(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 164.
#2851 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Stern might have missed their window for extraordinary sales on Munsters:
1. After Xmas - money will be tight for purchases like these
2. Missed the window for good sales on Munsters by releasing Beatles first and competition releasing MB remake
3. Stock market has took a major hit - so will consumer confidence
What say you Pinsiders! How bad will sales get hit by Stern’s order of priority????????

Beatles is a game targeted not to the main pinball market.
For it to Switch places an CES with Munsters is a great move so all these 'normal' People can make themselfes some overpriced Christmas gift wihle the main pinball buyers will buy their cornerstone Munsters game anyway, at any time.

#2852 5 years ago

Beatles is also targeted to the normal pinball market besides "Beatles Collectors." The only problem is they made the Gold edition too over priced to be considered by most pinball types when so many other options are out there at less money. Golds would have sold much better at Pro Pricing.

8K for those Golds is a lot of bread for those ! Way too many games for my taste I'd rather buy with that money.

I'll take a Munsters !!! Let's go Stern.

I would have liked to have seen an announcement made in the last two weeks for Munsters. The Exports are on their way and Pro's are on the line. No need to delay..... I'd guess they just want to try selling a few more Beatles as those are not selling well at all.

Release the game we have been waiting for. Announce Munsters.

#2853 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Beatles is a game targeted not to the main pinball market.
For it to Switch places an CES with Munsters is a great move so all these 'normal' People can make themselfes some overpriced Christmas gift wihle the main pinball buyers will buy their cornerstone Munsters game anyway, at any time.

Don't know how you define the "main pinball market". Anyone that really loves pinball appreciates games from all era's. I love my 80's lineup (Paragon/Centaur/Fathom) and The Beatles is a modern spin on this era pinball. Since none of us know Stern's margins, it's impossible to speculate on what titles are "over priced". One thing is certain, NIB pinball games are expensive and The Beatles is in the sweet spot of what folks have been paying (5-10k). Any pinballer that thumbs his/her nose at The Beatles because it doesn't have "ramps" is missing out! Many of us welcome the change to the Stern's usual formula...

snaroff

#2854 5 years ago

I'm sure Beatles is a fun game. But at 8k for a Gold, it sure isn't a lead choice to me. Enjoy. Not knocking the game.

I am just saying for myself it's too much for that title. I think they would have sold better if they would have had Pro Pricing. If your wallet opens further for that one more power to you. Enjoy the game. I am sure it's fun.

#2855 5 years ago

snaroff

I actually enjoy 80's and 90's games. They are fun ! That's not the issue with me. I just would rather put my money towards a different game if we are talking about spending 8k.

It's cool if you have a Beatles. I sure wouldn't object if one of my friends bought one. I'd sure be looking for an invite to play it.

#2856 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Stern might have missed their window for extraordinary sales on Munsters:

1. After Xmas - money will be tight for purchases like these
2. Missed the window for good sales on Munsters by releasing Beatles first and competition releasing MB remake
3. Stock market has took a major hit - so will consumer confidence

What say you Pinsiders! How bad will sales get hit by Stern’s order of priority????????

Stern doesn't think this way. They release games on the schedule of keeping their factory busy. No more, no less. They design new games with the intention of putting something on the line - when the line needs something.

So Munsters hit the line because the factory needs it, and then they market around that.

It's possible Beatles sold less than anticipated and Musters was bumped up slightly. That's about the only observation I have here.

#2857 5 years ago

Herman - where are you ? Come home soon. Eddie and Grandpa are waiting. Spot and Kitty need to be fed.

Lilly

P.S. Please pick up a Stern Munsters on your way home. We want to play pinball.

#2858 5 years ago

Beatles Gold would have been sold out or nearly so by now if it had been at Pro pricing

#2859 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Stern doesn't think this way. They release games on the schedule of keeping their factory busy. No more, no less. They design new games with the intention of putting something on the line - when the line needs something.
So Munsters hit the line because the factory needs it, and then they market around that.

Exports games are out and Domestic Pro's are on the line. What's the hang up ? Push them out already. Announcement please.

#2860 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Beatles Gold would have been sold out or nearly so by now if it had been at Pro pricing

They'd be selling a lot better.

Now let's get those Munsters Pro's out there and see how that goes !

#2861 5 years ago

Told Trent that I’m in on a Pro ...... how about the rest of you?

#2862 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I scratch my head at this comment. Why are you in on a Pro? Have you played it yet? Is it limited, will it sell out?

I personally have learned it is better to hold off and play first-then fall in love and pull the trigger. Way too many people buying blind and then selling their machines weeks later because the game did not click with them. The LE has a probability of selling out-if you want one get on a list. As far as the Pro goes-no need to go in blind unless you are a super Munsters fanatic and have to have it.

#2863 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I want to see the pro and Premium models both before making a decision. This is a dream theme for me!

#2864 5 years ago

I have found Stern Pro's play very well. No problem going in blind for me - especially on this theme and being a John Borg game. John had wanted to do this theme for years and now it's done. This will be a winner. Not a head scratcher for me.

#2865 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This is a dream theme for me!

This theme is average for me, I grew up watching them(more so than BM66) but still just a vague childhood memory. Now bring on Back to the Future LE from Stern and I will blindly throw them my money without batting a eye.

#2866 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I have found Stern Pro's play very well. No problem going in blind for me - especially on this theme and being a John Borg game. John had wanted to do this theme for years and now it's done. This will be a winner. Not a head scratcher for me.

I agree with Pinmister that its never a good idea to go in blind but you make a good point also. Borg makes killer games and i think the risk is extremely low that this game ends up being a dud.

#2867 5 years ago

I’m hoping for a reskin of Flash Gordon with The Monkeys! I’ll also take I Dream of Genie. Dream theme!

#2868 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Borg makes killer games and i think the risk is extremely low that this game ends up being a dud.

The problem with pinball is it really is up to the particular individuals taste. Everyone has different taste and so someone may pull the trigger on a game because someone said it was the best thing since sliced bread. They get it home, open and play and it ends up being a disappointment. They then can't wait to get rid of it, in hopes of finding one that they like. Almost like three little bear story. In today's market there really is no reason to go in blind, even the LE's are available on secondary market if you eventually decide you want one. I think it is a pain in the ass to buy and sell games so I now try and play several times before I pull the trigger on any new titles. Most of my machines end up being keepers. I am super picky now-only the games that are fun to me make the cut.

#2869 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Since none of us know Stern's margins, it's impossible to speculate on what titles are "over priced".

We kinda do, but it doesn't matter anyway.

The customer cares for what the customer has to pay, and if you get basically the same game for 8500$ (Gold) or ~25000$ (Diamond) that last one is definately overpriced.
And each one is stil way more expensive then a Stern Pro, so Beatles definately makes for the "more expensive" Christmas gift (or a Thing that you most likely better sell on Christmas then on any other date).

#2870 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I scratch my head at this comment. Why are you in on a Pro? Have you played it yet? Is it limited, will it sell out?
I personally have learned it is better to hold off and play first-then fall in love and pull the trigger. Way too many people buying blind and then selling their machines weeks later because the game did not click with them. The LE has a probability of selling out-if you want one get on a list. As far as the Pro goes-no need to go in blind unless you are a super Munsters fanatic and have to have it.

I have no issue when someone wants to spend their money on a pinball machine. He wants to have one of the first Pros and is excited to get it. All good. Of course they will be produced for years, etc but let the guy buy what he wants to buy!!

#2871 5 years ago

What was the last Borg Premium / LE model that was a must buy over the Pro?

#2872 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

More
I have no issue when someone wants to spend their money on a Pinball machine. He wants to have one of the first Pros and is excited to get it. All good. Of course they will be produced for years, etc but let the guy buy what he wants to buy!!

So you are dissing me because I am advising people to exercise patience. I wish people would have told me about patience when I first got into this addicting hobby. What is a couple weeks waiting? Patience Danial San!

#2873 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

We kinda do, but it doesn't matter anyway.
The customer cares for what the customer has to pay, and if you get basically the same game for 8500$ (Gold) or ~25000$ (Diamond) that last one is definately overpriced.
And each one is stil way more expensive then a Stern Pro, so Beatles definately makes for the "more expensive" Christmas gift (or a Thing that you most likely better sell on Christmas then on any other date).

Diamonds are sold to speculators or stupid folks or folks with stupid money (Supreme being auctioned for 70k on eBay!)

My comments were wrt Gold, which I picked up NIB for much less than 8500! The Gold is somewhere between a Pro and a Premium (very well-done armor, side-art, speaker trim, spinning disk). Just because it doesn't have "ramps" doesn't automatically make it a Pro.

snaroff

#2874 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So you are dissing me because I am advising people to exercise patience. I wish people would have told me about patience when I first got into this addicting hobby. What is a couple weeks waiting? Patience Danial San!

Not dissing anyone. When you are excited about a game for whatever reason often patience and rationalization goes out the window. Many of us have been there. It’s great to be excited for something like this and I don’t blame him for wanting it NOW!

#2875 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What was the last Borg Pro model that was a must buy over the Premium / LE?

I'm cheap. I buy Pro's. They usually flow better and play faster and less tweaking and adjusting. Just My preference. Probably what some others are thinking too. I don't usually need or miss the extras. Pro's are nice games.

Could I be blown away and buy a Premium or LE sometime. Sure.

#2876 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I'm cheap. I buy Pro's. They usually flow better and play faster and less tweaking and adjusting. Just My preference. Probably what some others are thinking too. I don't usually need or miss the extras. Pro's are nice games.
Could I be blown away and buy a Premium or LE sometime. Sure.

I edited my question. My point is that Borg Pro models are usually the preferred choice anyway. Maybe this is the exception with the lower playfield but maybe not.

#2877 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

TRON LE, which preceded the Pro/Premium/LE leveling. Sure, over the years, Pro's can be modded to approach an LE, however nothing like a TRON LE. I own both a heavily modded Pro and LE...so I speak from experience

TRON LE is one of the best game Stern ever made. I just acquired mine recently, waited on the sidelines for many years. My Pro gets more play than all my games, so I decided to take the plunge. A long list of differences from the Pro...

1 - Daft Punk Multiball
2 - Silver around PF inserts
3 - Drop targets instead of standups
4 - Moving Recognizer
5 - Color changing lighted ramps
6 - LED insert PCBs
7 - Alternating color flashers under the spinner
8 - Individually controlled recognizer inserts in front of the 3 target
9 - Chrome trim
10 - Metal apron with clear blue windows w/ flashers
11 - Metal PF rails
12 - Traditional lockdown bar and receiver
13 - LE numbered plaque on back box and signed certificate of authenticity
14 - Hologram sticker on translite

If Stern gave Borg/team the time, I'm hopeful the Premium/LE will rock. On many of Borg's games, the Pro's are great (MET/AS/KISS).

snaroff

#2878 5 years ago

Interesting conversations this morning on line. Too bad we are not talking about public reveal pictures today.

Come on Stern - Just do it.

#2879 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

TRON LE, which preceded the Pro/Premium/LE leveling.

Tron LE is great, but that was a long time ago and Stern operates quite differently now.

#2880 5 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

The machine will be great!!!! Better than most of the new stuff that is out!!!!

I didnt know prophet's existed.

#2881 5 years ago

Its time.....I think that the schedule was to release earlier, but fell behind.
Sales in the Majority of retail sectors, especially luxury items, have been down this year, as I hear.
True to what other industries do, I think the decision was to wait, so existing titles and
stock could have some sell through with vendors to the general public for the holidays,
reducing inventory, freeing up capital, as they know a new title would have us, the hobbyists
buying in the beginning of the year, with a predictable early demand.
Ive simply heard a couple weeks ago, of a lot of stock on hand of NIB of existing titles, that needed to be moved...
Anyone hear differently in their area? Vendors with empty "shelves?"

#2882 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Diamonds are sold to speculators or stupid folks or folks with stupid money

I allready said overpriced game sold as christmas gift, you started the discussion.

#2883 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I agree Borg Pros are usually way to go

#2884 5 years ago

I see no reason people can't buy what/ when they want on these sort of toys. Giving personal opinions on what they would do is normal/ expected on a forum....chastizing/ berating others for not aligning with their own opinion has sadly become a trend on pinside (not this thread, in particular, this will happen after the game is announced and priced). Is what it is, but unhealthy in my opinion.

Regarding TronLE (off topic a bit)...no premiums, machine has gameplay features that the pro doesn't have, and will always be polarizing, because it will never be remade (TronVE maybe, but won't mimic or better the LE ...would destroy the LE market all together...been stated many, many times). An absolute Stern Classic, and still stands up well to anything out there.

Back on topic, I like to speculate and have high confidence Munsters will meet/ exceed my expectations. Reserved an LE, and what others do is completely fine....this is just me.

#2885 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Its time.....I think that the schedule was to release earlier, but fell behind.
Sales in the Majority of retail sectors, especially luxury items, have been down this year, as I hear.
True to what other industries do, I think the decision was to wait, so existing titles and
stock could have some sell through with vendors to the general public for the holidays,
reducing inventory, freeing up capital, as they know a new title would have us, the hobbyists
buying in the beginning of the year, with a predictable early demand.
Ive simply heard a couple weeks ago, of a lot of stock on hand of NIB of existing titles, that needed to be moved...
Anyone hear differently in their area? Vendors with empty "shelves?"

Art I think you are spot on here. If inventory was moving briskly Stern would have already announced to keep the trucks rolling to distributors.

#2886 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Reserved an LE, and what others do is completely fine....this is just me.

Awesome. Can't wait to see this thing and play it. I was so excited for Star Wars that I reserved an LE before announcement, canceled my LE order, bought a Pro while I was waiting for my Premium to ship. Is that rational or the "smart" thing to do? Hell no! But I had a blast playing my Pro and love SW Premium.

The folks that buy games right away are actually pretty important because they get the games into circulation quickly. We all have friends that buy most everything and sometimes sell quickly, not because the game is bad, just how they rotate. I think its cool when you have options and can go NIB or used secondary very shortly after release.

#2887 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That would the same day the ship will arrive in the netherlands as far as Someone told me...
So it cant be any later then CES at least.

This makes a lot of sense, and Stern does have a booth at CES this year.

#2888 5 years ago

What/ where is CES ?

#2889 5 years ago

Consumer Electronic Show....Las Vegas...First week in January

#2890 5 years ago

Oh, ok thanks.... that sounds like a fun show to attend.

#2891 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Awesome. Can't wait to see this thing and play it. I was so excited for Star Wars that I reserved an LE before announcement, canceled my LE order, bought a Pro while I was waiting for my Premium to ship. Is that rational or the "smart" thing to do? Hell no! But I had a blast playing my Pro and love SW Premium.
The folks that buy games right away are actually pretty important because they get the games into circulation quickly. We all have friends that buy most everything and sometimes sell quickly, not because the game is bad, just how they rotate. I think its cool when you have options and can go NIB or used secondary very shortly after release.

I never use to buy early before playing, but if you love the theme, it's not irrational (especially if it's a strong license, like Munsters/Beatles/StarWars).

I also think owning a pinball is like owning a mattress from this perspective: it's impossible to know if you are going to like a mattress until sleeping on it for days/months. Games are also hard to fully evaluate until you've owned them for awhile. My initial reaction to Aerosmith was "meh", however the game has grown on me. I find this happens with many games...particularly the newer ones (that often ship with half-baked code). Star Wars also takes awhile to "love" and plays crappy in a public arcade (since it's impossible to hear all the audible cues).

snaroff

#2892 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Oh, ok thanks.... that sounds like a fun show to attend.

Never been to it, but it always sounds like the population of a decent sized city crammed into a convention center. People come back completely exhausted from the crowds.

#2893 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I also think owning a pinball is like owning a mattress from this perspective: it's impossible to know if you are going to like a mattress until sleeping on it for days/months.

First time I've heard this analogy, and incredibly accurate!!!!! Great input....thanks....

#2894 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

First time I've heard this analogy, and incredibly accurate!!!!! Great input....thanks....

I hope ur being sarcastic. The matress/pin anaolgy?

#2895 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

way better than a cargument.....

#2896 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

way better than a cargument.....

What isn't?

#2897 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I love my analogy Are you able to properly assess a pin after playing it for 10-15 minutes? Not me. That's the point of the analogy (in case it wasn't obvious). Unless the pin is a total dog, the financial downside of the "in home trial" isn't huge...and besides, it's a great way to rationalize irrational pin purchase behavior

snaroff

#2898 5 years ago

I live in a rural area and so a 2 hour drive to find a barcade with a title I am interested in is tough. Even if I did, the noise and sometimes below average condition of the title doesn’t give it a fair shake. So, to buy NIB and quickly is an option I want to try at least once.... based on theme anyway, Munsters has the best chance of success in my home. If not, an OP will take it off my hands.
To my point, I managed a trip to a barcade this week to try BM66 and was a little disappointed ... it was a noisy place so couldn’t hear the call outs and the playfield not as vibrant as anticipated, so it turned into a simple shot fest with no objectives.... I DID like the smooth ramp shots.

#2899 5 years ago

F407298B-577E-4340-AA6D-497D66AD6D4B.gifF407298B-577E-4340-AA6D-497D66AD6D4B.gif

71 new posts and still no reveal!!

#2900 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

[quoted image]
71 new posts and still no reveal!!

Because this is a speculation thread, not a reveal thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/58?hl=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.