(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 8,160 posts
  • 659 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by jfh
  • Topic is favorited by 134 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 949 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg
20190318_212407 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8160 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 164.
#301 8 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

And IM and MET aren't bad either!
Yep - really looking forward to Munsters. Can't wait for the "Bicycle Girl"-like shot on Spot under the lifting staircase!

That would fit the theme perfectly. And add a subway to grandpas lab.‍♂️

#302 8 months ago

Guys why do i have this feeling that The Munsters is going to be something super special like IMDN is? Im trying not to get my hopes up too much because i dont want to get let down but this pin has so much potential because of what can be done with the theme and who the people are that are involved in it, that i can't help to be excited about it! I cant wait to see this game.

u-g-P6E9KP0 (resized).jpg
#303 8 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

And IM and MET aren't bad either!
Yep - really looking forward to Munsters. Can't wait for the "Bicycle Girl"-like shot on Spot under the lifting staircase!

Don't forget GOTG too... Now that the the code is getting more polished it really is turning into a great game!

#304 8 months ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Don't forget GOTG too... Now that the the code is getting more polished it really is turning into a great game!

Unfortunately GotG got the stink of a bad game due to poor software and now kind of has X-MEN-itis. XMEN LE is a pretty great game now, but prices never recovered because people only remembered it sucking for so long before they fixed it.

#305 8 months ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Was he in, its about time....?

Yep.

...and being the classic TV geek that I am, I own the series box set.

You know you're old if you can recite the playground riff on the theme song.

#307 8 months ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Pretty sure the high resale of LOTR keeps his average respectable.

Only thing that makes LOTR great is Keefer's code and contributions.

#308 8 months ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Nonsense.

Game shoots amazingly. Never even had a chance to get into the code, my impressions were all on the mechanics.

#309 8 months ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Eh, I'd give Gomez credit on LotR, for sure. It's his best-shooting Stern game by a mile. Nothing else he's done at Stern comes close.

#310 8 months ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Nonsense.
Game shoots amazingly. Never even had a chance to get into the code, my impressions were all on the mechanics.

LotR has it all, theme, code and layout/toys.

#311 8 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Eh, I'd give Gomez credit on LotR, for sure. It's his best-shooting Stern game by a mile. Nothing else he's done at Stern comes close.

I may be alone, but Transformers is a great shooting game. It gets a bad rap, but it is really fun.

#312 8 months ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I may be alone, but Transformers is a great shooting game. It gets a bad rap, but it is really fun.

You're pretty close to alone with that assessment, I think. But that doesn't mean you can't like it.

#313 8 months ago
Quoted from Jodester:

You are not alone there. My wife and I loved that game (2). We sold it to some really nice people (4) that just love it too. So there is definitely 6 of us that really like Transformers!

#314 8 months ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I agree with you Jodester i love my transformers i think it's a good shooting game with cool toys and with good music and actual voices form the movies my only complaint is they could have done better with the artwork.

#316 8 months ago

I like Transformers too! Lol

#317 8 months ago

I wonder how the Munsters Koach will be incorporated...looking forward to seeing it used

Munster Koach (resized).jpg

#318 8 months ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

I wonder how the Munsters Koach will be incorporated...looking forward to seeing it used
[quoted image]

A matchbox toy sitting right next to a store bought bobble head of Grandpa

#319 8 months ago

Well, they sure as hell aren’t getting my 1 of 12,000 limited edition Grandpa Munster!

641A3FC3-C9A9-4158-AA73-7B7363AF4B29 (resized).jpeg

Gotta come HARD on this beloved franchise Stern.
If I see Spot, Herman, Lily, or Eddie on a spring with double ninja swords while rear-docking a Tie Fighter, I’m gonna get all mofo dubstep crazy on yo’ a$$!

#320 8 months ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

[quoted image]

Ball lock ala Police Force would be my guess.

Quoted from NimblePin:

If I see Spot, Herman, Lily, or Eddie on a spring with double ninja swords while rear-docking a Tie Fighter, I’m gonna get all mofo dubstep crazy on yo’ a$$!

Springs are cheap, easy to fix, and require no electronics. Get ready!

#321 8 months ago

If its built with quality and real artwork yes, but thats not the direction Sterns heading.I know I will get the thumbs down but my new AFMLE and DI limited are beautifully made,I dont like stuff done on the cheap.</blockquo

Unfortunately, I agree.

#322 8 months ago
Quoted from hoby1:

A matchbox toy sitting right next to a store bought bobble head of Grandpa

But that last software update 6 years from now will really make the game great.

#323 8 months ago
Quoted from PW79:

But that last software update 6 years from now will really make the game great.

Haven't you heard? Stern has only been releasing complete games for awhile?

I assumed Stern had been upping the percent complete of their software at release, just as they have been improving other aspects. So I pulled a list and other than Maiden, it needs to go back further than 2013 before I can find an instance of a Stern game that released with complete code.
For that reason, Maiden earns Stern's lifetime achievement award - games that didn't suck.

IMG_0518 (resized).PNG

I am optimistic for Stern with their staff, that Maiden will be the first point in a new trend - of only releasing games that are fully baked. It is the right way to lead and resources are now in place. If I were a hipster, I'd drive my weinnermobile to Chicago and pursue a career at Stern or elsewhere in the pinball field. So Deadpool is complete, right Stern? and Munsters will be complete, right Stern?

#324 8 months ago

Here are the different works of Christopher Franchi for Moebius on The Munsters. I think that gives a good indication of what can be expected for this pinball in terms of artworks.

16MMB02_Herman (resized).jpg16MMB03_Grandpa (resized).jpg
#325 8 months ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Here are the different works of Christopher Franchi for Moebius on The Munsters. I think that gives a good indication of what can be expected for this pinball in terms of artworks.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ohhh.....that is just beautiful and i hope that we see something like that!!! I could absolutely live with that art there for sure.

#326 8 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Guys why do i have this feeling that The Munsters is going to be something super special like IMDN is? Im trying not to get my hopes up too much because i dont want to get let down but this pin has so much potential because of what can be done with the theme and who the people are that are involved in it, that i can't help to be excited about it! I cant wait to see this game. [quoted image]

I'm nobody but I've heard rumblings from others who have connections that this game is set to wow you. Coding, looks etc..... It's going to impress.

I have absolutely no interest in this theme but I wanted to pass that along for those looking forward to it. I have very high expectations.

#327 8 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm nobody but I've heard rumblings from others who have connections that this game is set to wow you. Coding, looks etc..... It's going to impress.
I have absolutely no interest in this theme but I wanted to pass that along for those looking forward to it. I have very high expectations.

Ive heard the same thing delt31. Ive also seen a few people mention on here that it is going to have Kapow BM66 type pricing too and if that is true i just dont think i will be a buyer because that seriously ticks me off. Yeah its only 1500 more or whatever but im already at my limit pretty much right now and id probably just say screw it and not buy one. I hope those rumors arent true because this is really a dream theme for me kind of.

#328 8 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ive heard the same thing delt31. Ive also seen a few people mention on here that it is going to have Kapow BM66 type pricing too and if that is true i just dont think i will be a buyer because that seriously ticks me off. Yeah its only 1500 more or whatever but im already at my limit pretty much right now and id probably just say screw it and not buy one. I hope those rumors arent true because this is really a dream theme for me kind of.

I'll be waiting on a 2nd hand game. Already priced out of NIB and if it's Kapow pricing I might have to wait for a 3rd hand game. But I thought The Beatles was going to be the Kapow game not Munsters.

#329 8 months ago

Beatles is KaPow
Munsters is normal 3 tier release.

#330 8 months ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Beatles is KaPow
Munsters is normal 3 tier release.

Do you know for a fact that The Munsters is a normal 3 tier release or are you just assuming?

#331 8 months ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I'll be waiting on a 2nd hand game. Already priced out of NIB and if it's Kapow pricing I might have to wait for a 3rd hand game. But I thought The Beatles was going to be the Kapow game not Munsters.

The Beatles is definitely a Kapow game from what i understand. That is why i was surprised to hear that this game may have inflated pricing. It has been mentioned a few times in here that it could be that way, i just hope that its not true. That would be such a bummer.

#332 8 months ago

From the folks I have heard from this is a tier 3 game like the others.

#333 8 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

From the folks I have heard from this is a tier 3 gave like the others.

I pray that your sources are correct because i want this game so bad i cant stand it.

#334 8 months ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

The Munsters artwork that you shared makes me think that this machine could be a home run. (Art-wise, at a minimum!) Thanks for sharing!

#335 8 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Do you know for a fact that The Munsters is a normal 3 tier release or are you just assuming?

It is 3 tier.. art is gonna blow your mind

#336 8 months ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

It is 3 tier.. art is gonna blow your mind

Awesome! I cant help but to smile when i hear stuff like this but im trying to keep my hopes and expectations to a minimum in fear of being let down but i know that this game could be epic ao easily that its not even funny.

We better not get a Herman Munster bobblehead for a toy like the Deadpool one because this theme deserves much better than that. If i see something like that i may do something crazy like set all of my pins on fire!

#337 8 months ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Here are the different works of Christopher Franchi for Moebius on The Munsters.[quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool as well as encouraging - thanks!

#338 8 months ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

wow, fantastic, ill be happy with either one of these on the munsters pinball machine. bring it on please....

#339 8 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

From the folks I have heard from this is a tier 3 game like the others.

Is tier 3 LE, Premium, and Pro? If so what is Ka-Pow?

#340 8 months ago
Quoted from BigT:

If so what is Ka-Pow?

More expensive then the already expensive shit

#341 8 months ago
Quoted from BigT:

Is tier 3 LE, Premium, and Pro? If so what is Ka-Pow?

Kapow just doesn't have a Pro level and instead adds a Super LE.

#342 8 months ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

art is gonna blow your mind

It would be so great if they made everything 100% b&w. That custom TZ looks amazing.

#343 8 months ago

I imagine we will see a lot of purple, black , green and red as well

#344 8 months ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

It would be so great if they made everything 100% b&amp;w. That custom TZ looks amazing.

...I mentioned that too and I got executed by a few fellow Pinsiders. It will be nice something just different.... and if they are planning just Premium, L.E and SLE I don’t mind at all a SLE white with decals in black and white.

#345 8 months ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

and if they are planning just Premium, L.E and SLE I don’t mind at all a SLE white with decals in black and white.

That would be the Kapow Beatles, not the Munsters.

#346 8 months ago

A black n white pin would be sweet Look at centaur ! Outside the red
A colored Munsters ?
Color cabinet yes but display black n white . I wish Stern kept same cab
I like lining up my pins and cabs line up
Do entire game black n white

#347 7 months ago

I'm excited for Munsters

Bet a Stern Elvira or BM66 would look great next to it

Or both

#348 7 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I am optimistic for Stern with their staff, that Maiden will be the first point in a new trend - of only releasing games that are fully baked. It is the right way to lead and resources are now in place. If I were a hipster, I'd drive my weinnermobile to Chicago and pursue a career at Stern or elsewhere in the pinball field. So Deadpool is complete, right Stern? and Munsters will be complete, right Stern?

Whoops. Deadpool is back to Stern's trend of incomplete games shipping. 0.81 at launch. SURPRISE!

#349 7 months ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I'm sorry, but this looks like crap. It just doesn't quite look right. Anybody growing up with the Munsters knows this is garbage art.

#350 7 months ago

edit

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 150.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
8,900 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Corona, CA
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball USA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8160 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 164.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside