(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 164.
#4201 5 years ago

Family guy doesn't use plastic balls !

#4202 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

FGY has a metal bal

Oh the only time I ever played one was at launch in Rochester at a show and it was a white plastic ball from what I remember. It got stuck on me during my only game on it as well. To many farts and burps. Never played it again. So thanks for settinge straight.

Anyhow I sure hope it's a tad bigger ball.

#4203 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's okay that they probably took inspiration from TNA, pinball is like that.

Inspired is probably a better word than stolen. It's actually kind of cool to see when designers and programmers inspire one another. I see several things on this playfield and display that were inspired by others and that's ok. I'm glad much of this stuff isn't patented. How much would it suck if only one company could exclusively use pop bumpers, another drop targets and another spinners?

#4204 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I'm sure no one cares about what little old me thinks. But I'm a premium buyer typically. The black and white premium is VERY polarizing. For me I want the color, with the lower playfield. And I can't get it without $9000 in on the limited edition. AND I have to order it before I can even play it.
So I guess I'm out on the whole thing, unless Stern some day makes a color premium.
My 2c as an average joe consumer.

I'm with you. Only difference is that I am typically a Pro buyer. I may have upgraded to Premium this time if it would have been color. Black and White is ok but just is not my preference - I like the color.

#4205 5 years ago

would you rather have seen stern 'steal' such innovations as the blue frankenstein half peeking over a wall or the razor blade on a string ?

innov03 (resized).jpginnov03 (resized).jpg
#4206 5 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Inspired is probably a better word than stolen. It's actually kind of cool to see when designers and programmers inspire one another. I see several things on this playfield and display that were inspired by others and that's ok. I'm glad much of this stuff isn't patented. How much would it suck if only one company could exclusively use pop bumpers, another drop targets and another spinners?

Without Data East taking “inspiration” from all those 90s Williams games can you imagine how terrible they’d all be?

Jpop never met an idea he wouldn’t steal and people can’t get enough.

Without captain fantastic we wouldn’t have seen Flash and all the great games that rip off steve Ritchie.

“Innovation” is the most over-lusted for desire in pinball. You don’t want it people!!!

#4207 5 years ago

Hard to say now for me... I wanted B&W but in a L.E., and the cabinet just like the called "Photoshopped " in B&W and just that plain red stripe.

#4208 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Seems like another gaurdians of the galaxy that will soon be forgotten. Stern isn't using the screen very well. Still can't compare in any aspect to JJPOTC.

Bullshit! This game is a home run all the way. Borg and Franchi killed it!

#4209 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Laugh track is quickly becoming this game's Abobolee-bo-bo

We had the option of either doing one of the following -
1/ Keep the original recordings which have the sound track and laugh track embedded . These are impossible to remove due to the nature of the original recordings
Or
2/ Overdub new voices and sounds on top of the original video shots . This would unfortunately not satisfy collectors who expect to hear the original sounds of course which the laugh track is included and of course impossible to separate from the mono recordings completed in the 1960s.

Regards Stern marketing

#4210 5 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

1/ Keep the original recordings which have the sound track and laugh track embedded . These are impossible to remove due to the nature of the original recordings
Or
2/ Overdub new voices and sounds on top of the original video shots . This would unfortunately not satisfy collectors who expect to hear the original sounds of course which the laugh track is included and of course impossible to separate from the mono recordings completed in the 1960s.
Regards Stern marketing

That was the right move. Sound perfect to me.

#4211 5 years ago

This is Franchi’s best yet. A stunner of an art package. Even better than ghostbusters, which was the best.

#4212 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Seems like another gaurdians of the galaxy that will soon be forgotten. Stern isn't using the screen very well. Still can't compare in any aspect to JJPOTC.

Well I guess it certainly won’t compare in numbers of pins sold

Munsters will sell thousands more than JJPPOTC

#4213 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Bullshit! This game is a home run all the way. Borg and Franchi killed it!

Don’t worry Who-Dey , there’s a reason he has such a morbid and depressing Pinside user name.

Game looks fantastic - personally prefer the LE - it looks like an LE all the way. LE cab with B&W PF would have been nice, but all 3 versions look great.

Lower PF looks fun - has more in it than Jetsons and Supreme combined.

Can’t wait to play it.

#4214 5 years ago

I really wish the Premium playfield was color. Maybe Grandpa's basement could've been black and white only.

There's really no reason to make Franchi's awesome art look dull.

#4215 5 years ago

I'm excited to flip on it. I was feeling the hype at the reveal, but not like I need to throw money down. I'm going to be itchy to get time on it as soon as it starts popping up in the wild though. I really want to see how it feels compared to other Borg games. I've been really hit and miss with Borg lately. Some really big highs (TWD, Tron, MET) and some iffy lows (AS, GoTG, KISS). I like when he deviates from his main pattern, and this one definitely does to some degree on the premium/LE model, but I want to see if it does enough for me.

#4216 5 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Or
Regards Stern marketing

That makes sense, thanks for sharing.

#1 was definitely the right call, no point in doing a license if the fans don't get what they want out of it. I'm not one of those fans, or a buyer, so who cares if I find it grating. Wasn't gonna open my wallet anyways, much better to make people who appreciate the game for what it represents happy.

#4217 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I really wish the Premium playfield was color. Maybe Grandpa's basement could've been black and white only.
There's really no reason to make Franchi's awesome art look dull.

It doesn’t look dull at all. It’s extremely sharp. And if you look at the Color versions, they sorta look like he did it in B/W first then colored it to look like colorized B/W film.

#4218 5 years ago

I really like what they did with the ramp flap on the Spot shot too. Big improvement. That really smooths that left ramp shot out, so it feels nice. The left ramp shot on TWD Prem/LE really suffers with the old "speed bump" design.

spot_up (resized).JPGspot_up (resized).JPGspot_down (resized).JPGspot_down (resized).JPG

#4219 5 years ago

I’m thinking the 2 sets of flipper buttons will allow for some cool modes with both upper and lower playing at once. FGY only has one set?

#4220 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Wasn't gonna open my wallet anyways

Not sure if you're in or not on this release, hopefully you'll repeat it a few more times so we can all rest easy.

Anyway, on the topic at hand - do we have a definite answer on the size of the balls in the lower playfield?

#4221 5 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Or

Maybe I don't understand modern pins, but aren't these computer games now, could they not have an option of which one the owner prefers?
Or is that the whole 'code' can of worms issue?

#4222 5 years ago

I was really negative on the black and white package before I saw it. At this point the Premium package is my favorite. I usually favor LEs in general, but I don't like the overall art package on the LE and I never like gold trim or legs. At least the legs are not shiny gold. So this is the best case for me. I get to wait as long as I want to decide on this game rather than having to jump on an LE yesterday basically. It is cool that the LE even has the Stern no-see glass on it standard!

By the way you can win one of these in the Project Pinball raffles:

Pro: https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/winapinballmachineraffle-19-100

Premium: https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/premiumpinballmachineraffle-2019
(I know it says Beatles, but you can pick any Stern Premium game that is currently available NIB.)

#4223 5 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Maybe I don't understand modern pins, but aren't these computer games now, could they not have an option of which one the owner prefers?

So they should double their asset costs? That stuff doesn't get made for free.

#4224 5 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Or is that the whole 'code' can of worms issue?

Coding wise it’s easy.

The work is having to develop two different versions of every audio sample.

#4225 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It doesn’t look dull at all. It’s extremely sharp. And if you look at the Color versions, they sorta look like he did it in B/W first then colored it to look like colorized B/W film.

I'm not saying blurry. I'm saying Black and White is duller than Color. If you want to watch 4K TV in black and white, be my guest.

The LE and Pro playfield are vibrant.

#4226 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I’m thinking the 2 sets of flipper buttons will allow for some cool modes with both upper and lower playing at once. FGY only has one set?

FG only uses two buttons, but you play upper and lower at the same time for Stewie Multiball. The extra set of buttons is the only thing I'm scratching my head about on this game....doesn't seem like it needs them, but I guess we'll see if there's a real gameplay reason for it.

#4227 5 years ago

I'm not saying blurry. I'm saying Black and White is duller than Color. If you want to watch 4K TV in black and white, be my guest.

You see vibrant, I see "busy". Resolution has nothing to do with vibrancy. You can watch beautifully shot B&W movies on a 4KTV. Light, shadow and cinematography can be gorgeous in black and white. Just depends on the artist. Anyway - I think all 3 versions look great. Glad there are options for all tastes.

#4228 5 years ago

I bought the Schindlers List 4K this Christmas and was laughing at myself the whole way to the till. It does look amazing, clearly better than any previous release, but its still black and white. I don't mind the B&W on this but the splashes of color on the targets seems odd. On the Pin it fits the theme if your a hardcore Munsters fan but that is really the only reason I could imagine wanting it.

#4229 5 years ago

Ok so it looks like the main concern is black and white. I would guess after they sell out of LE's and do first runs of Pro's-enough people will stand up with their pitchforks and demand COLOR for Premiums(or at least two versions-One Color & One B&W). Stern marketing will realize quickly what the public wants.

Now can we move on from the black and white argument-feels like groundhogs day-even after the announcement.

Ok.gifOk.gif
#4230 5 years ago

There were more post to this thread before it was revealed than after. LOL

#4231 5 years ago

I don't want the LE in my opinion FUGLY. Premium all the way.

I hate hate when I change my mind on a Stern release. Saw gameplay and am intrigued.

Still MET, LUCY and World Poker have morphed into Munsters.

#4232 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Not sure if you're in or not on this release, hopefully you'll repeat it a few more times so we can all rest easy.

I think it matters when you're putting your opinion out to the people who make it whether you're a buyer or a bystander. But feel free to ignore my posts if they bother you that much, I'll probably keep saying it.

#4233 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

There were more post to this thread before it was revealed than after. LOL

(Opened 7 months ago)...and got stronger 4 months ago, so, 4 months vs. 4 hours, I think that’s a lot for 1st day.

#4234 5 years ago

Just getting off work and catching up......LE is gorgeous, and confirmed my order. FGY is one of my most played pins, and I love the mini playfield.

Can't wait to get this thing and play it!!!!! (I do think the B&W looks pretty cool as well, but the "cabinet casket" artwork, custom rails, shaker, and great color do it for me).....Hooray!!!!

#4235 5 years ago

Wowza Herman Munster just scored 185M on deadflip stream. All modes were started and Munster Madness (wizard mode) was completed. Got to hear tons of callouts, sound clips, and video. Thank heavens it spreads out the theme song music some when you have a good game. It was getting annoying while the first time crowd played through.

Munsters is a polished looking game and code looks to be pretty much done maybe it is over v1.0. Congrats to Borg and Team for an outstanding design. Gary Stern deserves to party tonight like it’s 1999. 9C258E8A-258A-4DE6-BD4F-02A3D331BD7D.gif9C258E8A-258A-4DE6-BD4F-02A3D331BD7D.gif

#4236 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Don’t worry who-dey , there’s a reason he has such a morbid and depressing Pinside user name.
Game looks fantastic - personally prefer the LE - it looks like an LE all the way. LE cab with B&W PF would have been nice, but all 3 versions look great.
Lower PF looks fun - has more in it than Jetsons and Supreme combined.
Can’t wait to play it.

Thanks!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4237 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

(Opened 7 months ago)...and got stronger 4 months ago, so, 4 months vs. 4 hours, I think that’s a lot for 1st day.

Not saying from the beginning of creation.... I was watching it today and it was like 5 post every minute or so. Just seems to have calmed down alot.. Do people like what they see?

#4238 5 years ago

Any show $pecials on these?

#4239 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Any show $pecials on these?

You get to pay full price, but unlike many others get to play and see it first before paying

#4240 5 years ago

I don't think I ever saw Munsters mentioned before the rumours started, then suddenly it's the new hotness. Like it might as well have not existed before that happened, it was just that slightly memorable show that was on decades ago that everyone forgot.

Is it fair to say that pretty much anything nostalgic that Stern crank out is going to be eaten up by anyone who just wants a new shiny thing? What next? Xena? The A-Team? LeXX?

If it's just people wanting any new theme in a shiny cabinet then that's one thing, but where has this previously non-existant Munsters fan club come from?

#4241 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

All modes were started and Munster Madness (wizard mode) was completed.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Munsters is polished and code looks pretty much done.

Game is just revealed and someone beats the wizard mode at a show.

And you believe code is polished and pretty much done?

This may be the most compelling comment to wait a year before purchasing to avoid the frustration waiting on code.

#4242 5 years ago

At CES, Stern have Munsters and Beatles pinballs for play and to showcase. Those are the two and only games featured and this has been planned for awhile. I really dig Munsters lower playfield and prefer the b&w art, so plan to buy a premium. Munsters premium delivered will run about $7.6k and that is also the price for delivery of Beatles gold. So there you have it, Stern has its two newest pins on display and both sell for the same thing, right?

It is easy to shine a light on the potential sales variance between Munsters Prem vs Beatles gold since they are both Stern’s and happen to be hanging out together Maybe 10x more interest in Munsters over Beatles and why is that? Is it because Munsters: features, code, art, video and sound make it looked packed sitting next to Beatles? While Beatles pin is beautiful, that’s about it for what stands out.

John Q. Public will see Munsters pro for $5.8k and go wow, that looks like the Munsters premium but much better priced and maybe 95% of the same experience. Then look at Beatles and think to himself wtf? People can see value and one pin looks like it doesn’t belong. Maybe this will convince Stern their sales price for Beatles was way too high and to be more competitive next time.. If the msrp on that game had been $5k, interest would be split more evenly between games ie they would selling lots more Beatles. This illustrates how much of a money grab Beatles was ($3k per machine x 1k pins = $3M of grabass).

Anyways looking forward to watching more streams of the Munsters. Game shows some nice flow on left and right orbit shots, as well as up the the left and right ramps. Also left ramp travels behind backboard as it does on IM.

#4243 5 years ago

so just getting around to all of this. Game looks cool - like the layout. Not a fan at all of that B/W though - kills the prem for me.

Anyone have a link to the video/stream? Would like to see it in full action.

#4244 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

If it's just people wanting any new theme in a shiny cabinet then that's one thing, but where has this previously non-existant Munsters fan club come from?

I always loved The Munsters since I was a kid. I even have a Munster's Koach model. But I never go out of my way to talk about them.

#4246 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so just getting around to all of this. Game looks cool - like the layout. Not a fan at all of that B/W though - kills the prem for me.
Anyone have a link to the video/stream? Would like to see it in full action.

https://m.twitch.tv/deadflip

#4247 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I always loved The Munsters since I was a kid. I even have a Munster's Koach model. But I never go out of my way to talk about them.

Fair dos. I remember watching it a fair bit but I couldn't tell you anything about any episode I saw. Different strokes for different folks I guess. I never knew it had such a big fanbase.

#4248 5 years ago

I've never seen an episode of the Munsters in my life. I've been vaguely aware of them as an Addams Family knockoff I guess, and that's about it. But the full transition to color TV happened right around when I was born, so I'm probably from the wrong era.

It strikes me as a more dated theme than Stern has been doing, but not a stale one necessarily. I'm curious to see the longer term response to it.

#4249 5 years ago

thanks!

Maybe it's b/c I'm not into the theme but what a borefest for me. Everything just seems so been there done that. Like deadpool had some crazy shots that yes didn't work but it was unique. Bottom PF seems lacking as well. Disappointed. On paper it seemed better. In motion it seems dated all around. Initial impressions of course.

#4250 5 years ago

I'd take a premium with pro art.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/85?hl=tradesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.