(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 164.
#4451 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Take a close look at Sterns official video showing highlights of each game. Notice the art blades on each model especially the Pro. That would have to be a Pro add on as I don’t see art blades included. So you could really mix and match blades on any model if you so desired. You could put colored blades on the Premium to brighten it up and dress up the Pro with LE blades.

LE blades not available as add-on unless you pull them off an LE game or have a connection at Stern.

#4453 5 years ago

i didnt realize the use of 'lite' was so popular in pinball, so i went back in time to see if i may have been missing anything over the years.

lite01 (resized).jpglite01 (resized).jpg
#4454 5 years ago

lite (resized).jpglite (resized).jpg
#4455 5 years ago

Have you ever seen what Comcast tries to pass as local HD channels compared to what comes free from a regular antenna?

Comcast is HDlite

#4456 5 years ago

styx - lights - 1980

#4457 5 years ago

I picked the wrong fakkin year to get married. I had an LE lined up, and just wussed out at the last minute. This pin looks like a classic fo sho.....

#4458 5 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I picked the wrong fakkin year to get married. I had an LE lined up, and just wussed out at the last minute. This pin looks like a classic fo sho.....

LE Munsters lined up?

Looks good but long lasting in a home collection? That laugh track would drive me bat shit crazy. I couldn’t even watch 15 minutes of the stream.

#4459 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Looks good but long lasting in a home collection? That laugh track would drive me bat shit crazy. I couldn’t even watch 15 minutes of the stream.

LAUGH TRACK FOREVER!!!!!

I watched 5 Munsters episodes last nite...non-stop laugh track...it's part of the experience & the pin captures it perfectly.

#4460 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

LE Munsters lined up?

Naw man, I think this pin is gonna be a classic. Code will only improve over time. Im not sold on the b/w with the premium. LE looks just killer with the art work. Laugh track doesnt bother me.

#4461 5 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Naw man, I think this pin is gonna be a classic. Code will only improve over time. Im not sold on the b/w with the premium. LE looks just killer with the art work. Laugh track doesnt bother me.

Hopefully laugh track will have an on/off. LE does look killer. No question.

#4462 5 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

When Herman mode kicks in on the premium, all green gi and the b/w pf art, looks sick

#4463 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

The laugh track is a part of the original recording.

#4464 5 years ago

Laugh track stays

Someone smarter than me posted the sounds are from the show, recorded in a mono layer, or some shit like that.

The only other option to remove the laugh track would have been voice overs, probably by the Stern hillbilly.

Consider it part of the "charm" & die hard Munster true

#4465 5 years ago

I have a (honest, non trolling) question:

What is the "story" of the game, aka is there a(ny) story to speak of?

Everything on the game seems awesome, but reading from the playfield it just looks like 'collect all characters' followed by the Wizard Mode.

That combined with the Herman Bashtoy (Why exactly am I shooting him? Is he the enemy?!) is a bit lacking for me.

Again, not pooping on the machine, but for me I like a TINY bit of story that holds everything together and the toys making sense within that (and I want the game to have this).
Like TotAN "Save the Princess" (and therefore shoot the evil Dschin), or GoT "Choose one house and battle against the rest for Iron Throne Domination" (and shoot the Dragon).

NOT like GotG where you shoot Rocket Raccon and Groot. WHY?!

#4466 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It's similar to other comedy TV show games....no real story, just enjoy the iconic characters & their scenarios through pinball gameplay.

#4467 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Everything on the game seems awesome, but reading from the playfield it just looks like 'collect all characters' followed by the Wizard Mode.
That combined with the Herman Bashtoy (Why exactly am I shooting him? Is he the enemy?!) is a bit lacking for me.
Again, not pooping on the machine, but for me I like a TINY bit of story that holds everything together and the toys making sense within that (and I want the game to have this).
Like TotAN "Save the Princess" (and therefore shoot the evil Dschin), or GoT "Choose one house and battle against the rest for Iron Throne Domination" (and shoot the Dragon).

Think of it this way. It’s kind of like what’s the “story” of BM66

There you go

#4468 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not hardly. In Batman you are essentially playing episodes of the series, each of which is a story on its own. Each villain mode has a beginning, middle and end. I certainly didn’t see anything like that in the stream yesterday for Munsters.

#4469 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's similar to other comedy TV show games....no real story, just enjoy the iconic characters & their scenarios through pinball gameplay.

Guess so.

I will play it and I know I will like it.
But it wouldn't hurt to throw some dumbass stoy in.

Quoted from iceman44:

There you go

Well, I don't know the game but it's kinda self explanatory.
I catch the bad guys because I, the Player, am Batman.
I can live with that/ that's enough for me. More is a Bonus.

#4470 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Unlike movies, sitcoms generally don't have a story arc...but they have memorable music, characters, one liners, and situations. That's what they have to work with...they have 70 episodes of a 55 year old show to work with, it's not like they can script something new. I noticed the Hurry Up was "Herman is late to work"...so, it'll be like that. Each little area will have snippets of "story" based on the characters.

#4471 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Guess so.

Well, I don't know the game but it's kinda self explanatory.
I catch the bad guys because I, the Player, am Batman.
I can live with that/ that's enough for me. More is a Bonus.

Don’t over think it

The theme kicks ass

#4472 5 years ago

My Brother spent some time playing today....Hes a seasoned player, but only for fun...
I received non stop text messages of Joy from him.

While he plays at my house, this was the first time I heard him say, "I want one"
He felt the Premium art, and lights made it something special to look at, and he would make space.
(Along with theme and game play)

Doesnt mean much, but Im impressed, when hes Impressed....Lawyers are tough Pinball Fans!

#4473 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

My Brother spent some time playing today....Hes a seasoned player, but only for fun...
I received non stop text messages of Joy from him.
While he plays at my house, this was the first time I heard him say, "I want one"
He felt the Premium art, and lights made it something special to look at, and he would make space.
(Along with theme and game play)
Doesnt mean much, but Im impressed, when hes Impressed....Lawyers are tough Pinball Fans!

Great to hear the feedback Art.

Premium is awesome looking.

So is the LE and Pro

Franchi killed it again

#4474 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Many times the bash toy is not the "Enemy". This is nothing new in pinball.

Groot, Demon, Wolverine, 'Lil Deadpool, Mick on a stick. And not least of all, the Ark of the Covenant!

#4475 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Many times the bash toy is not the "Enemy". This is nothing new in pinball.
Groot, Demon, Wolverine, 'Lil Deadpool, Mick on a stick. And not least of all, the Ark of the Covenant!

All those games aren’t great sellers

#4476 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

All those games aren’t great sellers

We don't have sales figures, but meaningless anyway to my argument.

#4477 5 years ago

This bash toy is not an over sized Wolvie way too close

Looks perfect.

Better than Well Walker

No problem

#4478 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I noticed the Hurry Up was "Herman is late to work"...so, it'll be like that. Each little area will have snippets of "story" based on the characters.

That kinda ok... Just little snippets to give everything a meaning.

A story could be to just gather everything for Grandpas machine reveal on an exhibition.
So collect all characters, shoot the dragula to sit them there and then the machine (lower playfield) goes apeshit in Wizard Mode with Muliballs on lower and upper playfield simultaneously.

Ok, that actually seems a bit hard to do since you only have snippets of the show.

#4479 5 years ago

It’s obvious to me that Stern has figured out...

1). Great themes sell

2). Combined with GREAT artwork

3). Combined with GREAT finished code (subject to Dwight getting GB done)

No Gary, it’s not just selling a “box of blinking lights” like you said with Star Wars

BM66 is becoming one of Sterns greatest ever

Is the layout great? Nothing special. But see above 3 points.

Lyman is worth his weight in gold

Thus, carry on with doing it the right way

#4480 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I believe I heard Zach say yesterday during the live stream that the laugh tracks are imbedded into the video and can’t be taken out

#4481 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lyman is worth his weight in gold

So who's Platinum and Diamond?

#4482 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I believe I heard Zach say yesterday during the live stream that the laugh tracks are imbedded into the video and can’t be taken out

That’s because the show was recorded in mono and there aren’t multiple tracks to separate.

#4484 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

So who's Platinum and Diamond?

It better be Dwight, right?

And kudos to the entire Stern coding team

Including the animation group

Beatles is phenomenal, so is BM66 and now Munsters

#4485 5 years ago

After all of the discussion between what everyone’s preference is, I think Stern should try a pin that you can customize your own build. Playfield choices, transliterates choices, side art, shaker, speaker options Etc. The customer would get what they want and stern could charge a premium. Game play and code would have to be the same, so no special features between playfields. Not sure if and how this could work but the concept would be interesting if they could do this for one pin theme.

#4486 5 years ago

This is 'answering' what exactly?

I know the show. That doesn't have anything to do with anything I askes (and was allready answered).

Out of curiousity:
Who did ever mention Munsters before it was rumored? Never seen it.

#4487 5 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

After all of the discussion between what everyone’s preference is, I think Stern should try a pin that you can customize your own build. Playfield choices, transliterates choices, side art, shaker, speaker options Etc. The customer would get what they want and stern could charge a premium. Game play and code would have to be the same, so no special features between playfields. Not sure if and how this could work but the concept would be interesting if they could do this for one pin theme.

Sounds like a production nightmare. A LA CART pinball.

#4488 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Overseas sales near impossible since they have to sell in batches to fill the container.

#4489 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Definitely more difficult than a normal run but easier than you think. You only maybe have 10 items that get changed. The customized pin gets followed with a special router and the line uses what ever the router requires.

#4490 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Overseas sales near impossible since they have to sell in batches to fill the container.

Yes this could only be for domestic. The oversee sales would get the pro, premium and LE. Maybe the options would only be between the LE and Premium.

#4491 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Better than Well Walker

Thats fixable

Zombie (resized).jpgZombie (resized).jpg
#4492 5 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Bespoke pinball

That's sorta what JJP does

#4493 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That’s because the show was recorded in mono and there aren’t multiple tracks to separate.

No, it just means the old tracks aren't available..

The laugh track was added in production - it wasn't part of the live mic. It's just the old masters probably are long gone since it was just a TV show...

#4494 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

LE Sold out

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

L.E. #33 available, I canceled mine. My Brother cancelled his L.E. too...don’t know what number he wanted to have.

#4495 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

L.E. #33 available, I canceled mine. My Brother cancelled his L.E. too...don’t know what number he wanted to have.

WTF is going on here!

Canceled with who, I need two more.....

#4496 5 years ago

Did this many people cancel on the Iron Maiden LE seems like a few are not happy.

#4497 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

WTF is going on here!
Canceled with who, I need two more.....

Player1 in Mississauga,ON, Iceman

#4498 5 years ago

Lol, hype and buyers remorse. It’s a good game but I don’t jump on the LE hype train anymore.

#4499 5 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Did this many people cancel on the Iron Maiden LE seems like a few are not happy.

Getting that LE was much easier. I picked one up two weeks later. Sold it 6 months later and happy to move on.

#4500 5 years ago

In Australia many missed out on the Maiden and it seems many are missing out on The Munsters stern needs to allocate more to Australia. Maiden LE's are reselling for a grand more than what people paid for them here. I have seen 3 in a month resell that well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/90 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.