(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 164.
#251 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

When expectations are this high..there will always be disappointment. Love the theme, but the designers are screwed...at least on pinside. Let the b1tch1inng begin.

I haven't been let down by a Stern game in a long time personally. The 2 flipper games were getting a little stale and IMDN was refreshing because it is different but i love how Stern makes their games. They always have a good theme and fun gameplay. With all of the creative things that they could do with this theme, i do not think we will be seeing a disappointment at all. John Borg has never disappointed me yet and the code should be solid with Dwight on it. Nothing but high hopes here.

#252 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I haven't been let down by a Stern game in a long time personally. The 2 flipper games were getting a little stale and IMDN was refreshing because it is different but i love how Stern makes their games. They always have a good theme and fun gameplay. With all if the creative things that they could do with this theme, i so not think we will be seeing a disappointment at all. John Borg has never disappointed me yet and the code should be solid with Dwight on it. Nothing but high hopes here.

I have 2 Stern games...and nothing but good from/for Stern. I hope this is a home run. But, pinside tends towards “you ruined my childhood! It could have been this”...ala, Star Wars...just pinside reality. Again, I love the theme!

#253 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I have 2 Stern games...and nothing but good from/for Stern. I hope this is a home run. But, pinside tends towards “you ruined my childhood! It could have been this”...ala, Star Wars...just pinside reality. Again, I love the theme!

Well you are definitely going to get some of that on here for sure. Some people wouldnt be happy if Stern shipped all of their games with a million dollars stuffed inside the cabinet. They definitely have a few letdowns here and there but over all they make good games i think.

I think SW was a little bit of a letdown because people were expecting such big things but all in all it was still a good game. It just seems like they could have been more creative. I think The Munsters is going to be done up good. I really get that feeling. We will know soon looks like.

#254 5 years ago

docquest...
"Most people are speculating Deadpool in a couple of weeks, Munsters Q4 2018 (maybe at expo) and Beatles in Q1 2019."

Quoted from mnpinball:

We have a winner.

@ mnpinball - Any guesses for Elvira ?

#255 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Deadpool's looking like a lame duck.

Deadpool's looking like AFLAC? Stern sticking 1M bills in the game? Maybe Stern is releasing chicken little next?

#256 5 years ago

Now someone on /r/pinball is saying there were Munsters pics on FB somewhere yesterday that have since vanished? I'm calling BS if they're not here already. ha ha

3 weeks later
#257 5 years ago

Just noticed this on the Munsters website:
Meet Munsters Star Butch Patrick in Person

Mar 22-24 2019
Texas Pinball Festival
Frisco Convention Center - Frisco, Texas
texaspinball.com
Munster Koach & Dragula Tribute Cars Display

#258 5 years ago

Butch Patrick loved WOZ a few years back in our booth... funny thing is both he and Paris Themis from Willy Wonka both were saying they should make pinballs for their show / movie... fast forward a few years and maybe that’ll come true ?

1B73E522-4DA4-421C-96B0-B35F2A75ED5B (resized).jpeg1B73E522-4DA4-421C-96B0-B35F2A75ED5B (resized).jpeg
#259 5 years ago

Really looking forward to this release...

#260 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Deadpool's looking like a lame duck.

Looks pretty cool to me.

#261 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Looks pretty cool to me.

We'll see if it can break out of the Gomez-designed machine low-resale value prison all his machines (except Batman'66, recently) have been in for the last 15 years.

#262 5 years ago

ouch

#263 5 years ago

I think in about another month or two after Deadpool is revealed that the Munsters hype train will be rolling full steam ahead!

#264 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

It's Borges next and 3 flipper is the current rumor.

Geez i hope you're right. After seeing Maiden and then seeing all the usual 2 flipper games it would be great.

#265 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Geez i hope you're right. After seeing Maiden and then seeing all the usual 2 flipper games it would be great.

I agrer 100%. Theres nothing wrong with 2 flipper games but the upper flippers on IMDN are a lot of fun.

#266 5 years ago

Give us 3 flippers Gary!

Fred Gwynne as Herman Munster enjoying a smoke (resized).jpgFred Gwynne as Herman Munster enjoying a smoke (resized).jpg
#267 5 years ago

More than any game out there or in the works....I am excited about this title and hope that the game itself
is stellar!
I have no problem hearing the theme song over and over, and if they have Fred Gwynne Quotes, along with
the Others.....Im thrilled!

I learned yesterday, that even though I have memories of Car 54 where are you, and knew that it was Fred Gwynne,
I didnt know that his partner was Al Lewis! Face to Palm smack!
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Thats Grandpa!

#268 5 years ago

That's Joe E. Ross.....

#269 5 years ago

Al Lewis and his look-alike:

8ee7aac4899fdec1795dadb9e72b4fdd (resized).JPG8ee7aac4899fdec1795dadb9e72b4fdd (resized).JPG

#270 5 years ago

My Apologies.....I grabbed from an internet story that had it wrong as well! Thanks Guys!!

#271 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

My Apologies.....I grabbed from an internet story that had it wrong as well! Thanks Guys!!

Your half right. Al lewis was a reacurring character on Car 54.

#272 5 years ago

I was watching this show on Cozi and somebody really needs to make this happen

#273 5 years ago

Who’s doing the code?

#274 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Who’s doing the code?

Dwight Sullivan

#275 5 years ago

hope Woof Woof makes a appearance

butch-patrick9 (resized).pngbutch-patrick9 (resized).png
#276 5 years ago

My guess is this will be way better than Deadpin, cough Deadpool.

#277 5 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

That would be great as Stern has done a nice job with Deadpool! A Munsters theme is more appealing to me personally though.

#278 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

That's Joe E. Ross.....

I knew youd get that straightened out, Ted. I'm just shocked you didn't throw in a pic yourself.

#279 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

That's Joe E. Ross.....

OOh! OOh!

The stories on this guy.....

#280 5 years ago

Was he in, its about time....?

#281 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We'll see if it can break out of the Gomez-designed machine low-resale value prison all his machines (except Batman'66, recently) have been in for the last 15 years.

Pretty sure if we go down the list of modern games over the past 15 years that have low resale value, we will touch upon many more than just Gomez games.

#282 5 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Hope you're not disappointed.

I would hope each pin gets progressively better, but sometimes it's 2 steps forward, one step back. IMDN was a milestone, even with a questionable theme.

#283 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Pretty sure if we go down the list of modern games over the past 15 years that have low resale value, we will touch upon many more than just Gomez games.

Pretty sure my graph would show Gomez has a disproportionate amount of low-resale value pins in the last 15 years compared to other designers. Some went almost straight into the toilet.

#284 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty sure my graph would show Gomez has a disproportionate amount of low-resale value pins in the last 15 years compared to other designers. Some went almost straight into the toilet.

Well, there's a lot of games to put on the graph. I think if all the games that have come down the "Sternpike" are shown with the designer, some people might not want to be reminded that their favorite designer made *that* game.

#285 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Well, there's a lot of games to put on the graph. I think if all the games that have come down the "Sternpike" are shown with the designer, some people might not want to be reminded that their favorite designer made *that* game.

Every designer is allowed one or two fails in that wide of a timeframe. Gomez has more than one or two - the last 4 he did before Batman'66 were duds, objectively, using the resale marketplace values. The only thing that saved BM'66 is Lyman's software, the whole first year was Gomez clunk. And if you go back to 2000, he had one good design (LotR) and 5 duds (if you count Playboy, I'm not sure where the division of labor was on that). That's a bad record if you're looking at spending a ton of cash to get a new Deadpool.

You need to stop, you're making me want to graph this, and NO ONE WANTS MORE OF MY GRAPHS.

#286 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Every designer is allowed one or two fails in that wide of a timeframe. Gomez has more than one or two - the last 4 he did before Batman'66 were duds, objectively, using the resale marketplace values. The only thing that saved BM'66 is Lyman's software, the whole first year was Gomez clunk. And if you go back to 2000, he had one good design (LotR) and 5 duds (if you count Playboy, I'm not sure where the division of labor was on that). That's a bad record if you're looking at spending a ton of cash to get a new Deadpool.
You need to stop, you're making me want to graph this, and NO ONE WANTS MORE OF MY GRAPHS.

LOL, I have no idea what you are talking about with respect to any of your graphs, but I'll take your word for it

Back to the Munsters

#287 5 years ago

Graphside

Let’s see it

#288 5 years ago

Graphup or shut up. But I agree that Gomez has plenty of misses, which is probably why LOTR is the only one of his games I've owned.

BM66 is a good pin, but it it is not a good fit for me.

Gomez is the king of two flippers. Having sworn off buying any more games with only two, Munsters will have more, right?

Deadpool may have me rethinking this and I'll be comparing it to whoever is designing Munsters.

#289 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

BM66 is a good pin, but it it is not a good fit for me. Deadpool may have me rethinking this and I'll be comparing it to whoever is designing Munsters.

Some guy named Borg. Hopefully, he's good.

#290 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

He's my favorite designer.... and if he'll just add another flipper mech or two I'll become highly excitable.

#291 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty sure the high resale of LOTR keeps his average respectable.

#292 5 years ago

TWDLE and Tron, enough said!

Between Borg and Munster theme, I’m in.

#293 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Pretty sure the high resale of LOTR keeps his average respectable.

Nope. You can't spread the merely good resale value of LotR over 5 duds and keep the average resale respectable. And besides, people buy machines, not averages. Do you want to gamble when the odds of getting a good design with decent resale from a Stern Gomez machine are 1 in 5, or 20%?

#294 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Nope. You can't spread the merely good resale value of LotR over 5 duds and keep the average resale respectable. And besides, people buy machines, not averages. Do you want to gamble when the odds of getting a good design with decent resale from a Stern Gomez machine are 1 in 5, or 20%?

Calm down hipster.

#295 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What if Gomez's true battling average was 1 in 3 = .3333? He currently is batting 1 in 5, but if Deadpool is a runaway success, he'll be (two fer six, which is ....) back to his natural performance. With so much on the line, you'd think he'd really wanted to nail one right over the centerfield wall. Deadpool looks intriguing.

Come on Stern. Where's the Munsters pics already?

#296 5 years ago
Quoted from brett:

TWDLE and Tron, enough said!
Between Borg and Munster theme, I’m in.

And IM and MET aren't bad either!

Yep - really looking forward to Munsters. Can't wait for the "Bicycle Girl"-like shot on Spot under the lifting staircase!

#297 5 years ago

And IM and MET aren't bad either!
Yep - really looking forward to Munsters. Can't wait for the "Bicycle Girl"-like shot on Spot under the lifting staircase!

Agree, I own 4 Stern machines and 3 are Borg games. L O V E them!!!

On the lookout for a Walking Dead LE and def plan on picking up Munsters LE as well.

#298 5 years ago

I own 8 Stern pins and 4 are Borg pins, not sure how I feel about Dwight.

#299 5 years ago

I own 5 Stern pins and 4 are by John Borg. I already have a slot ready for a Munsters.

#300 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Agree, I own 4 Stern machines and 3 are Borg games. L O V E them!!!
On the lookout for a Walking Dead LE and def plan on picking up Munsters LE as well.

TWDLE is my favorite pin. If it’s anything close to that, it’ll be incredible.

There’s so much that Borg can use and do to this pin. I agree with others, three flippers!

Hopefully Dwight will nail the code, like Lyman has done with his pins.

Let’s hope Stern really lets them open their creativety. They definitely have stepped up the graphics with the last few pins.

I’m incredibly excited to get and play this pin.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mishawaka, IN
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/6?hl=wcbu64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.