(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 164.
#2701 5 years ago

Hell..yes, when????

#2702 5 years ago

On the 12th day of Christmas....

#2703 5 years ago

We’re wading!

EBAF4206-B3C9-411B-8B7C-BF805A2DC2FF (resized).jpegEBAF4206-B3C9-411B-8B7C-BF805A2DC2FF (resized).jpeg
#2704 5 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

We’re wading!

Stay tuned!!

#2705 5 years ago

Seen some guy in a stream (young guy obviously) say that Munsters is a horrible theme and that its not going to sell worth a shit. He said theres like ten guys on pinside that keep talking about it and nobody else cares. He’s badly mistaken, this game is going to sell BIG if it turns out to be a good game. Only Stern can f*ck this up by not doing things right, the theme and the possibilities for this to be a huge success is all there for them.

#2706 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Seen some guy in a stream (young guy obviously) say that Munsters is a horrible theme and that its not going to sell worth a shit. He said theres like ten guys on pinside that keep talking about it and nobody else cares. He’s badly mistaken, this game is going to sell BIG if it turns out to be a good game. Only Stern can f*ck this up by not doing things right, the theme and the possibilities for this to be a huge success is all there for them.

What the difference.... as long as your one of the 10 guys like I am life’s good.

#2707 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

90% chance Stern f**ks it up but as a HUGE Gottlieb Haunted House fan I hope they don’t.

#2708 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

90% chance Stern fucks it up but as a HUGE Gottlieb Haunted House fan I hope they don’t.

I am still in therapy trying to overcome what Stern did to Star Wars.

#2709 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I am not a Star Wars fan whatsoever. But I am totally in shock with how uninspiring and phoned-in looking this game is. It is one of the only games I will walk by and not play on location. At art is beyond bad. But it does very well on location...go figure. Theme sells.

#2710 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Pro SW or Premium SW?

For me they are world's apart. The Premium is one of the hardest pins I have ever played, but I keep going back to it, and rate it as one of my all time favourites. Once you get at least a couple of balls into that hyper loop, and have them spin around in tandem, and then try to get another couple of balls also in there to get the amazing multi-ball ... and try to get that Death Star cracked open ... you're hooked for life.

#2711 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

90% chance Stern fucks it up but as a HUGE Gottlieb Haunted House fan I hope they don’t.

Curb your hyperbole.

#2714 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

What the difference.... as long as your one of the 10 guys like I am life’s good.

Ha, I'm one of the 10 guys too I guess....only 7 machines left??

#2716 5 years ago

So if the PROs were shipping on Monday overseas then we should see some videos of owners in 2 weeks? That would be cool!

#2717 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

So if the PROs were shipping on Monday overseas then we should see some videos of owners in 2 weeks? That would be cool!

That's how its gone in the past. Sometimes the boat shows up overseas first, but often the first domestics arrive before the boat. The factory once started is going to keep producing them.

#2718 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

You know that im one of the 10 hoby!

#2719 5 years ago

I am definitely one of the Ten.

Though I think they will sell more than a few after that.

#2720 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I think you’re going to be pleasantly surprised. Even ole Bubblehead is getting the Munsters fever!

#2721 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I am definitely one of the Ten.
Though I think they will sell more than a few after that.

I think they will sell 25 or 30 at least

#2722 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wasn’t me was it? Haha. I hope you like your games ya old farts!!

#2723 5 years ago

I have no intentions of ordering this game NIB. In fact, I will wait a year or so to get one, once I play it. But man, the anticipation of seeing the complete game has got me checking numerous times a day. Job well done Stern. I wish I was in a financial bracket to be able to get this game on day one. For the record, Im a huge Musnters fan, Frankenstein fan and old school movie monster fan. I feel I will like whatever Stern produces. Cant wait for the final reveal.

#2724 5 years ago

Unfortunately others seem to be right - no reveal until 2019 - darn it!!!

Ok, we need those insiders (or people touring the factory) at Stern to take a few better pictures! (Sneak us a picture or 2 of the playfield!)

#2725 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If it wasn’t for us old farts playing ANYTHING Stern was selling back in the dark times, before the current resurgence, you guys would have nothing new to play at all. I want some credit for dropping coin in a “CSI” and a “24” and a BBH, and a slew of other questionable titles over the bleak times post the B/W collapse. Haha

#2726 5 years ago

I am 34 and have been a Munsters fan since my teens, the humor and entertainment travel great throughout the years and it never gets old!!!!! MUNSTERS4LIFE!!!!!

#2727 5 years ago
48971562_1486336818176332_5808831139128803328_n (resized).jpg48971562_1486336818176332_5808831139128803328_n (resized).jpg
#2728 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No it wasnt you lol, not this time at least! I just popped in a random pinball stream and someone was in chat talking shit about The Munsters. I didnt even respond, just smiled and shook my head. It would have been like trying to argue politics or something so no use.

#2729 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Pro SW or Premium SW?
For me they are world's apart. The Premium is one of the hardest pins I have ever played, but I keep going back to it, and rate it as one of my all time favourites. Once you get at least a couple of balls into that hyper loop, and have them spin around in tandem, and then try to get another couple of balls also in there to get the amazing multi-ball ... and try to get that Death Star cracked open ... you're hooked for life.

Agreed, Premium is far superior

Still, it greatly disappointed me

I want to like it but I just can’t

Wonder if it’s like Family Guy? Seems that’s a love it or hate it type game.

I love the sounds & screens of Star Wars. That’s about it. I’d maybe buy one used to just play for a few months & then trade but I doubt it. No way I’d buy one new & reward Stern with another sold SW unit.

Did they ever release the topper? Game should be out of production soon no?

#2730 5 years ago

The theme could work if done right. Addams family fell in that same category and look how that turned out. Spooky but funny themes is gold in pinball if done right and this is coming from someone who absolutely has zero interest in the munsters

#2731 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The theme could work if done right. Addams family fell in that same category and look how that turned out. Spooky but funny themes is gold in pinball if done right and this is coming from someone who absolutely has zero interest in the munsters

Zero interest yet....

#2732 5 years ago

I´m not sure, if anybody already posted this "kind of a featurelist" for the pro model...

https://www.pinball.co.uk/blog/munsters-pinball-machine

#2733 5 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

I´m not sure, if anybody already posted this "kind of a featurelist" for the pro and the premium model...

Drooling....

#2734 5 years ago

Did I miss in there where it mentions premium at all? Still showing nothing that really means anything yet. Just a cabinet.

#2735 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

the humor... it never gets old!

hearing the same jokes, multiple times, day after day, coming from a pinball machine might get old fast.

#2736 5 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

I´m not sure, if anybody already posted this "kind of a featurelist" for the pro model...

Wow, they have a 2 year warranty

#2737 5 years ago

I'll wait for Munsters code to be completed, and play the game before I even think about buying it. It's not like you won't be able to buy one. I am sick of giving stern my money and waiting years for code to be completed. Still waiting for GB to be done, its been 3 years and still no final code.

#2738 5 years ago
Screenshot_2018-12-19-19-20-51-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-12-19-19-20-51-1 (resized).png
#2739 5 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

I'll wait for Munsters code to be completed, and play the game before I even think about buying it. It's not like you won't be able to buy one. I am sick of giving stern my money and waiting years for code to be completed. Still waiting for GB to be done, its been 3 years and still no final code.

That can be tricky, I bought blindfolded a Batman L.E. and we have a nice code now... unless you don’t want a Limited Ed.

#2740 5 years ago

I can't believe ppl still ignore the fact stern has been marketing titles at non pinball shows. Guys... ces is coming. Don't get all wound up till right for then. Stern has prepped their dealers typically ~1 week prior and that's when the detailed photo sets leak.

Joe k originally said Beatles would be in Jan (ces). So these two titles swapped places. Ces is jan8. So we will probably see stuff right after the new year

EAG in the up is the following week. So stern is probably boating some to be there for that show

#2741 5 years ago

It's very likely those pins in the container and any other early shipments will be embargoed from being shown until the CES reveal or whatever date they've chosen after the holiday.

#2742 5 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

It has not been three years.

#2743 5 years ago

I don't think any game should ship with a code thats as bare as BM66 was but at the same time i enjoy getting code updates also. It kinda feels like getting a new pinball machine when a new code drops.

#2744 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

It has not been three years.

it probably feels like three years for John T.

#2745 5 years ago

Wasn’t guardians worse than bm66? It pretty much had almost no code the first time I played it. It was pretty much unplayable.

#2746 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Wasn’t guardians worse than bm66? It pretty much had almost no code the first time I played it. It was pretty much unplayable.

I don't know, but man I played it last week and it is probably the worst game I've played in years. Just...not...fun. (I'm sure someone out there likes it though).

The general...lack of completion is why I'm not getting excited over this yet. I'm not huge on the theme, but that's never stopped me. If the game is fun, the game is fun, but it seems a trend to have incomplete code that may or may not get fixed - maybe that wasn't a huge deal on routes, but for home use that is...not as fun. I reserve judgement until I've stood in front of one and done some pelvic thrusts though.

#2747 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't know, but man I played it last week and it is probably the worst game I've played in years. Just...not...fun. (I'm sure someone out there likes it though).
The general...lack of completion is why I'm not getting excited over this yet. I'm not huge on the theme, but that's never stopped me. If the game is fun, the game is fun, but it seems a trend to have incomplete code that may or may not get fixed - maybe that wasn't a huge deal on routes, but for home use that is...not as fun. I reserve judgement until I've stood in front of one and done some pelvic thrusts though.

That’s why IMDN was my first and likely last stern nib. I knew that Keith and crew had completed most of the code already. Plus with current saturation, you’ll be able to pick up a mint Munsters with complete code a year from now and save 25%.

#2748 5 years ago

Common guys, you can let us know your really excited as you monitor this thread!

Someone not interested would not spend time here - you sure you don’t already have your down payment in?

#2749 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Common guys, you can let us know your really excited as you monitor this thread!
Someone not interested would not spend time here - you sure you don’t already have your down payment in?

It's not 'not interested' it's not 'hyped'. Of course I'm excited to see what they do, but as yet..not a lot to get excited aboot unless you're a big Munsters fan.

#2750 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's not 'not interested' it's not 'hyped'. Of course I'm excited to see what they do, but as yet..not a lot to get excited aboot unless you're a big Munsters fan.

I thought "Big Munsters fan" was and oxymoron, but there are a lot of people excited about this theme. It was slightly before my time, so I knew it in reruns, but it's not a "dream theme" like Ghostbusters for me, and we know how that turned out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 49.99
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/55?hl=celofane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.