(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 164.
#3101 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I understand these hype thread posts are always fast and furious, but are people really excited with The Munsters as a THEME or just the PIN itself?

MUNSTERS MUNSTERS MUNSTERS!!!!!!!!!!

#3102 5 years ago

some of you need help when it comes to recognizing good humor.

wednesday05 (resized).jpgwednesday05 (resized).jpg
#3103 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

some of you need help when it comes to recognizing good humor.[quoted image]

245C7576-030E-45EE-8ECF-C75EB674B2D7.gif245C7576-030E-45EE-8ECF-C75EB674B2D7.gif
#3104 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

some of you need help when it comes to recognizing good humor.[quoted image]

That character you posted is from the Addams family. Swing and a miss on the humor.
This is The Munsters ... maybe try trolling elsewhere. Fishing isn't too good here.
herman what (resized).jpgherman what (resized).jpg

#3105 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

That character you posted is from the Addams family. Swing and a miss on the humor.
This is The Munsters ...
[quoted image]

He knows that. Not so much a swing and a miss, just dark humor. Read up on Trudeau and his issues and it will make more sense.

#3106 5 years ago

The ice cream says "Good Humor" on the wrapper.

#3107 5 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Im not a huge batman fan. But The munsters is not even in the same ballpark theme wise of Batman.
Should have skipped munsters and made BEATLEJUICE damn it! And ill be first in line for an LE.
All the hype is mostly just for a new pin in general.

If you said the "B" word 3 times it would appear!

#3108 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

The ice cream says "Good Humor" on the wrapper.

Yep. But I’m talking about the other picture of Wednesday and the reference to Trudeau that he posted on the last page.

Anyway, back to Munsters. C’mon Stern, announce it already!

#3109 5 years ago

I keep asking my distributor and he says sounds like January while I patiently wait for my MBLE if all these new pins are coming out I need to start selling some Harley's and put some more toys in the house and out of the garage!

#3110 5 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

He knows that. Not so much a swing and a miss, just dark humor. Read up on Trudeau and his issues and it will make more sense.

I understand the background. But is still the wrong family - doesn't quite fit. Also the subject matter as a joke as it relates to children is in very poor taste. Trying to stay level and just say it's a swing and a miss. I'd suspect more so trolling than a legitimate try at humor. If it was meant to be humor, it's in poor taste.

#3111 5 years ago

Bring on Munsters ....

Herman - "Hello Stern, It's almost a New Year and people would like to see the new Munsters Pinball" ....

Herman_Munster_at_party (resized).jpgHerman_Munster_at_party (resized).jpg
#3112 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I understand the background. But is still the wrong family - doesn't quite fit. Also the subject matter as a joke as it relates to children is in very poor taste. Trying to stay level and just say it's a swing and a miss. I'd suspect more so trolling than a legitimate try at humor. If it was meant to be humor, it's in poor taste.

I agree. It’s in very poor taste. It only fit in the fact that people were hoping for certain days of the week, so he posted “Wednesday”. Anyway, I’m with ya, I just want to see the damn game!

#3113 5 years ago

My name is on an LE . But I have had some good luck with my SW pro and DP pro.

#3114 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I'd suspect more so trolling than a legitimate try at humor

IMO the best humor is trolling humor. Love it. Especially when its humor disguised as trolling. It makes me laugh twice. Once at the joke, then again at the irate person who didn't see the joke.

But I agree some material is better left alone.

#3115 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

IMO the best humor is trolling humor. Love it. Especially when its humor disguised as trolling. It makes me laugh twice. Once at the joke, then again at the irate person who didn't see the joke.
But I agree some material is better left alone.

AE1D1AE9-E4BF-4CDE-8721-9BA935237F9D.gifAE1D1AE9-E4BF-4CDE-8721-9BA935237F9D.gif
#3116 5 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Im not a huge batman fan. But The munsters is not even in the same ballpark theme wise of Batman.
Should have skipped munsters and made BEATLEJUICE damn it! And ill be first in line for an LE.
All the hype is mostly just for a new pin in general.

Booooo!!!!

#3117 5 years ago

would you guys feel any better knowing that i could have chosen 'tuesday', just as 'weld' ?

tuesdayweld01 (resized).jpgtuesdayweld01 (resized).jpg
#3118 5 years ago

‪"‪Jan 6th-10th: Consumer Electronics Show (CES) Stream from Stern booth‬"...

20181230_085613 (resized).jpg20181230_085613 (resized).jpg
#3119 5 years ago

I guess this last post killed this topic?

#3120 5 years ago
Quoted from bohunr:

Not neccessarily. They could still announce the game and show pictures of the game before the CES show, and besides did you forget that this is Munsters Monday?

#3121 5 years ago

I hope your right besides my wife wanting me to get her another "ACDC Luci" back she's all in for the Munsters theme I just hope the price is right

#3122 5 years ago
Quoted from bohunr:

Definately not, they won't let the game livestream before teasing and announcing it.
So just wait another day...

#3123 5 years ago
Quoted from bohunr:

I hope your right besides my wife wanting me to get her another "ACDC Luci" back she's all in for the Munsters theme I just hope the price is right

I doubt we hear anything today, i was just joking about that but i do think we could see an announcement before the CES show possibly. I sure hope so anyway because im on this hunger strike waiting on the Munsters to reveal and im getting really hungry and need a pizza bad!

#3124 5 years ago

Do you mean, like , Chicago deep dish pizza with an ice cold beer bad?

#3125 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Do you mean, like , Chicago deep dish pizza with an ice cold beer bad?

Yeah that would be awesome but i would even settle for a frozen pizza right now!

#3126 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah that would be awesome but i would even settle for a frozen pizza right now!

Don't do the frozen pizza - stay on your Hunger strike and hold out for real pizza.
I'll settle for a Munster's tease.

Not doing a hunger strike - just waiting it out.... reading, listening to some tunes,etc

Also - Have a Happy New Year !
waiting (resized).jpgwaiting (resized).jpg

#3127 5 years ago

TWIP Munsters rumor is:

Premium Version will be black and white (b/w cabinet and playfield)
LE Version will be full color
The Premium and LE models have a lower playfield (Grandpa’s cellar)
There are four flipper buttons on Premium and LE version, with the extra flipper buttons presumably to control lower playfield flippers

When can we expect to see it officially revealed? All signs – especially the fact that the machines are on the line at Stern – point to very soon. It is worth noting that the CES Conference takes place in Las Vegas January 8th-11th, and Stern Pinball will be in booth 21800. Stay tuned!

Time will tell

#3128 5 years ago

Well I thought I was buying a Premium but a black and white playfield is a deal breaker. Le might be the way to go but it will be pricey...

#3129 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Premium but a black and white playfield is a deal breaker.

Nothing confirmed on that until the game is revealed.

#3130 5 years ago

I think the b&w will surprise everyone if true. Think Centaur. The game will look so cool! It will also reflect the era better. I'm out either way, but I'm excited about the possibility of b&w the most.

#3131 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Don't do the frozen pizza - stay on your Hunger strike and hold out for real pizza.
I'll settle for a Munster's tease.
Not doing a hunger strike - just waiting it out.... reading, listening to some tunes,etc
Also - Have a Happy New Year !
[quoted image]

A teaser vid is to introduce something new to an unsuspecting crowd. It should grab their attention enough to make them go - wow that looks cool and interesting OR it bores me - the reaction is less important to the greater goal of making you notice. In this situation, we have a gaggle who know Munsters Pinball is coming soon and a mob who want to see the Prem and LE already and who already know what the pro model looks like. Doing a teaser video seems out of place.

Why drop a match in a dry, tender forrest? No, it’s better Stern skips the teaser and for someone to leak pics today. Stern should reveals high res images Jan 1/2, bring all 3 models to CES on Jan 6 for streaming and start production on Munsters Prem’s AND LE’s on Jan 13. Who’s got today’s leaked pics ???

A black and white playfield and cabinet would probably grab my attention enough to buy one - premium here I come! Would be downshifting from LE to get the b&w version - so cool. Of those two elements, having a black and white playfield is what I really want. I’d swap the lcd to greyscale too. Having the black and white cabinet is a dream too, but it is slightly less important to me.

An interesting idea I’d like to see is for LE playfields to be b&w and Prem’s color. Then to offer both cabinet designs for both models. Buyer can “build” their own Munsters. First question - which playfield? Ok so you said b&w so you want the LE. Next which cabinet do you want? Color you say? Ok so you want LE which has unique features like real back glass, invisiglass and a plaque Plus it will be b&w playfield and color cabinet. Your custom game will be arriving in 4 weeks. Please pay now. This would mean there were two versions of Prem and two of LE or four unique combos. Whenever you encountered a Munsters on location or in a collection, it would be configured in 1 of 4 ways.

#3132 5 years ago

B&W premium will very likely be a pass for me without consideration and I sure will not be buying a LE.

#3133 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I think the b&w will surprise everyone if true. Think Centaur. The game will look so cool! It will also reflect the era better. I'm out either way, but I'm excited about the possibility of b&w the most.

I'd be surprised if there was gold-plated armor with a premium like the rendering. Doesn't add up.

#3134 5 years ago

It will make the LE worth a lot

#3135 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Well I thought I was buying a Premium but a black and white playfield is a deal breaker. Le might be the way to go but it will be pricey...

Wow. I’m so happy the BW version is the prem. If the display is BW too that will be awesome.

#3136 5 years ago

BW is definitely different I guess we need to see how it looks and how it looks all lit up!

#3137 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Definitely a Munsters Pinball should be in black & white... and everything in it.

7 months ago I mentioned that, that should be in the LE in my POV

#3138 5 years ago

Rumors are rumors are rumors, no point in putting too much stock in them. But a black and white playfield sounds pretty cool, I'd like to at least see that. If it's the Premium that's smart though, you can already see some people hate the idea. So don't risk it on your cash cow LE, put it on the Prem, and if it doesn't move as many units as expected then it's the new Road Case Metallica, and you drop a color 'Monsters' version like Metallica got. Or TWD got a new Fishtank Premium remember? You can do anything with the other models, can't redo the LE without damaging your marketing and brand.

#3139 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

can't redo the LE without damaging your marketing and brand

Stern cant damage their brand, they can do no wrong. Look at all the shit they have pulled on people in the last few years and people are still hurting themselves to pay 8k for one of their pins. What could they possibly do to hurt their brand?

#3140 5 years ago

They cant 'redo' some art assets because of some early subject to change promo material that leaked to a hand full of people months in advance?

Srsly, wich planet are you from?

#3141 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

They cant 'redo' some art assets because of some early subject to change promo material that leaked to a hand full of people months in advance?
Srsly, wich planet are you from?

I think the point is you can't reissue a new LE model without devaluing the original LE and pissing off a g'bunch of buyers.

#3142 5 years ago

So 3 separate playfield manufactures required? I know they've signed and recleared le's in the past but that seems like an enourmous outlay.

#3143 5 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

So 3 separate playfield manufactures required? I know they've signed and recleared le's in the past but that seems like an enourmous outlay.

Might be three different branches of the software, if the Premium has a B&W screen.

#3144 5 years ago

Well if the rumoured price increase is true (+600) on the LE then maybe but I seriously doubt there will be a playfield difference from the LE to premium - I’m waiting on this game - iron maiden LE is a clusterfuck with constant fixing of the captive balls, shooter path and sarcophagus mech. £10g’s we was mugged your honour! Not doing that again.

#3145 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Might be three different branches of the software, if the Premium has a B&W screen.

If $premium -___PALLETTE___ = B&W

It won’t be different video. Also suspect code will be video limited if you reflect on B66 and GOTG using really video. I’m thinking not much nore video assets than Star Wars.

#3146 5 years ago

I predict the B&W artwork sticks with the LE, not the premium.

#3147 5 years ago

If they go BW, they better go all in with screen, pf, cab etc.
Otherwise it’s just a bit odd..

DBCEA4DE-6088-4B51-8FFA-59E08175D4CB (resized).jpegDBCEA4DE-6088-4B51-8FFA-59E08175D4CB (resized).jpeg

#3148 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

If they go BW, they better go all in with screen, pf, cab etc.
Otherwise it’s a bit odd..
[quoted image]

Doesn't have to be exclusively B&W on the display. There could be a setting on the display to output B&W if you want...

I hope the Pre's are B&W and the LE's are color.

#3149 5 years ago

I'm interested in a premium, but I'm not a fan of black and white. I grew up with a black and white television, and I got news for you... it f*cking sucked. LOL, I'm never going back.

#3150 5 years ago

I'd have to see it before I could say for sure, but I think I'd rather have full color instead of B&W. I understand the novelty of it but B&W just looks so drab. You could have done the same thing with TZ back in the day. The B&W TZ that GAP did is very cool as a novelty piece and all, but what if it was the opposite and he made the first color TZ with the orig run being B&W? I bet you'd have people lined up to get the color version and dump the B&W.

Leave the LE for the people who really want B&W since I suspect it'll be a smaller population. The LE's are not the cash cows unless you're talking SLE games like Beatles and BM66. You can sell many more Prems and Pros than reg LE's, those are the real cash cows.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 49.99
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
5,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/63?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.