(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 164.
#4301 5 years ago

I like the one I am going to buy the best and I poop on the others. Rinse, repeat.

#4302 5 years ago
Quoted from Slips:

Has there ever been an sort of loop shot before like the right ramp?

Tftc

#4303 5 years ago

Premium is stupid amazing looking.

The foil in the LE side rails, can’t tell if that is just tape or what.

Game is smooth, has tight shots, none feel super easy. Idk wtf I’m doing when playing but I’m really liking it.

390868A1-D67B-477E-95F5-4C0704C7BE29 (resized).jpeg390868A1-D67B-477E-95F5-4C0704C7BE29 (resized).jpeg3F83B381-5F46-41A2-B0CA-452ACBEDBF72 (resized).jpeg3F83B381-5F46-41A2-B0CA-452ACBEDBF72 (resized).jpeg66D93F27-7EC4-4C61-9F84-1E20C1CCE63E (resized).jpeg66D93F27-7EC4-4C61-9F84-1E20C1CCE63E (resized).jpeg6D6AB7E8-BFFE-4BF8-B929-D081763EE845 (resized).jpeg6D6AB7E8-BFFE-4BF8-B929-D081763EE845 (resized).jpegACC1B17C-CB21-4B0F-B536-23D6D2565010 (resized).jpegACC1B17C-CB21-4B0F-B536-23D6D2565010 (resized).jpegAD9E47BF-3F46-424F-AC5C-D26C6270D2F9 (resized).jpegAD9E47BF-3F46-424F-AC5C-D26C6270D2F9 (resized).jpegB365C28E-1CA4-4B21-8F04-324D87A1182F (resized).jpegB365C28E-1CA4-4B21-8F04-324D87A1182F (resized).jpegDABCB77D-7D30-4A79-899D-03A0EED5231A (resized).jpegDABCB77D-7D30-4A79-899D-03A0EED5231A (resized).jpegF02083F2-1C02-4128-B7E8-0F7FC6BC61E2 (resized).jpegF02083F2-1C02-4128-B7E8-0F7FC6BC61E2 (resized).jpeg
#4304 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Rules Explained on Twitch Stream?
I was just wondering if any of the reveal team took some time to introduce viewers to the rules of the game. I remember that in past Deadflip reveals. The three-hour stream is archived on Deadflip and I'm watching it now. No rules- or game-development discussion begins the stream.

They're doing a stream from the factory on Thursday, with Dwight. I imagine you'll get all the rules and whatnot then, this was just a show stream.

Quoted from cletus:

I'm tired of all of the Monochromophobia in this thread.
The Premium looks spooktacular on all levels!!!
I like the color that the lights and inserts add, but I can't help wondering how it would look if they went warm white LEDs for everything.

I think it looks really nice, but I would have liked it more if they had gone all out, and used white/clear inserts with colored LEDs instead. If you're gonna do it, then really do it. I feel like it wouldn't have changed anyone's mind, as far as love or hate either way, but it would have made it much more stunning when the black and white came to life in color as the inserts lit up.

#4305 5 years ago

I really like the way the colored inserts give a bit of contrast to the B&W PF. Think some colored rubber would look damn snazzy too.

#4306 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think it looks really nice, but I would have liked it more if they had gone all out, and used white/clear inserts with colored LEDs instead. If you're gonna do it, then really do it. I feel like it wouldn't have changed anyone's mind, as far as love or hate either way, but it would have made it much more stunning when the black and white came to life in color as the inserts lit up.

There are little colors peppered throughout, like the text...I personally appreciate some color coding in inserts. Herman's inserts are green (and he's a lock which is traditionally green), Lily is orange, Spot is red, Grandpa is purple, etc. I think clarity is sometimes better than the ability to be ANY color. Some inserts are clear, so those will be multi-colored...and hopefully with just a few being clear, color changes won't be confusing like they can be on some "anything can be any color" games.

#4307 5 years ago

I'm digging that black and white. Ramps are pretty cool as well. Gonna have to check out the gameplay on this one.

#4308 5 years ago

Best looking Stern LCD visuals to date

#4309 5 years ago
Quoted from BenLogan:

Best looking Stern LCD visuals to date

Nope. They are nice, but Batman easily wins that award.

#4310 5 years ago

The black and white looks excellent. Premium is definitely the one to get.
I hope the lower playfield has a standard size pinball because I hate the little pinball on the Stewie playfield. That really cheapens it.
I’m glad they did the 4 buttons. It’s nice to be able to trap on one playfield while concentrating on the other.

#4311 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I hope the lower playfield has a standard size pinball because I hate the little pinball on the Stewie playfield.

They are smaller than standard. I don't know if they're as small as Stewie's though.

#4312 5 years ago

Ok, I played about 6 games today on the premium so here are my first impressions. I did not play the LE or the Pro, so this is just based on the few games on the Premium. I do want to start by saying that I've never watched the Munsters so I have no emotional ties to the theme, but in general monster themes seem to fit the pinball genre pretty well. Also, I'm an average player at best (and even that's probably giving myself a bit too much credit) but have played most solid state pins to have an opinion on what I like. With that, here goes

I really liked the B&W Premium, next to the LE for some reason it seemed to work better with the theme. I know it's not for everyone, but definitely not bad and even the colored inserts didn't seem to be in conflict with the black and white theme. They layout of the playfield was great, the ramp shots were smooth and not too hard, and there was a lot (and I mean A LOT) to shoot.

The toys were well designed, although I have to wonder how easy it'll be to maintain the lower pf as it was packed with ramps and switches and stuff. Accessing the lower pf was not infrequent or hard, I think in one game I must have made it there like 5 times. The timer dictates how long you can stay there, and making ramp shots added time to the timer.

The game does a good job in guiding what to shoot and what to do next. There are several modes to go after, although I didn't quite get the hang of the rules based on just a few games. It felt to me that the ball times were long (again, in reference to my mediocre skills at best) and I even made it to the Munsters of Rock in one game. Granted, it was just code version 0.90, but if I can make it to the wizard mode then not sure what that means to the more skilled players.

I liked the multiballs, and there was one even on the lower playfield. I even got to a point where I had a multiball going on both playfield at the same time. Total mayhem, and impossible to control so I just kept on double flipping all 4 buttons at the same time. I think it'll take a little bit of practice to be able to control both pf's at the same time

I didn't really pay attention too much to the animations or call outs, but the animations that I saw seemed fitting to the theme and well made. The noise at CES prevented from really hearing the music or call outs so can't comment on that.

In a nutshell, I really liked it. Fun layout and plenty to shoot but I had to wonder what the long ball times mean for lastability or fun for better players

#4313 5 years ago

Well I really like the look of the Premium. Am I missing something or is Marilyn not on the backglass of the Premium model?

#4314 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I personally appreciate some color coding in inserts. Herman's inserts are green (and he's a lock which is traditionally green), Lily is orange, Spot is red, Grandpa is purple, etc. I think clarity is sometimes better than the ability to be ANY color.

Yeah, I'm not talking RGB lights, I mean put a green LED in Herman, orange in Lily etc. RGB is a whole different beast, wouldn't work with the code, more expense etc.

#4315 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

They are smaller than standard. I don't know if they're as small as Stewie's though.

They look to be bigger than Stewie's, but smaller than standard.

#4316 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think this pin can rival GB in sales

Speculating here as well but I think this title won't touch GB in sales. This theme does not have that net like GB does. GB grabs 30-40 year olds like me, and older guys AND younger. Munsters? No way.

Would love to revisit this and see how it falls out.

#4317 5 years ago

After going over the feature matrix, it's clear that the only mechanical difference between the Pro and the Premium is the lower playfield and its extra flipper buttons. No other mechs are compromised. Even the playfield and GI lighting are exactly the same.

It's not your average lower playfield. They have done an outstanding job, and it seems worthy of the Premium's uncharge.

That being said, if you don't like lower playfields, Munsters will be one hell of a solid Pro for you.

#4318 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Speculating here as well but I think this title won't touch GB in sales. This theme does not have that net like GB does. GB grabs 30-40 year olds like me, and older guys AND younger. Munsters? No way.

GB went into Stern's archive at the end of last year, prior to the usual 3 year run. Perhaps sales weren't as good as initially thought.

#4319 5 years ago

I am looking to Thursday’s Dead Flip for more in depth review of each game. I’m intrigued by the Premium but need to see the playfield fully lit up during gameplay. The sound effects, music, voices and laugh tracks together all seemed a bit much and a little grating after awhile. All in all it looked like a pretty good shooter.

#4320 5 years ago

Ordered the LE
This theme kills because well,it’s tge Munsters.
Addams Family-great fucking game wish I had it.
BUT 50 cool points taken off for being based on the movie imo.

There is no Disney Munsters to make you hate “the new Munsters “ or some crap.

Great great theme LE with the coffin cab WOW
Go right next to BSD
All I want to know is does DRAGULA move????

#4321 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

GB went into Stern's archive at the end of last year, prior to the usual 3 year run. Perhaps sales weren't as good as initially thought.

OK - I thought I heard GB was one of their best sellers ever. Maybe I misheard.

#4322 5 years ago

Wonder if you can get magic glass for the lower PF?

#4323 5 years ago

I love the LE art, but can see the appeal of the Premium also. Pro cant be faulted but is a little generic- like every other good Stern package recently (OK, now im looking for faults). A little bit torn between the LE and Premium, but I think the LE has it for me just because it's really unique.

I wonder if the original plan was to have the LE cab with the B&W playfield? That would be amazing also. Do you think theyd build one for me if I asked?

Anyway, spoilt for choice here. Only minor complaint on the LE is I wish they'd done the web siderails in the reverse colour - so all gold with black inserts, and gold lockdown to match. That would look freaking awesome. Might have to do that myself when I get it.

#4324 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I think you’re correct. This game may sell well but it won’t sell GB or Met well. Also, I think the price to get it in your door NIB is substantially higher now than it was when GB was released (be that the result of the MAP forcing standardized prices, the general price increases, or the sales tax issue being discussed in the other thread - or a combination of all three - the price is substantially higher than three years ago).

#4325 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I really like the way the colored inserts give a bit of contrast to the B&W PF. Think some colored rubber would look damn snazzy too.

Heck while your at it, so would a color playfield.

#4326 5 years ago

I knew I'd love the B&W, but surprisingly, I prefer the LE.

I don't trust Stern with code and quality of mechs, and I'm really bummed about it. I'd be all over that LE. I think this is one of the best, if not the best, lower PFs I've ever seen. LE in a year or so if code is even done by then. I'll also have to browse the Munsters Issues thread to see if the mechs are crap.

#4327 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Addams Family-great fucking game wish I had it.
BUT 50 cool points taken off for being based on the movie imo.

Don't you mean 1000 cool points added for custom callouts by the actors, one of the greatest losses to contemporary pinball???

#4328 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I love the LE art, but can see the appeal of the Premium also. Pro cant be faulted but is a little generic- like every other good Stern package recently (OK, now im looking for faults). A little bit torn between the LE and Premium, but I think the LE has it for me just because it's really unique.
I wonder if the original plan was to have the LE cab with the B&W playfield? That would be amazing also. Do you think theyd build one for me if I asked?
Anyway, spoilt for choice here. Only minor complaint on the LE is I wish they'd done the web siderails in the reverse colour - so all gold with black inserts, and gold lockdown to match. That would look freaking awesome. Might have to do that myself when I get it.

Find someone that wants a premium with color and just swap playfields!

You both have a 1 of a kind!

#4329 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I knew I'd love the B&W, but surprisingly, I prefer the LE.
I don't trust Stern with code and quality of mechs, and I'm really bummed about it. I'd be all over that LE. I think this is one of the best, if not the best, lower PFs I've ever seen. LE in a year or so if code is even done by then. I'll also have to browse the Munsters Issues thread to see if the mechs are crap.

Me2 LE

#4330 5 years ago

From watching the gameplay of the LE the green and purple LED lights pretty much wash out any other colors on the playfield so I'm thinking Black & White might actually show up better than the color playfields on the Pro & LE.

#4331 5 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

From watching the gameplay of the LE the green and purple LED lights pretty much wash out any other colors on the playfield so I'm thinking Black & White might actually show up better than the color playfields on the Pro & LE.

These colors are always massively blown out on video/images so without seeing it in person I bet it's hard to truly tell

#4332 5 years ago

I didn't watch the series much, caught some in syndication: was there anything in the series related to time? Seems like this is a theme that would be fun to have a Midnight Madness mode. Wonder if there's one.

#4333 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

These colors are always massively blown out on video/images so without seeing it in person I bet it's hard to truly tell

Yeah I gotta say this is a great effort and a killer design for a Stern Pinball. Can't wait to play one!

#4334 5 years ago

Any comments on plastic above lower playfield. Looks similar to AC/DC Premium VE - same method of securing plastic with screws (& black border).

Some folks were worried about this in acdc - is this a non issue?

#4335 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I have to give you two thumbs way up! for your comment Cooked71, you just make me think about a L.E. again and I just wrote to my distributor a couple of things thanks to you mate!.... nothing is impossible, and if they say no, that’s ok anyway.

Regards

#4336 5 years ago

Oh boy, which to choose?! Overall art package, I think the Premium wins, and I probably would have just gone for it... but... then I saw that it’s still got a full-color LCD. I can’t say that I like the looks of the B&W everywhere else, but not on the display. Really, I’m not sure that I like the color on the LCD at all. Not when it keeps transitioning to B&W show scenes. I guess this has me leaning more towards the LE, which is where I was at in the first place, except that I was hoping the LE was going to end up being the B&W one based on the leaked cabinet art. LOL! Ugh! Decisions!

While I wrestle with my choice, I’m newly relocated to Orlando/Disney, anyone want to recommend a good dealer/distributor that might not be too far away?

#4337 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

What’s the official word on sales tax for out-of-state purchases as a phone order?

That's not a Stern question... that's a question that depends on what state you live or buy in, and what their plans are for forcing out of state sellers to collect tax.

#4338 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

I’m newly relocated to Orlando/Disney, anyone want to recommend a good dealer/distributor that might not be too far away?

Little Shop of Games is the distro near there. You just missed the Orlando show. The one in JAX is in March.

#4339 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Any comments on plastic above lower playfield. Looks similar to AC/DC Premium VE - same method of securing plastic with screws (& black border).
Some folks were worried about this in acdc - is this a non issue?

The ball would get caught on the lip a lot... but to make a replaceable pf window you kinda have to have it :/

#4340 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

I can’t say that I like the looks of the B&W everywhere else, but not on the display. Really, I’m not sure that I like the color on the LCD at all.

The cabinet has green logos. The playfield has color text, inserts, and lights. The clips on the LCD are B&W with some subtle mostly monochrome color. It all works together quite well - it’s not going to feel out of place at all.

#4341 5 years ago

Im still sitting here blown away at how awesome that Chris Franchi made this black and white art package look. I mean seriously, how the hell do you make a black and white pinball machine look so bad ass?

I was bummed when i heard the Premium was black and white because thats the model i want. Ive been excited about this game for a long long time and Munsters is one of my dream themes and this morning the excitement was gone for me because of the black and white premium. I felt like a kid who didnt get the toy he wanted on Christmas day........then i seen pics of the Premium and was like Holy shiiiiiiit!! Happy again!

Chris Franchi.....you da man brother! I don't know how you pulled it off but you did it and you did it extremely well!

#4342 5 years ago

cool looking games and surprised the Premium was black and white - massive difference between pro and premium in so many ways

nice work Stern

#4343 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think this pin can rival GB in sales

Actually Batman 66 is Stern’s best selling table of all time, we’ve been told.

#4344 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Not sure if you are joking or not butt,

ACDC is Sterns best ever selling game.

BM66 is not even close..

#4345 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've never seen an episode of the Munsters in my life. I've been vaguely aware of them as an Addams Family knockoff I guess, and that's about it.

The Munsters, The Adams Family and Bewitched all came out on TV at the exact same time (the same week, believe it or not).

The Munsters, of course got better ratings than Adams Family, because it was more fun.

Herman Munster is believed to be the first gay sitcom star. You could not have a gay character as the lead 1964, but an effeminate Frankenstein was apparently OK with the network.

#4346 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The best selling Stern is Meteor, with almost 8,000 made.

#4347 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Not sure if you are joking or not butt,
ACDC is Sterns best ever selling game.
BM66 is not even close..

The person that said it was Stern’s best selling machine of all time is Joe Kaminkow, if he can be trusted. You’d think he’d know sales figures?

#4348 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The best selling Stern is Meteor, with almost 8,000 made.

Any guesses how many Munsters will sell?

#4349 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The person that said it was Stern’s best selling machine of all time is Joe Kaminkow, if he can be trusted. You’d think he’d know sales figures?

There are only a few hundred between Super LE & LE, and Premium didn’t sell at all while the code was in shambles. I’m sure it picked up recently with better code..but with that roll out and no Pro, it’s impossible that it’s sold more than the top sellers: TSPP, LOTR, AC/DC, Metallica, GB. It probably didn’t sell as many as lesser sellers like the original Batman Dark Knight.

#4350 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Any guesses how many Munsters will sell?

Well, if you take 1964 made, then figure that 1/2 are going overseas, then split between LE Pre and Pro, then the secret LEs with the Black LED illumination.....and times it by 2X for the two years it was on the air.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/87?hl=dts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.