(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 164.
#4151 5 years ago

Being a "never Pro" buyer, I'm more than a little concerned about the mini balls on the lower playfield. I wish someone had leaked this information so it didn't come as such a shock! The mini balls on Shrek/Family Guy were awful. This mini playfield seems to have a better layout and ramps than Donkey, but still... I will definitely have to play this one to make up my mind. The rest of the game looks awesome and the music track is awesome! Munsters is my favorite TV theme song ever. The lighting, ramps, Herman toy, call outs, etc look great and so does the display. I also like the window to the lower playfield being screwed in like the ACDC VE was. This is much better solution than making it a part of the playfield with clear coat over it. The orbits look smooth as glass and the game doesn't seem to be a drain monster out the sides.

Edit: The black and white version looks way better than I expected! Maybe I shouldn't worry about the mini balls on the lower playfield so much haha.

#4152 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm thinking Toyotaboy has never played Starship Troopers. Or Medusa?

medusa was extra time after 3rd ball, not a ball save timer

starship troopers was to show bug count kill

#4153 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Ohhh...

So this is super innovative then! I don't think anybody has ever used a display on a lower playfield!

Innovation rulez!

#4154 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ohhh...
So what?

Its the countdown specific use that was so revolutionary. I hope he patented it.

#4155 5 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Its the countdown specific use that was so revolutionary. I hope he patented it.

Good luck on that.

#4156 5 years ago

Ha!

#4157 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

World poker tour

933abc35205f11b86407226dbe43e0b7d3aeb504~2 (resized).jpg933abc35205f11b86407226dbe43e0b7d3aeb504~2 (resized).jpg
#4158 5 years ago
stn_wheelfortune2 (resized).jpgstn_wheelfortune2 (resized).jpg
#4159 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Sorry, LED.
And yes Stern has been using them for years. Wheel of Fortune comes to mind.

wheel of fortune had a general dot matrix display above the playfield. was it used for ball save counter?

#4160 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

wheel of fortune had a general dot matrix display above the playfield. was it used for ball save counter?

dood just admit that you got it wrong and move on.

#4161 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Looks cool, another solid release from Stern. As I said, I was out before it was revealed, nothing has miraculously changed my mind, still not buying it. But good work to the team, really.
I want to see the black and white Prem in person, I applaud the idea still.
I've had the stream running for a while now, I'm pretty sick of the sound. The laugh track especially is grating. Not a fan of all the random TV clips, just feels like a salad to me. Music is getting old too. But in terms of theme integration it does a good job. I like it a lot better than say Guardians of the Galaxy.
My initial verdict: looks like a fun location game, lots of detail, good work, and if you're a fan of the show you should be happy I'd think. Not ready to call it any kind of big hit outside of that, but I have no idea how many people fall into that fan of the show bucket. Curious to see what the reaction to it is like in a month, when the hype settles some.
Also, I realize Scott didn't invent putting segment displays in playfields, but someone at Stern needs to buy him something nice for using that idea in the lower playfield.

+1 on Aurich. LE looks great.
I’m sure with updates the constant laugh tracks and looping/randomness will mesh better.

#4162 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Look again. Right on the playfield.

Time to give up dude.

#4163 5 years ago

Digging the Centaur / Elektra vibe on the Premium. Not fond of the 'colourised' art style on the others. I wasn't a fan of the AC/DC lower playfield but this one looks like it properly belongs there, to the point where the playfield is a bit Borgatron 9000 without it.

#4164 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

+1 on Aurich. LE looks great.
I’m sure with updates the constant laugh tracks and looping/randomness will mesh better.

I love the laugh track! Feels like you're playing a 60's sitcom!

#4165 5 years ago

Good lord, Stern white knights, pull your horses up. It's okay that they probably took inspiration from TNA, pinball is like that. Scott took ideas from past games too, that's how this hobby of ours works. Stern didn't steal anything, Scott didn't invent segmented displays, it's just a little funny tip of the hat to mention it, big deal.

I'm officially sick of the sound enough that I closed the stream. That laugh track idea is bad, there's just no sugar coating it, playing it over and over and over like that is grating. If I was considering the game the sound would be enough to make me out. Very repetitive feeling. Music theme repeats a ton, sound effects repeat and are very on top of the mix sounding, really stick out. TV clips are just random sound board, there's no reason to hear them except people expect them. Sound design is hard, but so key. I can ignore art I don't really like, but sound I don't is very hard to ignore.

But if you're a fan of the show maybe you get the tingles hearing it all, I dunno. Ah well, ready for hype train next, what do you have to move onto already Stern?

#4166 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

It doesn't appear the LED counter on Munsters is a ball save anyway, just a timer for when the basement (lower playfield) mode is over.

#4167 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That laugh track idea is bad, there's just no sugar coating it, playing it over and over and over like that is grating

I think it's the best thing they've ever done, it makes me happy! Laugh track is pushing me toward a purchase!

#4168 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think it's the best thing they've ever done, it makes me happy! Laugh track is pushing me toward a purchase!

Enjoy it, happy to come play it and then go home to not listen to it anymore!

#4169 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What’s the point of 4 buttons if you can’t play them both at once? I assumed that would be included.

I got to a mode where you had a multiball going on both playfields, total mayhem and I just ended up flipping all 4 continuously without any control whatsoever

#4170 5 years ago

Laugh track is quickly becoming this game's Abobolee-bo-bo

#4171 5 years ago

If this was a M*A*S*H pin there would be a FUCK OFF option for the laugh track in the European software release.

#4172 5 years ago

Anyone know what the zap button is used for?

#4173 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Good lord, Stern white knights, pull your horses up. It's okay that they probably took inspiration from TNA, pinball is like that.

You know you are "good lording" the wrong people, right?

No sensible person would take issue with ANYTHING in pinball being inspired by anything else, as it's ALL been done, decades over at this point. Pointing out a passing resemblence of something on a new game with something on an old one is pretty redundant at this point, and pretty sad when it's supposed to be clever.

People have been OBSESSED with the "lack of innovation" on Munsters since those ridiculous "Munster Bash" claims when those 50 DPI leaks were posted, and they aren't ready to give up now.

I haven't watched any streams or videos, but all I know is Munsters is a complete rehash of AC/DC, Monster Bash, Family Guy, and now TNA.

Wow, that's a lot of shit to rip off in one game! That seems innovative on it's own!

#4174 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Laugh track is quickly becoming this game's Abobolee-bo-bo

Not even remotely. Bobalee Bobo sucks cuz it's a bad voice actor imitating Rooker horribly. Munsters had a laugh track. It fits the theme perfectly.

I keep noticing more excellent touches. Love the xylophone sound that goes with the left ramp shot...it's like the ball action is scored live. Perfect!!!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4176 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not even remotely. Bobalee Bobo sucks cuz it's a bad voice actor imitating Rooker horribly. Munsters had a laugh track. It fits the theme perfectly.
I keep noticing more excellent touches. Love the xylophone sound that goes with the left ramp shot...it's like the ball action is scored live. Perfect!!!!

The EM sounds in the pops are a nice touch too.

You can argue the merit and fit of the laugh track all you want (I won't even argue it that much because some degree of laugh track is necessary to make the game feel authentic to the show), however, the backlash I'm seeing at the use of it right now is equally on par with Abobolee-bo-bo.

#4177 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

the backlash I'm seeing at the use of it right now is equally on par with Abobolee-bo-bo.

Yeah but the backlash regarding "Abobolee bo bo" was justified, it sucked in the movie and was 10x worse in the pin. The laugh track sounds just fine.

#4178 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Premium is the winner. You heard it here first. I’ll quote myself later...

Just checking back in to see if I was right.

#4179 5 years ago

At least Herman is a sculpt and not printed on flat plastic.

#4180 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Elektra, it wasn't on the playfield.. but same idea

#4181 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

You can argue the merit and fit of the laugh track all you want (I won't even argue it that much because some degree of laugh track is necessary to make the game feel authentic to the show), however, the backlash I'm seeing at the use of it right now is equally on par with Abobolee-bo-bo.

It annoys you or it doesn't. I think sound is one of those things that's tricky, because it's hard to 'not hear', as opposed to just getting used to say an art package you don't love. It's IMO the biggest weakness with most homebrew pins, and after getting to work with David Thiel I have a new respect for how carefully he thinks through all of the sound.

I had the stream on for a while, over an hour probably, and that's a long time to just listen to something you're not playing. Not really a real world test. But at the same time you like what you like, and you're annoyed by what you're annoyed by. And the sound got really old fast to me. I wouldn't want to hear it all the time at home myself.

#4182 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm officially sick of the sound enough that I closed the stream.

Yep, I had to close it, too. They need to balance that mix and VASTLY reduce the laughter and FX volume. Some longer music or different music would be helpful, too.

#4183 5 years ago

I’d be on the phone ordering one because it looks fun, but I have given up on new Stern purchases based on Sterns lack of customer service and caring. So count me out.
Not paying that kind of money to get disrespect from Stern.

#4184 5 years ago

have we counted the solenoids yet?

#4185 5 years ago
Quoted from soapblox:

have we counted the solenoids yet?

I think the new metric is counting standup targets.

#4186 5 years ago

Got to admit my fears for the black and white Prem were misguided. But, then I kind of felt put in my place as soon as someone said "Centaur"... I love the look of that game and I hope to own one... Someday... Speaking about owning something...
I do think that this might be 3rd next game... If I budget my money right... I should be able to get a Ghostbusters around June... Elvira around Halloween(provided it launches around then), and I'm hoping sometime around this time next year a Munsters Prem.
Man what a pretty game. Seems to have a lot going on. I think they used the right clips... And the only thing that bugs me, if the playfield needs more Lilly and Marilyn...
With that being said... Where could they put them... There is no room. And I still like the art on the playfield. It's tight, but it work and not bombarding you.
I also think for my tastes this is the first time the PREM has the best overall art package.
I think best backglass, best cab hands down. Will have to add custom Lilly and Marilyn insert cards... But, that is a small matter.

#4187 5 years ago

I retract that comment. Definitely just had a multiball mode with both playfields active at the same time!

Quoted from ctl723:

It's certainly possible that it's there, and I just couldn't figure out how to make it happen.

#4188 5 years ago

Both ramps in this game are cool as hell and in completely different ways.

#4189 5 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

I retract that comment. Definitely just had a multiball mode with both playfields active at the same time!

I was wondering if they would do that. As otherwise the 4 flippers would be wasted... Just super cool concept.

#4190 5 years ago

Didn't see it posted, but CES today is not open to public. That starts tomorrow. That would explain why not so many people around. It's absolutely packed there on the days where everyone is present.

#4191 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think the new metric is counting standup targets.

Hey, don't go using our way to count. Stick to imperial.

#4192 5 years ago

Nice!

Stewie mini.jpgStewie mini.jpg
#4193 5 years ago

The man himself!

#4194 5 years ago

I'm sure no one cares about what little old me thinks. But I'm a premium buyer typically. The black and white premium is VERY polarizing. For me I want the color, with the lower playfield. And I can't get it without $9000 in on the limited edition. AND I have to order it before I can even play it.

So I guess I'm out on the whole thing, unless Stern some day makes a color premium.

My 2c as an average joe consumer.

#4195 5 years ago

Folks are comparing FG Stewie pf to Munsters. From video Munsters seems to have steel ball, possibly 3/4". Way better than the plastic crap ball on FG imo.

Anyone know size?

#4196 5 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Folks are comparing FG Stewie pf to Munsters. From video Munsters seems to have steel ball, possibly 3/4". Way better than the plastic crap ball on FG imo.
Anyone know size?

FGY has a metal ball, NOT plastic. If you played one with plastic, the owner changed it.

#4197 5 years ago

I might have considered the Premium if it would have been color.

Black & White fine for some I'm sure , but it doesn't grab me. Just personal preference.

#4198 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I might have considered the Premium if it would have been color.

It has color. From the lighting....and on some text & toys. Looks incredible!

#4199 5 years ago

The black and white doesn't look nearly as bad as i thought it would, matter of fact it looks BAD ASS and it fits the theme nicely!!

The gameplay looks fun as do the animations and Chris Franchi KILLED IT on the artwork, color and black and white both. This game is going to be a big seller for Stern.

Beautiful game for sure. This or a MBR SE......hmm

#4200 5 years ago

Seems like another gaurdians of the galaxy that will soon be forgotten. Stern isn't using the screen very well. Still can't compare in any aspect to JJPOTC.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
5,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/84?hl=rasavage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.