(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 164.
#3351 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I don't really know the Munsters show but isn't Herman a good guy? Are there any villains or antagonists in the show that would serve as good bash toys or is it more of a sitcom? It doesn't really make sense to bash someone that's a good guy but I guess they did it with Optimus Prime in Transformers so I wouldn't rule it out.

He's a good guy, but misunderstood by the majority of the public that comes in contact with him. That works in the context of a bash toy.

#3352 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I don't really know the Munsters show but isn't Herman a good guy? Are there any villains or antagonists in the show that would serve as good bash toys or is it more of a sitcom? It doesn't really make sense to bash someone that's a good guy but I guess they did it with Optimus Prime in Transformers so I wouldn't rule it out.

In Transformers you can at least play Decepticon side...

Since Munsters is Borg wich did GotG where you shoot Rocket Raccoon and Groot it doesn't Matter for him who you're shooting.

#3353 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Groot is a good guy.

#3354 5 years ago

It'll probably be like you're "charging him up" for a multiball. Like he's enjoying it.

"Dumb dumb" shots work. Makes it perfectly obvious what player should shoot for.

#3355 5 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

My biggest fear is they colorize the clips and they look terrible. Stick with B&W for the screen for sure for me.

I hope the screen does have color, but for the clips of the show, definitely keep in black and white

#3356 5 years ago

It would also be great if they included probably the most famous character of the series (that is of course not part of the Munsters family) Zombo!!!!!

43560301185_a1a1392471_b (resized).jpg43560301185_a1a1392471_b (resized).jpg
#3357 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

An LE over here is likely to be 11K-
($15k)

Take DP pricing add £500

And at those prices, one would have to be boredline stupid to buy one, comes a point where we have to just stop buying in the U.K. as we are getting fleeced more than any other country and we continue to act like it’s ok.

#3358 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Take DP pricing add £500
And at those prices, one would have to be boredline stupid to buy one, comes a point where we have to just stop buying in the U.K. as we are getting fleeced more than any other country and we kept acting like it’s ok.

I don’t know how you guys do it or why?

#3359 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

It would also be great if they included probably the most famous character of the series (that is of course not part of the Munsters family) Zombo!!!!!
[quoted image]

I don't know...I kinda like Paul Reed in the fregosi emerald. (he really played a great mad scientist). Also,that emerald could could be used in a lot of creative ways.
Magnets comes to mind.

fregosi (resized).jpgfregosi (resized).jpg

#3360 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Take DP pricing add £500
And at those prices, one would have to be boredline stupid to buy one, comes a point where we have to just stop buying in the U.K. as we are getting fleeced more than any other country and we kept acting like it’s ok.

Not much better here in Canada with our Peso like dollar and uber high taxes. Is the VAT of 20% on top or included? At least if it's included in prices , here you have to add 13% whenever you buy stuff, except for Gas and Booze as they hide all the taxes so you don't see how bad you are being ripped off.

Took the family to London last year. Man was it expensive. Converting from Can to GBP was brutal. Going for a small lunch was well over $100 Can.

I just can't justify buying NiB here.

#3361 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Take DP pricing add £500

That would put a pro at £7000. If so i wont buy. I'd probably buy used imdn or bm66

#3362 5 years ago

don't think a single Beatles has sold in the UK...

#3363 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

They weren’t popular there.

#3364 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I'll bet there are a few Elvis games over there.

#3365 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Your economy sux. You guys can’t afford 15k seawitchs.

#3366 5 years ago

Is anyone other than me starting to lose interest because this game is taking so damn long to be announced?

#3367 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is anyone other than me starting to lose interest because this game is taking so damn long to be announced?

Therapists call that 'impulse buying'.

#3368 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Tuesday, buddy. Tuesday.

#3369 5 years ago

The neighbors across the street or was that Addams family? Honest mistake if so...

#3370 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nah.....I think they said Tuesday...only a few more days.

#3371 5 years ago

If the premium is b&w I'm probably out, as I prefer color and won't pay LE prices. In that case, the only way I'd be in is if the lower playfield is not great, then I'd spring for the pro. I hope it's wrong but TWIP seems to have some pretty solid info sources.

#3372 5 years ago

Stern will be setting up their booth all weekend..... a leaked photo just might happen.

#3373 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I’m second guessing my gut reaction from nine months back. Initially thought Munsters to be 3 levels, consensus says 2 playfields now. Wanted the ladies in artwork to be wearing lingerie, but don’t think that will happen. Hoped for some ramps, but jury is out on that feature. Want Stern to make b&w version for cabinet, playfield and monitor - many combinations of b&w components are being rumored so who knows. Want to see a lot of the show - jury is still out on expected lcd content.

Have dialed back my hype meter from the red zone, past orange and firmly into green territory. All the discussion of possibly owing taxes on this nib have turned my stomach sour at the moment. Waiting on Stern to show their cards on the 8th and hoping for anonymous leaks prior.

Quoted from Sinestro:

Tuesday, buddy. Tuesday.

70980ABF-ADF0-4FFC-8D9F-23DCA78AEE93 (resized).jpeg70980ABF-ADF0-4FFC-8D9F-23DCA78AEE93 (resized).jpeg

#3374 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

We are over 3,300 posts on this thread and no official announcement yet. I cannot remember a thread so active before this one. Maybe GB announcement in 2016?

#3375 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We are over 3,300 posts on this thread and no official announcement yet. I cannot remember a thread so active before this one. Maybe GB announcement in 2016?

I'm still excited to see this game but im kind of getting burned out from all the hoping and waiting. Its getting tiresome at this point and they just need to reveal the damn thing. The hype is fun but you can only keep it high for so long if you know what i mean.

#3376 5 years ago

I know what you mean..... I’m worn out and thinking more about BM66

#3377 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I know what you mean..... I’m worn out and thinking more about BM66

Well its gonna be revealed very soon looks like so hang in there and wait! I honestly believe that Munsters will be better than BM66 design wise..code wise could be a different story though.

#3378 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm still excited to see this game but im kind of getting burned out from all the hoping and waiting. Its getting tiresome at this point and they just need to reveal the damn thing. The hype is fun but you can only keep it high for so long if you know what i mean.

Jeez....how do you think those of us waiting for Elvira 3 feel?

LOL!

#3379 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I am with you.. Lets see an announcement!

#3380 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Jeez....how do you think those of us waiting for Elvira 3 feel?
LOL!

Im in that group also, matter if fact im more excited about Elvira than i am Munsters. They are both pretty much dream themes for me.

#3381 5 years ago
20190104_180548 (resized).jpg20190104_180548 (resized).jpg
#3382 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im in that group also, matter if fact im more excited about Elvira than i am Munsters. They are both pretty much dream themes for me.

I'm not in the know here. Who's making that? I love both the Elvira pins.

#3383 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm not in the know here. Who's making that? I love both the Elvira pins.

Stern. Dennis Nordman designed, like the first two. Him and Cassandra Peterson announced it at TPF in 2017. George Gomez confirmed it would be made at TPF 2018.

#3384 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I’m in for both as well! Too long of searching for a nice EATPM I’m all in for a new Elvira no leaked pix of it either

#3385 5 years ago
Quoted from bohunr:

I’m in for both as well! Too long of searching for a nice EATPM I’m all in for a new Elvira no leaked pix of it either

I'm sure there were leaked pic already. But no one is sharing them out side their inter circle.

#3386 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Tuesday, buddy. Tuesday.

Free Beer Tomorrow!

#3387 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

One of our biggest markets is the European region and South Pacific ...

#3388 5 years ago

Most over priced game ,

#3389 5 years ago

EVER !!!!

#3390 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm feeling the same way. I was super psyched last summer reading posts of everyone's excitement for Munsters, but at this point it may be difficult for this pin to live up to all the hype we've created in our own minds.

Still want one, though.

#3391 5 years ago

Well, remember all of the waiting and the hype for MMr ..... it lived up to it !

#3392 5 years ago

I'm theorizing that all of the Munsters machines have been built and warehoused with the glass off for the past year so they can be shipped with authentic cobwebs between the playfield parts.

#3393 5 years ago

I mean MBr ......

#3394 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well its gonna be revealed very soon looks like so hang in there and wait! I honestly believe that Munsters will be better than BM66 design wise..code wise could be a different story though.

How could you even mention that, you haven't played The Munsters far out...

Believe and want are two different things.

#3395 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The Munsters will be worth the wait. It’ll be an incredible pin!

Great theme, designer and artist. Come on Dwight, give us a great code.

#3396 5 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

How could you even mention that, you haven't played The Munsters far out...
Believe and want are two different things.

Well the reason i believe that is because Borg is a great designer and he makes awesome games. BM66 was "The" #1 dream theme for me but i honestly just dont like the playfield design much. I tried to love it because i wanted one because of the theme but the game just doesnt do much for me. Its beautiful and has good code now but i still dont like it enough to buy one.

#3397 5 years ago

Stern is gonna surprise us all when they reveal Rihanna Pinball instead

#3398 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Stern is gonna surprise us all when they reveal Rihanna Pinball instead

Thought it was the Michael Jackson pin next!?.

#3399 5 years ago

I thought it was Godzilla...

dun dun dun dun

#3400 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well the reason i believe that is because Borg is a great designer and he makes awesome games. BM66 was "The" #1 dream theme for me but i honestly just dont like the playfield design much. I tried to love it because i wanted one because of the theme but the game just doesnt do much for me. Its beautiful and has good code now but i still dont like it enough to buy one.

Have you played BM66 on the latest code? It’s beyond good, if your a fan of the 60s show it’s Lymans best coded game, the theme integration is unmatched.

In typical Gomez fashion you have to tweak the game and dial it in, specifically the left orbit but once you get it setup just right it’s great.

At release it was a steaming pile of shit but it’s now the No.1 game in my collection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/68?hl=tmntrule999 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.