(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 164.
#3501 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

LE is full color.

There you go!

End of discussion for me

#3502 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Not if the rumours that there is a B&W version are true, it’s already an asset they have created, they will have stock already and the line will already have both versions planned for builds.
Just add an extra LE to the mix, which wouldn’t be a first for Stern adding an additional release to a title it happened with TWD when they added the Prem after the demand for the LE was so great.

They order stock based on expected numbers... having stock doesn't mean excess.

Two... what you see as easy... stern and distributors see as a big expensive box they need to move...(sell)

#3503 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

They order stock based on expected numbers... having stock doesn't mean excess.
Two... what you see as easy... stern and distributors see as a big expensive box they need to move...(sell)

If they have a coloured model planned and a B&W model planned, they can order more of those assets if needed, that was my point, not that they have excess.

Besides Stern have done it before multiple times, adding a model for Stern is child’s play, it’s why they rule they rule the market.

#3504 5 years ago

2 more days ?

#3505 5 years ago

Cool

#3506 5 years ago

I grew up with Munsters black and white, just like I love Lucy. When I actually saw for the first time a color shot of a green Herman or a red headed Lucy I just about gagged. It looked awful. So why would any of you want a colored Munsters game? It makes no sense to me. I don't get all the love for Franci's colored Munsters artwork. It looks like an unlicensed knockoff of the real Herman anyway. He just doesn't capture the nuances of Herman quite right.

#3507 5 years ago

I'm glad this pin will be available with different art packages. There will be something for everyone. Any game with 4 flipper buttons is sure to please.

#3508 5 years ago

Easy solution: release a color version and a black and white version for all trim levels. That way you don’t alienate a potential buyer and give everyone the option to pick their color option. I personally haven’t seen the final art package yet, but definitely looking forward to the reveal.

#3509 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I grew up with Munsters black and white, just like I love Lucy. When I actually saw for the first time a color shot of a green Herman or a red headed Lucy I just about gagged. It looked awful. So why would any of you want a colored Munsters game?

Simply because the color artwork looks stunning. Why would anyone want a black and white hdtv?

#3510 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Easy solution: release a color version and a black and white version for all trim levels. That way you don’t alienate a potential buyer and give everyone the option to pick their color option. I personally haven’t seen the final art package yet, but definitely looking forward to the reveal.

That'll never happen - too much inventory to manage. But I really think an AC/DC LE-type split (LTBR / BiBLE) with a Herman LE in color and a Grandpa LE in B/W is the best way to go. I can't believe they'd do all the Premium playfields in B/W because it will turn a LOT of buyers off.

#3511 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Tell yourself the truth... the real reason you’re “Out”, is that you were never buying it in the first place!!

Insulting and disrespectful to the members of pinside. Lots of NIB buyers on here.

#3512 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Insulting and disrespectful to the members of pinside. Lots of NIB buyers on here.

Yea...just an ignorant statement....

On a positive note, hoping for a reveal in under 48 hours..whatever the hell it is...

#3513 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

That was the intention!! Haha.

Yes, there are LOTS of NIB buyers here, and there is an overwhelming negative chorus who just shit on everything, no matter what.

I’ve said it MANY times... I simply don’t get it. If you hate modern Sterns... why spend so much time in these threads?!

I personally LOVE these machines. I also love Early SS games, and a lot of EMs.

If I don’t like a game... I spend exactly ZERO time talking about it.

I’m very excited for Munsters. Can’t wait to see it in person, and flip it.

If somebody ISN’T interested in this release... what the hell are they doing here?!

I Know, I know. It’s a forum... people can say what they want. I GET that. I just don’t get why people focus on things they don’t like, instead of things they do.

Tuesday will come, and so will all the same reactions. I know I’m an idiot for wishing it was any different... or a glutton for punishment!

Bring on another new pin! I can’t wait to check it out!

#3514 5 years ago

What distributor usually gets the largest allotment of Sterns??

#3515 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yea...just an ignorant statement....
On a positive note, hoping for a reveal in under 48 hours..whatever the hell it is...

I feel terrible for insulting the collective wisdom of this hallowed ground.

Dude, give it a frikkin rest.

I am many things... but “Ignorant” isn’t one of them!

I just get tired of the relentless stream of “Reasons” why the latest thing I’m actually excited about has fallen short for people... before they’ve laid eyes on it, and WAY before they’ve flipped it.

Happy Flipping everybody. I can’t wait to see Munsters in person!

#3516 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

That was the intention!! Haha.
Yes, there are LOTS of NIB buyers here, and there is an overwhelming negative chorus who just shit on everything, no matter what.
I’ve said it MANY times... I simply don’t get it. If you hate modern Sterns... why spend so much time in these threads?!
If somebody ISN’T interested in this release... what the hell are they doing here?!
I Know, I know. It’s a forum... people can say what they want. I GET that. I just don’t get why people focus on things they don’t like, instead of things they do.
Tuesday will come, and so will all the same reactions. I know I’m an idiot for wishing it was any different... or a glutton for punishment!
Bring on another new pin! I can’t wait to check it out!

Umm...forget it...not worth the bandwidth ....Bears and Eagles now

#3517 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:That was the intention!! Haha.

Some people need to get a life! If they can't, they spend their time trying to spoil everyone else's life.

#3518 5 years ago

Munsters Stream Reveal Tonight?
Sure sounds like it to me!!
Jack Danger is the Man!!

#3519 5 years ago

I'll place my Crazy request vote and with this solution I would buy Any of the models. Munsters All color only the small Underplayfield and everything below is All in black and white like looking into an old TV. I would be sold!

#3520 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Umm...forget it...not worth the bandwidth ....Bears and Eagles now

Forgotten, moving on! I assume that was a football reference... sorry, I’m a hockey guy!

Hatchet buried. Sorry for the squabble everybody!

Back to Munsters. Oh ya... there’s no information yet!

I personally hope the Premium is the B&W. That would be my choice, and I don’t need it to be limited.

Plus, as somebody mentioned, Stern could always do a colour Premium release later.

#3521 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I'll place my Crazy request vote and with this solution I would buy Any of the models. Munsters All color only the small Underplayfield and everything below is All in black and white like looking into an old TV. I would be sold!

I love that Idea!!!
I'll repeat it.
Lower playfield is old school B&W.

#3522 5 years ago

I love healthy debate, probably more than Pinball. The reason I love talking about Pinball on this forum is that I can find contrasting opinions to my own and people that see things the way I do. Am I going to buy muns? After my IMLE, not a chance. Do I have opinions on perceived value? Yes. Do I love the idea of a b&w pf? Yes! Should anyone criticize others for enjoying healthy debate? I think not. Just bring critical.

#3523 5 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Jack Danger is the Man!!

Looks like good stuff happens soon at CES

EA41DB07-A04C-4DEA-8229-FBA1AAFD505F (resized).pngEA41DB07-A04C-4DEA-8229-FBA1AAFD505F (resized).png
#3524 5 years ago

I’m not sure what the issue is. If you want black and white get the premium, if
You want color you have a choose of pro or LE.

#3525 5 years ago

How many threads will there be once thinga are finally revealed?

Ill put the over under at 4 new ones.

#3526 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I’m betting the house on the over.

#3527 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I’m making a new one right now!! Just setting in the send button. Whahahaha.

#3528 5 years ago

Is jack streaming new game tonight?

#3529 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Is jack streaming new game tonight?

Exactly what i want to know.

#3530 5 years ago

What time will be the stream and what is the link?

#3531 5 years ago

Special media event tonight he announced it on his video

#3532 5 years ago

I think he streams the new game Tuesday after the reveal at 11 AM Vegas time

#3533 5 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Jack Danger is the Man!!

Check it out tonight

#3534 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Haha...I might just change the title of this one to: The Munsters Club (Because every evening its Halloween)

#3535 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

What time will be the stream and what is the link?

https://www.youtube.com/user/DeadFlipPinball

not sure what time in Aus

#3536 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Haha...I might just change the title of this one to: The Munsters Club (Because every evening its Halloween)

Yes change name to Munsters Club. Don’t want 4 or more threads.

#3538 5 years ago

That link is where the replay will be. Here is the link to the live stream.

https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

#3539 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Again... stern is not a build to order setup. When you offer variations... that creates fragmentation in supply and inventory. Stern and distributors risk getting stuck with games and parts that have already been paid for... but unsold.

#3540 5 years ago

So we are looking at 11pm east coast ???

#3541 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Again... stern is not a build to order setup. When you offer variations... that creates fragmentation in supply and inventory. Stern and distributors risk getting stuck with games and parts that have already been paid for... but unsold.

Yes - custom machines / made to order is not happening at Stern Pinball.

#3542 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Yes change name to Munsters Club. Don’t want 4 or more threads.

Done - Could a Mod changed it to a CLB?

#3543 5 years ago

This thread is too long already. Start a new official Munster club thread once the game is released. There is nothing in this thread that is at all meaningful after tomorrow to new owners.

#3544 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

This thread is too long already. Start a new official Munster club thread once the game is released. There is nothing in this thread that is at all meaningful after tomorrow to new owners

We have never converted a hype thread to a club thread for a game previously (as they are two fundamentally different types of threads and club threads have special rules). The OP has made the request, but someone already (rather prematurely and with no effort put into it...) created a club thread for this game a couple weeks ago.

#3545 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

We have never converted a hype thread to a club thread for a game previously (as they are two fundamentally different types of threads and club threads have special rules). The OP has made the request, but someone already (rather prematurely and with no effort put into it...) created a club thread for this game a couple weeks ago.

What sort of effort does it take to form a good club?

#3546 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

What sort of effort does it take to form a good club?

Dunno, more than what this gentlemen did though, I don’t even think he’s getting the game...it was kind of just a “well heck, let’s have a club thread”:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-munsters-official-owners-club-theyre-creepy-and-theyre-spooky

#3547 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Dunno, more than what this gentlemen did though, I don’t even think he’s getting the game...:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-munsters-official-owners-club-theyre-creepy-and-theyre-spooky

Ya, shut that one down. No one even owns the game yet.

#3548 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I’ll take the OVER

#3549 5 years ago

Just realized. If there is a reveal stream tonight this thread will hit 4k post by midnight.

#3550 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Just realized. If there is a reveal stream tonight this thread will hit 4k post by midnight.

Where at??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/71?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.