(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 164.
#3401 5 years ago

What exactly do you have to do to the left orbit?

#3402 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

I thought it was Godzilla...
dun dun dun dun

It seems Stern sure as shit have some great themes in reserve, if all the rumours and chatter is true.

We know they have Munsters and Elvira, then there is Godzilla, possibly Jurassic World and now we have new rumours that they have Jaws and Bond now, Bond alone is a huge licence.

All I need now is a lottery win and my problems are solved!

#3403 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

What exactly do you have to do to the left orbit?

Depends on the build, mine was fine out of the box, but on some games opening the left orbit up is necessary by moving the blue end rubber and left ramp wiring to the inside/right of the underside of the ramp.

#3404 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Have you played BM66 on the latest code? It’s beyond good, if your a fan of the 60s show it’s Lymans best coded game, the theme integration is unmatched.
In typical Gomez fashion you have to tweak the game and dial it in, specifically the left orbit but once you get it setup just right it’s great.
At release it was a steaming pile of shit but it’s now the No.1 game in my collection.

Not with the latest code no but i dont know why but i just dont dind the shots all that much fun. Its not a bad game so dont get me wrong because im not saying that at all. I like it but i just dont love it. Its fun no doubt.

I would like to play one in a home setting to where i could hear it better. I have only played one on a barcade so that may be part if the problem but when i bought my IMDN Premium i purposely went and played BM66 for about 2 hours to make sure which game that i wanted. I was hoping BM66 would win me over but it just didnt and i went with IMDN instead.

#3405 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

it’s now the No.1 game in my collection.

+1. Easily.

#3406 5 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-new-pinball-purchase-will-be-taxed-

Not good for potential Munsters sales - should have released in FY18. (Or maybe xtra money is no big deal for you ?)

Are you ready to pay another $300 in taxes! Plus a bump in price from Stern?

#3407 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-new-pinball-purchase-will-be-taxed-
Not good for potential Munsters sales - should have released in FY18. (Or maybe ctra money is no big deal for you ?)
Are you ready to pay another $300 in taxes! Plus a bump in price from Stern?

I wonder if there will be some wiggle room for distros....especially those that don't hold inventory.

If I'm buying a game from them, and they are just arranging to have it shipped from Stern to me, then the game never resides in their state, and they never would have shipped from their state.

#3408 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I wonder if there will be some wiggle room for distros....especially those that don't hold inventory.
If I'm buying a game from them, and they are just arranging to have it shipped from Stern to me, then the game never resides in their state, and they never would have shipped from their state.

No tax expert and they are debating in the other thread, but most likely we will pay.(most states).

#3409 5 years ago

Distros and / or manufacturers may want to rethink their pricing in light of this.

#3410 5 years ago

Pros will be over 6k now and more likely around 6300 bc stern will probably raise prices....

#3411 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

It seems Stern sure as shit have some great themes in reserve, if all the rumours and chatter is true.
We know they have Munsters and Elvira, then there is Godzilla, possibly Jurassic World and now we have new rumours that they have Jaws and Bond now, Bond alone is a huge licence.
All I need now is a lottery win and my problems are solved!

I have to thank 100% the guys with all the leaks posted in this thread...

(Btw, If Jaws, 007 and Superman(1978) are around....please.)

#3412 5 years ago
Quoted from RobOOZE:

Sorry, Can't release the Manual. Enjoyed the Zima comments.
[quoted image]

I know this/that was 10 pages back, but I’m sure it was hard for RobOOZE to be in that situation with the manual.... probably same thing in the neck that Lando Calrissian felt with the Rebel Alliance vs. Darth Vader(Empire) lol.

#3413 5 years ago

If Stern keeps raising prices, location pinball tables, here we all come!

Cutting out all the middle men would be good, but distros wouldn’t like that. They say after sales service is important, but I end up fixing most any and all issues myself and I think most people do too.

Maybe Stern needs to consider a direct ordering system along with direct download system and lower or keep prices down. With modern online shopping, do we really need to pay for all the old infrastructure???

#3414 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Cutting out all the middle men would be good

Would you save money by having a friend in the US buy for you and then ship to Australia? Or with shipping and import tax are you back to the same price point again?

#3415 5 years ago
Screenshot_2019-01-04-23-35-03-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-01-04-23-35-03-1 (resized).png
#3416 5 years ago

Where did he get his info from?

#3417 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Cutting out all the middle men would be good, but distros wouldn’t like that. They say after sales service is important, but I end up fixing most any and all issues myself and I think most people do too.
Maybe Stern needs to consider a direct ordering system along with direct download system and lower or keep prices down. With modern online shopping, do we really need to pay for all the old infrastructure???

Quoted from fosaisu:

Would you save money by having a friend in the US buy for you and then ship to Australia? Or with shipping and import tax are you back to the same price point again?

These sort of comments pop up regularly in Australia and it’s all bulsh*t IMO. The price difference between importing a game direct from the US and buying from our (very good) Stern distributor is negligible. For a Aud$2-300 I’d much prefer to deal with the local guys.

And there’s no way Stern are going to supply the Australian market direct for so many reasons.

#3418 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

With the new stern board system, if the 'fix' is to send the board in, you don't need service people.

#3419 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

[quoted image]

How can you have a haunted look, when everything becomes bright, bright and more bright?

Why did 'ambience' fall out of fashion?

#3420 5 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

It is posted on their Twitter feed as well.

https://twitter.com/pin_stadium/status/1081336231793954817

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

#3421 5 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

It is posted on their Twitter feed as well.
https://twitter.com/pin_stadium/status/1081336231793954817
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Well, if they actually geared the artwork to need this mod to experience it , I can now say I'm officially out...man... super pissed if it's the case

#3422 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Well, if they actually geared the artwork to need this mod to experience it , I can now say I'm officially out...man... super pissed if it's the case

That’s Pinstadium’s Twitter, not Stern’s. There’s no way Stern is intentionally designing products to benefit a third party’s business.

The idea of color bombing a B&W playfield does sound particularly loathsome, though.

#3423 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

That’s Pinstadium’s Twitter, not Stern’s. There’s no way Stern is intentionally designing products to benefit a third party’s business.
The idea of color bombing a B&W playfield does sound particularly loathsome, though.

Man, do I hope you're right...I want this game tremendously, but absolutely can't stand ( unsee) the rainbow color bomb w that approach to play field lighting.

Can't ( won't) do it

#3424 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Lol. This is fantastic. The very moment where Pinside turns on a game that nobody here has even seen the final product. Hilarious.

#3425 5 years ago

I wonder if there were television viewers that considered color TV the Pin Stadium of the time.
Weren't there Rainbow color wheels that attached to front of B&W televisions back in the day?

Edit: Yep. I found Pin Stadiums grandpa.
B74C54B8-D720-43B7-A5F6-620A1244610E (resized).jpegB74C54B8-D720-43B7-A5F6-620A1244610E (resized).jpeg

4B7D9DC8-1780-4E2E-B9DD-2AFBD1FAE53F (resized).jpeg4B7D9DC8-1780-4E2E-B9DD-2AFBD1FAE53F (resized).jpeg
#3426 5 years ago

LOL feel the glow, guys.

glow.gifglow.gif
#3427 5 years ago

How would Pinstadium know? I think he is making an assumption here. But if for some reason he has inside info, it certainly wouldn’t be every model that had that playfield.

#3428 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

How would Pinstadium know? I think he is making an assumption here. But if for some reason he has inside info, it certainly wouldn’t be every model that had that playfield.

Scott (Pinstadium) just likes to Pre-Market his product I would not assume anything about Munsters based on his promotion.

#3429 5 years ago

Personally, I think the B&W would look pretty cool with colored lights (I have my own personal experience with this and know that it works) but it really depends on the contrast. It works with games like Centaur because it is mostly black. If the game is more White/Grey, I would think the ball would be hard to follow. I've never seen the B&W TZ in person, but the pics I've seen lead me to believe it would be hard to track the ball during play.

#3430 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

He doesn’t, he says that about every game that the UV glow will be the best thing your eyes have ever seen and it unlocks the playfields UV palette blah blah blah, it’s marketting talk.

Pinstadiums (white GI strips) do look great on some games but that UV flash stuff looks like clown puke on crack!

#3431 5 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

I wonder if there were television viewers that considered color TV the Pin Stadium of the time.
Weren't there Rainbow color wheels that attached to front of B&W televisions back in the day?
Edit: Yep. I found Pin Stadiums grandpa.

The color wheels were the proposed CBS system but it was ditched because it was huge and would have required a higher framerate.

#3432 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The color wheels were the proposed CBS system but it was ditched because it was huge and would have required a higher framerate.

Plus, it wasn't really affordable. $150 then is like $1200 now. Who would put that monster on their set when you could get a glorious 23" color set for about $300.

#3433 5 years ago

Are we all ready for a black and white Premium?

Here is an example TZ b&w- what do you think?

#3434 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Yes, that’s pretty f’n awesome. My fear is Stern will still use colored posts, lights, slings, plastics etc on Munsters, so their b&w really means “colored”.

#3435 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Thats pretty ugly is what i think.

#3436 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

If the Premium will indeed be B&W then the colored LE will be the highest priced pin in the aftermarket since TronLE

#3437 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Cool, but not having the shooter lane white is an eyesore, it was the first thing to grab my attention the yellowish tone of the wood, spoils the overall look.

#3438 5 years ago

I think if anything the cab may be B&W and thats ok...... If the PF is then i m gonna have to buck up on a LE if I can get one as that wont fly at my house.

#3439 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Looks Ass IMO. I would not buy one based on that alone.

#3440 5 years ago

The B&W TZ at expo was amazing. I’d take a BW Munsters and then add a few colored mods that would really catch your eye.

#3441 5 years ago

That TZ is less than attractive. TZ is one of my favorites, but if I didn’t already have a great example, I would pass on
that one.

#3442 5 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

this thread.

#3443 5 years ago

is there a pf shot of this game somewhere?

#3444 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The B&W TZ at expo was amazing. I’d take a BW Munsters and then add a few colored mods that would really catch your eye.

Thats cool ...... just not my cup of tea.

#3445 5 years ago

A black and white display would be enough for me...the rest needs to be color

#3446 5 years ago
2E99AE4C-AB43-47E9-865F-D57A4D281B02 (resized).jpeg2E99AE4C-AB43-47E9-865F-D57A4D281B02 (resized).jpeg
#3447 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

L.E. For me and I don’t mind B&W, color, clear, plain black, like a Supreme(...ok, not that far).etc, I want this Pin no matter what... something personal.

But if by any chance I can choose between B&W and Color(like Vireland mentioned witn AC/DC), I’ll go B&W.

#3448 5 years ago

I dont think theres any way that i could do a black and white playfield. Seems like it would be hard to see the ball also on black and white.

#3449 5 years ago

Yea I would definitely have to see/play it in person before I could commit to the B&W, but it still looks cool.

#3450 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont think theres any way that i could do a black and white playfield. Seems like it would be hard to see the ball also on black and white.

Agreed. I played a Scared Stiff proto with b/w playfield and it was horrible compared to a color playfield. It would be a turn off for me. Now on the other hand. I would prefer the display to be mostly b/w with some color thrown in. Could also live with a black and white cab but that's about it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/69?hl=puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.