(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 164.
#4051 5 years ago

Is the layout the same or close to MB?

#4052 5 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

Wonder why they use four flipper buttons on that game.
Maybe a mode where you have to play on on both the normal and lower PF at the same time?

Yes. So you could cradle on one and shoot on the other.

#4053 5 years ago

There were ball-save options in the menu when they adjusted the volume. Maybe they just turned it off for the stream.

#4054 5 years ago

B&W Premium is pretty cool; but my preference for the pf is the color LE.
All models look great IMO and I'm really looking forward to flipping this soon.

#4055 5 years ago

The light show was awesome decent flow too.

#4056 5 years ago

Vertical u turn on right ramp looks fun

#4057 5 years ago

I like it, if I had the disposable dough, I would certainly pick one of these up!
Great job Stern!

#4058 5 years ago

Pro

FB_IMG_1546976022973 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1546976022973 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1546976067500 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1546976067500 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1546976030348 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1546976030348 (resized).jpg
#4059 5 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Not having a ball save on a home machine is no big deal. Location play is much different when half the time the games aren't setup perfectly leading to cheap and infuriating drains... especially when plunking down a buck a play.

It's got ball save, they have it set to off.

#4060 5 years ago

Hmm.

Looks like it shoots well. Certainly way better than Deadpool, GotG, SW, Batman. But on the other hand it looks like yet another minor rejig or variation on their existing multitude of fan layouts.

Prefer the look of Pro pf. Art looks really crammed in (due to big pf window) on the Premium and LE. Not Franchi's greatest work, I don't think. Cabs and translites / backglasses look better, particularly on the black and white premium. I don't think the pf art has been adapted well at all to the lack of colour.

Lower pf looks fun, if very easy. More Stewie Pinball than AC/DC - which I guess is a good thing. Will get old quickly is my guess.

Sound is alright. Think they need to do some work on levels and ducking. Some sound effects drown everything else out and are much louder than others. Would be nice if they had more voice clips than constant generic bangs, crashes and clangs. Appears quite a bit has either been reused from Batman '66, or was collected from the cutting room floor; extremely similar.

TV show footage is fine on the LCD.

Original animations and renders mostly look like absolute arse imo.

Nothing terribly interesting rules wise, by the look of it, but it seems relatively finished.

Probably does well on location, but people sell quickly from home collections.

#4061 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Original animations and renders mostly look like absolute arse imo.

I think they look great, and Stern has improved in this area.

#4062 5 years ago

Wondering if there’s a topper for the LE included.

#4063 5 years ago

The lower playfield looks to be a huge improvement over AC/DC!

Plastic ramp, VUK with wireworm, bash toy, and multi-ball!

#4064 5 years ago

They may need to cut back on the theme song music intro playing so often. It will get grating quickly.

#4065 5 years ago

That setup could have used some invisiglass. The reflection from that column and ball above the booth ruins visibility on the middle of the playfield in the stream. NO ONE there noticed that at setup?

#4066 5 years ago

The Grandpa playfield callouts sound like Grover.

#4067 5 years ago

So they "borrowed" the ball save countdown timer on the PF between the flippers from TNA eh?

It's a great feature so don't blame them.

#4068 5 years ago

Digging the black and white! Separate set of flippers for the lower playfield could keep that area a bit more interesting in the long haul. Music is getting a bit monotonous.

#4069 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That setup could have used some invisiglass. The reflection from that column and ball above the booth ruins visibility on the middle of the playfield in the stream. NO ONE there noticed that at setup?

Jack just needs a portable black canopy he can put up over games with bad lighting when he's on location. The Multimorphic guys do that for their overhead cams at a lot of shows.

#4070 5 years ago

Code & animations look pretty polished for an initial reveal. Great lightshow. B&W version is unique & something new for a change. The mini-pin lower playfield is unique as well. Especially like the nixie tube numbers for the scoring display. Great theme integration here & looks fun to play. The theme implementation & artwork tie the whole thing together.

Another great job by Borg.... as usual. Looks like another Stern hit.

#4071 5 years ago

I like how when you hit Spot (under the ramp) it is like dropping the trap door on him to contain him.

#4072 5 years ago

Check back in 2020 for a topper

#4073 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Jack just needs a portable black canopy he can put up over games with bad lighting when he's on location. The Multimorphic guys do that for their overhead cams at a lot of shows.

Or just pull the one you're livestreaming AWAY FROM THE COLUMN. 3 feet would probably be plenty.

And the laughtrack frequency needs to be turned down. It's very annoying.

#4074 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Or just pull the one you're livestreaming AWAY FROM THE COLUMN. 3 feet would probably be plenty.

That solves one lighting situation. A canopy on a tripod in jacks gear solves EVERY lighting situation.

#4075 5 years ago

You guys think Elvira is still coming? Seems too similar to release the same year

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4076 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Pro
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That PRO looks simply beautiful man!

#4077 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

It costs a shit-ton of $$$ to be an exhibitor on a main floor of a trade show.
Floor space, location, custom booth, Union Workers to assemble/tear down that booth, storage of that booth, lodging/airfare/wine/dine. Lots of $$$.

I see 800+ people on Jack's stream, 1054 Pinsiders online at this moment, and no "civilians" in the booth.

#4078 5 years ago

So glad i'm on le

#4079 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I see 800+ people on Jack's stream, 1054 Pinsiders online at this moment, and no "civilians" in the booth.

A lot of us are on both a the same time.

#4080 5 years ago

I think they all look great but I am LOVING the B&W version the most. It looks clean & classy, true to the license, and I like how the color splashes come from the LED lighting vs. the "artificial color" of the color versions. I think the art of the characters & composition of the translite/cab are the best of the bunch.

Good reveal!

#4081 5 years ago

I'm guessing the Herman bash toy is the same mech as the Well walker right? I don't see any drop targets in the game at all. Is there a spinner?

Overall looks pretty cool.

#4082 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

and no "civilians" in the booth.

Except for the older gentleman who was hitting both flippers at the same time when he got to play it...

#4083 5 years ago

Lower playfield looks awesome, but the gameplay down there doesn't do it for me. But visually, they all look great. It's a matter of how many games I need to sell to get one.

#4084 5 years ago

Looks good. I hope both versions are available for play come Arcade Expo 5

#4085 5 years ago

Looking at the bash toy placement, Herman Munster will need a “ball saver”.

#4086 5 years ago

Anyone know the street price on this game?

#4087 5 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I hope both versions are available for play come Arcade Expo 5

what if zach brings one with him from vegas to INDISC this weekend ?

#4088 5 years ago

B&W is awesome! Layout does reflect AC/DC, but there is only so much you can do with a fan layout. Hopefully we see some more daring layouts in the future, but that’s a risk...it may not go over and be a major bomb. A little more risk would be welcome, not just different graphics.

#4089 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Anyone know the street price on this game?

Same as Deadpool.

#4090 5 years ago

So how many Le's are they producing for this one?

#4091 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They were playing an LE isnt that supposed to have the Stern version of invis-glass?

#4092 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

500 according to the matrix

#4093 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

They were playing an LE isnt that supposed to have the Stern version of invis-glass?

The main does, but the mini pf doens't. That's where it is reflecting.

#4094 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Are you getting one? I'm totally coming over if you do.

#4095 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

#4096 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think they all look great but I am LOVING the B&W version the most. It looks clean & classy, true to the license, and I like how the color splashes come from the LED lighting vs. the "artificial color" of the color versions. I think the art of the characters & composition of the translite/cab are the best of the bunch.
Good reveal!

Yep. I'll eat crow here and say the B&W version looks really good, even though it's grayscale. The judicious use of color really amplifies the impact. The Pro looks garish by comparison, which is surprising.

They put a Jack Danger flipper code video in the game? A little much, especially since he essentially has nothing to say except, "hey, I'm in here!"

#4097 5 years ago

So no show voice call outs?

Edit: just heard Herman and the curve ball call out. Not sure what it has to do with anything, but at least there are some.

#4098 5 years ago

Ok. Just saw the promo video. This pin looks awesome! I love the mini playfield!

#4099 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

They forgot to put anti-reflective glass on grandpa's lab, but even the main PF glass isn't reducing the glare that much.

Typical Stern half-assed web update. The Munsters feature matrix page is called "Deadpool Features Matrix_v - Munsters-Features-Matrix.pdf" like someone edited the tag, but didn't delete the Deadpool one, just added to it.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Munsters-Features-Matrix.pdf

#4100 5 years ago

You can’t go wrong with any of them. All three look great!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.