(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 164.
#2751 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I thought "Big Munsters fan" was and oxymoron, but there are a lot of people excited about this theme. It was slightly before my time, so I knew it in reruns, but it's not a "dream theme" like Ghostbusters for me, and we know how that turned out.

Still sour about Ghostbusters. My first nib....gorgeous yet so flawed.

#2752 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

not a lot to get excited aboot unless you're a big Munsters fan.

We are big Munsters fans, thats why we are excited! It also doesn’t hurt that John Borg is rumored to be saying that this is his best game ever

#2753 5 years ago

Can't wait to see The Munsters Premo and LE The Pro as well

I just hope the team has some better QC and uses more reliable mechs.

I just spent another 2hrs tonight trying get my IMDNLE to play right.

IMDN is such an awesome game, just so disappointing that its let down by a couple of poor choices with mech design and some junk materials provided from supplier/s.

So far I have burned over 12hrs to get IMDN playing properly, so @ $80ph (conservative tech rate here ) that's almost a grand in time !
Pleased to say I am almost there.

It;s funny how it played well out of the box, then went to shit after a handfull of games.

So far I have less the 100 games and been spending most time trying to get Auto launch and power orb to function as intended.

I found lower pop fail tonight with broken wire between coil and lug.
Removed newton assy again, cleaned and adjusted. All working a lot better now.
IMDN requires some more code and a hardware fix for the auto launch and newton balls.

Anyway rant off about Maiden, no doubt you will hear about it again but i'll take it to the right thread.

The reason I bought the IMDN problems up here is I do not want to see Munsters fans spending more time under the hood than playing the game.
I think that's why i'm glad for the release delay because it's best to get the game right and be 100% sure owners and distributors will not be left with headaches.

if Stern is reading this please don't leave your customers in a bad place with their new Munsters
Get on to your component providers and get em to beef things up, not trim them down,
We want good design with reliability please.

It's not fair to new pinball owners, in particular those who are not mechanically or technically minded to have to deal with this crap.

Get it sorted before shipping please Stern.

#2754 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Can't wait to see The Munsters Premo and LE The Pro as well
I just hope the team has some better QC and uses more reliable mechs.
I just spent another 2hrs tonight trying get my IMDNLE to play right.
IMDN is such an awesome game, just so disappointing that its let down by a couple of poor choices with mech design and some junk materials provided from supplier/s.
So far I have burned over 12hrs to get IMDN playing properly, so @ $80ph (conservative tech rate here ) that's almost a grand in time !
Pleased to say I am almost there.
It;s funny how it played well out of the box, then went to shit after a handfull of games.
So far I have less the 100 games and been spending most time trying to get Auto launch and power orb to function as intended.
I found lower pop fail tonight with broken wire between coil and lug.
Removed newton assy again, cleaned and adjusted. All working a lot better now.
IMDN requires some more code and a hardware fix for the auto launch and newton balls.
Anyway rant off about Maiden, no doubt you will hear about it again but i'll take it to the right thread.
The reason I bought the IMDN problems up here is I do not want to see Munsters fans spending more time under the hood than playing the game.
I think that's why i'm glad for the release delay because it's best to get the game right and be 100% sure owners and distributors will not be left with headaches.
if Stern is reading this please don't leave your customers in a bad place with their new Munsters
Get on to your component providers and get em to beef things up, not trim them down,
We want good design with reliability please.
It's not fair to new pinball owners, in particular those who are not mechanically or technically minded to have to deal with this crap.
Get it sorted before shipping please Stern.

Amen to all of that! Been working on my IMDN tonight as well. My mummy ball is sticking and like an idiot i boogered up the switch closest to it on the sarcophagus lock so now looks like i may have to pull the sarcophagus out to put a new switch in. Pretty sure this is going to be a major pain in the ass. My fault but if the newton balls wasnt shitty i wouldnt have been messing with it in the first place. The Newton balls need to be redesigned and Stern should ship out two of them to every Premium and LE owner out there! Absolutely horrible design and they fuckin knew it and shipped the games out anyway. Im a big supporter of Stern but that pisses me off big time.

#2755 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Amen to all of that! Been working on my IMDN tonight as well. My mummy ball is sticking and like an idiot i boogered up the switch closest to it on the sarcophagus lock so now looks like i may have to pull the sarcophagus out to put a new switch in. Pretty sure this is going to be a major pain in the ass. My fault but if the newton balls wasnt shitty i wouldnt have been messing with it in the first place. The Newton balls need to be redesigned and Stern should ship out two of them to every Premium and LE owner out there! Absolutely horrible design and they fuckin knew it and shipped the games out anyway. Im a big supporter of Stern but that pisses me off big time.

If you buy Munsters I suggest pro then. It’s going to be a packed premium package so expect lots of tweaking again. All stern premiums need lots of tweaking.

#2756 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

We are big Munsters fans, thats why we are excited! It also doesn’t hurt that John Borg is rumored to be saying that this is his best game ever

Have heard this also. Supposed to be his best shooting game yet.

#2757 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you buy Munsters I suggest pro then. It’s going to be a packed premium package so expect lots of tweaking again. All stern premiums need lots of tweaking.

One of the reasons I buy Pro models along with the pricing factor. Also in general, most Pro's shoot and flow better too in my opinion and experiences.

#2758 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why would you suggest that? Im perfectly capable of working on my games and i will get it fixed as soon as i get a new switch. The newton balls are a horrible design period. It has nothing to do with pros or premiums. They could have put newton balls in the pro just as easy. They need to redesign the damn newton balls plain and simple because they are a major fucking fail.

#2759 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Why would you suggest that? Im perfectly capable of working on my games and i will get it fixed as soon as i get a new switch. The newton balls are a horrible design period. It has nothing to do with pros or premiums. They could have put newton balls in the pro just as easy. They need to redesign the damn newton balls plain and simple because they are a major fucking fail.

Because it’s true. Just saying don’t be surprised if Munsters needs lots of tweaking too.

#2760 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Amen to that as well! If lightly used HUO games require so much fiddling, I can't imagine what operators are dealing with (though most of them are likely buying pro's I guess). Pinball almost died because operators had a hard time justifying maintenance costs...you'd think that Stern might remember this? JJP gave a lot of lip service to build quality/reliability when they were founded, and not sure they did much better in this regard. Sure, new lighting tech has helped I guess, but these "modern" machines don't seem easier to maintain than games built in the 90's.

snaroff

#2761 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

One of the reasons I buy Pro models along with the pricing factor. Also in general, most Pro's shoot and flow better too in my opinion and experiences.

Pros are usually faster and more brutal though.

I think the real fun factor comes from interactive toys and mechs,

As long as the game is not too stop/start and said toys/mechs work as intended of course

#2762 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Because it’s true. Just saying don’t be surprised if Munsters needs lots of tweaking too.

Perhaps initial tweak/s, sure yes

But ongoing problems due to weak hardware, some of it cheap and poor design are unacceptable for a machine that costs close to 10K

#2763 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

but these "modern" machines don't seem easier to maintain than games built in the 90's.

They aren’t in my experience. Everything breaks. And hopefully you can fix it quickly.

#2764 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Perhaps initial tweak/s, sure yes
But ongoing problems due to weak hardware, some of it cheap and poor design are unacceptable for a machine that costs close to 10K

Then I suggest buying used.

#2765 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

We arent talking about tweaking though. We are talking about a design that is just horrible. Anyone that buys a Premium with more features can expect more tweaking yes, but should Premium owners also expect and accept poorly designed mechs? I dont think so.

#2766 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hope you get it sorted soon,

The game is not fun when things don't work as intended.

Lucky this is such a great forum where people help each other out to fix these kinda problems.

In IMDN's case as you said, we really need Stern to step in with finished code and a couple of hardware fixes.

#2767 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Erik with all due respect, you don’t know what you are talking about because you dont own a IMDN Premium.. These newton balls suck dude. Messing up the switch was my fault and thats all on me, but the newton balls are total shit.

#2768 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

We arent talking about tweaking though. We are talking about a design that is just horrible. Anyone that buys a Premium with more features can expect more tweaking yes, but should Premium owners also expect and accept poorly designed mechs? I dont think so.

Little off topic, but I had the hood open on my SWLE and was amazed by the design/engineering that went into the hyperdrive mechanism. I know SW is a controversial game, however I believe the hyperdrive might be the coolest Premium mech that Stern has ever developed. When 3 balls are swirling around in the hyperdrive, it's an amazing experience. Contrast this with the IMDN Premium mechs that are simple, add minimal value and are poorly designed. As you've said, wouldn't it be great if Stern could redesign and offer replacements. I'm not holding my breath...

snaroff

#2769 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So what is there to do but hope your next game isn’t like that?

Or buy a Pro.

#2770 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't know, but man I played it last week and it is probably the worst game I've played in years. Just...not...fun. (I'm sure someone out there likes it though).

Lots of people like it, bub. It is very common on location, and has been the favorite of any recent Stern i’ve had.

#2771 5 years ago

What is a “ turn around/ flip up ramp” that is in the Munsters game description ? Sounds fun but I am not familiar with it. Is there something similar on a recent game?

#2772 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Erik with all due respect, you don’t know what you are talking about because you dont own a IMDN Premium.. These newton balls suck dude. Messing up the switch was my fault and thats all on me, but the newton balls are total shit.

I’m 100% aware of the issues of Maiden Premium. I’ve helped people fix theirs.

Premiums run the risk of needed minor to major tweaks/fixes. It’s a fact of life.

#2773 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m 100% aware of the issues of Maiden Premium. I’ve helped people fix theirs.
Premiums run the risk of needed minor to major tweaks/fixes. It’s a fact of life.

Ok then please tell us all how to make the newton balls work good because id love to hear it. Ive actually had good luck keeping mine in adjustment and working properly after loctiting them. I now have a new problem with one of the newton balls. Its nothing that i cant fix i am sure, and if i have to i will buy a replacement, but its still a shitty design that could have been much better.

What all have you had to do to a newton ball other than adjust the leaf switch by the way? Also poor mechanical engineering is NOT a fact of life sorry.

#2774 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ok then please tell us all how to make the newton balls work good because id love to hear it. Ive actually had good luck keeping mine in adjustment and working properly after loctiting them. I now have a new problem with one of the newton balls. Its nothing that i cant fix i am sure, and if i have to i will buy a replacement, but its still a shitty design that could have been much better.
What all have you had to do to a newton ball other than adjust the leaf switch by the way? Also poor mechanical engineering is NOT a fact of life sorry.

Text me later and I’ll be happy to help. But in these cases you’ll need hands on help. Every game is a little different.

In the meantime call stern tech support to see if they have any suggestions or updated parts to send.

#2775 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How is buying used going to make a poorly designed mech better??

#2776 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How is buying used going to make a poorly designed mech better??

It’s not. But hopefully the previous owner made the required fixes. If not, you’ll know when you inspect the game. No surprises that way. Not to mention the cost savings.

#2777 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Text me later and I’ll be happy to help. But in these cases you’ll need hands on help. Every game is a little different.
In the meantime call stern tech support to see if they have any suggestions or updated parts to send.

Im going to call Chaz but im 100% sure that they haven’t redesigned the newton balls. If they still arent putting metal posts in MET games instead of plastic ones 6 years later, i can guarantee you that they will never make a better newton ball switch lol.

#2778 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im going to call Chaz but im 100% sure that they haven’t redesigned the newton balls. If they still arent putting metal posts in MET games instead of plastic ones 6 years later, i can guarantee you that they will never make a better newton ball switch lol.

It’s more so that they help you fix your game. Hopefully they have a more permanent fix if not new parts.

#2779 5 years ago

63 new posts, I was certain a reveal had been done!

Well I’m very disappointed by you chatty Munsters fans

#2780 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

What is a “ turn around/ flip up ramp” that is in the Munsters game description ? Sounds fun but I am not familiar with it. Is there something similar on a recent game?

I'm guessing this is similar to the right ramp in Wheel Of Fortune. In that, you need to hit 3 drop targets in order to expose the shot. It's pretty cool.

If I'm wrong, oh well.

wof (resized).jpgwof (resized).jpg
#2781 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

You should have known better. This isn’t Munsters Monday ya know!

#2782 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I'm sure 3 new threads would had been started if in fact it was revealed.

#2783 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Have heard this also. Supposed to be his best shooting game yet.

I can believe this as the ramps look like they may be a tad wider than on his other games?

13CF3004-D57B-41DB-B10F-501741F00F56 (resized).jpeg13CF3004-D57B-41DB-B10F-501741F00F56 (resized).jpeg
#2784 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I'm sure 3 new threads would had been started if in fact it was revealed.

That’s a good point! Can’t argue with that

#2785 5 years ago

No bash toy in a Borg game? Blasphemy!

#2786 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Doesn’t the description of Herman suggest a bash toy?

#2787 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Doesn’t the description of Herman suggest a bash toy?

You tell me. What you got?

#2788 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The playfield pics are un-populated with the toys.

#2789 5 years ago

I've gotten to were I just check this thread every week or so and scroll through it looking for MNPINBALL posts. Really filters out all of the noise.

#2790 5 years ago

What I'd love to see in Munsters is a Stern toy that redirects the ball. Think the MM castle (VUK to left loop) or AFM ship (VUK to wireform to inlane) or WCS goal (VUK to wireform to inlane) etc.

All of the recent Stern toys, bash or otherwise, is that they all shoot/dribble the ball straight back where it came from and this is in many cases a SDTM situation that punishes good shots. Think of the ball saver you need to enable on Kiss when Gene kicks the balls out, or the the levelling games you have to play with ST to not have the balls fall SDTM from the ship, or the barn on WD, etc etc etc.

Please Stern, this is just poor design and not the way to cut corners.

#2791 5 years ago

I can tell by the width of the ramps that this machine will be a flow monster! Really looking forward to playing this one.

#2792 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I've gotten to were I just check this thread every week or so and scroll through it looking for MNPINBALL posts. Really filters out all of the noise.

And yet here you are adding to that noise

#2793 5 years ago

A magnet like in BM66 would have been nice

#2794 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You tell me. What you got?

Just from reading the instruction cards “hit Herman” maybe I just read it as a bash toy because it’s Borg and he’s loves those bad boys.

CB45A76D-6FB9-44D2-8996-9B197CDF9251 (resized).jpegCB45A76D-6FB9-44D2-8996-9B197CDF9251 (resized).jpeg
#2795 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Just from reading the instruction cards “hit Herman” maybe I just read it as a bash toy because it’s Borg and he’s loves those bad boys.
[quoted image]

Gotcha. Could be a set of stand ups too. Or just a shot that spells Herman or something. But yeah I bet that’s the bash toy.

#2796 5 years ago

From the cell phone pic it looks like Herman is a target and has a magnet in front of it. Can't make out the target type though..

#2797 5 years ago
20181220_120002 (resized).jpg20181220_120002 (resized).jpg
#2798 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I am not a Star Wars fan whatsoever. But I am totally in shock with how uninspiring and phoned-in looking this game is. It is one of the only games I will walk by and not play on location. At art is beyond bad. But it does very well on location...go figure. Theme sells.

Theme sells yeah and it also causes people to walk by a game that looks "phoned in" but is amazing because they aren't into the theme.

#2799 5 years ago

Herman's Head location. Definitely some kinda toy goes there.

Herman (resized).jpgHerman (resized).jpg
#2800 5 years ago

Is the right orbit shot a jump ramp?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/56?hl=rasavage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.