(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 164.
#3151 5 years ago

You think BW is cool until you actually see all that boredom in front of you. It messes with your eyes, the GAP twilight zone looks cool but get in front of it. Sometimes excess is not always a good thing. If its broken up by color ( pops, ramps, targets, lighting ) then it might be fantastic. We will all need to wait.

#3152 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I predict the B&W artwork sticks with the LE, not the premium.

That’s what I originally thought it would be. Bummer if true.

#3153 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I'm interested in a premium, but I'm not a fan of black and white. I grew up with a black and white television, and I got news for you... it f*cking sucked. LOL, I'm never going back.

Same here. I want great art with vibrant color and non of that low-res photoshop crap. A B&W limited run premium/LE might make be cool but I think they would loose sells if it was the premium or LE.

#3154 5 years ago

I know TWiP is usually solid, but I can’t picture Stern doing a 100% Black and White Premium. Seems like a strange decision if true. Maybe the cabinet only.

#3155 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I know TWiP is usually solid, but I can’t picture Stern doing a 100% Black and White Premium. Seems like a strange decision if true. Maybe the cabinet only.

I never thought they'd make beatlewitch in a million years...

Centaur is absolutely stunning, so much so that I've heard countless pinheads call it a work of art. I call it the same. Stern is onto something, and if they do produce it and produce it right, you guys will be drooling. That being said, Stern has an uncanny knack for screwing up great ideas.

#3156 5 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

So 3 separate playfield manufactures required? I know they've signed and recleared le's in the past but that seems like an enourmous outlay.

Seems they’ve changed to just signing the aprons now.

#3157 5 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

So 3 separate playfield manufactures required? I know they've signed and recleared le's in the past but that seems like an enourmous outlay.

Back in the day the 1 through 50 LE's were hand signed by Gary and the game dev on the outlanes and then recleared to preserve the signatures. They stopped doing this with GOTG and went to signing the aprons and a signed certificate for all the LE's produced... I have a signed and recleared Tron LE and have to say the playfield is perfect. Almost no dimples compared to my newer Metallica, GOTGLE and IMLE which are dimpled to shit... I would LOVE to see Stern go back to this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3158 5 years ago

Shiny gold armor (ghrome) is a bigger deal breaker to me by far than black and white. Power coat gold is acceptable though.

#3159 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Power coat gold is acceptable though.

You are in luck. Plenty of WWE LE gold powdercoated armor left over for the Munsters LE.

#3160 5 years ago

You are in luck. Plenty of WWE LE gold powdercoated armor left over for the Munsters LE.

Haha. As long as its not that hideous ghrome from the LOTR LE run...

I'm still hoping the previously shown artwork assumed to be the Premium is correct. I like that one a lot. This way I don't have to jump in to get an LE without playing it (may be sold out anyway) and can wait on a run of Premiums a year from now when I am ready to give up one of my other Sterns to help pay the bill!

#3161 5 years ago

I'm hoping LE has Brass w color artwork.....bring it!!!!!

#3162 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Shiny gold armor (ghrome) is a bigger deal breaker to me by far than black and white. Power coat gold is acceptable though.

How do you feel about black with gold flake?

#3163 5 years ago

I'm hearing the lower playfield will be more like Stewie's pinball than ac/dc.

#3164 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I'm hearing the lower playfield will be more like Stewie's pinball than ac/dc.

Owned both games, only marginally better.

#3165 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Back in the day the 1 through 50 LE's were hand signed by Gary and the game dev on the outlanes and then recleared to preserve the signatures. They stopped doing this with GOTG and went to signing the aprons and a signed certificate for all the LE's produced... I have a signed and recleared Tron LE and have to say the playfield is perfect. Almost no dimples compared to my newer Metallica, GOTGLE and IMLE which are dimpled to shit... I would LOVE to see Stern go back to this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree, I don’t understand, like w/i 5 years or less playfields are really dimpling?!: either wood or clear coat material are to soft.

My 2007 games, my 2011 TFLE, etc no or very very minimal dimples. My GOTGLE, DPLE lots dimples.

I just live with it now (I guess it probably depends on wood, humidity, how quickly they paint and clear them).

Now back to Munsters- let’s make that game engineered hard wood!

#3166 5 years ago

Centaur has a bit of color.

Munsters in b&w are a no for for me too!

AC7DF6BE-B8D6-4831-95F1-13E56F538906 (resized).pngAC7DF6BE-B8D6-4831-95F1-13E56F538906 (resized).png
#3167 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm hoping LE has Brass w color artwork.....bring it!!!!!

The B&W casket art originally leaked with “real” shiny brass trim AND brass door would be incredible. Sadly I think the chance of either shiny brass trim or a brass door got lost in the first round of Munsters budget meetings. Gold speckle trim is about all you can hope for.

#3168 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

How do you feel about black with gold flake?

Interesting. Sounds cool, but I would have to see it though.

#3169 5 years ago

... maybe the lower playfield is b&w on one version (LE I hope) and the main playfield is colored on Prem and LE. Stern really has us guessing. Skip the teaser, official highres pics, are expected tomorrow please!

#3170 5 years ago

If the rumour of "There are four flipper buttons on Premium and LE version, with the extra flipper buttons presumably to control lower playfield flippers"

This will be something different and I'll be keen to see how that plays.

#3171 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The B&W casket art originally leaked with “real” shiny brass trim AND brass door would be incredible. Sadly I think the chance of either shiny brass trim or a brass door got lost in the first round of Munsters budget meetings. Gold speckle trim is about all you can hope for.

The brass looked deadly, but you're probably right

#3172 5 years ago

Why would you need extra flipper buttons to control lower playfield?

Quoted from Macca101010:

If the rumour of "There are four flipper buttons on Premium and LE version, with the extra flipper buttons presumably to control lower playfield flippers"
This will be something different and I'll be keen to see how that plays.

#3173 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Why would you need extra flipper buttons to control lower playfield?

You wouldn't need this, but Gottlieb did it with their Haunted House pin. I can't believe Stern would do it as it would add 2 more flipper buttons to their BOM.

#3174 5 years ago

All of this stuff really had me scratching my head wondering if i will like the black and white, which model will be black and white etc. Part of me thinks the game should be black and white but then i think to myself that it would probably look like shit but i think the screen animations should definitely be black and white show clips.........all this shit gives me a headache and i wish it would just reveal so that we will all know.

#3175 5 years ago

just remember the hype on iron maiden le. gonna be the same thing with munsters. marginal le with a few extras for big money grab.

#3176 5 years ago

Go premium- however b&w might stir things up a bit if on premium!

#3177 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

All of this stuff really had me scratching my head wondering if i will like the black and white, which model will be black and white etc. Part of me thinks the game should be black and white but then i think to myself that it would probably look like shit but i think the screen animations should definitely be black and white show clips.........all this shit gives me a headache and i wish it would just reveal so that we will all know.

Don't worry , there will be no B&W Munsters pinball

#3178 5 years ago

Happy new year Chicago!
(And all else of you of course.)

Time for our tease...

#3179 5 years ago

Let Herman out to play pinball!

6A763FB2-C9FC-476E-85CC-15A5F59F27DD (resized).jpeg6A763FB2-C9FC-476E-85CC-15A5F59F27DD (resized).jpeg
#3180 5 years ago

Well, if Prem is Black and White... I might be out on this one...Glad I got my Monster Bash LE coming in a few weeks...
My issue is I really don't like the 3 tiered model system. I think if Stern wants to continue with this model. Then let me swap and choose the art packages I want. The Iron Maiden Prem looked good... But, only represented one album era of the band on the cab and translite... And the topper is really cool, but contrasts the Prem art package.
I think as I stated before the art package for Pro was best... But, if you buy a Pro you're missing features and sometimes even modes.
I don't want a Munsters Pro, as I want the full game... But, I cannot afford to buy a freaking LE every single game.
It's really silly and I think its a disservice to the majority of the pinball community.
My reason for not wanting a black and white is it'll get old, and I doubt the playfield will pop. Centaur pops, because it was designed to be in black and white first and foremost, but also the artist used some reds.
What they will be doing for the munsters is taking what was done and meant to be color and converting it to black and white... And that is not how it should be done ever. That is not how they filmed black and white movies, and television shows. They knew what color looked better. Like I believe for the superman black and white serial, they used a brown suit, as it photographed better.
Just a silly rumor for now... But, I hope its not true.

#3181 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well, if Prem is Black and White... I might be out on this one...Glad I got my Monster Bash LE coming in a few weeks...
My issue is I really don't like the 3 tiered model system. I think if Stern wants to continue with this model. Then let me swap and choose the art packages I want. The Iron Maiden Prem looked good... But, only represented one album era of the band on the cab and translite... And the topper is really cool, but contrasts the Prem art package.
I think as I stated before the art package for Pro was best... But, if you buy a Pro you're missing features and sometimes even modes.
I don't want a Munsters Pro, as I want the full game... But, I cannot afford to buy a freaking LE every single game.
It's really silly and I think its a disservice to the majority of the pinball community.
My reason for not wanting a black and white is it'll get old, and I doubt the playfield will pop. Centaur pops, because it was designed to be in black and white first and foremost, but also the artist used some reds.
What they will be doing for the munsters is taking what was done and meant to be color and converting it to black and white... And that is not how it should be done ever. That is not how they filmed black and white movies, and television shows. They knew what color looked better. Like I believe for the superman black and white serial, they used a brown suit, as it photographed better.

47f363263bae43a6025536d0a541d4f0 (resized).png47f363263bae43a6025536d0a541d4f0 (resized).png
#3182 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Let Herman out to play pinball![quoted image]

That's cool. Is it custom built?

#3183 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

They'd be better off doing color Premiums and then splitting the LEs into a B/W version and a color version, like they did offering 2 LEs on AC/DC with the Let There Be Rock and Back in Black LEs.

LE "Herman" could be color and LE "Grandpa" could be B/W with art changes to match the cabinet themes. Whatever they do, it would be funny if they threw in a Pilot-only Happy version of Eddie grousing and shouting when something bad happens.

#3184 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They'd be better off doing color Premiums and then splitting the LEs into a B/W version and a color version, like they did offering 2 LEs on AC/DC with the Let There Be Rock and Back in Black LEs.

Super LE!!!

#3185 5 years ago

I think we all need to stay calm here because we don't know what its going to look like yet. There always seems to be some negativity right before a game releases and then when it does most people are like ....OMG what a beautiful awesome game!!

I have high hopes for this game but like i said, if this game lets me down its ok because Monster Bash SE here i come baby! Im a little worried and concerned about a couple of things i wont lie, but at the same time i get this feeling that people are going to be sh*tting their pants when this thing finally reveals.

#3186 5 years ago

Appears to have more things toys gadgets or whatever you want to call it than Maiden. hope it plays well and wished Maiden as great shooting game it is had more in it besides shots only. Sorry the way I feel need more in Stern games like JJP pins. Stern games great flow (still waiting for a JJP pin to grab me with killer flow) but we are missing stuff and 2019 please add more. It likes the best of both worlds Van Halen song, can’t we get both out of them for price.

#3187 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Appears to have more things toys gadgets or whatever you want to call it than Maiden.

Wich is not a hard thing to do since Maidens 4 Flippers seem to be the main attraction BOM-wise.
(Great game nontheless.)

#3188 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

just remember the hype on iron maiden le. gonna be the same thing with munsters. marginal le with a few extras for big money grab.

Wait a minute you mean a company wants to make big money? thats an outrage and some people are getting the best possible version of a pin with a theme they adore? well thats just wrong.

#3189 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

That IMDN pin was horrible i tell ya! It should be a crime to make such a terrible and boring game like that!

#3190 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That IMDN pin was horrible i tell ya! It should be a crime to make such a terrible and boring game like that!

I know what a dud. Bad sound, shitty layout and the LE version was a straight rip off.

#3191 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

and build quality a Chinese firework factory would be proud of.

#3192 5 years ago

Where did all this IMDN hate come from recently? Was the darling child for a while.

Oh, sorry, just remembered what forum I’m on.

Personally I think it’s in Sterns top 5 - and that’s some tough competition.

#3193 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Wait a minute you mean a company wants to make big money? thats an outrage and some people are getting the best possible version of a pin with a theme they adore? well thats just wrong.

It is if they pull it off. With IMDN premium/LE extras are just a freaking nightmare. Not only did we pay a lot more for not a lot, they don't work right!

They were clearly done to a budget without a doubt and they simply didn't pull it off. I love the game when its working and playing well but running events with an IMDN LE/Premium in the line up is just non-stop moan central with bits of it not working or the captive ball fires preventing folks from getting the super skill shot. its a glorious fail, Stern are aware and haven't done anything about it.

From out of the box my captive balls fired when ever you flipped. Then the shooter lane alignment, and now the mummy capitive ball and sarcophagus are playing up. I'd rather not have had those things and have a game the plays well.

#3194 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

It is if they pull it off. With IMDN premium/LE extras are just a freaking nightmare. Not only did we pay a lot more for not a lot, they don't work right!
They were clearly done to a budget without a doubt and they simply didn't pull it off. I love the game when its working and playing well but running events with an IMDN LE/Premium in the line up is just non-stop moan central with bits of it not working or the captive ball fires preventing folks from getting the super skill shot. its a glorious fail, Stern are aware and haven't done anything about it.
From out of the box my captive balls fired when ever you flipped. Then the shooter lane alignment, and now the mummy capitive ball and sarcophagus are playing up. I'd rather not have had those things and have a game the plays well.

Mine has none of those issues, but doesn’t get a huge amount of play, and not competition. Would be pissed also if I did though.

#3195 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Mine has none of those issues, but doesn’t get a huge amount of play, and not competition. Would be pissed also if I did though.

they are coming - just a matter of time.

#3196 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Great, thanks lol

#3197 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Either does mine and I have had since May. Just a few adjustments in the beginning

#3198 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

and build quality a Chinese firework factory would be proud of.

Sorry that u got a dud apparently but thats ur problem.

#3199 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

What they will be doing for the munsters is taking what was done and meant to be color and converting it to black and white... And that is not how it should be done ever.

We simply don't that yet.

#3200 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I am gonna agree with Neil on this one. The Newton balls are absolute pieces of shit and designed very poorly and the Sarcophagus mech is also a very poorly designed piece of shit as well. Like Neil said, if you havent had trouble with the Newton balls and the Mech, you will in time and you are gonna be cussing like a MF’r when it happens. If you gotta mess with the Sarcophagus mech you better be very mechanically minded and good at working on things or you are screwed!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 210.00
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Machine - For Sale
Mishawaka, IN
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/64?hl=heavymetalballs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.