(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 164.
#201 5 years ago

Stubborn could make the Munsters a better game than the Addams family

#203 5 years ago

That’s what happens when you’re riding in the car and Siri is dictating

#204 5 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

That’s what happens when you’re riding in the car and Siri is dictating

Haha....so true!

#205 5 years ago
20180617_141943 (resized).jpg20180617_141943 (resized).jpg20180617_142008 (resized).jpg20180617_142008 (resized).jpg
#206 5 years ago

Can’t wait to see and hear about this game. Could be such a cool title, so hopefully Stern throws a ton into it like IMDN.

#207 5 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Can’t wait to see and hear about this game. Could be such a cool title, so hopefully Stern throws a ton into it like IMDN.

Amen! Borg has supposedly said that this is going to be his best design ever. I hope he is right because that would be nothing but great news for us, because his games are already awesome.

#208 5 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Maybe when they see how well a game sells when you put some love into it like IMDN, really hope it turns out good cause I was ready to buy an IMDN, and figure I will wait and see how Munsters turns out.

#209 5 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Maybe when they see how well a game sells when you put some love into it like IMDN, really hope it turns out good cause I was ready to buy an IMDN, and figure I will wait and see how Munsters turns out.

My thoughts exactly, but Stern is hit and miss. The passion and talent is there, and Gary of course knows good games sell well, but it just seems like luck of the draw as far as which designer and game gets more software time and BOM money. Munsters has been a theme I’ve wanted for a long time, so I’m hoping for the best!

#210 5 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

My thoughts exactly, but Stern is hit and miss. The passion and talent is there, and Gary of course knows good games sell well, but it just seems like luck of the draw as far as which designer and game gets more software time and BOM money. Munsters has been a theme I’ve wanted for a long time, so I’m hoping for the best!

It's not just software time, but design time for new playfield layouts, too. Borg has recycled and mirrored essentially the same layouts for about 10 years now. That's very little PF design work and a lot of "same-y" pins. He and the other designers need time to actually work on significantly new layouts instead of just reskinning or mirroring existing playfield layouts.

At least Trudeau was always trying new designs at every outing. He had more failures than success as a result, but he was always pushing things and more successfully achieved the "world under glass" ideal more often. If only he wasn't a pedophile...

#211 5 years ago

Would be nice if it had more than 2 flippers as well.
Seeing Spot the dragon coming out of the stairs would also be a nice touch.

#212 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Hah! Great minds think alike. I told Borg that staircase ramp had better have a trap door.

#213 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

3 or 4 flippers would definitely be nice. Maiden with its 4 flippers was definitely a breath of fresh air and made people get excited about pinball again.

#214 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hah! Great minds think alike. I told Borg that staircase ramp had better have a trap door.

Haha, great work....let's see what he does

#215 5 years ago

Spot is my favorite all time pet. He so cuddly

IMG_2483.JPGIMG_2483.JPGIMG_2486.GIFIMG_2486.GIF
#216 5 years ago

If this game is made, Im ALL in. Absolutely love the Munsters and try to collect as much Munsters stuff as I can.

#217 5 years ago

Bedtime at the Munsters!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#218 5 years ago

Ready for Munsters Bash but delivery is a year out.

IMG_2487 (resized).JPGIMG_2487 (resized).JPG
#219 5 years ago

Inquiring minds wanted to know.....

What Happens if the Addams Family Met up with the Munsters?.......

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#220 5 years ago

Delivery is a year out? I heard 4th qtr. this year.

#221 5 years ago

ACNC for me!

#222 5 years ago

Its cool to see actual set photos from he show in full color. To save money and time they didn't put makup on the actors arms or hands for the TV series. For some color promotional stills and the Munsters movies they did the full makeup but not for the TV show.

When View-Master produced a set based on a TV show the View-Master photographer would be on set during the filming of the episode to capture the shots during production of the episode. If you look at the color scenes shot on set from the Munsters View-Master set you can see what they looked like in color. Its odd to see the hands and arms without makeup compared to their faces.

Really looking forward to see what Stern does with this license.

munster-family (resized).jpgmunster-family (resized).jpgmunster-family2 (resized).jpgmunster-family2 (resized).jpgmunster-family3 (resized).jpgmunster-family3 (resized).jpgmunster-family4 (resized).jpgmunster-family4 (resized).jpgmunster-family5 (resized).jpgmunster-family5 (resized).jpgmunster-family6 (resized).jpgmunster-family6 (resized).jpgmunster-family7 (resized).jpgmunster-family7 (resized).jpgmunster-family8 (resized).jpgmunster-family8 (resized).jpg
#223 5 years ago

And I thought they were really dead!

#224 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Will each game come with an AARP Membership?

Ha! My thoughts exactly. Leave It To Beaver is coming up soon.

#225 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Ha! My thoughts exactly. Leave It To Beaver is coming up soon.

After Mr. Ed.

#226 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Delivery is a year out? I heard 4th qtr. this year.

Next up

4Q18 Deadpool. 1Q19 Beatles 2Q19 Munsters so yeah a year out.

#227 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Next up
4Q18 Deadpool. 1Q19 Beatles 2Q19 Munsters so yeah a year out.

Thats not what im hearing

#228 5 years ago

Hello Gary....can you please hurry up and get this damn pinball machine made please?
B05CE0FC-96E9-4196-8B0D-3B9E80758D3D (resized).jpegB05CE0FC-96E9-4196-8B0D-3B9E80758D3D (resized).jpeg

#229 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thats not what im hearing

Most people are speculating Deadpool in a couple of weeks, Munsters Q4 2018 (maybe at expo) and Beatles in Q1 2019.

#230 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Most people are speculating Deadpool in a couple of weeks, Munsters Q4 2018 (maybe at expo) and Beatles in Q1 2019.

Yep thats what ive heard as well.

#231 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Pretty much ditto on Deadpool and Munsters, with Elvira as 1st quarter of 2019. Beatles could maybe change the equation for Elvira. Don't know. Elvira is a done deal per Casandra Peterson..... Just a question of release. She was thinking late this year or early next year.

Don't know how or when Beatles would fit in the release schedule.... Maybe Q2 2019 ....

Anyway get Deadpool out there so we can get closer to the Munsters !

#232 5 years ago

Can't wait for Munsters!
Here's a candid photo from my upcoming Candid Monsters book: Fantastic Television....

munster bts (resized).jpgmunster bts (resized).jpg
#233 5 years ago
FB_IMG_1531294015933 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1531294015933 (resized).jpg
#234 5 years ago

Franchi, Borg and Dwight doing the Munsters by the sounds of it.
Franchi said on TWIP that Borg & Dwight is working with him on his upcoming pin.

#235 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Franchi said on TWIP that Borg & Dwight is working with him on his upcoming pin.

Hmm......that would be good news if true!

#236 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

GoT rules with Borg action and Franchi art? Sounds pretty great to me. I just PRAY that Borg has really come up with a NEW playfield design instead of another reskin or mirror of his existing designs.

#237 5 years ago

I hope its Van helsing the movie 2004 , you have more and better characters than the dull old ones.

#238 5 years ago

alot of cool art potential as well as lighting effects and a bit of competition for Monster Bash in the way of theme character similarities.

if Borg design hope it is a new style layout and unlike his past 5 or so years layouts...

#239 5 years ago

Elvira and Munsters have the same "feel".
So the next Stern can be Elvira instead of Munsters.

#241 5 years ago

.....and Jonny Quest !

#242 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Will be good if that is going to happen! I also hope Borg comes up with a new design, time for some changes and I am a huge fan of his. Look at the popularity if IMDN. Machine is just a little bit different to recent releases and most of the pinball community loves it.

#243 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

alot of cool art potential as well as lighting effects and a bit of competition for Monster Bash in the way of theme character similarities.
if Borg design hope it is a new style layout and unlike his past 5 or so years layouts...

Quoted from PinMonk:

GoT rules with Borg action and Franchi art? Sounds pretty great to me. I just PRAY that Borg has really come up with a NEW playfield design instead of another reskin or mirror of his existing designs.

Now my expectations for Munsters are sky high! Borg said it was his favorite design too

When MBr's ship, they will be competing against other monster theme games - ACNC & Munsters (+ possibly Elvira 3)

#244 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

All true

#245 5 years ago

Holy shiiiiit!!! Am i allowed to say that on here? Who cares i said it anyways....i have a feeling that this game is going to be amazing....like Monster Bash/Adams Family on steroids!! I am stoked for this game big time.

#246 5 years ago
FB_IMG_1531475846266 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1531475846266 (resized).jpg
#247 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

We have a winner.

#248 5 years ago

When expectations are this high..there will always be disappointment. Love the theme, but the designers are screwed...at least on pinside. Let the b1tch1inng begin.

#249 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

When expectations are this high..there will always be disappointment. Love the theme, but the designers are screwed...at least on pinside. Let the b1tch1inng begin.

Deadpool's looking like a lame duck.

#250 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Deadpool's looking like a lame duck.

Agreed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.