(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 164.
#3201 5 years ago

Hey everyone, Happy Munsters Pinball Year!!!!! AKA, 2019 New Year

#3202 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Wich is not a hard thing to do since Maidens 4 Flippers seem to be the main attraction BOM-wise.
(Great game nontheless.)

Yes it’s great fun I do enjoy it and different for a game nice change. I wanted this game made for several years so you can look it up but I wanted a little more in it.

#3203 5 years ago

While we wait for Munsters info...

Maiden. Are the issues with it only related to the Premium/LE features? Meaning if I bought a Pro would I be exempt from the games mechanical flaws?

#3204 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I am gonna agree with Neil on this one. The Newton balls are absolute pieces of shit and designed very poorly and the Sarcophagus mech is also a very poorly designed piece of shit as well. Like Neil said, if you havent had trouble with the Newton balls and the Mech, you will in time and you are gonna be cussing like a MF’r when it happens. If you gotta mess with the Sarcophagus mech you better be very mechanically minded and good at working on things or you are screwed!

4 hrs to fix the newton ball. Mine is now perfect. I used locktite, bent switches, rinse and repeat till it was right. It was a mess. Now the switch on the captive ball isn't registering. It can all be fixed, but expect to hate adjusting it as it needs to be perfect.

Tge design has issues as it can get hung up and stick.

#3205 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

It is if they pull it off. With IMDN premium/LE extras are just a freaking nightmare. Not only did we pay a lot more for not a lot, they don't work right!
They were clearly done to a budget without a doubt and they simply didn't pull it off. I love the game when its working and playing well but running events with an IMDN LE/Premium in the line up is just non-stop moan central with bits of it not working or the captive ball fires preventing folks from getting the super skill shot. its a glorious fail, Stern are aware and haven't done anything about it.
From out of the box my captive balls fired when ever you flipped. Then the shooter lane alignment, and now the mummy capitive ball and sarcophagus are playing up. I'd rather not have had those things and have a game the plays well.

Mine had those issues and then some.

I can take apart and put back together that Sarco mech in my sleep I did it so many times. It's a piece of shit mech.

As for the captive balls, finally got those tuned in using the locktite and switch adjustments.

Really by the time i sold it the game was playing perfectly! Oh well, on to Munsters now.

#3206 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Yes it’s great fun I do enjoy it and different for a game nice change. I wanted this game made for several years so you can look it up but I wanted a little more in it.

Yeah, this I can understand of course.
It's kind if the same for me.
I love playing Maiden on location, because it's an awesome shooting game. And I'm tempted to buy one but it's just lacking 'something' for me to justify that.

(Right now if I had the money -wich I dont- i'd have to choose between Maiden and GoT. But I'd take GoT even though the art package is shit. I love the battering ram and the dragon kickback, flapping it's wings getting the machine shaking. Just some little moments that Wow me all the time.)

The toys on the premium/ le were a let down for me as well. Why isn't the sopharcus molded etc. To make it a little bit more a world under glass.

But that said again it's my number one go to game on location and for that I really love it.

#3207 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I am gonna agree with Neil on this one. The Newton balls are absolute pieces of shit and designed very poorly and the Sarcophagus mech is also a very poorly designed piece of shit as well. Like Neil said, if you havent had trouble with the Newton balls and the Mech, you will in time and you are gonna be cussing like a MF’r when it happens. If you gotta mess with the Sarcophagus mech you better be very mechanically minded and good at working on things or you are screwed!

I've adjusted mine once when I recieved and once later. I've played the shit out of it and have had a few tournaments with it, and all is well. I am the first to bash Stern for their shit quality, but this game is working well for me. I find the captive balls to work well and very easy to adjust. I haven't bothered to install the pointed nut-triggers yet.

Bang for buck, all Sterns fail in my opinion.

#3208 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I keep hearing this yet i fixed those problems straight out of box and over 500 plays in now and no problems with it yet. This is on the LE also. Touch wood.

#3209 5 years ago

Ladies ladies....can we talk about the Munsters game please.

#3210 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

While we wait for Munsters info...
Maiden. Are the issues with it only related to the Premium/LE features? Meaning if I bought a Pro would I be except from the games mechanical flaws?

My pro plays great with no issues so far. From what I've read most issues came with the bigger price tag.

#3211 5 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Haha nothing like some more rumours to get them back on track....or better still, some Stern images

#3212 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

My pro plays great with no issues so far. From what I've read most issues came with the bigger price tag.

You are off, red card for you

images (4) (resized).jpegimages (4) (resized).jpeg
#3213 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Should have bought a pro.

#3214 5 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

I am gender neutral.

#3215 5 years ago

Onto Munsters talk....is anyone really waiting on "A vs. B" regarding Munsters and MBr? Gotta be just "new game syndrome" if so.

I have a routed MB that lives at my work for the guys to play......enjoy the machine but doubt it's going to play anything like Munsters.....guess the monsters part has a similar appeal, suspect these will be apples and oranges though from a gameplay (and even theme) standpoint.....

love my AFMrLE, out on MBr, but stoked for Munsters

#3216 5 years ago

Well, if Munsters looks like a dud, I’ll get a BM66.....I need a NIB fix.

#3217 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Well, if Munsters looks like a dud, I’ll get a BM66.....I need a NIB fix.

What about MBR? Thats kinda munsterous? Its awesome too, especially the SE and LE!

#3218 5 years ago

Pumped for this Borg Masterpiece

Finally a right ramp I can nail

m1 (resized).JPGm1 (resized).JPG

#3219 5 years ago

Just need to see some decent released pictures!

#3220 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Pumped for this Borg Masterpiece[quoted image]

I am too RA77. I woke up today or yesterday whatever it was and there were over 50 posts in the thread and i said oh boy here it is, finally released i bet!!! Only to be let down of course.

We should spam the board up with like 100 posts and when everyone wakes up tomorrow morning they will think it got released or that some more pictures leaked or something. That would be hilarious.

#3221 5 years ago

Grandpa is waiting to apply power to the new pinball!!!!

8232AAC1-7877-4A47-BA62-10153AB55DE6 (resized).jpeg8232AAC1-7877-4A47-BA62-10153AB55DE6 (resized).jpeg
#3222 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

yeah I think Zach will get this one right

Zac has to evolve to be Sterns marketing muscle. Hes gonna have to pull out big guns to go up against Deeproot

JJP might get it right as well ?

The New pinball scene is gonna get heavy mid 2019 !

#3223 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Grandpa is waiting to apply power to the new pinball!!!![quoted image]

I wish Gary would get off his ass and tell him to flip the damn switch. Im starting to think Gary is playing with us. I mean seriously, WTF is taking so long to announce this damn game that we already know is coming anyways?

#3224 5 years ago

PULL THE STRINGS !

#3225 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

The New pinball scene is gonna get heavy mid 2019 !

Stern will still smash them RA. Stern has their issues for sure (cough cough IMDN Sarc lock and Newton ball design) but they make the funnest games out of all of the pinball companies. Stern has some BIG titles coming for 2019 also.

If i was Stern i would worry about CGC more than anybody because they make some damn nice games. If i didnt love this Munsters theme so much i would have probably said screw it and got a MBR SE, because im tired of waiting for this game to release.

#3226 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Stern will still smash them RA. Stern has their issues for sure (cough cough IMDN Sarc lock and Newton ball design) but they make the funnest games out of all of the pinball companies. Stern has some BIG titles coming for 2019 also.
If i was Stern i would worry about CGC more than anybody because they make some damn nice games. If i didnt love this Munsters theme so much i would have probably said screw it and got a MBR SE, because im tired of waiting for this game to release.

What games will be released in 19?

#3227 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Decent unreleased pics are great !

#3228 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What games will be released in 19?

Elvira and the Munsters and a Steve Ritchie original game maybe? Some kind of a Vault im guessing but Elvira 3 and Munsters are huge.

#3229 5 years ago

I’m trying to not spend my cash on (MBr or WOZ)and wait to see what Munsters has to offer but....man...

#3230 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I’m trying to not spend my cash on (MBr or WOZ)and wait to see what Munsters has to offer but....man...

Same here brother. I kinda thought i could live without MBR until i seen one and played it. Such a gorgeous and fun game.

#3231 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I mean seriously, WTF is taking so long to announce this damn game that we already know is coming anyways?

Waiting to reveal at the show, I expect.

#3232 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Elvira and the Munsters and a Steve Ritchie original game maybe? Some kind of a Vault im guessing but Elvira 3 and Munsters are huge.

Borg’s Munsters
Brian Eddy’s Jaws/Bond?!?
Steve’s unlicensed game
Elvira
Maybe a Vault?

#3233 5 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I am gender neutral.

You got that right.

#3234 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I am too RA77. I woke up today or yesterday whatever it was and there were over 50 posts in the thread and i said oh boy here it is, finally released i bet!!! Only to be let down of course.
We should spam the board up with like 100 posts and when everyone wakes up tomorrow morning they will think it got released or that some more pictures leaked or something. That would be hilarious.

I'm working on the east coast right now and get to work early and keep thinking the same thing!

#3235 5 years ago

Surely tomorrow is the big picture leak

#3236 5 years ago

Some might get it. /\

leak (resized).jpgleak (resized).jpg

#3237 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Hes gonna have to pull out big guns to go up against Deeproot

I really hope this was sarcasm.

When Deeproot delivers ONE pinball machine... we can reassess!

#3238 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I really hope this was sarcasm.
When Deeproot delivers ONE pinball machine... we can reassess!

No Kidding. Don't hold you breath.

#3239 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I wish Gary would get off his ass and tell him to flip the damn switch. Im starting to think Gary is playing with us. I mean seriously, WTF is taking so long to announce this damn game that we already know is coming anyways?

slow Beatles sales appear to be the main thing holding back the release.

They wanted to try and push those through the xmas and new year sales time to close out 2018.
ALso, makes sense to wait for CES at this point.

#3240 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

slow Beatles sales appear to be the main thing holding back the release.

No Stern wanted it to be a 2019 title and not a 2018, probably for the books. Stern has probably sold out of Beatles to all the distributors by now. It is the distributors that will sit on Beatles-not Stern. The only other reason for a delay may be pre-mature beta code(which did not help BM66 sales). We will see something soon-probably next week at CES? I am excited for this release, but at the same time I am not getting my hopes up too high. Hope it's a great game, but if not-NEXT!

#3241 5 years ago

Teaser today!

I bet someone elses balls... of steel!

#3242 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

No Stern wanted it to be a 2019 title and not a 2018, probably for the books. Stern has probably sold out of Beatles to all the distributors by now. It is the distributors that will sit on Beatles-not Stern. The only other reason for a delay may be pre-mature beta code(which did not help BM66 sales). We will see something soon-probably next week at CES? I am excited for this release, but at the same time I am not getting my hopes up too high. Hope it's a great game, but if not-NEXT!

No, Beatles is apparently far from sold out (even to distributors) and at this point it appears that the second half of the run is on hold for build out till later (if ever?) as distributors are not ordering more when they all have multiple Golds sitting in stock and not selling currently.

I do agree that they likely wanted the next big game on the books for 2019 and not 2018. They are likely banking on Munsters being the next big one (ala Maiden from 2018). Also, always good to have near 1.0 ready code on release (granted they tried to claim DP was near complete and it still has a ways to go (Tanio is doing great with it but really wish the release was where it is now and then growing from there).

I unfortunately have high hopes for Munsters, as it is a theme I dig and only fear that the Pro may be too stripped back from the LE version to be good?

#3243 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I do agree that they likely wanted the next big game on the books for 2019 and not 2018.

Yes, why would Stern release a game in the last two weeks of a calendar year? They want to have x amount of cornerstone games a year-hence 2019 release.

Not sure where you are getting your info on Beatles from but time will tell.

#3244 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I unfortunately have high hopes for Munsters, as it is a theme I dig and only fear that the Pro may be too stripped back from the LE version to be good?

I have the opposite fear- I fear that the Premium/LE will have a lame under playfield that will turn me off-although still holding onto hope with double flipper buttons. May have dual action at once? My gut is already telling me that the Pro will be a flow monster, that right ramp reminds me of my Rolling Stones-super smooth ramp. I am really digging games that play great-even if they happen to be a stripped down pro.

#3245 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not sure where you are getting your info on Beatles from but time will tell.

talk to people; then cross reference on here. It really is pretty obvious when a title is "hot or not" just based on watching the # of people excited and talking about it and looking at accounted numbers.
The sales are so bad that Stern did not even announce the "launch parties" since there were so few.

Appears around 45 gold accounted for on here and only 18 on location (usually VERY accurate as route operators buying 8k games are sure to advertise it on here and pinballmap). Even if you make a guess that pinside only account for 30-50% of all home owners, the sales are abysmally low. Then go hunt around with distributors and all of them have active stock.
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/stern-the-beatles/owners

as a comparative example >> DP pro has over 250 accounted for on here and 130 on route
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/deadpool-pro/owners

It is obvious at this point that Beatles did not take off at 8k pricepoint.

#3246 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

although still holding onto hope with double flipper buttons

I love the idea of double flipper buttons! I have been asking for that forever! More player controlled interaction with the ball is a great thing!

#3247 5 years ago

Did Stern sell 1964 Beatles machines to distributors in 2018? Not likely, they did however sell out all of the dedicated 'runs' they produced. Is the license only good for one 'run'-no it is probably based on per machine basis or x amount of time-typically 2-3 years. Your assumption is that Stern should have sold out by now. The Beatles is a special K-Pow boutique game and will continue to sell over the next few years. It is not for everyone and only certain individuals will see a true value. They will sell all 1964 of them-time will tell. Thinking they should of sold out instantly is the mis-understanding.

#3248 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Pumped for this Borg Masterpiece
Finally a right ramp I can nail
[quoted image]

I am so impatient with this one. Release the damn game

#3249 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

as a comparative example >> DP pro has over 250 accounted for on here and 130 on route

Careful. When I made the exact same comparison last week, people said Beatles had only been out for a short time and it wasn't a fair comparison... while failing to realize that if you wanted a Beatles by now, you have one.

#3250 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Did Stern sell 1964 Beatles machines to distributors in 2018? Not likely, they did however sell out all of the dedicated 'runs' they produced. Is the license only good for one 'run'-no it is probably based on per machine basis or x amount of time-typically 2-3 years. Your assumption is that Stern should have sold out by now. The Beatles is a special K-Pow boutique game and will continue to sell over the next few years. It is not for everyone and only certain individuals will see a true value. They will sell all 1964 of them-time will tell. Thinking they should of sold out instantly is the mis-understanding.

Well you can speculate...

Or you can just assume they're not lieing and accept what they said.

They produced 1000 pcs. in 2018 to make the Christmas window and the rest expectedly early 2019.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.