(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 164.
#4101 5 years ago

I know people hate these comparisons, but it's got a very similar layout to Medieval Madness. I'm really digging the gray scale artwork too. Looks sharper than I thought it would and it pays a nice respect to the original show.

#4102 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

That PRO looks simply beautiful man!

I so agree, I think the artwork on the pro is the best of the 3, but I feel like I would need 5o buy one with the lower playfield. Arghhhh decision, decisions.

#4103 5 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

it's got a very similar layout to Medieval Madness

I got the same impression.

#4104 5 years ago

Looks cool, will pick on up on the secondary market if it proves to be fun and code complete by then

#4105 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They forgot to put anti-reflective glass on grandpa's lab, but even the main PF glass isn't reducing the glare that much.
Typical Stern half-assed web update. The Munsters feature matrix is still called "Deadpool Features Matrix."
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Munsters-Features-Matrix.pdf

Anything new on the Kapow website?!

#4106 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Anything new on the Kapow website?!

This isn't officially a Kapow release, is it? You really need to lay off this obsession with Kapow. Batman is NOT calling you.

#4107 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This isn't officially a Kapow release, is it? You really need to lay off this obsession with Kapow. Batman is NOT calling you.

Kapow or not Kapow it doesn't matter.

It's these half-ass web site updates that are killing me!!!

It's almost like Stern has bigger fish to fry, like releasing a game every couple of months!

#4108 5 years ago

So it looks like all three models physically are the same on the top playfield.

#4109 5 years ago

Looks great. The sounds remind why I haven't watched The Munsters in 34 years, though.

#4110 5 years ago

I hope that mini lower playfield is better than the Family Guy mini pinball machine. I hated that thing when I owned Family Guy. From that perspective alone, I would probably go Pro on this one.

Game looks good....hope it is a hit for Stern!

#4111 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

false. Pro has no lower playfield

#4112 5 years ago

Man I'm damn tempted by the premium for the first time in my life

I love the black and white

#4113 5 years ago

I’d be afraid that it’s going to play similar to the family guy lower playfield which was not satisfying at all in my opinion.

#4114 5 years ago

I’d be afraid that it’s going to play similar to the family guy lower playfield which was not satisfying at all in my opinion.

Hahaha!

#4115 5 years ago

Good point. The LE/Premium will rise or fall on whether the lower playfield is fun/rewarding to play.

#4116 5 years ago

Missing Zorbo and Creetch on playfield. (Not sure if thats the actual characters' names.

#4117 5 years ago

I watched some of the stream. The video and laugh tracks are killing it for me. Seems like a jumbled mess. Turn the sound off and the game looks great.

#4118 5 years ago

My kids LOVE "mini pinball" play fields. They'll eat it up.

I don't mind the Family Guy / Shrek playfield but you're right. There aren't any satisfying shots. Mostly b/c the ball is too small to have weight or "feel". If you watch the gameplay in the stream, even the mini flippers flip "fast". It's like watching an old video of Babe Ruth running the bases.

Quoted from DCFAN:

Good point. The LE/Premium will rise or fall on whether the lower playfield is fun/rewarding to play.

I think it was smart to put a multi-ball in the lower playfield. Looks like if you complete all shots, you get a mini multi-ball. Makes the playfield a lot more engaging.

#4119 5 years ago

Looks cool, another solid release from Stern. As I said, I was out before it was revealed, nothing has miraculously changed my mind, still not buying it. But good work to the team, really.

I want to see the black and white Prem in person, I applaud the idea still.

I've had the stream running for a while now, I'm pretty sick of the sound. The laugh track especially is grating. Not a fan of all the random TV clips, just feels like a salad to me. Music is getting old too. But in terms of theme integration it does a good job. I like it a lot better than say Guardians of the Galaxy.

My initial verdict: looks like a fun location game, lots of detail, good work, and if you're a fan of the show you should be happy I'd think. Not ready to call it any kind of big hit outside of that, but I have no idea how many people fall into that fan of the show bucket. Curious to see what the reaction to it is like in a month, when the hype settles some.

Also, I realize Scott didn't invent putting segment displays in playfields, but someone at Stern needs to buy him something nice for using that idea in the lower playfield.

#4120 5 years ago

Quoted from mkecasey:

false. Pro has no lower playfield

By top I think he meant everything except the lower playfield. Glad Stern isnt cheapening out the pro by removing little things (like when they removed spinner from walking dead pro). Thye could have removed the spot bash toy but glad they left it on pro.

#4121 5 years ago

Really loving that Premium!

Kudos to Stern for taking a bit of a risk.

#4122 5 years ago
SmartSelect_20190108-151702_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20190108-151702_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20190108-151740_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20190108-151740_Chrome (resized).jpg
#4123 5 years ago

Whats with the giant side targets... cost cutting move or can they actually detect different hits?

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 2.33.23 PM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2019-01-08 at 2.33.23 PM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2019-01-08 at 2.35.00 PM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2019-01-08 at 2.35.00 PM (resized).jpg
#4124 5 years ago

A few thoughts

Black and White Premium looks KILLER!!!

Gosh Bless Jack, Zach and Gary for the makeup presentation. Very fun!

Lower playfield looks like a blast to play. I think if used judiciously, it’ll be great fun! Multiball?! Wow. Love how it’s not just a shoehorned in pinball gimmick. It’s “Grandpa’s Machine”!!

John Borg for the win... Again!!!

#4125 5 years ago

Have they said how they're shipping these? Is it a LOOOOOONG rollout like Iron Maiden between the Pro and Premiums?

#4126 5 years ago

I keep on hearing what sounds like Paul Lynde. Is he one of the voices being used? He appeared in several Munsters episodes.

#4127 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I've seen pictures and it is definitely black and white. You can get the color version with the lower PF if you buy the LE.

I'll pass on the LE. I'll likely get used to the B&W premium but I will hold out a while to see if a color version gets released. I may not be a buyer until much later this year. Waiting to see if it or Kingpin grabs me more.

#4128 5 years ago

Theme does less than nothing for me but the art on the Premium looks great, love the effect.

#4129 5 years ago

Is the ball in the lower the same size as Stewie or bigger? A half-size ball would still have some weight to it and play better - Stewie play never really did much for me.

#4130 5 years ago

What do the extra two flipper buttons do? Are they just for the lower playfield or is it to control some kind of magnets? Are there magnets in the game like in TaF or just the one in front of Herman?

#4131 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Is the ball in the lower the same size as Stewie or bigger? A half-size ball would still have some weight to it and play better - Stewie play never really did much for me.

I was just watching the video stream it looks to play exactly like the family guy lower playfield. Small ball and small flippers but with a multi-ball option.

#4132 5 years ago

Well one of my wishes for the machine came true. Zombo is in it!!!!!

Screenshot_20190108-142552_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190108-142552_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#4133 5 years ago
Quoted from ninjedi:

Whats with the giant side targets... cost cutting move or can they actually detect different hits?[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like there are only two switch stacks, one at each end of the target. Dragula I kind of get since there wasn't space for 7 full size targets. Lily could easily have been individual targets.

#4134 5 years ago

Laugh track is all I hear.. The whatever happened to Eddie music will get old fast. I have never been a lower playfield guy. Maybe a pro on this one for me.

Overall looks good..

#4135 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks like there are only two switch stacks, one at each end of the target. Dragula I kind of get since there wasn't space for 7 full size targets. Lily could easily have been individual targets.

Individual spot targets are no longer necessary. BOM you know...

#4136 5 years ago

I also hear Batman 66 and Ghostbusters i think.

#4137 5 years ago

innovative

162146e9f853283613c070f934fadf8c878de416 (resized).png162146e9f853283613c070f934fadf8c878de416 (resized).png
#4138 5 years ago

Just had a chance to play for a bit on both the Premium and LE. The black and white art package didn't do it for me, but the LE is gorgeous. Didn't have a chance to really learn the rules, but the layout is great and I had a lot of fun with the mini playfield (it seems to stay live during play, would be cool if there was a way to kick out a ball down there and play both at the same time with all four buttons). I have no personal connection to the theme, but it feels well executed and like a really complete package. This wasn't even on my radar, but I think I'm going to order an LE.

As a bonus, the whole Stern crew is here and they're all super nice and welcoming people who are excited to talk shop. In particular, I really enjoyed talking with George Gomez about the Beatles layout. It was my first time playing that game as well, and the drop targets on the left are pretty cool with the "sneak in" shot to the target behind.

#4139 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

innovative[quoted image]

Stern has had mini-LCD screens on the playfield years before TNA.

#4140 5 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

I had a lot of fun with the mini playfield (it seems to stay live during play, would be cool if there was a way to kick out a ball down there and play both at the same time with all four buttons).

What’s the point of 4 buttons if you can’t play them both at once? I assumed that would be included.

#4141 5 years ago

Curious as to what all of you think of needing to extra sets of buttons for the lower playfield.

Just cutting the power the the lower flippers seemed to work fine for AC/DC. Is there a gret advantage to 4?

#4142 5 years ago

It's certainly possible that it's there, and I just couldn't figure out how to make it happen.

Quoted from Aurich:

What’s the point of 4 buttons if you can’t play them both at once? I assumed that would be included.

#4143 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Neither one of those is a mini-LCD

#4144 5 years ago

Awesome release! Looks like a lot of fun. All models look pretty good but still not sure about the B&W premium. Cool Stern is trying something different to give each model a unique look. Pro looks pretty solid but the LE really looks nice. No way I am paying that kind of money, though. I don't care one bit about the whole limited scheme.

#4145 5 years ago

And there's the first Stern pinball I would consider buying. I'm not a big fan of the theme, but I love the layout, and the mini playfield looks complete like a real mini pinball not just a few targets and spinners but a mini vuk, a ramp, a multiball.

The bummer is that the Premium is B&W, so the only way to get both colors and the mini pf is to go Le, 9.000$ too much for me.

2019 is going to be the year of tough choices (or winning the lottery)

#4146 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

innovative[quoted image]

I'm thinking Toyotaboy has never played Starship Troopers. Or Medusa?

#4147 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

yea, and people have been selling lcd mods long before that.. stern never put a display IN the playfield, and certainly not specifically a counter for an area of the playfield.. so no they havent.

#4148 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Do you think during multiball, if ya get one down there, then you’d have the challenge of keeping the upper and lower playfields going...maybe that’s the reason for 2 sets of buttons.

#4149 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

yea, and people have been selling lcd mods long before that.. stern never put a display IN the playfield, and certainly not specifically a counter for an area of the playfield.. so no they havent.

World Poker Tour? Wheel of Fortune?

#4150 5 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Neither one of those is a mini-LCD

Quoted from toyotaboy:

Sorry, LED.

And yes Stern has been using them for years. Wheel of Fortune comes to mind.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/83?hl=uberarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.