 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The lower playfield is literally the only mechinal difference between a Pro and Premium. No compromises on spinners, lighting, or other mechs. A very solid Pro.
That being said, the lower playfield and the black and white put the Premium over the top for me personally. Those that hate lower playfields will be very happy with the Pro.

I was signed up for a Premium (with delivery end of February). Still prefer the Premium artwork, but I decided to go-Pro (with much earlier delivery). With the lower PF being the only difference, gives me an opportunity to see if I love the game. If so, can upgrade to a Premium down the road. To be honest, I'm usually not a big fan of lower/upper PF's (with WH20 being a notable exception). When I play my AC/DC, I go out of my way to avoid hell I've also found that Borg Pro's are usually very well done (when compared with other designers).

#4559 5 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Very Very few locations here in CO are less than $1 per play

I am referring to 1up, Arapahoe Bowl and Lyons? If smaller routes at brewery's etc. charge $1 or more that is because they have a % split, have fewer costly machines at $5k+, etc. Yes I am spoiled and live in the past when it comes to pricing-the only time I usually let go of a dollar-is to get a better grip on it. I am a cheap ass

#4560 5 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Ok, quick follow-up. I managed to get two games on the pro today so here are my quick thoughts on that. I'm usually leaning towards premium versions myself (with few exceptions, like GoT) but I have to say this one was very nice. I haven't looked at the actual differences between the models, but it the only meaningful difference is the lower playfield, I'd say pro is a good version to go for. Don't get me wrong, the lower playfield is nice, but it introduces an element of stop and go (while you wait for it to start) and it's a bit of a complication i.e. it's makes control harder and despite the ramps etc it's probably in the long run not that exciting.
With that, it felt like the pro version was a players game without too many compromises or missing features. I still like it a lot, but have a concern that better players might find it too easy. As I said I'm not a good player, but on my first pro play I managed to get to Munsters of rock (you can see that game on the dead flip pro version stream at around 2:56 mark).
If I were to purchase this pin, and I very well may, I'd definitely consider the pro version. Lot's of action and fun to play

So, is Munsters of Rock the end of the game?

Seems like a pretty short/concise set of rules, compared to other Sterns.

Nothing wrong with that if it's kind of like Iron Man but it doesn't seem to be this way.

3a6bb6247b87e4e2ebf14844827ca6696b52fd14 (resized).jpg3a6bb6247b87e4e2ebf14844827ca6696b52fd14 (resized).jpg
#4561 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I really like the pros cabinet artwork the best.

I really do love that big graphic of the Munster Koach on the Pro's right side. I would rearrange my game room to have that graphic on the end of a row facing outwards so I could enjoy it everytime I was in the game room. I was disappointed the Premium didn't have this same graphic.

#4562 5 years ago

Everything modern Stern is $1 PP around here. There is one SW that is .50/pp, and the strange part is the same operator has every other new Stern (including other SW) set to $1/pp.

#4563 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Everything modern Stern is $1 PP around here

Wow looks like 1up is an anomaly. I do have to say how cool it is that they still are at $.50 a play for pinball and $.25 a play for arcade! I gave my son $5 the other day in quarters and it took him an hour and a half to spend it. Reminded me of my youth and how cool it was to go to 7-11 with a couple of bucks and play for hours. Man I miss the gool ol days

#4564 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The one JJPPOTC on route in the state is $2 per play still I think (and sounds like players are paying it and happy to have the experience.

I wouldn't pay 25 cents for that thing. I know others who feel the same way. It's simply not fun.

#4565 5 years ago

Last time I was at 1up, everything was .50 but with no price breaks, replays or matches. Still not bad.

Emporium's here are 1 token (.25) with matches and replays set. Besides the places that are free play like HQ, it's the best deal around. They don't always get every new game though.

#4566 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No, it just means the old tracks aren't available..
The laugh track was added in production - it wasn't part of the live mic. It's just the old masters probably are long gone since it was just a TV show...

that's typically called "post-production" and a lot of times the tracks were dubbed onto the master (which is the *final* tape, not the discrete pieces), and the "stems" (the discrete tracks) were thrown away immediately or re-used. TV shows weren't expected to last more than the year they were aired back then

#4567 5 years ago

I think an OP considering this for route just needs to think of the demographic of their player base. Theme is king, and this one skews older. I don't think kids/teens would be putting quarters in this before a Deadpool or Star Wars. But I think this would do well for a route location like a bar with mostly older players or a place with pinheads who want the newest games. Just don't forget that "Ball Save" is off in the code by default! Not sure how the casual players will respond to that, if the game is priced at $1/play and sitting next to other modern games with a ball save...

#4568 5 years ago

Curious how the call outs for Herman Munster sound? Fred Gwynn has such a cool distinct voice I am sure it would be tricky to get it just right. Wondering if they blend show call outs with custom ones.

#4569 5 years ago

I got in out it Thanks!

#4570 5 years ago
Quoted from bohunr:

I got in out it Thanks!

me too. Great cause.

#4571 5 years ago

Premium art is the best by a long shot.

Not just because it's black and white. But it has the best layout, use of space and readability of characters. Anything with the Dragula is too zoomed out to show the length of it making the characters small. Front on art of it... Oh wait then it's Rob Zombie LE.

Somebody above worries how it'd look in their lineup of Sterns... Totally unique and eye catching is the answer!

Also pro tip for art blind guys: black and white goes with any other color. Meaning your wife will allow this game into potentially more areas of the house.

#4572 5 years ago

Premium today I’m assuming at stern on dead flip with Dwight Sullivan at 430 or 5 central time on dead flips Facebook page

#4574 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Premium is the winner. You heard it here first. I’ll quote myself later...

So does this mean the Premium is the winner??

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-munsters-are-you-in-on-or-are-skipping-it

#4575 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Vector art has clean lines and is essentially a chain of shapes filled with a solid color. Process art is an image made of dots separated out into C,M,Y,K (Basically Blue, Red, Yellow, Black) and those layers of dots make the colors and shapes. If they made vector art, then the lines will be clean and bold and it could look pretty boss. However, if they just drained the color from a CMYK color process art, it will look muddy and indistinct compared to how art specifically made for vector would look.

Soooooo is the B&W vector art or ??

#4576 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No “Hello Nurse” in the reboot. It’s not the 90’s anymore.

Ahh, the early 90’s...

I’m sure Rob (Yakko) Paulsen is still genius (and fast) enough to spin it with “HelllooooOOO Veryqualifieddistinguishedwomanofcolor!” in the same breath as the original catchphrase.

Tress (Dot) has no problems ditching Mel Gibson for Chris Hemsworth, Michael B. Jordan or any other supercuthunk celebrity of today.

Jess (Wakko) will still love Don Knotts all the same.

I’m all in on an Animaniacs reboot/pinball machine.
Since Munsters is official and will sell well, let’s open the door for some other family friendly animated pinball for a change too!

NEW Ducktales is amazing.
Gravity Falls.
Phineas and Ferb.
Heck, even Rocko’s Modern Life still has a yuUUge cult following to this day!

Most of the above shows also have creators/producers that would probably LOVE collaborating on a pinball machine with Stern.

PF/Cab/BG art and most importantly...STORY, would/could have limitless possibilities to choose from.

#4577 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I'm a cheapass too in general but I DO support location pinball without hesitation!

#4578 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I'm a cheapass too in general but I DO support location pinball without hesitation!

I am a big supporter of small business. I guess I am used to typically paying less than $1 a play. All of the locations I visit the OP's typically take really good care of their pins and are enjoyable to play. Sometimes the smaller locations that charge more are guys that do not maintain machines very well-in my experience. Do I want to pay $1 or $2 for a machine not set up, or maintained properly-hell no. I am now picky as hell because I appreciate games that play right. Very few Op's that do it right nowadays. No way I would ever pay $2 to play JJPPOTC, even if I wanted to support small business.

#4579 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Yet all credible sources with a synopsis of this character mysteriously make no mention of this!
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=herman+munster+sitcom+star
So just another desperate groping of that community to coopt someone as one of their own.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=first+gay+sitcom+star

It is a bit of a stretch to say he was gay. His character was supposed to be the opposite of the 'monster' he was portrayed as. He was a down to earth, emotional touchy feely 'nice' guy. Back then it was used for comedy.

#4580 5 years ago

Love the look of this pin! But, I must play before I pay 4 NIB, Gladly pay an operator $1 to make up my mind.

#4581 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Gladly pay an operator $1 to make up my mind

Fortunately I have JJ with Game Exchange that offers free play to everyone that wants to check out new games on his sales floor

(really nice hitting that start button 10 times in a row)

Thanks JJ!

#4582 5 years ago

Anyone know
what time and link to today's Stern Factory video with Dwight and the Premium model..

#4583 5 years ago

I'm chomping at the bit for the extra sausage

#4584 5 years ago

Are there any links to gameplay videos? I missed them all and doubt i can catch it today.....

#4585 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Are there any links to gameplay videos? I missed them all and doubt i can catch it today.....

Just hunt youtube. deadflip's streams are on there.

#4586 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Search Deadflip on YouTube. He uploads them all there after the Twitch stream.

#4587 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Search Deadflip on YouTube. He uploads them all there after the Twitch stream.

Thank you

#4588 5 years ago

A Duck Tales pin would be killer. Would be a great "crossover title" between Gen X current pinheads and the next gen.

Way Forward did a remake of the NES game a few years back with a shit load of new dialog from Alan Ladd Jr before he died. Wonder if that could be used?

#4589 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Soooooo is the B&W vector art or ??

Grayscale.

#4590 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

A Duck Tales pin would be killer. Would be a great "crossover title" between Gen X current pinheads and the next gen.
Way Forward did a remake of the NES game a few years back with a shit load of new dialog from Alan Ladd Jr before he died. Wonder if that could be used?

There's no good excuse other than licensing for not having a Sonic the Hedgehog pinball yet.

#4591 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am happy with them, as long as they offer the 3 plays for $2

#4592 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

There's no good excuse other than licensing for not having a Sonic the Hedgehog pinball yet.

Why Sega Pinball never made one is really mind boggling.

#4593 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Nothing wrong with that if it's kind of like Iron Man but it doesn't seem to be this way. [quoted image]

Is end of game really called Munsters of Rock? Talk about the ultimate Monster Bash rip off, lol. Either way though, Inlove it and cant wait to play it.

#4594 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Well, with the live action movie coming, maybe there will be - but it better be based on the cartoon or game as the movie looks awful. We don't need another Flintstones pin.

#4595 5 years ago

The only reason I'm still in this thread is to watch people with way more money than me delight in buying new fancy toys.

#4596 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Besides the high rate of flops for other video game crossover projects?

#4597 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Besides the high rate of flops for other video game crossover projects?

Sonic Pinball would actually kinda make sense...since he's often rolled into a ball, moving super fast, and traveling on loops & corkscrews. It would translate to pinball well. They could even ship it with blue balls!

#4598 5 years ago

We were able to have a round table discussion with John Borg, Dwight Sullivan, Christopher Franchi, and Jerry Thompson regarding the making of The Munsters Pinball. I wanted to share the link to our podcast for this particular episode that we just uploaded if any of you are curious about some interesting details regarding the pin. It's a round table discussion with some fun stories shared by these guys.

Mods, please delete this post if it's not appropriate that I link to the episode and my apologies in advance!

http://specialwhenlitpinballpodcast.com/episode-33-making-of-the-munsters-pinball
Munsters Panel (resized).jpgMunsters Panel (resized).jpg

#4599 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sonic Pinball would actually kinda make sense...since he's often rolled into a ball, moving super fast, and traveling on loops & corkscrews. It would translate to pinball well. They could even ship it with blue balls!

They already did it back on the Genesis. Sonic Spinball. Agreed though, it would be a good theme for a real pin.

#4600 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Nothing wrong with that if it's kind of like Iron Man but it doesn't seem to be this way. [quoted image]

There has to be more modes then that otherwise it will have a very shallow ruleset. The picture mentions 5 character shots. I wonder if there will be modes for each of those characters?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.