(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 164.
#3651 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

My guess is they open orders for all 3 machines tomorrow, but we will only see the Pro. Which just really sucks.
I'm supposed to place a pre-order on a LE or Premium that I can't see? Just like what happened with Iron Maiden.
Hoping it's not the case, and I can make a semi-informed decision tomorrow.
I can always wait 1-2 months until I can play a Premium. Which in my area is unlikely.

All 3 versions on display Tuesday.

Borg knocked this design out of the stratosphere! When’s the last time a lower pf had a ramp and a wireform ?

After the Gary Stern webinar today at 1:30 there’s stuff floating around because every single dealer had access to the information but I’m not going to be “that guy” and share dumb down pixelated pics or whatever. I’m gonna let Stern do the proper reveal the way it’s meant to be. Respect to John Borg, Christopher Franchi, Dwight and the whole team that worked on this fantastic game.

You guys can wait another half a day with Stern to do it right and Jack Danger have the Twitch feed reveal. It’s worth the wait.

#3652 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Borg knocked this design out of the stratosphere! When’s the last time a lower pf had a ramp and a wireform ?

Hmmmmm....interesting!!

#3653 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

...so basically the Pro is ultra gimped?

#3654 5 years ago

Ok, how the phunk does anyone know about ramps and wireforms on the lower pf?!? Pics or its all bull$pit.

#3655 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I am a 5 hours drive from Vegas... you do not know how badly I am fighting the urge to drive there tonight...

If you don’t have a ces badge you won’t be able to get in :/

#3656 5 years ago

Beatles is here as well and a ton of toppers....

#3657 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

If you don’t have a ces badge you won’t be able to get in :/

And one of the arguments the little freaking angel on my right shoulder keeps chucking at devil on my left.

#3658 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

...as well and a ton of toppers....

Which ones?

#3659 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok, how the phunk does anyone know about ramps and wireforms on the lower pf?!? Pics or its all bull$pit.

Because MNP knows Bubblehead

#3660 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

MNPinball is a Stern insider or just plain Stern!

#3661 5 years ago

Black and White playfield AND cabinet? I dunno...might wait for the Munsters Monsters re-do. If it's grayscaled color art, I'm out.

#3662 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm 100% out on this pin, nothing they show tomorrow will make me buy it, so I have zero emotional stake here. But I hope the black and white playfield part is true, and that it looks great, because it sounds like something that could be fun. If it's just the normal playfield art, but desaturated in Photoshop, that sounds pretty lame, I can't argue with that. But if it's actually designed for black and white, with some thought put into it? Why not?
Kinda surprised at how negative the reactions are already to something nobody has seen. The hype is there for the gameplay, and you haven't seen that either, so why the leap to negative?

My reaction was only in the context as to whether I'd buy one or not *if* the Premium is B&W. I love playing any kind of pinball, I love the theme, and I can still play it on location and have fun doing so. But I don't have to buy one to sit in my home if I don't like the art package. Right now it's all just speculation, so I'm just speculating..

#3663 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I can always wait 1-2 months until I can play a Premium. Which in my area is unlikely.

In a hurry? The pro and premium models will be in production for 3 years.

#3664 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

In a hurry? The pro and premium models will be in production for 3 years.

Nope. The smart consumer probably would wait until after TPF to see more of what 2019 has in store for us.

However, like most here, I'm always anxious for the next awesome pinball experience.

#3665 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Nope. The smart consumer probably would wait until after TPF to see more of what 2019 has in store for us.
However, like most here, I'm always anxious for the next awesome pinball experience.

And I would expect to see a pro and premium at TPF. I am glad to have a local distributor here in Houston, where I should be able to play both before TPF.

#3666 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

...so basically the Pro is ultra gimped?

Aren't most of them?

#3667 5 years ago

I turn 60 in two weeks, watched my dad die in September and mom still struggling with Alzheimer’s . What the heck, I’m buying three pins this year.... maybe all NIB. Life is short and I want to have some fun!

#3668 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I turn 60 in two weeks, watched my dad die in September and mom still struggling with Alzheimer’s . What the heck, I’m buying three pins this year.... maybe all NIB. Life is short and I want to have some fun!

That's how I got into the hobby.

Condolences.

#3669 5 years ago

Thanks.... my mom and dad; the best a kid could ever wish for!

This is a happy thread!

So, 11 AM Vegas time, we will finally know!

#3670 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Amen Budman! Lost my parents at a young age also. Its important to enjoy life as much as you can. Get that Munsters and tell us how it is!

#3671 5 years ago

Because the hype is approaching maximum i'm going to throw another conspiracy theory in the mix based on......f*ck all.

Munsters will launch with a B&W Premium and a gorgeous full colour LE and Pro. Everyone will go apeshit over the LE and it will sell out instantly (if it hasn't already). Just like they did with TWD on launch (insisting no premium), Stern will insist - "there is no other version of the premium - it's B&W or Pro for you non LE losers".

Everyone will be crying in their Weetbix (maybe Cherios for Americans).

3 weeks later Stern will release the best version of all 3 in an alternate full colour Premium.

Hype maximised, everyone happy.

#3672 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

another conspiracy theory in the mix based on......f*ck all

Based on reality and a solid dose of history you mean

#3673 5 years ago
hype-train-black-white-munsters (resized).jpghype-train-black-white-munsters (resized).jpg
#3674 5 years ago

Some of the hype is reaching shill-level.

#3675 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

Hahahahah!

#3676 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

excellent...but you MUST add a graph of sorts to pull it all together!!!!

#3677 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

to pull it all together!!!!

Like a rug?!?

#3678 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

excellent...but you MUST add a graph of sorts to pull it all together!!!!

Meh. Let's hold our horses until we see if it's grayscale art or actually black vector art, then we can chart sales.

BTW, Beatles store has sold 0 Gold machines in the last almost 6 weeks, but they're still trying to get some buzz at CES. Unfortunately the buzz they need is $2000 below where they are.

#3679 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

If you've been here for 3+ years and still don't know how to respect mnpinball's connections ... please refrain from posting till you catch up

#3680 5 years ago

BORGY THE —ing FLOW GRANDMASTER PINBALL WIZARD is about to kill it

#3681 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If you've been here for 3+ years and still don't know how to respect mnpinball's connections ... please refrain from posting till you catch up

Call me doubting Tomas, but I don’t believe anything I read on Pinside.

#3682 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Tune in tomorrow Bubbles. LOL

#3683 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Meh. Let's hold our horses until we see if it's grayscale art or actually black vector art, then we can chart sales.
BTW, Beatles store has sold 0 Gold machines in the last almost 6 weeks, but they're still trying to get some buzz at CES. Unfortunately the buzz they need is $2000 below where they are.

fair enough.....

#3684 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

It’s been speculated mnpinball is Gary Stern or some how connected to Gary Stern. But that’s speculation of course. On the other hand I’ve followed every stern hype thread since I’ve been on Pinside and so far everything mnpinball stated has usually been correct. I’m only using the word usually just in case I forgot something. Doubtful.

#3685 5 years ago

I do NOT want a black and white Munsters... there is NO reason to do it. The Munsters actually had color and bw during their run. The only reason reason to do black and white is I'm assuming they'll be using a lot of clips from the TV show in black and white. But there is also color clips they can use as well.

So I'm GUESSING here all the clips they use are black and white hence the black and white playfield. All the episodes have also been colorized.

Honestly the ONLY game I'd like to see with a black and white playfield is Universal Studios Monsters. Who wouldn't want a game based on all the Universal monsters with modes for Dracula, Frank, Creature, Invisible Man, Mummy and I'm not talking about Monster Bash. I'd love to see a game based on the classic monsters with clips from the movies.

I'm a no on black and white Munsters.

#3686 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Can you put this in layman’s terms for us non artist types.

#3687 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I do NOT want a black and white Munsters

So don't buy one.

What's with people getting ALL CAPS INDIGNANT about something they haven't even seen yet?

#3688 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Can you put this in layman’s terms for us non artist types.

He's saying did they toss the existing color art in Photoshop, press the black and white filter, and call it a day? Or is it specifically designed for black and white, with say higher contrast black and white line work, more like Centaur?

#3689 5 years ago

As a fan of the TV Show I'm kinda excited to see a Black & White version of The Munsters! It's how I remember the show as a kid. The color cabinet looks cool and well done but the art of the characters on the playfield in color....in the photos I've seen so far all look washed out....Almost like a Ted Turner Colorized version of The Munsters. And IMO that's a turn off! Hoping for the best tomorrow....can't wait!

#3690 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

BORGY THE —ing FLOW GRANDMASTER PINBALL WIZARD is about to kill it

HYPEY THE ---ing HYPE GRANDHYPER PINBALL HYPER is about to hype it!

#3691 5 years ago

The more people complain about a black and white version the more I hope Stern makes one

People on here have no vision. It could look AMAZING and would stand out in any arcade or basement.

#3692 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

HYPEY THE ---ing HYPE GRANDHYPER PINBALL HYPER is about to hype it!

And the award for the use of "HYPE" in one post goes too.....

Funny stuff...bring on this game!!

#3693 5 years ago

I would NEVER buy a black and white verison of a game that I’ve never seen unless it’s amazing and it’s limited but I may if it’s epic but if one of my grails show up within 500 miles from me before its released I may bail because it’s a grail pin for me that’s going to be bolted to the floor until Jaws or Bond or Wonka come out , then I’m in for the Collectors Edition unless it’s B/W but maybe I’ll buy used to avoid sales tax and the code matures.....
That’s what you all sound like, how do you function in other areas of life? Do you annoy random strangers when you buy a car or make any important decisions at work?

#3694 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I do NOT want a black and white Munsters...

I'm a no on black and white Munsters.

2qlpv4 (resized).jpg2qlpv4 (resized).jpg

#3695 5 years ago

Hey @thegunnett shout out to Altoona, Pa. That pretty much summed all the threads up I have been reading lately. Lol (born in Altoona btw)

#3696 5 years ago

What time is the live Twitch reveal? Can’t find that info...

#3697 5 years ago

I believe 11 AM Vegas time

#3698 5 years ago

The last 30 days have been F'n nuts!

Stern is building a Munsters pinball

Aerosmith 1.07 is dope as fuuuuuuuuuug

Missouri legalized marijuana

Popeye's chicken just opened by my house

Dang. Is my wife gonna turn into one of her hot friends too?

Can't wait to see what Munsters & Elvira offer. I might buy 3 games too. I'm turning 40, it aint 60 but it's still a good excuse!

#3699 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Hey @thegunnett shout out to Altoona, Pa. That pretty much summed all the threads up I have been reading lately. Lol (born in Altoona btw)

Do any of your posts ever make any sense? I really struggle to understand what you're on about most of the time.

#3700 5 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Do any of your posts ever make any sense? I really struggle to understand what you're on about most of the time.

It’s called “Buble babble” and it’s a thing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/74?hl=aukraut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.