(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 164.
#2451 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I think that will depend on gameplay more than anything. I just don't see Musters as a super hot license, seeing that the show is ancient. I'm not saying that a healthy group won't jump on it, but I don't see it attracting a crazy amount with the theme; the gameplay will have to be innovative. That being said, I hope it's not Munster Bash and that the gameplay is excellent. I will never buy a NIB Stern again, but the used market will be friendly if a lot of them sell. When's the release date on used sales?

I agree but have to add was has allready has been said multiple times, that monster themes in general seem to be quite popular with pinball players/ buyers.

I wouldn't compare it to the Addams Familily wich had a new movie out by the time the pinball was made and for me the show is as attractive as a license as Thunderbirds, maybe even less.

BUT the art looks amazing, the Munsters license is generic enough (in a good way) to appeal to the whole monster traget audience, so if Borg delivers a solid Design of course it can be a hit.

#2452 5 years ago

So what I'm hearing is we can expect the next couple of Stern releases to be Attack From Venus and Darkage Dungeons...oh wait...those aren't licensed properties, so it won't be those...althought Darkage Dungeons has a nice ring to it.

#2453 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

That's BS.
Trudeau wanted to put mini LCD screens in Mustang (a game from 2014) under the playfield to show the different cars driving up and sliding to a stop. It was deemed too expensive for multiple mini LCD screens. He had the idea even before WWE.
However, DI did steal "Mick on a Stick" from Stern's Rolling Stones!

Mb had drac on a stick and im sure something used it before that

#2454 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

That part was more of a joke.

#2455 5 years ago

I just heard the Gene fast-scoring callouts that were added. Really cool!

#2456 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Drac on a stick.. Mick on a Stick.. Buck on a stick.. Electro Guy on a stick.. Any other shit on a stick in pinball?

#2457 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Drac on a stick.. Mick on a Stick.. Buck on a stick.. Electro Guy on a stick.. Any other shit on a stick in pinball?

Lily on a stick?

#2458 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lily on a stick? [quoted image]

This is the worst photoshop of the year for sure.

#2459 5 years ago

^^^ wowza, just wowza. ***

I don’t think Lily on a stick will work though, as it is from the preliminary months of the show where she is much less recognizable in costume. See the white bolts in her jet black hair? Within the first few months of filming, her hairstyle changed to softer black with narrow grey streaks.

#2460 5 years ago

Always found the Munsters show kinda boring growing up. Thought it was weird. Maybe I just didn’t get it.

Wasn’t interested in this title at all, but the leaked art is amazing and the playfield looks cool. Now I’m totally interested. And if the gameplay, dots and sound are good, I’ll want one.

Just goes to show you that when you make a good pinball machine, anything can happen.

#2461 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

This is the worst photoshop of the year for sure.

What?? Are you for real? I think it looks perfect!

#2462 5 years ago

Hey, new pinball is new pinball. This is one of the only "sports" I know of where there is such a major difference between the "stadiums" where the game is played. This pin will look good in any campy horror lineup... right next to the SS, MB, TAF, EATPM, CFTBL, AFM, and a host of others... and yes AFM is campy horror/ science fiction and belongs in the list.

#2463 5 years ago

Hey everyone,

I am getting very excited about Stern Munsters releasing. I remember watching the episodes in syndication when I was in elementary school. I was searching for episodes online to see if they were available on Netflix and missed it when the seasons were available to watch a couple years ago. When I searched on YouTube I discovered this documentary. Here is the video if you want to watch it. Great for people who never heard of The Munsters or want background information of the show and actors.

#2464 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

Hey everyone,
I am getting very excited about Stern Munsters releasing. I remember watching the episodes in syndication when I was in elementary school. I was searching for episodes online to see if they were available on Netflix and missed it when the seasons were available to watch a couple years ago. When I searched on YouTube I discovered this documentary. Here is the video if you want to watch it. Great for people who never heard of The Munsters or want background information of the show and actors.

So cool!! Thanks for posting!!

#2465 5 years ago

This will be nice to hear in attract mode.

#2466 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

Hey everyone,

I’m glad 100% that Butch Patrick was Eddie, and not that brat from the Pilot.... I mean kid

#2467 5 years ago

Any pics yet? Any release date yet? Any price yet? Yet, yet, yet? Lol

#2468 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Any pics yet? Any release date yet? Any price yet? Yet, yet, yet? Lol

Next week.

#2470 5 years ago

Munster Monday

#2471 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Munster Monday

Exactly!!!! I never said which Monday...

#2472 5 years ago

Just sold 2 games to fund a munsters. Lets go stern, im ready!

#2473 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Just sold 2 games to fund a munsters. Lets go stern, im ready!

I hope it's a great game, but that's some partially blind faith in Stern. Watch out!

#2474 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I hope it's a great game, but that's some partially blind faith in Stern. Watch out!

You mean..they still can f**k it up? You might be right...it`s Stern.

But with the last games they did a great job, no? But if they do..i`ll put my money in a Tron Pro..or maybe Deadpool.

#2475 5 years ago
Quoted from xplorer:

You mean..they still can f**k it up? You might be right...it`s Stern.
But with the last games they did a great job, no? But if they do..i`ll put my money in a Tron Pro..or maybe Deadpool.

This game will blow Deadpool away 1000% guaranteed!

#2476 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

If i dont like it, ill go with twd or deadpool or lotr. The games i sold got no play anymore, time to move them along

#2477 5 years ago

The Munsters theme integration and gameplay will be awesome.

I think it's great Stern will wait to get the reveal right and smart marketing will pay off.

For some strange reason I picture the lower playfield with 1 flipper only, was still cool though.

I am happy to see QC has improved for Stern , considering the amount of machines they move there appears to be few reported issues. ? Checked DPLE the other day the finish was nice, however the games are getting lighter and I am not a fan of playfield cratering.

The only thing that is letting Stern down is their playfields and some new component build quality. Assembly team seems to have it down

The materials supply team need to go back to the factories in China and make sure the component quality improves.

#2478 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

The Munsters theme integration and gameplay will be awesome.
I think it's great Stern will wait to get the reveal right and smart marketing will pay off.
For some strange reason I picture the lower playfield with 1 flipper only, was still cool though.
I am happy to see QC has improved for Stern , considering the amount of machines they move there appears to be few reported issues. ? Checked DPLE the other day the finish was nice, however the games are getting lighter and I am not a fan of playfield cratering.
The only thing that is letting Stern down is their playfields and some new component build quality. Assembly team seems have it down.
The materials supply team need to go back to the factory in China and make sure the component quality improves.

1 flipper? Surely not.

#2479 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

1 flipper? Surely not.

Yeah hope im wrong

#2480 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yeah hope im wrong

I do too. Why are you thinking that?

#2481 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I do too. Why are you thinking that?

Multiple shots can be made from 1 flipper and it would increase lower PF real estate.

I know it does sound strange, unsure what im thinking, lol

#2482 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yeah hope im wrong

No worries. You are wrong.

#2483 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Then buy the premium or LE, 4 flippers.

#2484 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Multiple shots can be made from 1 flipper and it would increase lower PF real estate.

I wish there was no lower playfield at all personally because ive yet to see one that i like. Im hoping that this one can change my mind.

#2485 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

If Prem and LE have 4 flippers with both a lower and upper playfield it does sound like one flipper on each.

#2486 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

If Prem and LE have 4 flippers with both a lower and upper playfield it does sound like one flipper on each.

I dont think we will be seeing a 3 level playfield. That would be interesting though.

#2487 5 years ago

BL lower PF is kinda fun. I would like to see a simple lower playfield with one flipper and a loop. That's it. BK2k loop underneith that you rip over and over. Each loop takes an article of clothing off Lily on the backglass. If you miss, it drains back up top and she gets dressed. Even I would buy this Stern NIB for that.

#2488 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont think we will be seeing a 3 level playfield. That would be interesting though.

I guess I read into this wrong then.

Quoted from mnpinball:

If you are a fan of Gottlieb Haunted House. Munsters LE/Premium will be your game. Jacked up 2018 style !

Thought this comment meant it was going to be an upper and lower playfield.

#2489 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

BL lower PF is kinda fun. I would like to see a simple lower playfield with one flipper and a loop. That's it. BK2k loop underneith that you rip over and over. Each loop takes an article of clothing off Lily on the backglass. If you miss, it drains back up top and she gets dressed. Even I would buy this Stern NIB for that.

I think Stern should hire you. You are a very creative thinker. Thinking like that could change pinball as we know it!

#2490 5 years ago

So do we know exactly when this will be shown? Is Monday 100% going to happen?

#2491 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

So do we know exactly when this will be shown?

Whenever Stern decides it is time. They already pushed Beatles and Primus in front, so just sit back.

#2492 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

So do we know exactly when this will be shown? Is Monday 100% going to happen?

I heard someone say that tomorrow is DEFINITELY Munster Monday!

#2493 5 years ago

Not sure about Monday but if it’s going to be unveiled this year this week has to be the week. The following weeks will have lots of vacations.

#2494 5 years ago

I think they are gonna try and squeeze more Beatle's sales and wait until first week of Jan. and then show it at CES January 9th.

Wouldn't it be tough to ramp up production during Xmas?

Although I'm sure they would like to blunt the MBr sales too.

#2495 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think they are gonna try and squeeze more Beatle's sales and wait until first week of Jan. and then show it at CES January 9th.
Wouldn't it be tough to ramp up production during Xmas?
Although I'm sure they would like to blunt the MBr sales too.

Production line has already begun late last week on said Munsters.

#2496 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

#2497 5 years ago

Let's meet the Munsters.

#2498 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

If they don’t announce soon pictures from the line will get leaked this week.

No need to wait any longer.

For sales, probably will see shipments next year.

#2499 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

#2500 5 years ago

Mnpinball always has good news for us!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/50?hl=datschwandt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.