(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 164.
#4351 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The person that said it was Stern’s best selling machine of all time is Joe Kaminkow, if he can be trusted. You’d think he’d know sales figures?

You sure he didn’t whisper “spike 2” between saying the words “selling” and “machine”?

#4352 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The person that said it was Stern’s best selling machine of all time is Joe Kaminkow, if he can be trusted. You’d think he’d know sales figures?

@Vid just corrected me, his is in fact correct with Meteor. I could have said ACDC is Sterns best selling game since 2000.

Stern will not give their production numbers out mate. We spoke with Gary Stern when he was in Australia and asked him what was his biggest selling game? His answer was "Whatever your favourite Stern game is!"

#4353 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

He probably equated "most expensive" Stern with "best selling".

#4354 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Actually Batman 66 is Stern’s best selling table of all time, we’ve been told.

No way lol. Someone lied to you.

#4355 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Any guesses how many Munsters will sell?

... a lot (probably just -1), because I don’t think that I will digest what I had in "my Mind with the leaked pic" vs. Reality....
I’m glad for the guys that wanted a PRO since the beginning, all of you just confirmed that it was just like that.

9520E4A7-07D9-488F-8597-E537A593705A (resized).png9520E4A7-07D9-488F-8597-E537A593705A (resized).pngAEA2302F-83D6-4D81-AAE4-205E357A7105 (resized).pngAEA2302F-83D6-4D81-AAE4-205E357A7105 (resized).png

#4356 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

@Vid just corrected me, his is in fact correct with Meteor. I could have said ACDC is Sterns best selling game since 2000.

Stern is the name of two different but related pinball companies. Stern Electronics, Inc. manufactured arcade video games and pinball machines from 1977-1985. Stern Pinball, Inc., founded in 1999.

Meteor was the best selling game of the former. ACDC is the best selling game of the latter.

#4357 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Stern is the name of two different but related pinball companies. Stern Electronics, Inc. manufactured arcade video games and pinball machines from 1977-1985. Stern Pinball, Inc., founded in 1999.
Meteor was the best selling game of the former. ACDC is the best selling game of the latter.

Ha Ha! So we are all correct!

#4358 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

...I don’t think that I will digest what I had in "my Mind with the leaked pic" vs. Reality....

For me, I think I'm going to drop from LE, what I thought might be B&W, to the Premium. Having watched the show while it originally aired in the '60s, the Premium is how I remember the Munsters.

Besides the B&W vs color issue, I'm not sure that I'm sold on the LE's translite art. Don't get me wrong, I love the Munsters coach as much as anyone, but something about that pic just screams Beverly Hillbillies to me. And perhaps a bit too cartoony compared to the rest of Chris Franchi's brilliant artwork?

I've had the hots for Lily since Moses left her to go find a burning bush, so seeing her front and center on the Premium's translite is definitely a plus. What's cookin', Lily?

I originally thought the casket cabinet was a great idea, but after seeing the added color, spiderwebs, and gold legs mixed with black trim everywhere else? Nope.

Yup! I'm done thinking about this one! Premium it is! Toss in the side art blades, add a few decorative cobwebs and some dust, ala Disney's Haunted Mansion, and I've got myself a keeper!

A special added bonus for the OCD in me is that I can watch this one get beat to hell and I won't mind it so much. The Munsters' home was a complete disaster. Dimples be damned! Heck, I may even intentionally add cracks to Grandpa's window! LOL!

#4359 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

For me, I think I'm going to drop from LE, what I thought might be B&W, to the Premium. Having watched the show while it originally aired in the '60s, the Premium is how I remember the Munsters.
Besides the B&W vs color issue, I'm not sure that I'm sold on the LE's translite art. Don't get me wrong, I love the Munsters coach as much as anyone, but something about that pic just screams Beverly Hillbillies to me. And perhaps a bit too cartoony compared to the rest of Christopher Franchi's brilliant artwork?
I've had the hots for Lily since Moses left her to go find a burning bush, so seeing her front and center on the Premium's translite is definitely a plus.
I originally thought the casket cabinet was a great idea, but after seeing the added spiderwebs and gold legs? Nope.
Yup! I'm done thinking about this one! Premium it is! Toss in the side art blades, add a few decorate cobwebs and some dust, ala Disney's Haunted Mansion, and I've got myself a keeper!
A special added bonus for the OCD in me is that I can watch this one get beat to hell and I won't mind it so much. The Munster's home was a complete disaster. Dimples be damned! Heck, I may even intentionally add cracks to Grandpa's window! LOL!

I too think the black and white just "fits" this theme the best. All models look amazing and are just beautiful in every way though.

Even the pro model in this game is awesome. Some people would even think it is the best model because they dont like bottom playfields. I am not a fan of them myself, but i gotta say that this is the coolest one ever!

Are there any other differences between the pro and the Premium/LE other than the bottom playfield? Maybe the light show? Everyone is going to be super happy regardless of which model that they get.

Big thanks to EVERYONE involved in making this game....WOW!

#4360 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

I originally thought the casket cabinet was a great idea, but after seeing the added color, spiderwebs, and gold legs mixed with black trim everywhere else? Nope.

Yeah, they had a very good version, and they ruined it by overworking it. Simpler casket was better.

#4361 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, they had a very good version, and they ruined it by overworking it. Simpler casket was better.

LE Sold out

Can't be that bad.

Agree though, perhaps the mark was missed on this one LE cab ? ( For me the RED on screen don't look right) I am sure it would be stunning in real life, but yeah ?

Remove the Red........ Jazz up the speaker panel and sexy up the headbox side art would be 10/10

Is what it is and reckon MunstLE shapes up to be 9.5 +..... So Cool..... Mr Franchi you are a Champion !

LE owners will still be super stoked to have a very limited and cool model !

I will admit digging the Pro cab art the most.

Curious to know if there was direction or tough decisions to be made leading to agony or extasy for the final product ?

Looking forward to CF's next interview.

Man, I love LE's and wish I had space and cash for this Monster !

Awesome work JB and team !

OMG and final Edit

C'mon Stern its 2019 now lets please loose the crappy Yellow cards

Certainly LE buyers deserve something special

And Pro Premo purchasers deserve better as well, C'mon , that's an easy fix

MunLE (resized).JPGMunLE (resized).JPGhead (resized).JPGhead (resized).JPG

MunLE2 (resized).JPGMunLE2 (resized).JPG
#4362 5 years ago

Who's doing the code on this one?

#4363 5 years ago
Quoted from JoachimR:

Dwight Sullivan

#4364 5 years ago
Quoted from JoachimR:

Dwight (He's done these games recently: Ghostbusters, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, and now Munsters)

#4365 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I don't think I ever saw Munsters mentioned before the rumours started, then suddenly it's the new hotness. Like it might as well have not existed before that happened, it was just that slightly memorable show that was on decades ago that everyone forgot.
Is it fair to say that pretty much anything nostalgic that Stern crank out is going to be eaten up by anyone who just wants a new shiny thing? What next? Xena? The A-Team? LeXX?
If it's just people wanting any new theme in a shiny cabinet then that's one thing, but where has this previously non-existant Munsters fan club come from?

I was wondering as well but I fell into the same trap when Bill & Ted was "announced".

It's a license/ movie I've long forgotten but only mentioning it give me the smiles and I want to watch it again.
So if the machine would be real I'd definately do this to hype myself up.

#4366 5 years ago

for those that have played, is the code more of the standard Dwight "math" code? i.e. GOT or SW

#4367 5 years ago

The Premium cab and playfield beg for some fun mods to add a touch more color in the right places. For instance, lighted legs , lighted back box hinges , out hole , scoop and back panel LED’s could really set it off without giving up the whole B&W thing.

#4368 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

The Premium cab and playfield beg for some fun mods to add a touch more color in the right places. For instance, lighted legs , lighted back box hinges , out hole , scoop and back panel LED’s could really set it off without giving up the whole B&W thing.

Im debating munsters green powdercoat trim

#4369 5 years ago

Does anyone know if you can stream The Munsters anywhere? I checked Hulu, amazon, & Netflix.

#4370 5 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Does anyone know if you can stream The Munsters anywhere? I checked Hulu, amazon, & Netflix.

Best one I've found.

#4372 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Oh yes !! Rice that thing out like a teenagers hinda.

#4373 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Rules Explained on Twitch Stream?

Tune in to jacks stream Thursday for all that.

#4374 5 years ago

Cant wait to play one as I am interested in the theme, but For some reason the black and white premium is growing on me.

#4375 5 years ago

My apologies if this has already been posted...but how freaking COOL would it be if Stern offers a PRO with the B&W?! I think they would increase overall sales substantially, even if they lost some Premium sales.

#4376 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

My apologies if this has already been posted...but how freaking COOL would it be if Stern offers a PRO with the B&W?! I think they would increase overall sales substantially, even if they lost some Premium sales.

I think they should make both the Pro and Premium in both color and B&W versions. Why leave the money on the table? Sell more games and give people what they want!

#4377 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think they should make both the Pro and Premium in both color and B&W versions. Why leave the money on the table? Sell more games and give people what they want!

I would guess after the initial release that they will do exactly this.

Sell the bolus on the original release and then 6 months from now announce a second run of the flipped color schemes.

#4378 5 years ago

How about 500 B&W pros. Black out edition models.

500 color model premiums.

50 Black out model LE.

That would get this going!!

Limited run black out additions .

#4379 5 years ago

Why is the Addams family quote still in this thread title???

#4380 5 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Why is the Addams family quote still in this thread title???

Just to remind everyone what the superior game (and show) is

#4381 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Just to remind everyone what the superior game (and show) is

How the hell you get a machine to the city of bath? Damn.

#4382 5 years ago

I think it's much more likely they'll do colour Premiums than black and white Pros. They'll never give away a USP of the more expensive tiers on a Pro.

IMO the playfields on both the Premium and LE look bad. The borders of the window for the lower pf, where all the art is, look really crammed. Also don't think anywhere near enough effort was made with the black and white. Contrast is so low and it looks like a pretty basic adaptation of the colour version. Cabinet and translite on the other hand do look decent.

IMO the Pro looks easily the best as a total package. Also suspect that it will be the most fun for extended play, since Stewie Pinball 2.0 will probably get pretty aggravating if you have to play it as often as yesterday's stream suggested.

#4383 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dwight (He's done these games recently: Ghostbusters, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, and now Munsters)

what, has it been 2 years since dwight did anything with the code on GB

#4384 5 years ago

You guys need to see the premium in person. The game looks different with lights on and no glass etc.

#4385 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

You guys need to see the premium in person. The game looks different with lights on and no glass etc.

Different in a good or bad way?

#4386 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Im debating munsters green powdercoat trim

Post pics if you do

#4387 5 years ago

The artwork on the pro backglass and cabinet was just swapped on the LE?? well, what do you want for 9 grand. And why does that backbox look so.....boxy?? Would it have killed them to put an angle or something on it? one of the things that really caught my eye about Houdini was the backbox, something that had basically been the same for 75 years. All they did was cut a piece of wood different....

Houdini (resized).jpgHoudini (resized).jpg
#4388 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Stern will not give their production numbers out mate. We spoke with Gary Stern when he was in Australia and asked him what was his biggest selling game? His answer was "Whatever your favourite Stern game is!"

In the "30 Years of Stern" posts, they don't claim Stern Electronics pins in their history. They do claim Data East pins in their history. I doubt AC/DC or Metallica sold 10400 units, so that means DE Star Wars is the best selling Stern!

30cbbef6fc34ce985147d461237fbfa2c1e3a662 (resized).jpg30cbbef6fc34ce985147d461237fbfa2c1e3a662 (resized).jpg

#4389 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Herman Munster is believed to be the first gay sitcom star.

Yet all credible sources with a synopsis of this character mysteriously make no mention of this!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=herman+munster+sitcom+star

So just another desperate groping of that community to coopt someone as one of their own.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=first+gay+sitcom+star

#4390 5 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

And why does that backbox look so.....boxy?? Would it have killed them to put an angle or something on it? one of the things that really caught my eye about Houdini was the backbox, something that had basically been the same for 75 years. All they did was cut a piece of wood different....

What?? The spike 2 cabs already remind me of the EBD-LE abominations. Lets not go full Gottlieb Premier.

ebd01 (resized).jpgebd01 (resized).jpg

#4391 5 years ago

Okay, somebody please help me because I am not sure if I am confused. Is it common in pinball to use the word "lite" instead of the word "light?" I was looking at Grandpa's Laboratory and the words "Lite Machine" used twice on the lower playfield are really bothering me. Is this normal?

Grandpa's Laboratory (resized).jpgGrandpa's Laboratory (resized).jpg
#4392 5 years ago

A closer look...

Grandpa's Laboratory 2 (resized).jpgGrandpa's Laboratory 2 (resized).jpg
#4393 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Okay, somebody please help me because I am not sure if I am confused. Is it common in pinball to use the word "lite" instead of the word "light?" I was looking at Grandpa's Laboratory and the words "Lite Machine" used twice on the lower playfield are really bothering me. Is this normal?
[quoted image]

Light can be a noun, a verb, an adverb, and an adjective. Lite is an informal variant of light, usually used as an adverb meaning “containing less of an ingredient,” or “being less complex.” Being an informal world, lite shouldn't be used instead of light in formal writing.

#4394 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

[quoted image]

Maybe they did it to fit the text by the insert

Maybe they made a mistake, like on a few other games

I wish you would have never pointed this out!

Someone will make the worlds smaller mod ever, an overlay for the typo, to sell to us OCD folks hahaha

#4395 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Light can be a noun, a verb, an adverb, and an adjective. Lite is an informal variant of light, usually used as an adverb meaning “containing less of an ingredient,” or “being less complex.”

Depends on the disctionary you look this on up it's for light (illumination) as well.
US speech variant, of course.

#4396 5 years ago

Translite is another misuse of lite. English is hard.

#4397 5 years ago

Light vs Lite

It’s a “grey area”

On a greyscale game

Ha, I kill me

Wait... gray or grey

Nooooooooooo

#4398 5 years ago

spelling class ?

#4399 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

A closer look...
[quoted image]

"lite" has been used as both a verb and a noun in pinball for about 70 years.

Seems a little late in the game to get bitchy about it now.

#4400 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Yet all credible sources with a synopsis of this character mysteriously make no mention of this!

When the network saw that there was no backlash about a gay Frankenstein, that opened the door to the most over-the-top gay of any TV character of the 60s:

Dr Smith from Lost In Space

jonathan-harris-20 (resized).jpgjonathan-harris-20 (resized).jpg

c09ee35ed176a90cdfa764c9b97dfdee (resized).jpgc09ee35ed176a90cdfa764c9b97dfdee (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.