(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 164.
#2651 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Monster Bash is not as dark as your picture shows, not even close.

as stated, the photos are of an original; not a remake. this particular machine is located at the museum of pinball and no one in their right mind would consider it sufficiently lit. the point to take away is this - with additional lighting you can see the playfield a whole lot better.

#2652 5 years ago

I could careless about MBr. Let's just move on. Everyone has there opinion about it and it already has enough threads on it.

#2653 5 years ago

Pinside is pinside: every game will have its detractors. People will bitch about The Munsters no matter what. Every game will have a troll critic, like Dialed In's Sinestro, and every game will have fangirls rating it a perfect ten because they bought it. We already have critics and fangirls over leaked pics.

"The wheels on the bus go round and round..."

#2654 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Pinside is pinside: every game will have its detractors. People will bitch about The Munsters no matter what. Every game will have a troll critic, like Dialed In's Sinestro, and every game will have fangirls rating it a perfect ten because they bought it. We already have critics and fangirls over leaked pics.

I have a feeling that im going to be one of those fan girls rating it perfectly and I'll probably be saying OMG. ....STERNS BEST GAME EVER!!

It's just what i do when im excited over a new game, cant help it.

#2655 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I see the Dialed In fans are out in force in this thread......all 10 of them!

Dude, the game is in the Pinside top 10 and has been for a long time now despite the theme being an acquired taste.

#2656 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

When you buy a Pin... you never rate the new one 10/10?

#2657 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have a feeling that im going to be one of those fan girls rating it perfectly and I'll probably be saying OMG. ....STERNS BEST GAME EVER!!
It's just what i do when im excited over a new game, cant help it.

No worries or apologies needed...I'm with you on this one!!!!

Hoping it gets announced/ shown soon...then the real trolling/ bashing/ supporting, etc. can start.....

#2658 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

When you buy a Pin... you never rate the new one 10/10?

I remember when i was fairly new here i started a thread called Could Ghostbusters be the best game ever, and then i changed it to Could Ghostbusters be “Sterns best game ever lol” I got hammered pretty good on that one by a lot of people but it is a great game imo still. I will say though that i rated all of my games high and i still rate them high well after their honeymoon phase.

I am super pumped for Munsters though because its one of my dream themes!

#2659 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I remember when i was fairly new here i started a thread called Could Ghostbusters be the best game ever, and the i changed it to Could Ghostbusters be “Sterns best game ever lol” I got hammered pretty good on that one by a lot of people but it is a great game imo still. I will say though that i rated all of my games high and i still rate them high well after their honeymoon phase.
I am super pumped for Munsters though because its one of my dream themes!

Nothing wrong with that.....you enjoy your games, and that's all that matters at the end of the day.......

It's actually ok to be excited about a game that appeals to you.....another news flash.....this BS about " well they own the game, that's why they defend it, blah, blah, blah"...I only buy games I like..why would anyone buy a game they didn't like? Oh...to flip

#2660 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Nothing wrong with that.....you enjoy your games, and that's all that matters at the end of the day.......
It's actually ok to be excited about a game that appeals to you.....another news flash.....this BS about " well they own the game, that's why they defend it, blah, blah, blah"...I only buy games I like..why would anyone buy a game they didn't like? Oh...to flip

I totally agree. We buy pins that we want and Like. If I keep it, why wouldn’t I give it a high rating.

My machines very all over the board. That’s what I love about pinball today, so many options. I like my collection to have different types of play and themes.

The Munsters will be coming, I along with a lot of you, can’t wait to get it.

#2661 5 years ago

Yes, we like our pins, but in an ideal world some form of objectivity would come into play. Most of my pins are rated quite high, but I can at least point out the weaknesses in them. Everyone should be allowed one ten in their ratings. ONE. That is the game you see as perfect, and all others should be compared to that scale.

That's in my pinside eutopia though.

#2662 5 years ago

Not really. A good pin is a good pin. I hate gore and zombies, and stayed away from TWD as a result of the theme, but then I played it a bunch and turns out I love TWD because the CODE is amazing. The Shadow is a pretty crap license, but one of the best pins available in that 90s era. The theme is a way to market the pin, not to define how good it is as a game.

#2663 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not really. A good pin is a good pin. I hate gore and zombies, but love TWD because the code is amazing. The Shadow is a pretty crap license, but one of the best pins available in that 90s era. The theme is a way to market the pin, not to define how good it is as a game.

I agree in general, but some games do get affected severely by theme. Buck Hunter and Roller Coaster Tycoon come to mind.

#2664 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I agree in general, but some games do get affected severely by theme. Buck Hunter and Roller Coaster Tycoon come to mind.

WWE !

#2665 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not really. A good pin is a good pin. I hate gore and zombies, but love TWD because the code is amazing. The Shadow is a pretty crap license, but one of the best pins available in that 90s era. The theme is a way to market the pin, not to define how good it is as a game.

No one said theme defines how good it plays. Theme does matter though. If not, I guess you would enjoy a pink bunny bedspread.

#2666 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Monster Bash is not as dark as your picture shows, not even close lol. I played a MBRSE a few weeks ago in a pretty dark room and it was just fine. I was surprised when i started seeing people complain about the lighting on it actually. My eyes arent nearly as good as they used to be and i didnt have any problems seeing the game at all.

+1... CE is darkest of the three, and even it is as well lit as an original, so not sure why people complain. You want to buy extra lighting for a couple $$$ feel free. Poorly lit pinball machines have been a staple of the hobby for years... GI lighting? We don't need no stinkin GI lighting... you get 2 dim bulbs in the top left corner and one in the right slingshot... per the standard shitty operator contract... (feel lucky BOTH flippers work AND have a little rubber left on the tips) enjoy!

#2667 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

No one said theme defines how good it plays. Theme does matter though. If not, I guess you would enjoy a pink bunny bedspread.

I don't play a pink bunny bedspread. There are two discrete things - the theme and the game. One can be good without the other. One can be GREAT without the other, in fact. The theme helps, but a bad theme does not portend a bad game.

#2668 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

But those are objectively bad games. You're confusing bad games with bad themes. I believe Lyman could make a game at least as good as others he's done recently if he were paired with Borg and they made a new RCT or BBH. In fact, I bet Lyman could make the existing BBH and RCT fun games given the time. The theme is ancillary to how good the game feels to play. Can a good theme make a good pin better? Sure. But it's not the most important thing.

#2669 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But those are objectively bad games. You're confusing bad games with bad themes. I believe Lyman could make a game at least as good as others he's done recently if he were paired with Borg and they made a new RCT or BBH. In fact, I bet Lyman could make BBH and RCT fun games given the time. The theme is ancillary to how good the game feels to play. Can a good theme make a good pin better? Sure. But it's not the most important thing.

I disagree. I find both of those games objectively fun to play and designed well. The themes turn people away. The minority who can look past the themes find them to be bargains. I would say it is you who is posing the subjective argument. You can clearly look past theme, just like me most of the time, but theme can and does kill good pinball machines.

#2670 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I disagree. I find both of those games objectively fun to play and designed well. The themes turn people away. The minority who can look past the themes find them to be bargains. I would say it is you who is posing the subjective argument. You can clearly look past theme, just like me most of the time, but theme can and does kill good pinball machines.

The fact that you say YOU find them fun makes them subjectively fun, not objectively fun. The market says they're objectively bad games. Check out the price history. Good games with bad themes still go for good money. Bad games do not. BBH and RCT are bad games.

#2671 5 years ago

Kind of wish we were talking about Munsters, but since this has gotten this far off topic, including myself, not sure what else we can conjecture or speculate about... Just hoping they had great access to source material, and it is a great shooter. Theme is a no brainer on Munsters, what with the success of other campy horror pins.

But to go with the flow of discussion on theme or game or what makes one better than the other, why not look at it from a real life angle? People keep trying to seperate theme from game so why not look at a reskin and talk about it? Like Shrek on top of FG? Or pick any title that is a retheme (Bewitched?) and make your arguments for and against. Just a thought.

#2672 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Kind of wish we were talking about Munsters, but since this has gotten this far off topic, including myself, not sure what else we can conjecture or speculate about... Just hoping they had great access to source material, and it is a great shooter. Theme is a no brainer on Munsters, what with the success of other campy horror pins.

On the Munsters theme, the DVD complete set video quality is WAY WAY better than whatever smudgy vaseline-coated version they're showing on TV currently. Also, the abandoned pilot looks colorized, not like it was shot in color. Was it? Skin color moves around and under the blue makeup. It's weird.

#2673 5 years ago

It can be argued both ways. Bad theme or bad game. That's the beauty of most pinball arguments.

#2674 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

On the Munsters theme, the DVD complete set video quality is WAY WAY better than whatever smudgy vaseline-coated version they're showing on TV currently. Also, the abandoned pilot looks colorized, not like it was shot in color. Was it? Skin color moves around and under the blue makeup. It's weird.

Just picked it up... can't wait to dive into these ...

#2675 5 years ago

I just can’t wait to see the playfield, and the difference between pro and premium. I just need to decide where my monster money should go to,MBrLE or Munsters.....or both.

#2676 5 years ago

Is Munsters streaming digitally anywhere?

#2677 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pilot was shot in true color to sell to the studios network but ultimately the show then went to black-and-white for cost savings, And as they say to resemble the Universal movie monster films.

#2678 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Pilot was shot in true color to sell to the studios network but ultimately the show then went to black-and-white for cost savings, And as they say to resemble the Universal movie monster films.

It's just weird that there are a lot of spots where the color seems to move and flesh tones are revealed then disappear. Hermans neck, the right side of Lily's face in profile looks like flesh tone, then when she turns, it's blue. It's strange.

The PRODUCTION VALUES of the actual first episode vis the aborted pilot are also light-years better. The music, the dialogue, the lighting, direction, everything is substantially better. And original Lily and Eddie are terrible, Eddie especially. SO BAD. They definitely got everything right with the changes.

#2679 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't play a pink bunny bedspread. There are two discrete things - the theme and the game. One can be good without the other. One can be GREAT without the other, in fact. The theme helps, but a bad theme does not portend a bad game.

Theme is what determines everyone's excitement over Munsters.

Game-play, layout, and code will determine if they decide to sell it soon afterwards.

#2680 5 years ago

I think what will determine if Munsters is a hit or not will be how well the theme is interwoven into game play. When you look at TAF, and the fact it was based on the movie, which was based on the TV show which was based on the print cartoon, there are elements that worked because they fit the theme of the cartoon, the TV show, and they matched up with scenes from the movie. So it appealed to the old schoolers from hitting the mark of weirdness associated with the original print cartoon, the nostalgia of the TV show, and the current excitement of the theatrical movie... pretty much a grand slam.

What I am waiting to see on Munsters, is how well they integrated the singular source material, the TV show, into a pinball machine. What flavor will the humor have? Will it be the slapstick comedy, tongue in cheek, societal sendup the original show had, or will it be a disjointed, clown car full of sight gags, one liners, and classic bits from classic episodes all mashed together? What will the driving force of the game be? Keep Herman and Grandpa from doing something stupid? Or dealing with Lily being a housewife of the 60’s? and having to deal with the “horrors” of modern society (by dealing with Marilyn and her “normalcy”) or dealing with a prepubescent vampire?

I am hoping it is NOT some kind of “it worked for Addams Family” ripoff and that it stands on its own two size 26 feet.

#2681 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Good luck with that, I requested my LE and number back in July which was confirmed and just found out on Thursday that number will be going overseas...
and to top off my F'd up pinball Thursday the number I requested for Monster Bash LE back in August which also was confirmed will not be available........... Was not a good day for me. /rantoff

Thank you...and good luck with yours man, in fact your request was since July, mine just two days ago and my distributor just wrote me this:

"Hi Paulo,

My guy at Stern said he will reserve Munsters LE #33. I'll be back in touch with you as soon as Stern makes the official announcement.. Thanks, Adam

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2018 11:41 AM
To: Adam Keywood
Subject: Re: The Munsters L.E."

And Pinside fellas, I’m glad that I found this morning the #33 available.... it was the street of my Grandmother’s house back home, me and my Brother we grew up there and we watched the show together with her back in the 80’s(same as Batman and Get Smart)... hard childhood sometimes and now remembering and honoring those days differently.

#2682 5 years ago

My distributor told me that the LE and Premium both have a lower playfield.

#2683 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Is Munsters streaming digitally anywhere?

I bought a season on Amazon

Purdy sure the 90s one is on Hulu, or it was.

#2684 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I'm not impressed by it. Slap Lawlor's name on it, an incoherent layout with Mick-on-a-stick, and apparently a small, but vocal minority of Pinsiders go ape shit.

You can say what you want, but we spent about 4 hours on it and absolutely loved it. I agree when we saw the pictures of the theme we weren't drawn to it, but stepping up to it and actually playing it and seeing what it was proved our initial thoughts wrong.

#2685 5 years ago

So we all understand Munster Prem/LE has a lower playfield. One main playfield and one lower playfield makes two playfields, right? Am I imagining that for awhile we thought there were three levels? The same two mentioned plus an upper playfield? Plenty of room to add an upper playfield over the back left quadrant and maybe the back right quad too. Three levels ... am I losing my mind ..... was it a only a dream ???? 3 levels would make this pin epic, and with magnets instead of flippers ala TZ style. Hmmmm three levels.

#2686 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I dunno, I was really excited to see RCT as a pin...until I played it.

#2687 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

But to go with the flow of discussion on theme or game or what makes one better than the other, why not look at it from a real life angle? People keep trying to seperate theme from game so why not look at a reskin and talk about it? Like Shrek on top of FG? Or pick any title that is a retheme (Bewitched?) and make your arguments for and against. Just a thought.

What is there to talk about? I've watched this thread for weeks...and well..it's just a bunch of nothing and people talking about dumping money into something they don't even know what it looks like 100% yet. Never understood the 'stay on topic' people when there is essentially nothing 'on topic' to talk about. That's how a thread dies.

#2688 5 years ago

@zablon, I still posted... does that count for anything?

#2689 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What is there to talk about? I've watched this thread for weeks...and well..it's just a bunch of nothing and people talking about dumping money into something they don't even know what it looks like 100% yet. Never understood the 'stay on topic' people when there is essentially nothing 'on topic' to talk about. That's how a thread dies.

This thread ain’t dying untl we all see the game, then maybe it will die but not until then because we Munsters fans enjoy speculating and talking about the game that we are excited as hell about.

#2690 5 years ago
alice_musters.pngalice_musters.png
#2691 5 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

[quoted image]

Poor Alice. He don't get no pin respect.

#2692 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

And I've never understood how certain games always need to be pumped in every single thread, regardless of Op's title.

This thread will ease when the pin is announced, released, and a club thread started, so when non game related crap comes through, it can be identified as trolling. Eventually, trolls get tired, and move on.

Thanks for your wisdom, and wanting to keep it alive w your positive comments on the machine...

#2693 5 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

[quoted image]

1000 munsters flipping in gamerooms long before #50 acnc ships.

#2694 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Am I imagining that for awhile we thought there were three levels? The same two mentioned plus an upper playfield? Plenty of room to add an upper playfield over the back left quadrant and maybe the back right quad too. Three levels ... am I losing my mind ..... was it a only a dream ???? 3 levels would make this pin epic, and with magnets instead of flippers ala TZ style. Hmmmm three levels.

You and me both were thinking that. Could have sworn it was said to have 3 levels like Haunted House.

#2695 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

You and me both were thinking that. Could have sworn it was said to have 3 levels like Haunted House.

This is Pinside, could have also said the game dispenses candy doesn't make it fact. 99% of what has been covered is Assumption/wishes, I would manage expectations based on that personally.

#2696 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I'm sure you are thinking of this post.

Quoted from mnpinball:

If you are a fan of Gottlieb Haunted House. Munsters LE/Premium will be your game. Jacked up 2018 style !

#2697 5 years ago

Pinside is about to
E
X
P
L
O
D
E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2698 5 years ago

In 3,2,1....Oh look, nothing again.

#2699 5 years ago

My distro says end of January for my Pro delivery

#2700 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Pinside is about to
E
X
P
L
O
D
E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

W
H
E
N
?
?
?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/54?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.