(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 164.
#3051 5 years ago

Any more guesses ? I'll take today or any day.

#3052 5 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

I'll go with January 6th.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ll take the 7th.

Anybody for the 4th ?

#3053 5 years ago

I’ll take the 4th

#3054 5 years ago

I'll take the date before the date it is released in the USA.

(I'm on the western side of the International Date Line)

#3055 5 years ago

Im going with Jan 5th.....

#3056 5 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

I'll go with January 6th.

What an Epiphany, yuk yuk

#3057 5 years ago

Teaser video today 12/28 or Monday 12/31. A series of leaked photos from various sources follows in the next 72 hours after the video. January 3 full reveal with high res photos and press release.

#3058 5 years ago

I understand these hype thread posts are always fast and furious, but are people really excited with The Munsters as a THEME or just the PIN itself?

#3059 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I understand these hype thread posts are always fast and furious, but are people really excited with The Munsters as a THEME or just the PIN itself?

Both

#3060 5 years ago

I pretty much get excited for all new pinball. Beatles was an exception for me.

Not a huge fan of the theme, but if the game is great I would consider anything regardless of theme.

#3061 5 years ago

Totally agree. Can't seem to understand the amount of hype for this game given the lackluster theme. Maybe it's just me, but the Munsters was just "meh". Funny concept, but got old quick. I guess the desire for a new game is just high. But really can't expect anything earth shattering from Stern. It will be a decent game, but I expect it to be mid level in the "wow" factor.

#3062 5 years ago

None of that for me. Just looking forward to any new pin, hoping it'll be great.

The art package definately is.

#3063 5 years ago

I personally like the theme. I also think they have a lot of stuff to work with from the show that it *could" become a great pin..we will have to wait and see, also the graphics look great at this point IMO

#3064 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Any more guesses ? I'll take today or any day.

john trudeau hopes for any wednesday.

#3065 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Totally agree. Can't seem to understand the amount of hype for this game given the lackluster theme. Maybe it's just me, but the Munsters was just "meh". Funny concept, but got old quick. I guess the desire for a new game is just high. But really can't expect anything earth shattering from Stern. It will be a decent game, but I expect it to be mid level in the "wow" factor.

There hasn't been much more than the theme and some leaked art pics to go on for the 3K+ posts in this thread, so if it's generating that kind of interest on that alone and several people asking for its release daily, well, calling it lackluster may not be accurate.

#3066 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

But really can't expect anything earth shattering from Stern. It will be a decent game, but I expect it to be mid level in the "wow" factor.

I have to agree!

#3067 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Quoted from Skyemont:

I have to agree!

Yeah, I was going to wait wait wait, but honestly they're all very similar, and Munsters will be the same.

Decided to pull the trigger on HUO Dialed In LE for a bit of a different feel. I had Iron Maiden Pro and LOVED it, but when I'd go to a different pin, like AC/DC, holy hell it was tough. Maiden shots are really forgiving and too much IM hurt my playing.

One Stern that I really wish I had back is TWD, since the rules and features are SO good. Hard to top that in my book (except the art is easy to top).

#3068 5 years ago

We grew up with only 3 channels on TV and got to watch the Munsters on one of the 3 channels and the re runs for years to come. When I finally got Scared Stiff and was so excited when I picked it up my Kids and Grand Kids had no idea who Elvira was and probably have no idea who the Munsters are either. Not sure how the game will play but my wife was excited about the possibility as well as the possibility for Elvira 3 (not to con-volute this thread) more reasons for me to have both Maybe someone should make a poll on the release date and add it to this thread? Happy Holidays Fellow Pinsiders!

#3069 5 years ago

I’m happy to be part of a hobby that gets to experience these hype cycles around something new multiple times per year.

#3070 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Can't seem to understand the amount of hype for this game given the lackluster theme. Maybe it's just me, but the Munsters was just "meh

I think it's probably the same nostalgic allure as BM66. If Stern can match the rules and theme integration, it'll be a hit.

They set a new bar with BM66. It's unbelievable how well the LCD and sound integrate the old TV show into the game. Batman has more energy than Herman, but it's the campy humor where it excels. Munster's humor is similar.

Hopefully they can pull it off again. My money is staying in my pocket for now. BM66 sucked at first.

#3071 5 years ago

Info will absolutely be released this year or next! (I'm pretty sure about this!)

#3072 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ll take the 7th.

8th is first day of CES....

#3073 5 years ago

I am officially leaking the information- Stern will be making The Munsters Pro, Premium & LE pinball versions in January 2019.

Call your loco distro and place an order for $5800, $7700 or $8800 respectively!

#3074 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

8th is first day of CES....

I’ll take the 7th.

#3075 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I am officially leaking the information- Stern will be making The Munsters Pro, Premium & LE pinball versions in January 2019.
Call your loco distro and place an order for $5800, $7700 or $8800 respectively!

I was told $8300 for the LE....

#3076 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I was told $8300 for the LE....

Right next to Hilton’s $4700 pro.

#3077 5 years ago

Ideas for speaker grills.

1A994F73-5267-4C3F-BE24-4F9C18F5B116 (resized).jpeg1A994F73-5267-4C3F-BE24-4F9C18F5B116 (resized).jpeg8C743CDC-1426-47C0-AFF0-54378C96C359 (resized).png8C743CDC-1426-47C0-AFF0-54378C96C359 (resized).pngC2CCF68F-ABFA-47C5-8330-882B05E2959C (resized).pngC2CCF68F-ABFA-47C5-8330-882B05E2959C (resized).png

5CBE1297-2AD3-481D-A471-58C65DEE77AA (resized).png5CBE1297-2AD3-481D-A471-58C65DEE77AA (resized).png

D34AFC10-E4C5-47F0-A820-787E30344537 (resized).jpegD34AFC10-E4C5-47F0-A820-787E30344537 (resized).jpeg
#3078 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Ideas for speaker grills.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Munster Koach and Grandpa?

#3079 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Ouch!

#3080 5 years ago

I sat an watched White Christmas with an 80 year old a little before Christmas. I've seen the movie a dozen times and had never laughed once. He was laughing at all of the groanful jokes.

This is why certain people in this thread are so excited for Munsters. Their tastes are 60 years old and they have money. Gary is smart that way.

#3081 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Info will absolutely be released this year or next! (I'm pretty sure about this!)

Along with free beer tomorrow

#3082 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Right next to Hilton’s $4700 pro.

Wtf!?!

Another price increase?

SonofaB

#3083 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I sat an watched White Christmas with an 80 year old a little before Christmas. I've seen the movie a dozen times and had never laughed once. He was laughing at all of the groanful jokes.
This is why certain people in this thread are so excited for Munsters. Their tastes are 60 years old and they have money. Gary is smart that way.

I’m old fashioned,(45 years young) and I like the theme a lot!

#3084 5 years ago

Yeah, I had Iron Maiden Pro and LOVED it, but when I'd go to a different pin, like AC/DC, holy hell it was tough. Maiden shots are really forgiving and too much IM hurt my playing.
One Stern that I really wish I had back is TWD, since the rules and features are SO good. Hard to top that in my book (except the art is easy to top).

Funny you say that, I've been playing a bunch of iron maiden lately. Usually get some good games going so most times only need one or two.
Stepped off to play twd which I haven't played in awhile and the only thing I remember is hitting the play button over and over. Even when its kicking your ass it's quite the thrill.

#3085 5 years ago

I'm glad Stern is having a well earned break.
It is important to have a rest from work and reconnect with family and friends especially this time of year.

Also this will give Zach a little more time to give The Munsters reveal it deserves.

Great reveal, developed code, great integration with animations and gameply, sound mechs we already know the art will be killer.
TM = Instant success

Guessing week 2 or week 3 of January for reveal.
Distributers need a Christmas break as well and a chance to get set for the inrush. No point having a reveal if distros are closed.

LE's will be on the line and all will be spoken for within 2 days of reveal
Bring it on

#3086 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Guessing week 2 or week 3 of January for reveal.
Distributers need a Christmas break as well and a chance to get set for the inrush. No point having a reveal if distros are closed.
LE's will be on the line and all will be spoken for within 2 days of reveal
Bring it on

Completely ignore CES and wait until then? Makes no sense.

#3087 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I still think Monday 31st for teaser.
Zach hinted on H2H.

Unfortunately that was a joke. We asked him if there are anymore games to be announced this year. He said ask on the last day of the year or the the first day next year. As in.... that is the only time he can tell us.

What do you guys want in the reveal? Haven’t you already seen the entire game :p

#3088 5 years ago

A good reveal would consist of the following.
Firstly and perhaps most importantly, reveal all 3 models simultaneously.
Provide accurate details of all 3 models features matrix. And SRP for each
No more price games please Stern.
Have a press release with a handful of nice hi res photos for each model. No need to go crazy with dozens of photos, leave a little to the imigination.
Finally a short well produced video 1-2 minutes showing gameplay with some good audio quality to match.
Pro will be fine, give the LE and Premium buyers the chance to figure and imagine gameplay from photos.

Again I love JD and what he does but to see the game unfold on reveal would not be so cool for me.
Give it a few weeks at least. Let owners discover their game and then go hardcore with a full stream please JD.

#3089 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Completely ignore CES and wait until then? Makes no sense.

Yes.
show reveals are are never good
There opportunity is never available to appreciate the game
Big crowds, lots of noise, huge queus to have a 2 minute flip.
Then opinions are cast with no decent experience.
Can't say I have ever seen a good show reveal of a Pinball ?

#3090 5 years ago

Do you know what would happen if Stern didn’t reveal a new game at CES?

Nothing.

Every single tent pole event in the calendar is utterly meaningless. CES, E3, showing Elvira by Halloween, it’s all puffery that will affect sales not at all. If anything trying to compete with everyone at these events makes it worse. I work for a news site that covers CES, our writers hate it. We ignore every stupid press release we get. It’s a great time to bury your news if anything.

#3091 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Teaser video today 12/28 or Monday 12/31. A series of leaked photos from various sources follows in the next 72 hours after the video. January 3 full reveal with high res photos and press release.

That would be a great B-Day present for me.

#3092 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

That would be a great B-Day present for me.

Great, thanks for jinxing it. Now it's definitely not happening!

#3093 5 years ago

Im either going to get this game or MBRSE (leaning toward Munsters) and i gotta say that they both are making me lose sleep just thinking about them. Come on Stern release the game already!

#3094 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im either going to get this game or MBRSE (leaning toward Munsters) and i gotta say that they both are making me lose sleep just thinking about them. Come on Stern release the game already!

Still on your Hunger Strike too ? How's that going ?

#3095 5 years ago

Just don’t go on beer drinking strike.

#3096 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Still on your Hunger Strike too ? How's that going ?

Not gonna lie to you, I honestly forgot about it. I just ate a big bowl of ice cream and im really full so i will start it right now. I hope Gary hurries up and releases the game because if he doesn’t he will have to live with me starving to death for the rest of his life.

#3097 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I think it's probably the same nostalgic allure as BM66. If Stern can match the rules and theme integration, it'll be a hit.
They set a new bar with BM66. It's unbelievable how well the LCD and sound integrate the old TV show into the game. Batman has more energy than Herman, but it's the campy humor where it excels. Munster's humor is similar.
Hopefully they can pull it off again. My money is staying in my pocket for now. BM66 sucked at first.

Im not a huge batman fan. But The munsters is not even in the same ballpark theme wise of Batman.

Should have skipped munsters and made BEATLEJUICE damn it! And ill be first in line for an LE.

All the hype is mostly just for a new pin in general.

#3098 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

As much as I love a Deadflip reveal....
A good reveal would consist of the following.
Firstly and perhaps most importantly, reveal all 3 models simultaneously.
Provide accurate details of all 3 models features matrix. And SRP for each
No more price games please Stern.
Have a press release with a handful of nice hi res photos for each model. No need to go crazy with dozens of photos, leave a little to the imigination.
Finally a short well produced video 1-2 minutes showing gameplay with some good audio quality to match.
Pro will be fine, give the LE and Premium buyers the chance to figure and imagine gameplay from photos.
Again I love JD and what he does but to see the game unfold on reveal would not be so cool for me.
Give it a few weeks at least. Let owners discover their game and then go hardcore with a full stream please JD.

DF reveals are not my cup of tea. I turn off the sound and fast forward to get good views of the game and be done with it ASAP. A professional company reveal would be way better. Show us the models and features via the designers like JJP. Then let the camera happy, disorganized kids play the game for YouTube.

#3099 5 years ago

With my bad eyesight, I have trouble seeing the playfield action during those 3-4 split screen gameplay vids.

#3100 5 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

BEATLEJUICE damn it

Stay tuned!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/62?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.