(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 164.
#3251 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Careful. When I made the exact same comparison last week, people said Beatles had only been out for a short time and it wasn't a fair comparison... while failing to realize that if you wanted a Beatles by now, you have one.

yeah, the vast majority of Beatles sales are already done. You may get some trickling in, but with the available stock on hand unless they drop the price I dont expect a bunch more.

If they drop the price to 6500 then they would sell out in short order.

#3252 5 years ago

I would also assume that a good portion of Beattles owners are not adding this game to their Pinside collection. This game crossed into another target market that most likely has no idea what Pinside is.

I'm anxiously awaiting the Munsters reveal. I hope we get a little something between now and CES. 2019 looks to be starting off hot for Stern.

#3253 5 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I would also assume that a good portion of Beattles owners are not adding this game to their Pinside collection. This game crossed into another target market that most likely has no idea what Pinside is.
I'm anxiously awaiting the Munsters reveal. I hope we get a little something between now and CES. 2019 looks to be starting off hot for Stern.

True. We love to overanalyze things. And if there isn't enough data, let's speculate the crap out of it!

I'm still amazed that so many LOVE The Munsters theme. I guess it's a fairly good "value" license for Stern. Not too expensive while retaining some good appeal.

#3254 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'm still amazed that so many LOVE The Munsters theme. I guess it's a fairly good "value" license for Stern. Not too expensive while retaining some good appeal.

I agree. If you were to ask me a year ago what my top 25 themes would have been Munsters would not have been anywhere close to making that list. That said I think it is a fun addition to the other spooky themed offerings that are currently shipping (Monster Bash, Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle). Now I'm excited and plan on purchasing a Munsters after seeing how it plays. The Munsters as a theme has become more desireable to me as I anticipate its release.

#3255 5 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I agree. If you were to ask me a year ago what my top 25 themes would have been Munsters would not have been anywhere close to making that list. That said I think it is a fun addition to the other spooky themed offerings that are currently shipping (Monster Bash, Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle). Now I'm excited and plan on purchasing a Munsters after seeing how it plays. The Munsters as a theme has become more desireable to me as I anticipate its release.

Yeah I admit. I'm going to look at it. The hype seeps in through osmosis over time.

#3256 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yeah, the vast majority of Beatles sales are already done. You may get some trickling in, but with the available stock on hand unless they drop the price I dont expect a bunch more.
If they drop the price to 6500 then they would sell out in short order.

It's too expensive an item aimed at too old a demographic.

Remember the golden rule of marketing: Old people are broke so screw 'em.

#3257 5 years ago

How exactly ARE they marketing? How are they getting non-pin enthusiast Beatles fans to know about this? I wouldn't know about it if I wasn't on this site. And, only the really really big enthusiasts and route people have any clue about distros.

#3258 5 years ago

Wondering about the 4 flipper button rumor, if real and if they are actually for flippers, as opposed to some x/y mechanism (like the hand in JM ?)

#3259 5 years ago

Looks like Munsters will be at the CES show next week!

Press release from Stern:

Dear Ladies & Gentlemen,

Stern Pinball announces today that we will be exhibiting at this year’s
Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, January 8th-11th, at booth 21800 in
South Hall 1 for our biggest presence yet.

This year’s booth presentation will be showcasing our one-of-a-kind Beatles
pinball machine as well as unveiling our newest game on Tuesday, January
8th, at 11:00am PST. The unveiling will be streamed live by Twitch
celebrity, Jack Danger, on his Twitch TV channel, Dead Flip
https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip.

Along with bringing pinball machines for attendees to play, we will also be
showcasing the Stern Pinball Arcade, the company’s latest digital offering
for pinball enthusiasts and gamers.

Please read the attached press release for additional details.

You can also follow this event on our social media sites.

#3260 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

How exactly ARE they marketing? How are they getting non-pin enthusiast Beatles fans to know about this? I wouldn't know about it if I wasn't on this site. And, only the really really big enthusiasts and route people have any clue about distros.

This comes up time and time again with some of these licenses - the belief that non-pinheads will buy a pinball in large numbers for a theme. It never happens. You sell most of the games to pinheads who are ALSO fans of the theme.

#3261 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This comes up time and time again with some of these licenses - the belief that non-pinheads will buy a pinball in large numbers for a theme. It never happens. You sell most of the games to pinheads who are ALSO fans of the theme.

Like all us Supreme fans.

#3262 5 years ago

CES totally makes sense...so there ya go!

#3263 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Why don't you follow the Beatles Facebook Account?

#3264 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

So this is our TEASE for today!

#3265 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Quoted from Zablon:

Exactly. The pinball collectors who really wanted Beatles have already been “looked after” by their distributors and bought a Diamond or Platinum.

That leaves a lot of Golds to sell to these mysterious non-pinball Beatles fans that still want to pay $8k for a toy. That requires a completely different marketing and distribution chanel. I’m not sure Sterns existing distributors are capable of reaching these mysterious buyers. Is the in house Stern marketing team capable? Maybe Kapow?

Unless they slash the price the remaining Beatles will be a slooooow burn.

#3266 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

So this is our TEASE for today!

1 more week I hope its worth the wait

#3267 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Exactly. The pinball collectors who really wanted Beatles have already been “looked after” by their distributors and bought a Diamond or Platinum.
That leaves a lot of Golds to sell to these mysterious non-pinball Beatles fans that still want to pay $8k for a toy. That requires a completely different marketing and distribution chanel. I’m not sure Sterns existing distributors are capable of reaching these mysterious buyers. Is the in house Stern marketing team capable? Maybe Kapow?
Unless they slash the price the remaining Beatles will be a slooooow burn.

Gold needs to be $5999 and they will sell out.

Price is so insane, I haven't given this game any thought at all, which is a first for me

#3268 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Gold needs to be $5999 and they will sell out.
Price is so insane, I haven't given this game any thought at all, which is a first for me

Agreed - This one was priced wrong. Maybe they could have got to that price without all the hands in the cookie jar. Add in the Kapow cheese and The Beatles license cheese and you get a crappy price. But would you have paid $5999 for Seawitch 2.0 without the Beatles theme?

#3269 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That IMDN pin was horrible i tell ya! It should be a crime to make such a terrible and boring game like that!

pompoms for medicore le versions. the im pro kicks ass. i played the pre and pro at rock fantasy and would go pro all the way. pre le not worth the extra money imho. thats what i am saying

#3270 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Agreed - This one was priced wrong. Maybe they could have got to that price without all the hands in the cookie jar. Add in the Kapow cheese and The Beatles license cheese and you get a crappy price.

The Beatles licensing fee is kind of essential here

#3271 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The Beatles licensing fee is kind of essential here

That was part of my point.

#3272 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

slow Beatles sales appear to be the main thing holding back the release.
They wanted to try and push those through the xmas and new year sales time to close out 2018.
ALso, makes sense to wait for CES at this point.

That's not how Stern run their business.They know that few buyers of their machines purchase every machine they make, so there's no Beatles sales reason to delay release.

My distributor knew Munsters would be a 2019 release a few weeks before Beatles was released.
Other Pinsiders posting in the 3271 posts in this topic have said as much.

Beatles sales has nothing to do with the Munsters release date.
Stern 'sold out', and now they move on, according to their schedule.

#3273 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Most of the people who really wanted a Beatles in my country bought the Gold because it has exactly the same playfield as the other editions!
Yep. Exactly the same!
They bought theirs to play and enjoy, or to put on location, not just to 'collect' or to on-sell.
Beatles Gold is not a 'Pro' that is effectively a stripped down version of the "LE/Premium".
It's an identical playfield.

The Diamond and Platinum editions went to pinball enthusiasts who have more money than they know what to do with.
The rest who 'really wanted Beatles' have bought Gold.

images-4 (resized).jpegimages-4 (resized).jpeg
#3274 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Beatles Gold is not a 'Pro' that is effectively a stripped down version of the "LE/Premium".
It's an identical playfield.

Let's be honest, all flavors of Beatles are essentially Pros.

#3275 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They are "The Pin model's".

#3276 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

1980 pros.

#3277 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Most of the people who really wanted a Beatles in my country bought the Gold...The Diamond and Platinum editions went to pinball enthusiasts who have more money than they know what to do with.

Let’s face it, at $13500 anyone buying Beatles Gold in our country has more money than they know what to do with.

#3279 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

pompoms for medicore le versions. the im pro kicks ass. i played the pre and pro at rock fantasy and would go pro all the way. pre le not worth the extra money imho. thats what i am saying

Well you can have that opinion but it’s certainly not true. IMDN Premium is the funner game of the two. Now the poorly designed mechs are another story.

#3280 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Let’s face it, at $13500 anyone buying Beatles Gold in our country has more money than they know what to do with.

Anyone buying new I'm box pinball machines in his country have more money than they know what to do with. Lol.

#3281 5 years ago

Confirmed by stern that jan 8th a new pin wil be revealed:

Stern Pinball - “CES is one of our favorite events and the perfect place to showcase our games including the very unique Beatles pinball machine,” said Gary Stern, Chairman and CEO of Stern Pinball, Inc. “Both tech and pinball fans alike are in for a special treat when we unveil our latest game on the first day of the show.”

#3282 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Looks like Munsters will be at the CES show next week!
Dear Ladies & Gentlemen,
Stern Pinball announces today that we will be exhibiting at this year’s
Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, January 8th-11th, at booth 21800 in
South Hall 1 for our biggest presence yet.
This year’s booth presentation will be showcasing our one-of-a-kind Beatles
pinball machine as well as unveiling our newest game on Tuesday, January
8th, at 11:00am PST. The unveiling will be streamed live by Twitch
celebrity, Jack Danger, on his Twitch TV channel, Dead Flip
https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip.
Along with bringing pinball machines for attendees to play, we will also be
showcasing the Stern Pinball Arcade, the company’s latest digital offering
for pinball enthusiasts and gamers.
Please read the attached press release for additional details.
You can also follow this event on our social media sites.

Yep JD been destroying this one for 3 months already

Great, show the whole game ............

#3283 5 years ago

Code should have a few revisions by the time we get one - hopefully helps!

#3284 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Touché...

http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Al-Pacino-LaughSmoking.gif

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3285 5 years ago

FYI, you can insert an animated gif by selecting "original size (no rescaling)" from the dropdown menu before you attach the picture when you post, so it doesn't process the graphic, removing the animation.
Al-Pacino-LaughSmoking.gifAl-Pacino-LaughSmoking.gif

#3286 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

FYI, you can insert an animated gif by selecting "original size (no rescaling)" from the dropdown menu before you attach the picture when you post, so it doesn't process the graphic, removing the animation.
[quoted image]

Good tip!

#3287 5 years ago

Great! Ive Been lost on how to share animated gifs!

How I repair stuff!

image1.gifimage1.gif
#3288 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Great! Ive Been lost on how to share animated gifs!
How I repair stuff!
[quoted image]

Uh oh, get ready for an OLDPINGUY GIF onslaught.

#3289 5 years ago

... sweet

Quoted from cooked71:

Uh oh, get ready for an oldpinguy GIF onslaught.

pasted_image.gifpasted_image.gif
#3290 5 years ago
269F9B0A-F80F-4B6B-8FC0-96481C65DE99.gif269F9B0A-F80F-4B6B-8FC0-96481C65DE99.gif
#3291 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Uh oh, get ready for an oldpinguy GIF onslaught.

4D0BB3A0-7B80-4C32-98C2-3BDC275F5804.gif4D0BB3A0-7B80-4C32-98C2-3BDC275F5804.gif
#3293 5 years ago
herman.gifherman.gif
#3294 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

I blame you PinMonk

#3295 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I blame you vireland

It doesn't get real until I pull out a graph to show the uptick in animated gifs since I mentioned that tip. Don't make me do it.

#3296 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It doesn't get real until I pull out a graph to show the uptick in animated gifs since I mentioned that tip. Don't make me do it.

DB0FEE41-A70B-42B6-A34A-4F43268FFAB8 (resized).jpegDB0FEE41-A70B-42B6-A34A-4F43268FFAB8 (resized).jpeg
#3297 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Here you go - enjoy it!

ECA44F18-8A13-47C2-925C-BAA666B9B83D.gifECA44F18-8A13-47C2-925C-BAA666B9B83D.gif
#3298 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Was my Avatar!
[quoted image]

If your Avatar wants me to buy "The Munsters L.E."...I will, I do , if your Avatar wants me also to buy "Monster Bash R.L.E.".... I will, I do too .... if your Avatar wants me to buy The Beatles.... I will say:-"...Get out of my House ..and don’t slam my door!"

#3299 5 years ago

So much bumping - so little information.

#3300 5 years ago

Got my hopes up again up early lots of posts and no new news

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/66?hl=zukram and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.