(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 164.
#351 5 years ago

I still want to see "live Action Internal Side Art" Inside cabinet routed out whatever depth . The animated art installed, and could be stills that are of the playfield, cabinet or single art type picture. I know it can be done, hey we have illuminated flipper bats.

#352 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get these pics at? Do you think they are real and if so where is the pro model???

#353 5 years ago

I dont think you will find of where the pics came from.

#354 5 years ago

Neat. Black and white theme looks so good, as does the coffin integration. Bummer it’s limited to the LE.

Would be pretty nuts if Stern ended up going with full brass (including the coin door) for the LE, can’t imagine that would be anywhere near affordable.

#355 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

[quoted image][quoted image]

The purple edition side armor covers the lockdown bar, lockdown bar is suppose to cover sidearmor.

#356 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

The purple edition side armor covers the lockdown bar, lockdown bar is suppose to cover sidearmor.

Yeah i wonder what's up with that? Are we being pranked here you think?

#357 5 years ago

If we aren’t being pranked, I hope the red band on the LE disappears. I love the rest of it.

#358 5 years ago

MunstersLE cabinet art package looks good. At first it gives off a sophisticated vibe, an odd direction to take with the Munsters, but one that turned out well, and the red velvet liner really ties the coffin interior together, man. Flat gold-powdered hardware accent the black and white and gold cabinet art perfectly. The black and white and gold backglass also pops on it's own, but together this marks a special LE package by Stern. Their business direction is turning, and Stern is offering LE buyers more art, better art and custom looking cabinets. They'd better have 1.0v software too, by time of release.

Munsters Premium - Franchi took a lot of liberties with proportions and physics, to where I can't easily look past certain things on the right side art. Herman's body is too small. Lily's head and body are too big and she is floating in air. Marilyn's head and bust are too big and she is holding a picnic basket over the edge of vehicle, who does that? Grandpa and Eddie might as well be cardboard cutouts.

The real question is why everyone appears so relaxed and are waving, while Herman has the dragster wheels spinning, fire shooting from the pipes and they are burning rubber? They should be holding on for dear life and if artist would consider looking at it again with the idea of showing actors looking forward and in profile (a version of the family dragster nobody has yet make). I understand you've got to do certain things to bend characters into a scene but none of it makes sense.. ??? ... that said, it is way better than anything I could do and having it in color compensates for those flaws. Front, sides and both head decals are four color pretty.

The best parts from the premium art package - side art is different on both sides and both head decals (something Stern has needed to do for awhile), purple candy powdercoating (on a premium model yeah), iconic scenes you want to see, line art style that is striking and complementing blue, green and purple colors really swim. Overall I like the Premium a bit more, but would love to see the LE in person before deciding. Unfortunately the playfield glass was grayed out on both models, so no hints below that were revealed, nor was any gameplay video avilable.

One secret - LCD for both models appears to be greyscale, like a b/w tv. That makes LE cabinet, backbox, backglass & LCD -> black and white with gold and gray accents. One day soon we'll see all this and more, until then everything you hear is rumors, speculation and unconfirmed lowres sightings.

The funniest thing is that we are discussing Munsters on cabinet artwork alone. That might be the least important aspect to playing pinball. Although it is a deal breaker at my house., just like the lack of a ramp that rises to lock a ball in the basement or exclusion of family pet Spot would be also.

(Stern should announce and reveal the Munsters at Expo and begin shipping in Dec. Make some Deadpool, make some Munsters, make some Maiden - rinse and repeat) imo. At this point Stern can launch multiple titles on top of themselves if they chose. They have the capacity and expertise to get it done. Nobody else can touch that. Nobody!
IMG_0524.GIFIMG_0524.GIF

#359 5 years ago

PRO

s-l1600-7 (resized).jpgs-l1600-7 (resized).jpg
#360 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Both cabinet art packages look good and a little like they could have been done by different artists.
Premium - they took a lot of liberties with proportion and physics, to where I can't easily look past the right side. Herman's body is too small, Marilyn's head and bust are too big and she is holding a picnic basket over edge of vehicle (why not put it on the floor)? Lily's head and body are too big and must be standing on the running boards if not floating in air.
Saving grace is art is different on sides (been a long time coming Stern), it contains all the iconic scenes we want to see, the style of line art is striking and complementing colors are a great choice.[quoted image]

Are these pics of the real game?

Better save quickly if so....

Where did the LE pics go?

#361 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

MunstersLE cabinet art package looks good

I really dig it!

#362 5 years ago

Can someone please PM me these pics. They are gone already!

#363 5 years ago

Guys and Girls.

Please understand that posting images can put certain jobs at risk. Questions get asked, fingers get pointed, and it is not fun for anyone.

So if you actually LIKE the people that work on these projects and want them to retain their job then its a good idea to keep certain stuff not posted public.

If you don't like these people and want Mr Photoshop copy and paste stock art to rear his ugly head then go ahead and post away.

#364 5 years ago

They sure disappeared quick. Legit or not.

#366 5 years ago

I think they were genuine - they disappeared VERY quickly.

#367 5 years ago

if someone could send me the pics as well please

#368 5 years ago

please pm me the pictures
Magicchiz

#369 5 years ago

Ditto for me please

#370 5 years ago

With Dead Pool just out a three weeks or so. Would Stern already have the photo shoot finished for the next game??? Seems early....

#371 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

With Dead Pool just out a three weeks or so. Would Stern already have the photo shoot finished for the next game??? Seems early....

Yes, as they were clearly not of actual games but how they are going to look.

#372 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Munsters has been photo finished for a while, but it's a theme without a time issue. The problem was getting Deadpool out while the iron is still hot. The whole J.T. issue and the need for a redesign of DP caused the timeline issue.

Played Deadpool last night, it's an awesome shooter's game.

Pinball Expo should be very exciting

#373 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Guys and Girls.
Please understand that posting images can put certain jobs at risk. Questions get asked, fingers get pointed, and it is not fun for anyone.
So if you actually LIKE the people that work on these projects and want them to retain their job then its a good idea to keep certain stuff not posted public.
If you don't like these people and want Mr Photoshop copy and paste stock art to rear his ugly head then go ahead and post away.

Why would these images put anyones jobs at risk? If they aren't the ones that leaked them its not their fault. If they are the ones that leaked them then they put their own jobs at risk so that would be their fault.

#375 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I would like the images too....pm me ; )

I didn't save them or i would send them to you, hopefully someone else will. They look nice if theyare in fact real pictures.

#376 5 years ago

If anyone could send me via PM the pictures, I would be thankful.

#377 5 years ago

Please PM pics. Thank you!

#378 5 years ago

Me too, PM some pics!

#379 5 years ago

I was thinking how cool too, would be the pin in BW.
last night in a dream, Im playing this game, and one main goal is to
"Colorize" the game.
Beat the Herman Mode, and his BW figure turns to color, along with a Playfield area..
Same for all the characters....Colorize your game, in addition to modes....

It sure looked and played well in my dream!

#380 5 years ago

If be delighted to have these images pm"d to me also. Thanks.

#381 5 years ago

Premium looks really sweet.

I didn't see the LE.

There is no way on earth these pics were accidentally leaked by Stern so they are unlikely to be reposted on pinside anytime soon.

#382 5 years ago

Please PM pictures. Thank you

#383 5 years ago

I'd love to see those Pics to please, if anyone has them. Thanks!

#384 5 years ago

Ditto here too . . . but I suspect we won’t see those photos again.

#385 5 years ago

Please PM me the pics.

#386 5 years ago

Pm me as well please, thanks!

#387 5 years ago

Also, rename thread to "PM pics"

#388 5 years ago

please pm me as well!

#389 5 years ago

The LE was interesting

Maybe some black and white action. Def back glass interaction

Premium said “eyes flashing”

#390 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I was thinking how cool too, would be the pin in BW.
last night in a dream, Im playing this game, and one main goal is to
"Colorize" the game.
Beat the Herman Mode, and his BW figure turns to color, along with a Playfield area..
Same for all the characters....Colorize your game, in addition to modes....
It sure looked and played well in my dream!

Based on what i saw i think your dream is coming true with the LE.

It starts out Black and White, the LCD was white, coin door was gold plated.

#391 5 years ago

As with Batman66 if you look at the Moebius models art that he did, it is similar to what's on the pinball cab. Haters will whine about that but I think it looks great.

I wonder what the "light up eyes" means on the premium package? Similar to Star Trek LE that had the star fleet insignias that lit up on the back box?

moe934-1 (resized).jpgmoe934-1 (resized).jpgmoebherman1801a (resized).jpgmoebherman1801a (resized).jpg
#392 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I'm sorry, but this looks like crap. It just doesn't quite look right. Anybody growing up with the Munsters knows this is garbage art.

Edit: it looks like art trying not to violate copywrite protections. That is not Herman and Grandpa Munster. That is their knockoff cousins.

#393 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Based on what i saw i think your dream is coming true with the LE.
It starts out Black and White, the LCD was white, coin door was gold plated.

Premium cab art was full color. Wonder if they would put a black and white playfield in LE but a full color one in premium? Usually LE and premium playfields are the same.

I think full color playfield would look better but if LCD clips are black and white i can see the rationale to match a matching black and white playfield.

They were 2 Munsters movies and the pilot that were in shot in color so they could have some color clips from those in additon to the regular TV show be clips.

#394 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

More than any game out there or in the works....I am excited about this title and hope that the game itself
is stellar!
I have no problem hearing the theme song over and over, and if they have Fred Gwynne Quotes, along with
the Others.....Im thrilled!
I learned yesterday, that even though I have memories of Car 54 where are you, and knew that it was Fred Gwynne,
I didnt know that his partner was Al Lewis! Face to Palm smack!
[quoted image]
Thats Grandpa!

Grandpa was in car 54 but not his partner as I remember. That wasn't grandpas double standing next to him. That was Fred Gwynes partner. He used to always say, "ooh, ooh" when he figured something out.

#395 5 years ago

Can someone pm the pics of the Munsters pinball machine.

#396 5 years ago

Damn this thread is generating more excitement than the Deadpool thread!

#397 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Also, rename thread to "PM pics"

I like what PW79 said!

#398 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Damn this thread is generating more excitement than the Deadpool thread!

Agree, I've had the damn theme song in my head since this AM!!! LOL

#399 5 years ago

Pictures were posted and removed and I was too busy at work to catch a glimpse...

#400 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Agree, I've had the damn theme song in my head since this AM!!! LOL

I hear ya, and i can't get Lily out of my head!

Screenshot_2018-08-26-13-57-02-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-08-26-13-57-02-1 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/8?hl=dts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.