(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 164.
#2801 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

That can be tricky, I bought blindfolded a Batman L.E. and we have a nice code now... unless you don’t want a Limited Ed.

Unless Lyman is on code it’s an easy decision for me.. I’ll wait and risk missing the LE or paying a little more for it later.

#2802 5 years ago

My guess is the upper playfield is not show.
Magicchiz

#2803 5 years ago

Ah looking at other pictures I realize the wire forms are missing from the overhead shot making it a bit more confusing, now I get how the ramps will work.

#2804 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

It has not been three years.

You are correct: 2 years and 9 months. Still.. fu**ing ridiculous!

#2805 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

You are correct: 2 years and 9 months. Still.. fucking ridiculous!

Since the game was released.

Last code update was January of 2017, so still under 2 years.

#2806 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Unless Lyman is on code it’s an easy decision for me.. I’ll wait and risk missing the LE or paying a little more for it later.

Dwight is the lead programmer.

#2807 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Dwight is the lead programmer.

AS long as it's not Lonnie, we're golden. Any BFD production is one I'm interested in. I DO wish he'd go back and fix up GoT one of these days, though.

#2808 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Correct, I received mine January 17, 2017.

And it could be argued the Batman code was pretty deep far before version 1.0. I'd have to review the release notes, but once the minor villain seasons were filled out somewhat, there was a lot of game there and he only continued to build on it.

#2809 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Last code update yes. But, the game still isn't complete. As you well know it's missing a mode that is on the instruction card and it's been almost 3 years since release. Not acceptable.

#2810 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Last code update yes. But, the game still isn't complete. As you well know it's missing a mode that is on the instruction card and it's been almost 3 years since release. Not acceptable.

It's been too long, but not 3 years. That's what I was pointing out.

#2811 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

It's been too long, but not 3 years. That's what I was pointing out.

Gotcha! We are in full agreement there!

#2812 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

And yet here you are adding to that noise

No shit, that was a brilliant statement wasnt it?

#2813 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im going to call Chaz but im 100% sure that they haven’t redesigned the newton balls. If they still arent putting metal posts in MET games instead of plastic ones 6 years later, i can guarantee you that they will never make a better newton ball switch lol.

Did you get the pointed studs for the newton ball mech?

#2814 5 years ago

Playfield lay-out looks like a 90% monster bash copy

#2815 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Playfield lay-out looks like a 90% monster bash copy

If that’s true.... I have no problem at all with that.

90% still is far from 100%, so I’m glad to know that both are nice whatever it is our final choice...

Munsters / Monster B.
Rolex / Hublot
Rolls-Royce / Bentley
Beretta 92G / Sig Sauer Legion
Blue M&M / Red M&M

Personal decision at the end huh?

#2816 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Did you get the pointed studs for the newton ball mech?

Yesh my game came with the pointed studs actually. The problem I'm having now is the mummy newton ball when hit wont go back to its original resting position. Im gonna take it apart and clean it and look at it and see why its catching but they are sending me a new one also. I know some people are polishing them out real smooth to make them work better. Im sure that i can fix it probably.

#2817 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yesh my game came with the pointed studs actually. The problem I'm having now is the mummy newton ball when hit wont go back to its original resting position. Im gonna take it apart and clean it and look at it and see why its catching but they are sending me a new one also. I know some people are polishing them out real smooth to make them work better. Im sure that i can fix it probably.

I had this problem as well. For me, it was fixed by loosening part "9" in the diagram (so the spring has a bit more room). I didn't have to remove or polish it to fix the problem.

snaroff

Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 7.03.02 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-12-10 at 7.03.02 PM (resized).png
#2818 5 years ago

For me it appears the insert may be the problem

20181220_194337 (resized).jpg20181220_194337 (resized).jpg
#2819 5 years ago

Thanks guys I appreciate you. I’ll be looking into it soon.

#2820 5 years ago

I just Had to adjust my switch once. I’m the first to argue that stern uses garbage materials for their mechs, but it sounds like you received a lemon mech. The new one will hopefully fix your issues.

#2821 5 years ago

So looks like Munsters is going to officially be a '2019' title, first week of January would be my guess for announcement. Really curious to see what they do with underside playfield on Premium/LE.

Have to appreciate Stern's new game launches....No info and tight lips-games built and shipped, leaked sub-par photos, and then boom-games on location and in collectors homes. No bullshit-take it or leave it-I love it!

#2822 5 years ago

Maybe CES? It runs from 1-8 to 1-11.

#2823 5 years ago
Quoted from Flack:

Maybe CES? It runs from 1-8 to 1-11.

That would the same day the ship will arrive in the netherlands as far as Someone told me...

So it cant be any later then CES at least.

#2824 5 years ago

Excited to see this one, hope it lives up to the hype it's getting.

#2825 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So looks like Munsters is going to officially be a '2019' title, first week of January would be my guess for announcement. Really curious to see what they do with underside playfield on Premium/LE.
Have to appreciate Stern's new game launches....No info and tight lips-games built and shipped, leaked sub-par photos, and then boom-games on location and in collectors homes. No bullshit-take it or leave it-I love it!

Is this part of their forced 'buy this or you don't get our next game' thing? Because this seems like a really bad way to promote a new product. There is no way I'd put a pre-order in for a machine that has so little information.

#2826 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I reckon we get a teaser video before end of December.

#2827 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Is this part of their forced 'buy this or you don't get our next game' thing? Because this seems like a really bad way to promote a new product. There is no way I'd put a pre-order in for a machine that has so little information.

Stern isnt asking anyone to put pre orders in and they never ever give out any kind of information on their games before they launch. Anything you see has been leaked.

#2828 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Stern isnt asking anyone to put pre orders in and they never ever give out any mind of information on their games before they launch. Anything you see has been leaked.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding then, I thought people said they'd already put in pre orders.

#2829 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding then, I thought people said they'd already put in pre orders.

They are putting in generic pre-orders with their distos for what they assume will be Munsters.

Stern has nothing to do with that.

#2830 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

They are putting in generic pre-orders with their distos for what they assume will be Munsters.

Called a distro a week or so ago, and Stern told them next announce date is early January, perhaps they gave a date only because of the accidental background images of Munsters on the line.. But even so, they would not confirm if it is Munsters being announced...

#2831 5 years ago

Spot Bash Toy under ramp that looks like a staircase on the pro??

#2832 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Excited to see this one, hope it lives up to the hype it's getting.

This always scares me with Stern.

#2833 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Correct...my Distro said Munsters was next, and release would be " very soon". My LE preorder is simply "I want one"...don't have to pay anything. He'll also let me find one to play before making me completely commit. Great relationship....if I want it, sends me a bill, I pay, he ships...done.

#2834 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I bet certain distros are letting people call dibs. Stern definitely isn’t asking for preorders until the stuff has been revealed.

#2835 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I think we (pinside) generate the hype, and Stern is not exclusive in this department. Many machines have been underwhelming...just happens Stern releases more titles than anyone else....

#2836 5 years ago

So in addition to the main playfield, we are expecting Munsters Prem/LE to have ... a) lower playfield b) upper playfield or c) lower & upper playfield d) neither?

I’m a “c”.

#2837 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So in addition to the main playfield, we are expecting Munsters Prem/LE to have ... a) lower playfield b) upper playfield or c) lower & upper playfield d) neither?
I’m a “c”.

Think "c" would be awesome, but guessing just "a"

#2838 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

As apposed to that company that always releases hits? Come on fella, smartin up.

#2839 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Stern isnt asking anyone to put pre orders in and they never ever give out any kind of information on their games before they launch. Anything you see has been leaked.

Well the european distros obviously had to when the games are allready on the sea (they are!) and are hitting shores soon.

#2840 5 years ago

You know what is great? We don't have to own these machines to keep the industry solvent. We can enjoy ALL of these games by finding them on routes and supporting the locations that do invest. I can go to the Cidercade in Dallas and play the Beatles machine till I am blue in the face. They have Maiden, and I am confident they will bring in the MBR and the Munsters. Can't wait.

#2841 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Agreed, but it’s usually the initial code that doesn’t live up to the hype. Stern may be delaying to get the code closer to completion. I imagine there is quite a lot of video assets they have to work with like BM66.

#2842 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Correct...my Distro said Munsters was next, and release would be " very soon". My LE preorder is simply "I want one"...don't have to pay anything. He'll also let me find one to play before making me completely commit. Great relationship....if I want it, sends me a bill, I pay, he ships...done.

This!! As I am in the same boat!!

#2843 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I think we (pinside) generate the hype, and Stern is not exclusive in this department. Many machines have been underwhelming...just happens Stern releases more titles than anyone else....

Good point.

#2844 5 years ago

Come on Stern lets go!!

Eddie_Munster.JPG (resized).jpgEddie_Munster.JPG (resized).jpg
#2845 5 years ago

Stern might have missed their window for extraordinary sales on Munsters:

1. After Xmas - money will be tight for purchases like these
2. Missed the window for good sales on Munsters by releasing Beatles first and competition releasing MB remake
3. Stock market has took a major hit - so will consumer confidence

What say you Pinsiders! How bad will sales get hit by Stern’s order of priority????????

#2846 5 years ago

The machine will be great!!!! Better than most of the new stuff that is out!!!!

#2847 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

2. Missed the window for good sales on Munsters by releasing Beatles first and competition releasing MB remake
What say you Pinsiders! How bad will sales get hit by Stern’s order of priority????????

I dont think any of this stuff is going to affect the sales of Munsters pinball but im tired of waiting i can tell you that much. The only good thing is in my case is, i cant buy one just yet anyways. If this game turns out great though its going to be in my basement soon. If it doesn't turn out great, MBRSE here i come!

#2848 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Or delay it closer to tax refund time so people use their refunds to purchase Munsters.

#2849 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

There will be absolutely no affect on the LE sales.
They will be all sold within hours.

Pros may take a small hit.

#2850 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Stern might have missed their window for extraordinary sales on Munsters

No they haven't, man this is getting old with you guys. Pinball is a very very small niche market of mostly older men who love pinball and themes from their childhood. The Munster's will sell regardless of when its released, who exactly do you believe might now pass on this game due to the market, MB or Xmas? Maybe a very tiny portion of potential buyers but for me anyway if I want a game its a done deal, no matter the circumstances. I really think we need to leave Sterns marketing and finacials out of it because as history has shown it doesn't matter.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/57?hl=tbachli and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.