(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 164.
#4501 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Lol, hype and buyers remorse. It’s a good game but I don’t jump on the LE hype train anymore.

...with Star Wars we pay for 2 L.E.’s too, but when we played that PRO... unfortunately not our game and cancelled those two too. With Munsters, don’t know WackyB., I like to buy something just if I’m 100% positive, no more, no less.

#4502 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Getting that LE was much easier. I picked one up two weeks later. Sold it 6 months later and happy to move on.

When we bought 2 Batman66 L.E., one of them it was from a guy from Texas that cancelled his L.E. #9.... don’t tell me now that my Brother’s BM66 it was yours?

#4503 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Pinsiders have been asking for a Munsters for 8 years.

Is that all?
Man, I thought for sure it was going on 10 or 12.
Not as long as Elvira 3 and almost as long as Maiden but, hey! Gary eventually gets it going!

Bring on the Bill and Ted, Big Trouble in Little China, Beetlejuice, BTTF Vault and all the other Pinside demographic/nostalgic titles that can print Stern mucho $$$!

Even the (now 25 years old) Animaniacs are getting a reboot in 2020! Surely they deserve their own “HelllooOOO Nurse!” Pin???

Like it or not,
Pinball IS nostalgia.
Ergo,
Nostalgic pinball themes FTW!!!

I’m also all in on a Munsters Premium because the B&W version just screams “canon” to me and my family.
Kudos to Stern and all involved in making this artistic B&W option/gamble(?) of one of our beloved TV shows a reality!

#4504 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

When we bought 2 Batman66 L.E., one of them it was from a guy from Texas that cancelled his L.E. #9.... don’t tell me now that my Brother’s BM66 it was yours?

LOL, no i was talking about IMDN. I'd never sell my BM66

Although i did switch Distributors for good after the Batman fiasco I had with them. One of the best moves I've made.

#4505 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Lol, hype and buyers remorse. It’s a good game but I don’t jump on the LE hype train anymore.

More like... lol, hype and Pinsiders remorse. I don’t jump on the L.E. Troll train anymore.

#4506 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Bring on the Bill and Ted, Big Trouble in Little China,

Yes. Big Trouble in Little China...

bigtroubleinlittlechina_translite (resized).jpgbigtroubleinlittlechina_translite (resized).jpg
#4507 5 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Did this many people cancel on the Iron Maiden LE seems like a few are not happy.

Don’t know about IM but I cancelled my Munsters LE tonight because my wife and I decided the LE art package just didn’t do it for us. We both agree the Premium is a better fit with the theme/show.

#4508 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Don’t know about IM but I cancelled my Munsters LE tonight because my wife and I decided the LE art package just didn’t do it for us. We both agree the Premium is a better fit with the theme/show.

Your going to regret it.

#4509 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Your going to regret it.

Not if my wife is happy.

#4510 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not if my wife is happy.

So true ! Happy Life.

#4511 5 years ago

Indeed.

#4512 5 years ago

Well I got to say is damn that premium looks killer; BORGY killed it; looks like another classic from BORGY

#4513 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. Big Trouble in Little China...[quoted image]

The L.E. with Lo-Pan(Lo who?), Premium the Three Storms and PRO with Egg Shen... I’m In again!

(I just hope that Stern doesn’t put Lo-Pan in the L.E. when he’s 2,000 years young in the chair.)...I will be out!

0F9B5562-960D-4116-8C4B-059EC2295BAA (resized).jpeg0F9B5562-960D-4116-8C4B-059EC2295BAA (resized).jpeg651291BB-D9C1-4E21-A443-D860B09AAD85 (resized).jpeg651291BB-D9C1-4E21-A443-D860B09AAD85 (resized).jpeg931D168D-FBA8-41B3-B2F3-2CC00BB0E0B1 (resized).jpeg931D168D-FBA8-41B3-B2F3-2CC00BB0E0B1 (resized).jpeg
#4514 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Even the (now 25 years old) Animaniacs are getting a reboot in 2020! Surely they deserve their own “HelllooOOO Nurse!” Pin???

No “Hello Nurse” in the reboot. It’s not the 90’s anymore.

#4515 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Nothing wrong with the art on them, all games have been better for art with Stern since back to hand drawn.

#4516 5 years ago

The LE has Kenwood speakers! Nice!!!

A817AFE9-E92E-4103-A7F7-BAF36DF3A62F (resized).jpegA817AFE9-E92E-4103-A7F7-BAF36DF3A62F (resized).jpeg
#4517 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

When the network saw that there was no backlash about a gay Frankenstein, that opened the door to the most over-the-top gay of any TV character of the 60s:
Dr Smith from Lost In Space
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

No way!
Dr. Smith is as straight as Uncle Arthur from Bewitched.

IMG_0018 (resized).JPGIMG_0018 (resized).JPG

#4520 5 years ago

Thanks for this tip man!

#4521 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I was looking at Grandpa's Laboratory and the words "Lite Machine" used twice on the lower playfield are really bothering me. Is this normal?

What it means is that Grandpa intends to get LIT! Why in the hell else do you think he spends so much time down in the dungeon?

#4522 5 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

I think Stern should try a pin that you can customize your own build. Playfield choices, transliterates choices, side art, shaker, speaker options Etc.

Yes, absolutely, they should! Especially in today's point-and-click internet age of online ordering. People have essentially done the same when ordering cars going back many, many decades. You've always been able to buy an off-the-lot car if you're in a hurry and see what you want or close to it, but you've always been able to place a custom factory order for exactly what you want, too. Interestingly, you were able to order a hell of a lot more things in the past. These days they try to limit you to a few packages. With a pinball machine, there wouldn't be very many things to choose from, so it should be fairly easy to implement.

All that said, even if I could choose each item individually, I'd probably still just go B&W Premium w/side art blades on this one. I can't really think of any one item I'd want to change on it.

#4523 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

The LE has Kenwood speakers! Nice!!!
[quoted image]

There is no souch thing as "Part # 000 of 500"
So there is 501 LE:s?

Game looks great, best Stern in a long time imho. Best reveal ever by any pinball company! However the theme speaks nothing to me since the show never aired in my country. May wait for the next cornerstone title. Crossing my fingers for Jaws or Bond

#4524 5 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Ok, I played about 6 games today on the premium so here are my first impressions. I did not play the LE or the Pro, so this is just based on the few games on the Premium. I do want to start by saying that I've never watched the Munsters so I have no emotional ties to the theme, but in general monster themes seem to fit the pinball genre pretty well. Also, I'm an average player at best (and even that's probably giving myself a bit too much credit) but have played most solid state pins to have an opinion on what I like. With that, here goes
I really liked the B&W Premium, next to the LE for some reason it seemed to work better with the theme. I know it's not for everyone, but definitely not bad and even the colored inserts didn't seem to be in conflict with the black and white theme. They layout of the playfield was great, the ramp shots were smooth and not too hard, and there was a lot (and I mean A LOT) to shoot.
The toys were well designed, although I have to wonder how easy it'll be to maintain the lower pf as it was packed with ramps and switches and stuff. Accessing the lower pf was not infrequent or hard, I think in one game I must have made it there like 5 times. The timer dictates how long you can stay there, and making ramp shots added time to the timer.
The game does a good job in guiding what to shoot and what to do next. There are several modes to go after, although I didn't quite get the hang of the rules based on just a few games. It felt to me that the ball times were long (again, in reference to my mediocre skills at best) and I even made it to the Munsters of Rock in one game. Granted, it was just code version 0.90, but if I can make it to the wizard mode then not sure what that means to the more skilled players.
I liked the multiballs, and there was one even on the lower playfield. I even got to a point where I had a multiball going on both playfield at the same time. Total mayhem, and impossible to control so I just kept on double flipping all 4 buttons at the same time. I think it'll take a little bit of practice to be able to control both pf's at the same time
I didn't really pay attention too much to the animations or call outs, but the animations that I saw seemed fitting to the theme and well made. The noise at CES prevented from really hearing the music or call outs so can't comment on that.
In a nutshell, I really liked it. Fun layout and plenty to shoot but I had to wonder what the long ball times mean for lastability or fun for better players

Ok, quick follow-up. I managed to get two games on the pro today so here are my quick thoughts on that. I'm usually leaning towards premium versions myself (with few exceptions, like GoT) but I have to say this one was very nice. I haven't looked at the actual differences between the models, but it the only meaningful difference is the lower playfield, I'd say pro is a good version to go for. Don't get me wrong, the lower playfield is nice, but it introduces an element of stop and go (while you wait for it to start) and it's a bit of a complication i.e. it's makes control harder and despite the ramps etc it's probably in the long run not that exciting.

With that, it felt like the pro version was a players game without too many compromises or missing features. I still like it a lot, but have a concern that better players might find it too easy. As I said I'm not a good player, but on my first pro play I managed to get to Munsters of rock (you can see that game on the dead flip pro version stream at around 2:56 mark).

If I were to purchase this pin, and I very well may, I'd definitely consider the pro version. Lot's of action and fun to play

#4525 5 years ago

I've had these Tweeterhead Munsters statues for a number of years now. Amazing dead-on sculpts by Trevor Grove, paint design by David Fisher, and Grandpa's Playghoul cover design by Olivia De Berardinis.

Tweeterhead Munsters.jpgTweeterhead Munsters.jpg

Does anyone have any idea how Stern's art ended up with the exact same poses in the exact same sequence? And note that Spot and the TV with Zombo and the cat are also in the same positions. Weird, huh?

Munsters-Pro-Translite.jpgMunsters-Pro-Translite.jpg

Having watched the show countless times, the one pose that really stands out to me is Marilyn's. I don't recall seeing her standing around holding Spot's collar with her back arched in this same way and while wearing this same colored dress on what was a B&W TV show. We've got a matching Playgoul cover here, too.

Who was first with this? Was Chris Franchi involved with the Tweeterhead project with Trevor Grove? Did Grove copy some earlier art from Franchi? Is there some sort of full-color publicity still or character study that NBC Universal Television was forcing both artists to work off of independently? And what about the Playgoul cover? I have no clue here.

Anyway, whatever the story is, if you're looking for topper ideas, you might want to head on over to eBay and grab a set of these statues. I own the B&W set, myself. It's stunning in person!

#4526 5 years ago

Yeh i also collect the Tweeterhead statues and have the Munsters ones. Pretty sure Franchi did Batgirl for them to start with and then was involved in the others, but i could be wrong. They look awesome.

Refer to Pinball Magazine: Christopher Franchi Batman interview
Published on Mar 15, 2017

#4527 5 years ago

I think stern blew it with the premium, I mean they were on the right path with the whole black and white thing but its just to black and white. Its going to get dull in a collection full of color, they should have left the playfield in color or maybe scattered more color into it. I think the premium look will get old fast but I get what they were trying to do.

#4528 5 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

I think stern blew it with the premium, I mean they were on the right path with the whole black and white thing but its just to black and white. Its going to get dull in a collection full of color, they should have left the playfield in color or maybe scattered more color into it. I think the premium look will get old fast but I get what they were trying to do.

Falst...Stern definitely didn't blow it.

I think the Premium PF/Cabinet/translite are perfect (and they will probably be more stunning in person). I love that Stern took a gamble on this. Creating more differentiation between the Premium & LE makes sense.

My Centaur is still stunning after all these years, so I'm not worried at all about the Premium getting "old fast". B/W fits great with the theme and will standout in any collection.

#4529 5 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

playfield in color

My quick and dirty .02

No chance, this is smart in Black+White -- now the colors (to the brain) on the playfield STRICTLY have meaning in terms of UX. (they are inserts only now) -- not just colors spilled all over a playfield almost randomly -- (like *most* PF's since Metallica) -- to where colors lose their meaning (in terms of actions, or zones, or areas of the PF)...

This is a lovely breath of fresh air. Thank goodness that dude did the TZ B/W to prove how good it can look.
-mof

#4530 5 years ago

hey like I said I think many will like it right off the bat, I do but I just think it will get old fast, stale, dull whatever. I think its a cool change but in the end after awhile I think the coolness will wear off. To much black and white in my opinion.

#4531 5 years ago

looks like a woof woof shooter ...wonder what other accessories are announced.

Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 11.02.09 pm (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-01-10 at 11.02.09 pm (resized).png
#4532 5 years ago

Been watching the pro stream and i tell ya, the pro version of this game is damn damn good! It doesn’t have the lower playfield obviously but im not so sure that i care about the lower playfield that much. Im going to have to do some serious thinking on all of this. This Pro is LOADED and it’s beautiful looking also!

#4533 5 years ago
Quoted from mpnox:

There is no souch thing as "Part # 000 of 500"
So there is 501 LE:s?

This is a proto type and will be destroyed so there will only be 500. It was discussed on the live stream.

#4534 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Been watching the pro stream and i tell ya, the pro version of this game is damn damn good! It doesn’t have the lower playfield obviously but im not so sure that i care about the lower playfield that much. Im going to have to do some serious thinking on all of this. This Pro is LOADED and it’s beautiful looking also!

Between Tuesday’s live stream and last night’s Pro reveal, I went from securing an LE with my distro to a Premium, now to waiting on playing a Pro before making a final decision. Embarrassing !

#4535 5 years ago

For me, definitely going to wait to play it first. I am wondering how it is going to feel and play with 2 sets of flipper buttons. The lower buttons seem too low *visually*. Maybe it feels different in person.

With a game like Family Guy that had the same mini pinball concept, it was possible to stage flippers on the 2 playfields, using one set of buttons so your “flipping fingers” didn’t change, AND your finger position didn’t change.

With an entirely separate set of buttons, if both playfield are active at once, for me, I don’t know how that is going to work without seeming like a double flipping chimp. Again, this will be answered for me when I play it.

Visually the games all look great IMO.

#4536 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Between Tuesday’s live stream and last night’s Pro reveal, I went from securing an LE with my distro to a Premium, now to waiting on playing a Pro before making a final decision. Embarrassing !

Nah not really because the money you save can go toward another game! This is a very strong pro.

#4537 5 years ago

It’s a hard choice... they are all cool in their own special way.... kinda like my kids!!

#4538 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I went from securing an LE with my distro to a Premium, now to waiting on playing a Pro before making a final decision. Embarrassing !

Not Embarrassing, actually very smart. Go with your gut, and if you get to play the game and wait for real feedback(including qc issues/lack of code) that is a win win. It puts a smile on my face when I see people turn to more rational thinking instead of jumping on the hype train.

#4539 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The lower playfield is literally the only mechinal difference between a Pro and Premium. No compromises on spinners, lighting, or other mechs. A very solid Pro.

That being said, the lower playfield and the black and white put the Premium over the top for me personally. Those that hate lower playfields will be very happy with the Pro.

#4540 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

WTF is going on here!
Canceled with who, I need two more.....

I thought you only bought Lyman games Ice?

#4541 5 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

They should use 100% RGB LEDs so that can add splashes of color dynamically

#4542 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The lower playfield is literally the only mechinal difference between a Pro and Premium. No compromises on spinners, lighting, or other mechs. A very solid Pro.
That being said, the lower playfield and the black and white put the Premium over the top for me personally. Those that hate lower playfields will be very happy with the Pro.

I agree, and im not a big fan of upper and lower playfields personally. I am a big fan of that black and white though!

#4543 5 years ago

does anyone know when the Pros are shipping?

I would like to play one and see if it is a worthwhile buy for route. I think the Pro will be, but also debating if the premium could be worth the extra.
Playing is always the best way to make the decision.

I will be honest that we have tried premium games before and have found they are just more expensive, have more to break (that does often break), and often take a bigger hit on resale and dont translate to more play on route (GOT prem is a good example).
However, I am very intrigued by the lower playfield personally and think the theme is stellar (honestly worries me when I like a theme as that is often a good indicator it wont be good on route, lol)

#4544 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

I've had these Tweeterhead Munsters statues for a number of years now. Amazing dead-on sculpts by Trevor Grove, paint design by David Fisher, and Grandpa's Playghoul cover design by Olivia De Berardinis.
[quoted image]
Does anyone have any idea how Stern's art ended up with the exact same poses in the exact same sequence? And note that Spot and the TV with Zombo and the cat are also in the same positions. Weird, huh?
[quoted image]
Having watched the show countless times, the one pose that really stands out to me is Marilyn's. I don't recall seeing her standing around holding Spot's collar with her back arched in this same way and while wearing this same colored dress on what was a B&W TV show. We've got a matching Playgoul cover here, too.
Who was first with this? Was Chris Franchi involved with the Tweeterhead project with Trevor Grove? Did Grove copy some earlier art from Franchi? Is there some sort of full-color publicity still or character study that NBC Universal Television was forcing both artists to work off of independently? And what about the Playgoul cover? I have no clue here.
Anyway, whatever the story is, if you're looking for topper ideas, you might want to head on over to eBay and grab a set of these statues. I own the B&W set, myself. It's stunning in person!

The same copycat art was present in Batman too... I’d say it’s just franchise style to redraw exisiting stuff

#4545 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The same copycat art was present in Batman too... I’d say it’s just franchise style to redraw exisiting stuff

like pinball... artists also use each other for inspiration quite often.

In the case of this artistic style, that seem more common. I dont see a problem with it. When imagery is good and the license holder has previously approved it, then best to just go with it.

#4546 5 years ago

Does the premium have any RGB LED’s?

#4547 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would like to play one and see if it is a worthwhile buy for route. I think the Pro will be, but also debating if the premium could be worth the extra.
Playing is always the best way to make the decision.

I am not an OP so hard to tell, but here is what I would think:

Premium/LE: On route would be good for 'pinheads' who know what a lower pf is and how to play it. Not sure if you noticed Twitch stream with noobie playing(actually well) and when he got to lower-the ball just continued to drain as he looked like a deer in the headlights and did not know what to do with extra flipper buttons. Other thing is premium pricing. How long would you need to keep at $1 a play to start to get ROI? It would attract 'pinheads' but would deter others because of high pricing per game.

Pro: On route should do well all around. Newer title should still bring in 'pinheads' but also attract to others for $.50-$.75 a play? Not sure I would pay $1 a play for Pro on location. Also less to go wrong with maintenance-Can't imagine what a pain in the ass it would be to access lower pf?

Hard decision for an OP

#4548 5 years ago

I was curious about the too and the matrix says Main inserts and zap button are RGB on all models.

Quoted from Concretehardt:

Does the premium have any RGB LED’s?

#4549 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

$.50-$.75 a play

just wanted to say... that ain't happening...
Do you play on route out there and is that common pricing on new Pros?

new games have been $1 per play for years now. I am not sure if things are different out in CO, but in the midwest new games are always $1 per play or 3 plays for $2. The one JJPPOTC on route in the state is $2 per play still I think (and sounds like players are paying it and happy to have the experience.

#4550 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

new games have been $1 per play for years now

I don't pay for $1 games- I walk away. Maybe I am spoiled by the 1Up business model where 95% of the machines are set to $.50. Also other routes around my hood are all usually at $.50 a play, unless newer premium model. If you can get $1 a play for Pro's-more power to you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 39.00
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/91 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.