(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 164.
#3001 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Star Wars was absolutely not incomplete at launch

Don't use no double negatives. Not never. ( - :

#3002 5 years ago
48413132_10210650529939764_595042271179571200_n (resized).jpg48413132_10210650529939764_595042271179571200_n (resized).jpg
#3003 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I didn’t say “don’t buy it”. I said don’t buy it until you are happy with the code. Big difference.
Those that buy and bitch are rewarding Stern for bad behavior. If buyers don’t make feature complete code a priority, Stern certainly won’t.

Your absolutely right, I've been sucked in to the hype of these new release themes to the point where fatigue has set in. I have constantly got sucked in by hype with nothing ever done on time, shit communication via distributor or manufacture and a slow drip when it comes to code improvements. That's why I went with MBr because the wait is reasonable and I know out of the gate I'm not going to have any code issues with a game that is already completed. My last hype roller coaster will be ACNC #97 after that comes in I am done riding hype trains. I've managed to accumulate just enough knowledge of this hobby to be dangerous to myself and I am going to wait on future releases until I am satisfied with the game being as completed as possible before making a purchase. I don't think the LE scarcity game we see get played out here will hold water anymore. Just MHO.. Hoping to see a completed game with the Munsters and figures cross for a high "cool" factor.

#3004 5 years ago

Any coffin candy in the stockings today?

0F2C34A1-41EB-43AF-827E-FA634DE1D2B0 (resized).jpeg0F2C34A1-41EB-43AF-827E-FA634DE1D2B0 (resized).jpegE213C8B9-9FF9-4564-BC83-D1C03BFEA59D (resized).jpegE213C8B9-9FF9-4564-BC83-D1C03BFEA59D (resized).jpeg
#3005 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Your absolutely right, I've been sucked in to the hype of these new release themes to the point where fatigue has set in. I have constantly got sucked in by hype with nothing ever done on time, shit communication via distributor or manufacture and a slow drip when it comes to code improvements. That's why I went with MBr because the wait is reasonable and I know out of the gate I'm not going to have any code issues with a game that is already completed. My last hype roller coaster will be ACNC #97 after that comes in I am done riding hype trains. I've managed to accumulate just enough knowledge of this hobby to be dangerous to myself and I am going to wait on future releases until I am satisfied with the game being as completed as possible before making a purchase. I don't think the LE scarcity game we see get played out here will hold water anymore. Just MHO..

The assumption that remakes don't have their own "rollercoaster" put a smile on my face. Last year, my AFMrLE was down for many weeks and unplayable over the holidays (blew 2 boards). Distributor took the game back. This fiasco kicked off the big rework of one of the chips (which they sent out to existing owners).

The decision to purchase an "old game" like MBr because the software was finished decades ago is certainly one way to go! For many of us who have owned the originals, I guess we are bored with decades old software and like playing new rule sets (even if it takes awhile to finish them). For good or bad, many of the games are MUCH more complicated than AFM/MB, so sometimes it takes longer than anticipated (SW is a standout among complex rulesets). I wasn't happy with the state of my KISS Premium software, but Stern recently released a great update and the game rocks. I love the way the game shoots and license, so waiting for the update wasn't that big a deal.

I was ready to ride the ACNC roller coaster until I saw the reveal and decided it wasn't for me.

snaroff

#3006 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Might as well snooze this thread for awhile. Enjoy the games you have, enjoy your friends and family for Christmas. Enjoy those leaked cell phone pics, that’s all you get for awhile from the overseas leak. Not gonna announce a game while others are selling briskly and dealers are trying to sell in stock product for the holidays.
Just be happy knowing that pros are on the line for overseas container shipments.
Stern has got a good schedule going, as in past releases.
1. Production begins for Europe Pro sales.
2. Containers get loaded for the slow boat.
3. USA market Pros get on the line.
4. Teaser vid.
5. Announcement
6. 24-48 hours later press release and pics.
7. Live video of massive amount of cabinets and games built in the line.
8. Games ship to people within days.
9. People lose their shit because of the quick build-to-shipping timeline and Pinside goes apeshit.
Seems to be the recent trend. Love it.

mnpinball are the USA pros on the line tomorrow?

#3007 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I wasn't happy with the state of my KISS Premium software, but Stern recently released a great update and the game rocks. I love the way the game shoots and license, so waiting for the update wasn't that big a deal.
I was ready to ride the ACNC roller coaster until I saw the reveal and decided it wasn't for me.
snaroff

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on ACNC since I have already committed to the game with the deposit and upgrades. I liked Kiss, but how long did that take for that code to be completed? You definitely have a lot more patience and probably more room to hold on to those games longer. Kiss was fine for me when I got it, I've since sold it but still liked the game as it was when I bought it. I guess the best example for me would be Ghostbusters, it took a good 3 code adjustments for it to be really playable for me. I'm just going to take my time making decisions going forward on these games and not be so quick to jump into the whirlwind of theme excitement when they are announced.

#3008 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I have constantly got sucked in by hype with nothing ever done on time, shit communication via distributor or manufacture and a slow drip when it comes to code improvements. That's why I went with MBr because the wait is reasonable and I know out of the gate I'm not going to have any code issues with a game that is already completed. My last hype roller coaster will be ACNC #97 after that comes in I am done riding hype trains. I've managed to accumulate just enough knowledge of this hobby to be dangerous to myself and I am going to wait on future releases until I am satisfied with the game being as completed as possible before making a purchase.

nice to know that what some believed was my 'trolling' of spooky in the ACNC production thread will be vindicated as more 'customers' finally start waking up, refusing to be taken advantage of in the future. having witnessed this gentleman frustrations in said thread, he has laid things out here quite eloquently.

and who was at the controls of that 'hype rollercoaster'?
it was the same guy who received ACNC#2 late summer, routed it for only 300 plays over 3 months, and then sold it mid november. hes already sold one physical game, before nearly 500 others have yet to even receive theirs. the same guy who made fun of me when i mentioned the number of customers who happened to be selling their spots in line for any number of reasons - and hes already joined them by selling his early 'production' game. all of his hype. all of his speculation. little of it has come true. but he sure knew how to 'report' and quash the one person who was the consumers advocate.

whysnow : rollercoaster operator
whysnowrollercoaster01 (resized).jpgwhysnowrollercoaster01 (resized).jpg

#3009 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Hey, we have the same address! Maybe it will get delivered to me instead.

Maybe two on the same delivery truck. Like that hasn't happened before. LOL

Freight Driver - " I have another pinball game in the truck going to Saukville, next stop " Telephone rings - " Hey is there a freight truck at your house ? "

Me - " Yes he's dropping my game now - he should be to your house shortly with your game "

It would be funny if we got the same driver again .... This is probably what the drivers Manifest will look like

Munsters Delivery Day Manifest :
Stop #11 - 1313 Mocking Bird Lane, Grafton
Stop #12 - 1313 Mocking Bird Lane , Saukville

#3010 5 years ago

Is today the day???

#3011 5 years ago

Probably or Probably Not.

#3012 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is today the day???

Not likely, I heard 1/8 a few weeks ago.

#3013 5 years ago

F*ck it, i’m going on a hunger strike until it releases. Im sick of this crap!

#3014 5 years ago
images (1) (resized).jpegimages (1) (resized).jpeg
#3016 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is today the day???

I wish! but guessing that it will reveal with some crappy photos and half asses cell phone vids from that industry show the first week of Jan.

Sure would be nice to have it drop today in order to have some entertainment this week while things are slow at work.

#3017 5 years ago

Vids from trade or pinball shows are pretty worthless due to all of the background noise .

#3018 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I wish! but guessing that it will reveal with some crappy photos and half asses cell phone vids from that industry show the first week of Jan.
Sure would be nice to have it drop today in order to have some entertainment this week while things are slow at work.

Yesterdays DF stream he was talking and it sounded like he will be streaming Munsters at that show. He didnt come out and say that obviously, but thats pretty much what it sounded like to me. Of course we still could see a reveal before then.......hopefully.

#3019 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yesterdays DF stream he was talking and it sounded like he will be streaming Munsters at that show. He didnt come out and say that obviously, but thats pretty much what it sounded like to me. Of course we still could see a reveal before then.......hopefully.

I like that plan - with a reveal before then thrown in for good measure.

Just announce it already !

#3020 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I like that plan - with a reveal before then thrown in for good measure.
Just announce it already !

Teaser January 1st 2019!

MMW!

#3021 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Teaser January 1st 2019!
MMW!

Try a week later.

#3022 5 years ago

Anyone else attending CES?

#3023 5 years ago

Munsters pinball will be in the happy new year!

2EC4CED9-9EA5-45E5-BE0A-64E7145518B8 (resized).jpeg2EC4CED9-9EA5-45E5-BE0A-64E7145518B8 (resized).jpeg

#3024 5 years ago

Today is definitely not the day Stern won’t will show us Munsters. I have a new forecast of Jan 1/2 for the announcement. That puts Munsters into 2019, while allowing a few weeks to ramp production by Jan 14. It’s going to be Christmas all over again come January.

Will we see an upper playfield??? What kind of video will be used?? Will Lily be dressed in a sexy bikini? Pinballers who are Munster fanatics want to know.

#3025 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Try a week later.

CES is full reveal, as I posted way earlier.

January 1st is reveal TEASER.

#3026 5 years ago

I'm interested to see what's on the lower playfield....time will tell.

#3027 5 years ago

Agree on seeing Munsters teaser/ reveal early Jan. Stern is bringing their latest game to CES - which means 3 versions of GOTG. Newest does not not DP, Beatles nor Primus, more or less relatively new. Stern will also be showcasing their new digital pinball. Accessible on multiple platforms, Ghostbusters will be highlighted and maybe available in virtual reality too. There are no indications we will see Munsters at CES.

4575C3ED-AD2F-4FC0-BDA1-D3DBE3060C61 (resized).png4575C3ED-AD2F-4FC0-BDA1-D3DBE3060C61 (resized).png
2CAB6C66-4E44-4DDA-A7C2-12EBF3E9BF77 (resized).jpeg2CAB6C66-4E44-4DDA-A7C2-12EBF3E9BF77 (resized).jpeg1D8A7D75-C494-4B16-9884-3A82062672DB (resized).jpeg1D8A7D75-C494-4B16-9884-3A82062672DB (resized).jpeg

#3028 5 years ago

Maybe stern will showcase a code update for Ghostbusters

#3029 5 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Maybe stern will showcase a code update for Ghostbusters

I’ll bet you are correct, although 100% of attendees won’t notice a difference.

#3030 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Agree on seeing Munsters teaser/ reveal early Jan. Stern is bringing their latest game to CES - which means 3 versions of GOTG. Newest does not not DP, Beatles nor Primus, more or less relatively new. Stern will also be showcasing their new digital pinball. Accessible on multiple platforms, Ghostbusters will be highlighted and maybe available in virtual reality too. There are no indications we will see Munsters at CES.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Um.. your pics are for 2018 CES..not 2019

#3031 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

Um.. your pics are for 2018 CES..not 2019

hahaha you are correct. They must not have made or left a big impression.

#3032 5 years ago

hahaha you are correct. They must not have made or left a big impression.

#jefffail

#3033 5 years ago

... @ weinermobile

Stern will just pop this game public one of these days. No guessing on their marketing.

You'd have thought we would have seen this game by now.

Poor sales of Beatles is probably a contributing factor to the delay. Munsters is coming though. They probably have a fairly good pile of Domestic Pros sitting in the box already. They should flow out to distros quickly when they cut loose the Munsters being held hostage at the factory.

Let Herman Go !

#3034 5 years ago

A year ago I would be all in for an LE as i like the Munsters theme. But i am waiting becouse I am sick of giving stern money for incomplete games, and there is no guarantee that they will finish the code either.

#3035 5 years ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Why would you expect them to mention the game they haven't announced yet? You don't put the surprise in your PR... nor do you undercut any exclusives you've setup. Duh

The only question would be is if it's CES or EAG. I would expect them to do it as cES so they get the media cycle.

#3036 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

... @ weinermobile
Stern will just pop this game public one of these days. No guessing on their marketing.
You'd have thought we would have seen this game by now.

The release cadence has been known for a long time... there is no delay. Its just a topic of release order. When they did Beatles first... well the next time slot was basically set

#3037 5 years ago

...It's been delayed or placed out of order or what ever you want to call it flynnbust. Also the Pro Exports have been done and the Domestic Pros have been on the line for a week or two. Delayed in my book.

#3038 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

...It's been delayed or placed out of order or what ever you want to call it flynnbust. Also the Pro Exports have been done and the Domestic Pros have been on the line for a week or two. Delayed in my book.

No.

Beatles was intended for CES and has switched places. Not due to delay but to release Beatles as a 'christmas gift' title for non pinball collectors makes sense.

With full reveal at CES the games can start shipping immediately. Games arrive on european shores January 8th if I remember correctly.

Dwight said in his last interview Stern has some News in Stock from the very first day of the year, so I'm thinking Stern Teasers start Jan. 2nd latest.

#3039 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Beatles was intended for CES and has switched places. Not due to delay but to release Beatles as a 'christmas gift' title for non pinball collectors makes sense.

Or maybe because the game designer was sick and missed a chunk of time recovering before finishing the game?

#3040 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

No.
With full reveal at CES the games can start shipping immediately. Games arrive on european shores January 8th if I remember correctly.
Dwight said in his last interview Stern has some News in Stock from the very first day of the year, so I'm thinking Stern Teasers start Jan. 2nd latest.

*Ding Fries Are Done*

#3041 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Or it's perfectly on schedule

#3042 5 years ago

So if they were to announce The Munsters on Munsters Monday which would be December 31, would it still be considered a 2018 title? If its not announced by then i say we can plan on Wednesday January 2nd because Stern may be closed on New Years day. Also Stern may not work on New Years Eve either so that would rule out Munsters Monday.

Geeeze.....just announce the damn game tomorrow Gary will ya?

#3043 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So if they were to announce The Munsters on Munsters Monday which would be December 31, would it still be considered a 2018 title? If its not announced by then i say we can plan on Wednesday January 2nd because Stern may be closed on New Years day. Also Stern may not work on New Years Eve either so that would rule out Munsters Monday.
Geeeze.....just announce the damn game tomorrow Gary will ya?

You sound like the Tasty Wheat guy from the Matrix.

20181227_221144 (resized).jpg20181227_221144 (resized).jpg
#3044 5 years ago

January 3rd is the date, since we are speculating!

#3045 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You sound like the Tasty Wheat guy from the Matrix.
[quoted image]

True!

#3046 5 years ago

I still think Monday 31st for teaser.

Zach hinted on H2H.

#3047 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I still think Monday 31st for teaser.
Zach hinted on H2H.

Monday the 31st, That would be good.

I also like Jan 1,2,3 predictions too.

Anytime real soon would be very nice and make for a Happy New Year.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3048 5 years ago

I'll go with January 6th.

#3049 5 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

For what?

#3050 5 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

I’ll take the 7th.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/61?hl=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.