(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 164.
#2601 5 years ago

If this batch of machines are headed overseas, wouldn’t you think that the corresponding distributor have all of the pics/ info already?

#2602 5 years ago

The Belgian distributor was told, we can add a few pro games to fill the container of our next game by December but we can’t tell you yet what it is...

True story! So the’ve ordered 20 pro games without knowing what they’ve ordered

Quoted from Budman:

If this batch of machines are headed overseas, wouldn’t you think that the corresponding distributor have all of the pics/ info already?

#2603 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Stern always does a hefty production run before shipping anything. They will be filling warehouse space and then announcing.

#2604 5 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Stern always does a hefty production run before shipping anything. They will be filling warehouse space and then announcing.

Yes. Stern only ships what is ordered but usually the Distributors won't order until the reveal to get an idea of what the demand is.

Edit: Forget the last part/ it's highly (too) simplified because the import process divides up into several steps and sub distributors/ importeurs.

#2605 5 years ago

I can't believe they'd be so inept marketing wise to do the product launch the week before Xmas, especially when they'll be attending CES.

Highly likely they launch at CES.

#2606 5 years ago

You would think so but they NEVER launch games when it makes sense. This game actually should have been a Halloween Launch.

#2607 5 years ago
9D118B87-5D94-42EB-9462-FB5A1862A6BA (resized).png9D118B87-5D94-42EB-9462-FB5A1862A6BA (resized).png
#2608 5 years ago

The LE will be in color.
The Premium will be all (mostly) black and white.
Save up now!

#2609 5 years ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

The LE will be in color.
Save up now!

Source?

#2610 5 years ago

Some unknown guy's butt?

Rob

#2611 5 years ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

The LE will be in color.
Save up now!

It will make sense (if that’s true...)that the L.E. will be the B&W not the Premium IMO.
That golden with the red trim deserves a B&W playfield....(again IMO).

We all decide at the end what to do with our own money, and because I have no idea of how much it will be the L.E. I decided to put $10,000 CDN for my L.E. this morning at my distributor place and with the number that I want to have in mine.

(Blindfolded? Yes, off course).... in the worst case scenario that will be for another Pin in 2019 wth.

#2612 5 years ago

I've got a hope that they announce this thing next week.....going to put my clock up tomorrow....

#2613 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

It will make sense (if that’s true...)that the L.E. will be the B&W not the Premium IMO.
That golden with the red trim deserves a B&W playfield....(again IMO).
We all decide at the end what to do with our own money, and because I have no idea of how much it will be the L.E. I decided to put $10,000 CDN for my L.E. this morning at my distributor place and with the number that I want to have in mine.
(Blindfolded? Yes, off course).... in the worst case scenario that will be for another Pin in 2019 wth.

Good luck with that, I requested my LE and number back in July which was confirmed and just found out on Thursday that number will be going overseas...

and to top off my F'd up pinball Thursday the number I requested for Monster Bash LE back in August which also was confirmed will not be available........... Was not a good day for me. /rantoff

#2614 5 years ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

The Belgian distributor was told, we can add a few pro games to fill the container of our next game by December but we can’t tell you yet what it is...
True story! So the’ve ordered 20 pro games without knowing what they’ve ordered

Now that’s some crazy ass bullshit way of doing business.

#2615 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Good luck with that, I requested my LE and number back in July which was confirmed and just found out on Thursday that number will be going overseas...
and to top off my F'd up pinball Thursday the number I requested for Monster Bash LE back in August which also was confirmed will not be available........... Was not a good day for me. /rantoff

LE #`s already allocated? Shit....Glad I've got an LE game reserved...Sounds like they are evaporating before being released... good grief....

#2616 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

I've seen from Jeff Zornow (Alice Cooper) or Greg Freres (Whoa Nellie).

Dont forget Dirty Donny and Zombie Yeti art

#2617 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

It’s not that bad. Even if the game is a dud, they can move 20 of them. There are plenty of NIB buyers who get everything new just to try it out. I would say that’s very low risk for the distro.

#2618 5 years ago

Sorry but I'll never understand this whole launch debate, its pretty much the same people buying these pins over and over again, will it deter u from a purchase with a late or early reveal? its happening so who cares? and its Stern so any day now they will make the announcement then within weeks people will have their games. Be happy.

#2619 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Sorry but I'll never understand this whole launch debate, its pretty much the same people buying these pins over and over again, will it deter u from a purchase with a late or early reveal? its happening so who cares? and its Stern so any day now they will make the announcement then within weeks people will have their games. Be happy.

Agreed. Similiar grumbling is happening in the Monster Bash thread. Everyone is complaining about how dark the playfield is. There’s literally 50 posts about it. Pinside is just full of snowflakes I guess.
I’m just excited about pinball in general right now!!

#2620 5 years ago

The leaked Premium cabinet art awhile back characterizes Herman messing around in Grandpa’s lab. That might indicate / confirm that there is a lower level playfield on that model. Why else depict Herman in that way? A lot of other options were available.

#2621 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

The leaked Premium cabinet art awhile back characterizes Herman messing around in Grandpa’s lab. That might indicate / confirm that there is a lower level playfield on that model. Why else depict Herman in that way? A lot of other options were available.

Probably a coincidence. Leaked pics also show left and right side art are different. The other side has a car on it. Plus i don’t think Stern gives it that much thought.

#2622 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I don't think anyone is angry here. We just love new pinball and want to see it! All happiness over here.

#2623 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I don't think anyone is angry here. We just love new pinball and want to see it! All happiness over here.

Who said angry? I love new pinball as well but couldn't care less on how they reveal the game.

#2624 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

its Stern so any day now they will make the announcement then within weeks people will have their games. Be happy.

Maybe.

Or it could take 3-4 months, like Iron Maiden. Many people waited a very long time.

#2625 5 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Pinside is just full of snowflakes.

You be 100% correct!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2626 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

as of late, there are a number of manufacturers adding the 'crazy ass bullshit way of doing business' to their playbook.

#2627 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Apple did that with their phones. So verizon, att, sprint etc were told to say how many they wanted, but couldn't see what they were buying.

#2628 5 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Similiar grumbling is happening in the Monster Bash thread. Everyone is complaining about how dark the playfield is. There’s literally 50 posts about it.

that remains a fact. at least for the original.

same game when lit with an LED worklight.

mb04 (resized).jpgmb04 (resized).jpg

Quoted from Hazoff:

its pretty much the same people buying these pins over and over again, will it deter u from a purchase with a late or early reveal? its happening so who cares?

well, if the start of production on some titles continues to end up being one year after the games reveal, then people might start caring.

#2629 5 years ago

Stern is building inventory before announcing and people complain?

While every other company announces titles before their games are even finished?

Pinball = bizarro world.

#2630 5 years ago

Was Munsters shown in syndication outside of US? I watched them in late 60’s and early 70’s alongside Addams Family and Batman. Wondering if there will be much demand and whether most of the LE’s will stay in the US.

#2631 5 years ago

I watched Munsters back in the mid 90s on TV.

#2632 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Was Munsters shown in syndication outside of US? I watched them in late 60’s and early 70’s alongside Addams Family and Batman. Wondering if there will be much demand and whether most of the LE’s will stay in the US.

Munsters was also shown in Europe.
Regardless of this, if the Pin is Fun to okay, theme doesn't matter.

#2633 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Was Munsters shown in syndication outsid

I'd say more so than the Addams family.

#2634 5 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

theme doesn't matter.

theme matters

#2635 5 years ago

Dialed in shows that a good game can overcome a bad theme.

#2636 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Sort of.... most believe the Dialed In layout is really good but would be much more appealing with a more exciting theme or at least a more exciting integration of the existing theme. It appears sales could have been much better with a homerun theme.

#2637 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Sort of.... most believe the Dialed In layout is really good but would be much more appealing with a more exciting theme or at least a more exciting integration of the existing theme. It appears sales could have been much better with a homerun theme.

I own one and the theme is terrible. The integration of the theme though I think is quite high. They could have sold more with a better theme of course. But they still sold a lot. They sold a lot more dialed in then they did hobbit which is a better theme arguably but a terrible game.

#2638 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Noooo!!! ....it has penetrated this thread and the game isn't even announced yet....good grief

#2639 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Noooo!!! ....it has penetrated this thread and the game isn't even announced yet....good grief

It will penetrate all threads!

#2640 5 years ago

Dialed In is a terrible theme and a hot mess of a layout. That’s a double whammy.

#2641 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I own one and the theme is terrible. The integration of the theme though I think is quite high. They could have sold more with a better theme of course. But they still sold a lot. They sold a lot more dialed in then they did hobbit which is a better theme arguably but a terrible game.

It is the excitement part of my statement that was key. The callouts and fanfare are not energetic enough to bring the theme of multiple disasters happening out to the player. When playing and a disaster starts the game spits out some callouts that don’t match the terror and shock that would be there if those disasters were actually occurring.

#2642 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

It will penetrate all threads!

It will penetrate more thread than WD-40!

#2643 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Dialed In is a terrible theme and a hot mess of a layout. That’s a double whammy.

I have not seen too many people criticize the layout. You slap the star wars theme on that layout and people would rank it in the top 10 if the rules and sound were good.

#2644 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It is the excitement part of my statement that was key. The callouts and fanfare are not energetic enough to bring the theme of multiple disasters happening out to the player. When playing and a disaster starts the game spits out some callouts that don’t match the terror and shock that would be there if those disasters were actually occurring.

That’s kind of the quirkiness of it. It’s like sim city. Nobody was ever scared of the disasters in simcity. And v1.57 improved a lot.

#2645 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I have not seen too many people criticize the layout. You slap the star wars theme on that layout and people would rank it in the top 10 if the rules and sound were good.

I'm not impressed by it. Slap Lawlor's name on it, an incoherent layout with Mick-on-a-stick, and apparently a small, but vocal minority of Pinsiders go ape shit.

#2646 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

an incoherent layout

Two orbits, two ramps, a center shot and a through-the-pops shot - yeah, I see your point?

#2647 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Two orbits, two ramps, a center shot and a through-the-pops shot - yeah, I see your point?

Whatever floats your boat.

Some people like Nickleback.......

#2648 5 years ago

I see the Dialed In fans are out in force in this thread......all 10 of them!

#2649 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It will penetrate more thread than WD-40!

Never a truer statement...they are a loyal group...gotta give them that...

Successfully slayed BM66 in the latest "AorB" nonsense...Is no game safe? ( even eating their own ..TH)...

Anyway, another Munsters Monday upon us..How many left?

#2650 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

that remains a fact. at least for the original.
same game when lit with an LED worklight.
[quoted image]

well, if the start of production on some titles continues to end up being one year after the games reveal, then people might start caring.

Monster Bash is not as dark as your picture shows, not even close lol. I played a MBRSE a few weeks ago in a pretty dark room and it was just fine. I was surprised when i started seeing people complain about the lighting on it actually. My eyes arent nearly as good as they used to be and i didnt have any problems seeing the game at all.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/53?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.