(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 164.
#3451 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Agreed. I played a Scared Stiff proto with b/w playfield and it was horrible compared to a color playfield. It would be a turn off for me. Now on the other hand. I would prefer the display to be mostly b/w with some color thrown in. Could also live with a black and white cab but that's about it.

Display should definitely be B&W I agree

#3452 5 years ago

I'm just ready for Tuesday for some real pics and gameplay.....hoping the LE is revealed properly...

#3453 5 years ago

oops

#3454 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont think theres any way that i could do a black and white playfield. Seems like it would be hard to see the ball also on black and white.

You could always do Pinstadiums! lol I'll have Scott contact you!

#3455 5 years ago

Everyone at Stern is reading these posts so keep making your opinions heard about the black-and-white because the premium will be built last of all three models......

#3456 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Scott markets quite well.....

#3457 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Everyone at Stern is reading these posts so keep making your opinions heard about the black-and-white because the premium will be built last of all three models......

hoping they here loud and clear there are a vast (quiet) amount of pinheads that don't desire colorbomb on the playfield....I'm confident this title will be a must have and the game should stand on its own....

#3459 5 years ago

Black and white would be amazing. I would love to see a monochromatic pin. I worry more about how fun it is.

The Beatles theme and rainbow artwork was crap, but I like Seawitch 2.0 play.

#3460 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Let’s start complaining about the price too!

#3461 5 years ago

Munsters Premium in full B&W would be a fail.
On the other hand if carefully done with splashes of color it might be okay.
The general consensus is against B&W and I would be very surprised if Stern takes this path.
B&W with splashes of color for display and cabinet. Sure it could work.
My gut feeling says all models will be in glorious full color.
I really hope that they release all models together
Staggered release like Maiden really sucked.

#3462 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Munsters Premium in full B&W would be a fail.
On the other hand if carefully done with splashes of color it might be okay.
The general consensus is against B&W and I would be very surprised if Stern takes this path.
B&W with splashes of color for display and cabinet. Sure it could work.
My gut feeling says all models will be in glorious full color.
I really hope that they release all models together
Staggered release like Maiden really sucked.

I tend to agree w this....in this era of color/ lcd screens, etc., hard to believe it would be full B&W...right now I'm more curious of layout options, gameplay uniqueness, and theme integration ( and price, of course). a lot of potential here......could be a real fun add

#3463 5 years ago

What if Stern did it in all B&W, but the white (light green) paint is glow in the dark paint. Black light general illumination and glow balls.
Spooky and colorful.

#3464 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

If that’s the case...:-"...Stern, you can build just one In B&W, the L.E. #33 please"...

P.S. Superman (1978) and Jaws for this year. Thanks.

#3465 5 years ago

What about centaur people? Everyone goes nuts for that black and white playfield. It’s one of the most expensive repro playfields on the aftermarket.

#3466 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Would you save money by having a friend in the US buy for you and then ship to Australia? Or with shipping and import tax are you back to the same price point again?

Wish that would work. To some degree it could, but with the chip on the board that prevents booting up...
The distro here is a good bunch, they’re not a problem. Just wish high pricing was really considered an issue by Stern. The Beatlewitch table pricing demonstrates that they don’t care. Honestly, $13,500.00 for Beatlewitch here is outrageous! Of course we want everyone to be paid for their efforts, but there is a breaking point. Can it keep going up and have people stay in the hobby?

#3467 5 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

What about centaur people? Everyone goes nuts for that black and white playfield. It’s one of the most expensive repro playfields on the aftermarket.

That's somewhat different because it's not a grayscale version of color art, but essential a pen and ink with bold blacks offset with whites. That Twilight Zone one is essentially grayscale art, which is not the same thing. I assume if they did it Munsters would be similar and not specifically drawn pen and ink art. I do not want grayscale B&W, unless it's on the cabinet like on the leaked LE "casket" version. Playfield is a no.

#3468 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I would like to have some on my TWD and IMDN honestly because they are too dark and its hard to see. All my other games though i like the factory lighting on.

#3469 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's somewhat different because it's not a grayscale version of color art, but essential a pen and ink with bold blacks offset with whites. That Twilight Zone one is essentially grayscale art, which is not the same thing. I assume if they did it Munsters would be similar and not specifically drawn pen and ink art. I do not want grayscale B&W, unless it's on the cabinet like on the leaked LE "casket" version. Playfield is a no.

If the PF is B&W it would have to be drawn from scratch as B&W to work. Who knows, hard to judge since we haven’t seen it. Could work, but it seems a bit niche and polarizing for Stern - especially for a Premium. Not sure if I believe it.

#3470 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I would like to have some on my TWD and IMDN honestly because they are too dark and its hard to see. All my other games though i like the factory lighting on.

IMDN is dark, that's why I bought some spot lamps from PBL along with the stern led holder and it is much better. Also change out all the gi to frosted sunlight from Comet. Way better

#3471 5 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Not everyone.

#3472 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

IMDN is dark, that's why I bought some spot lamps from PBL along with the stern led holder and it is much better. Also change out all the gi to frosted sunlight from Comet. Way better

Yeah i have heard about changing out the GI's, bet that would make a big difference. IMDN is such an awesome game. Wouldn't it be awesome if Munsters is as good as IMDN? Fingers crossed!

#3473 5 years ago

The last 100 posts felt like I was watching Groundhog Day. Good lord people!

#3474 5 years ago

If Stern have already produced both colour and b&w art packages, then just do both!

Stern have done it before where they made two LEs with AC/DC & TF, there’s probably others but those spring to mind, so just make a colour LE and a B&W LE.

#3475 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

B&W premium and I’m out and Franchi is to blame for that as his leaked “premium” artwork, seemingly now the pro artwork was gorgeous!

Do a AC/DC & TF dual LE release, colour LE & b&w LE releases, as well as a coloured premium and pro and everyone’s catered to.

#3476 5 years ago

This is not about B&W playfield but Grayscale. I love Centaur but that’s for the bold contrast. I hope Stern does NOT make the playfield grey on the Premium. Lcd is yes, side cab could be yes but playfield is a BIG NO!

#3477 5 years ago

Someone want to create a poll on this topic?

#3478 5 years ago

Lots of Munsters postings that show no signs of letting up. Guess it’s time for Stern to release pics, so we’ll have something to comment about.

#3479 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If Stern have already produced both colour and b&w art packages, then just both

Highly unlikely IMHO. They don’t want to guess on how much stock to order. Seems like it would slow the line down in the long run.

#3480 5 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Now thats a great movie!
Wonder how it will hold up as a pin?

#3481 5 years ago

I’m totally stoked about a black and white Edition. I think it’s going to look KILLER.

Everybody always has a reason ready for why they’re “Out” on the latest Stern.

It’s too expensive
It’s too colourful
It’s too black and white
It’s too complicated
It’s too simple
It’s too much like layout X
The Layout is too different
Theme is not for me
It’s my dream theme, but I don’t like what they did with it.

Tell yourself the truth... the real reason you’re “Out”, is that you were never buying it in the first place!!

Stern is releasing ANOTHER great pinball machine, and because I’m crazy about pinball... I couldn’t be more excited!

#3482 5 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Now thats a great movie!

#3483 5 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Now thats a great movie!

#3484 5 years ago

See what i did there

#3485 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Now thats a great movie!

Too repetitive.

rimshot.gifrimshot.gif
#3486 5 years ago

They must be using Black. White, and Grey LEDs, for the lighting....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3487 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Highly unlikely IMHO. They don’t want to guess on how much stock to order. Seems like it would slow the line down in the long run.

Not if the rumours that there is a B&W version are true, it’s already an asset they have created, they will have stock already and the line will already have both versions planned for builds.

Just add an extra LE to the mix, which wouldn’t be a first for Stern adding an additional release to a title it happened with TWD when they added the Prem after the demand for the LE was so great.

#3488 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Not if the rumours that there is a B&W version are true, it’s already an asset they have created, they will have stock already and the line will already have both versions planned for builds.

True, but if the Premium is the black and white, they can always release a different Premium later. Personally the black and white doesn't sound at all appealing to me, but I would have to see it. Games like Centaur look cool, but Centaur is monochrome and not black and white. In other words Centaur is just black and white with no grey scale at all. I really don't think black and white would look good on a playfield.

So a black and white premium would most likely put me out for this game. I simply don't buy Pros, and I'm imagining the LEs are all gone at this point or they will be before I get to play test one.

#3489 5 years ago
9DEFEFFA-3264-4121-9872-1FF64FEAFBB5 (resized).jpeg9DEFEFFA-3264-4121-9872-1FF64FEAFBB5 (resized).jpeg
#3490 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I’m totally stoked about a black and white Edition. I think it’s going to look KILLER.
Everybody always has a reason ready for why they’re “Out” on the latest Stern.
It’s too expensive
It’s too colourful
It’s too black and white
It’s too complicated
It’s too simple
It’s too much like layout X
The Layout is too different
Theme is not for me
It’s my dream theme, but I don’t like what they did with it.
Tell yourself the truth... the real reason you’re “Out”, is that you were never buying it in the first place!!
Stern is releasing ANOTHER great pinball machine, and because I’m crazy about pinball... I couldn’t be more excited!

You forgot "Stern cut too many corners."

#3491 5 years ago

After reading the node board failure thread, I’m hoping they’ve got improvements!

#3492 5 years ago

How about a real Knocker stern???
When Herman gets mad and shaker goes off and he's jumping up and down, that sounds fun.
Knocker for the many door effects show would use.
B&W......Im out if thats the premium. B&W for LE makes more sense. Or a limited LE to 1313 edition.

#3493 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Now thats a great movie!

13yrs ago I went to a Groundhog day pinball party. The movie ran on a loop,40 or so pins to play+ the first time I had seen someone try to create there own pinball game "Groundhog Day". It did not work but it looked cool. Fast forward to now and I inherited the game from a storage locker. I have been picking parts off for use in other games as it was a mess and never going to be a working game in my opinion. I think there are some pic's of it on Internet Pinball Data Base. It is not working in the pic's either. Sorry back to Munsters.

#3494 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

With global warming, the likeliness of hell freezing over is less and less as time goes by.

#3495 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If Stern have already produced both colour and b&w art packages, then just do both!
Stern have done it before where they made two LEs with AC/DC & TF, there’s probably others but those spring to mind, so just make a colour LE and a B&W LE.

As an LE buyer I'm NOT interested in B&W.

Best idea is to give people a choice if you are going to offer it. But do it on the same version.

Probably works better with the "Premium", like they did with Metallica and its two different versions, Roadcase and Monsters

#3496 5 years ago

Yea might be more concerned about buying a NiB overpriced game with un finished code, issues and a Spike system proned to breakdown.

Yea color vs B&W should really be my most important concern...

#3497 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

They must be using Black. White, and Grey LEDs, for the lighting....
[quoted image]

A3D00B07-ACBB-451B-9554-0DFE152963BB (resized).jpegA3D00B07-ACBB-451B-9554-0DFE152963BB (resized).jpeg
#3498 5 years ago

Put me down for the B & W LE

#3499 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

When Herman gets mad and shaker goes off and he's jumping up and down, that sounds fun.
Knocker for the many door effects show would use.
B&W......Im out if thats the premium. B&W for LE makes more sense. Or a limited LE to 1313 edition.

LE is full color.

#3500 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

LE is full color.

And premium is? Or are there going to be premiums like Metallica?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/70?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.