(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 164.
#3801 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Any guesses on how many posts we see on here between now and the reveal? I think if we try REAL hard, we can get another 1k in before any useful pics or vids get posted. Right now we are at a post a minute I think...

Pics will be rolling in soon!

#3802 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

b and w premium sucks!

I think it's awesome they're taking an artistic "risk" here. If you don't like the B&W Premium, guess what, you're actually not obligated to buy one! And you know once all LE's are shipped, they'll release a color Premium or maybe Vault one down the road.

I personally hope the B&W PF looks as nice as the cabinet and then a lot of people buy it... and then because all the anti-B&W people won't ever own one, that I can scoop up a B&W Premium on the cheapy in the 2nd hand market.

#3803 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I think it's awesome they're taking an artistic "risk" here. If you don't like the B&W Premium, guess what, you're actually not obligated to buy one! And you know once all LE's are shipped, they'll release a color Premium or maybe Vault one down the road.
I personally hope the B&W PF looks as nice as the cabinet and then a lot of people buy it... and then because all the anti-B&W people won't ever own one, that I can scoop up a B&W Premium on the cheapy in the 2nd hand market.

Exactly.

More choice is better.

Everyone used to complain about cookie cutter art and now there is a chance for something unique.

As ever though, does depend on execution.

#3804 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Marketing thoughts...

LE will have a large number and be full color...
Initial premium Black and White. Will sell well to most.
Pros full color.

***LEs sell out because people want all features AND color.*** Max profit. Ensures sellout, unlike Deadpool.

Later...
Premium release with LE full-color playfield.

I have zero idea this is correct but just wanted to add to the pure speculation of this thread.

#3805 5 years ago

I hear 800 LE’s

#3806 5 years ago

Can't wait to see black LED's.

#3807 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Can't wait to see black LED's.

The "None more black" frosted are my favorite.

black.gifblack.gif
#3808 5 years ago

In the food for thought category, has anyone considered this is just a massive CES PR stunt for general sales to the public, i.e. non-pinheads, and creating a buzz at CES? They are there to make waves in order to get some free PR buzz going, what not a better way than putting out a B&W version of your next big title? I think they are counting on the avant garde angle here and how a pinball company could be so bold to put out a B&W version of something that has for the most part, like 99.999999% of the time, been a Disney-esque pukefest of color, lights and sounds. This will make people stop, turn there heads sideways a little, and walk into the booth... a colorless pinball machine, thats just crazy... wait, it is kinda cool... hey I want one.

#3809 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

In the food for thought category, has anyone considered this is just a massive CES PR stunt for general sales to the public, i.e. non-pinheads, and creating a buzz at CES? They are there to make waves in order to get some free PR buzz going, what not a better way than putting out a B&W version of your next big title? I think they are counting on the avant garde angle here and how a pinball company could be so bold to put out a B&W version of something that has for the most part, like 99.999999% of the time, been a Disney-esque pukefest of color, lights and sounds. This will make people stop, turn there heads sideways a little, and walk into the booth... a colorless pinball machine, thats just crazy... wait, it is kinda cool... hey I want one.

Yes but don't tell anyone Bublehead, its all a Stern CES conspiracy to sell pinball machines. But please don't let anyone know our mad business plan. shhhh

Gary S

#3810 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

In the food for thought category, has anyone considered this is just a massive CES PR stunt for general sales to the public, i.e. non-pinheads, and creating a buzz at CES? They are there to make waves in order to get some free PR buzz going.

No, it had not occurred to me that Stern was taking part in CES to generate press for Munsters and their other products, perhaps in pursuit of a desire to sell more pinball machines and promote their "global lifestyle brand."

Thanks for the insight!

#3811 5 years ago

Wait wait wait you guys. You don't understand. Stern is using CES as an advertising platform. Don't let all the other companies there know. It's pinnovation.

#3813 5 years ago

Next they will start going to pinball shows to try and increase sales!

#3814 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

creating a buzz at CES

In the end, more buzz will be generated on Pinside than any other place, including CES.

I'd actually be curious how much money goes into Stern being at CES, and what that generates for them and compare that against Pinside (that costs them zero) and the sales generated here.

#3815 5 years ago

Lets just get on with the show already!

#3816 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

b and w premium sucks!

all those downvoters do you own or watch b/w tv?

#3817 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

In the end, more buzz will be generated on Pinside than any other place, including CES.
I'd actually be curious how much money goes into Stern being at CES, and what that generates for them and compare that against Pinside (that costs them zero) and the sales generated here.

It costs a shit-ton of $$$ to be an exhibitor on a main floor of a trade show.

Floor space, location, custom booth, Union Workers to assemble/tear down that booth, storage of that booth, lodging/airfare/wine/dine. Lots of $$$.

#3818 5 years ago

Not to be a buzzkill here, but any ideas on pricing? How many more ‘ less for more’ price hikes can we get?

#3820 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Not to be a buzzkill here, but any ideas on pricing? How many more ‘ less for more’ price hikes can we get?

Same pricing as Iron maiden and Deadpool

#3821 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Nope, only 500.

thanks gary!

#3822 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

all those downvoters do you own or watch b/w tv?

It's a beta male thing, you just wouldn't understand.

#3823 5 years ago

Gonna guess that B&W playfield now available for any model when ordering with Code: BWOPT
Pins will start going to the car option model sooner or later

#3824 5 years ago

When is the reveal?
Dont feel like searching 300+ posts.

#3825 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

It costs a shit-ton of $$$ to be an exhibitor on a main floor of a trade show.
Floor space, location, custom booth, Union Workers to assemble/tear down that booth, storage of that booth, lodging/airfare/wine/dine. Lots of $$$.

Yes, I'm sure we would be shocked at that number. And I'd be curious how Stern measures success at CES. Like, today at 11am at their booth, I'd be curious what the head count is at the big reveal, and compare that with the Pinside count.

If someone is there, please post a photo of the crowd around at the reveal, to give us an idea.

#3826 5 years ago

what time and where is the video broadcast today

#3827 5 years ago

Well it is good to see the we have enough conductors on the hype train express... sheesh. Wouldnt want a post with little to no merit to slip by all the keyboard warriors who are ready to pounce on your throat at a momments notice... as a matter of curiosity, I am crafting this post to actually maximize blood boiling. And it should start bubbling right about now...

#3828 5 years ago

90 minutes away, right?

#3829 5 years ago

I know everyone is wondering about playfield colors etc ! I’m hoping it’s a great player !!! Black n white , color
Just want 3 or more flippers , upper playfield? A shocker ! I’m in on a LE
Unless it’s turd then I’m
Bailing out . Come on Stern bring it !

#3830 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Same pricing as Iron maiden and Deadpool

Quoted from mnpinball:

Nope, only 500.

Any details on when each model will be built and ready to ship ?

#3831 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I know everyone is wondering about playfield colors etc ! I’m hoping it’s a great player !!! Black n white , color
Just want 3 or more flippers , upper playfield? A shocker ! I’m in on a LE
Unless it’s turd then I’m
Bailing out . Come on Stern bring it !

It’s Pinball. Make your expectations realistic.

#3832 5 years ago

I just hope it has at least 3 balls. If it's 2 balls I'm out. Same with the legs.

#3833 5 years ago
IMG_1409 (resized).JPGIMG_1409 (resized).JPG
#3834 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I just hope it has at least 3 balls. If it's 2 balls I'm out. Same with the legs.

3 legs?

#3835 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

What game is that on the floor? I think Zombi Yeti posted artwork like that a couple of months ago.

Are you sure it wasn't "Zombo" who posted it???? Get it? Get it????? Wow I'm a Munsters nerd, but come on, let's see this thing!!!!!!!!!

#3836 5 years ago

Due to the extreme hype and excitement created by a Munsters B&W pinball machine, Stern has decided to release all their pins with an option for Black & White in 2019!

66B37579-206E-46A0-9DBA-DE7712FBA691 (resized).jpeg66B37579-206E-46A0-9DBA-DE7712FBA691 (resized).jpeg848B7018-55E3-411E-9FD3-0EA2A2DF6051 (resized).jpeg848B7018-55E3-411E-9FD3-0EA2A2DF6051 (resized).jpeg

CBF5A3A0-480B-4D05-B4B3-5DB42B746E91 (resized).jpegCBF5A3A0-480B-4D05-B4B3-5DB42B746E91 (resized).jpeg
#3837 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Well it is good to see the we have enough conductors on the hype train express... sheesh. Wouldnt want a post with little to no merit to slip by all the keyboard warriors who are ready to pounce on your throat at a momments notice... as a matter of curiosity, I am crafting this post to actually maximize blood boiling. And it should start bubbling right about now...

It's just that my head is spinning from the idea that Stern is at CES to generate press and hype!

I wonder what other nefarious tricks they have up their sleeves!

#3838 5 years ago

Came because of the Munsters hype, stayed because ... I'm hyped

#3839 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Due to the extreme hype and excitement created by a Munsters B&W pinball machine, Stern has decided to release all their pins with an option for Black & White in 2019!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great, where to buy ???

Beatles Black Ice = $1 million. Hand stamped and numbered "One of One", this collectible is for the man who has everything but wants more. Buy it now and nobody else in the wide world will have one .... ever! White glove delivery for only $25k more and a happy ending is guaranteed.

#3840 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's just that my head is spinning from the idea that Stern is at CES to generate press and hype!
I wonder what other nefarious tricks they have up their sleeves!

I heard they were going to hire that Jared guy for social media but with a very tight muzzle and a shock collar.

#3841 5 years ago

God, how much would Guardians suck if it was in B&W.

#3842 5 years ago

When is the dead flip reveal?

#3843 5 years ago

Video from outside closed off Stern booth this morning!!!

#3844 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Hahaha! Great man! Lmao...

#3845 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Coz+photoshop+drinking=hilarity.

#3846 5 years ago

The ignore button is my new friend today

#3847 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The more people complain about a black and white version the more I hope Stern makes one
People on here have no vision. It could look AMAZING and would stand out in any arcade or basement.

If its black and white I think it will look terrible, if it's gray scale it might look good.

#3848 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

So I'm not the only one who feels this way. Good to know.

Screenshot_20190108-105847_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190108-105847_Chrome (resized).jpg
#3849 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

So I'm not the only one who feels this way. Good to know.
[quoted image]

Love him or hate him.

I’m in the meh category.

#3850 5 years ago

2pm eastern correct?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 39.00
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/77?hl=boodog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.