(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 164.
#2401 5 years ago

Who-dey has talked me into waiting on Munsters to the point now that I am actually beginning to share in his enthusiasm. So maybe Coke can be changed into Pepsi, dogs and cats can live together, and two people who started off at odds can actually find the things we both can agree on. Really wanting to see the LE now.

#2402 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Who-dey has talked me into waiting on Munsters to the point now that I am actually beginning to share in his enthusiasm. So maybe Coke can be changed into Pepsi, dogs and cats can live together, and two people who started off at odds can actually find the things we both can agree on. Really wanting to see the LE now.

Can't wait for the reveal but what sucks after that is we gotta wait to see the Premium and LE after that. This waiting game is pure torture on us Munsters fans!

#2403 5 years ago

The pro reveal will speak volumes... but we know there can be huge differences in gameplay between pro and le depending on simple code updates and them figuring out how to use the hardware in different and cool ways as the code matures. I think that is what I am hoping for with the Pro reveal, just what do they do with pro hardware and how it all looks and plays on code rumored to be starting at 1.x. And then we see what hardware they add/change and how the game play changes as you go premium/LE. Should be an interesting 2019.

#2404 5 years ago

Wow just skimmed over the last 6 pages and learned Nothing new about the Munsters pin.

I'll check back here in another few weeks and waste another 20 mins of my life.

Anyone want to drink a beer and play some pinball hit me up Geez.

#2405 5 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Anyone want to drink a beer and play some pinball hit me up Geez.

None of us here play pinball. We just drink beer and talk about when we think the Munsters will get released.

#2406 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

When you are going to own the game for a long time and you are a good player, it's actually one of the most important things to consider.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Because, unlike the 20th century, lots of these are going straight to homes in the 21st century. Shallow games in homes are a death knell for longevity/interest. Exhibit A - Whoa Nelly/Pabst/Beatles.

Yes there are many games that get old fast FH CFTBL F14 T3 on the other side of the coin Stern dropped code to make the three multi balls easier because no one can finish the jukebox. For the average player the top rated 90s games are a good depth to keep things interesting. Comparing Whoa Nelly Pabst Beatles to today's games is ridiculous

#2407 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Around 4000 woz and 2000 di and 2000 hobbit..... thats alot of money ....

Even if it were 50 mil over 8 years that is not a lot of money

#2408 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

We just drink beer

Does bourbon count? If so, count me in.

#2409 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Yes there are many games that get old fast FH CFTBL F14 T3 on the other side of the coin Stern dropped code to make the three multi balls easier because no one can finish the jukebox. For the average player the top rated 90s games are a good depth to keep things interesting. Comparing Whoa Nelly Pabst Beatles to today's games is ridiculous

Well, they were released contemporaneously, so, uh, yeah. Valid to compare their lack of code depth to games that were released literally the same year that are MUCH deeper.

#2410 5 years ago

I am thankful Gary Stern was such a greedy capitalist that he saw keeping Stern open and producing pinballs as a way of making a little money with no competition after the initial collapse of the pinball scene in early 2000’s. I seriously expected the whole thing to come crashing down and we would be left with nothing but virtual pinball on video if we had anything at all.

Well now, some say, pinball is on the rise again... and new competition brings new dynamics into the mix. I am hoping Munsters takes Stern in a more competitive direction with regards to what “Limited Edition” means and they surprise us with something more Boutique in “exclusivity” on the higher end trim level machines, and that the Pro is a fun shooter for the casual player to help keep ops in the money.

The difference in price between Pro and Premium should be that much $$$ worth of value, and the LE should add another actual $$$ value, not just a $1000 worth of “exclusivity”, what ever that crap word implies. Do not just bolt a bunch of $5.00 action figures to it and charge me $500 bucks for the opportunity. I would rather have $500 worth of code devlopement instead because that improves the fun, the $50 in action figures I can’t play with, not so much.

Lets go Stern, show us you are the industry leader and not just an industry giant.

#2411 5 years ago

For me, the premium will always trump the LE.

#2412 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Yes there are many games that get old fast FH

You're NOT funny. *colbert*

#2413 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You're NOT funny. *colbert*

“Stop playing with the clock!!!”

#2414 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

“Stop playing with the clock!!!”

Have a hot dawg!! I always repeat that line whenever I hear the callout.

#2415 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, they were released contemporaneously, so, uh, yeah. Valid to compare their lack of code depth to games that were released literally the same year that are MUCH deeper.

King of diamonds was made the same year as IM it's still ridiculous to compare the two as it's ridiculous to compare a modern game to resent EM remakes

#2416 5 years ago

Found some great Munsters quotes and just reading them brought a big smile. I can officially wait no longer. Come on Stern ... quit fooling around and give us the Munsters already!

Lily Munster: When is that silly bird going to get girls off his mind?
The Raven: Nevermore, nevermore.

Lily: Eddie! You better start dawdling, or you're going to be on time for school!

Grandpa Munster: Hmm. What smells so good?
Herman Munster: I cut myself shaving.

Marilyn Munster: What does Ramone look like?
Lily Munster: He looks a little like Cary Grant, the poor man.

Lily Munster: Herman tried to build a ship inside a bottle. We had to break the bottle to get him out.

[repeated line]
Herman Munster: DARN, DARN, DARN, DARN!

Lily Munster: Oh, Marilyn... the circles under your eyes. How lovely you look today.

Marilyn Munster: Uncle Cavanaugh? I didn't know there were any English Munsters.
Grandpa Munster: Marilyn dear, no matter where you go in the world, you can always dig up one of our relatives.

Marilyn Munster: My aunt and uncle are out right now, and grandfather is up in the attic.
Pops Murdock: Oh, eh, working?
Marilyn Munster: Oh no, he just likes to hang around up there.

Marilyn Munster: In all the years that we've lived here, I can't recall more than 8 or 9 people ever getting past the front door.
Grandpa: What would the neigbors say if they saw a bunch of strange looking people living in our home?

Eddie Munster: Mom, if we do rent the place, can I use some of the money to buy Spot a new toy?
Lily Munster: Oh Eddie, we gave him a foreign sports car for Christmas, he played with it a couple of times, and then he threw over the back fence.

Eddie Munster: Hey mom, can I go out and walk around the ledge?
Lily Munster: Oh no, no, Eddie, you might fall off and hurt somebody.

Lily Munster: Oh dear, I think he's going to recite!
Herman Munster: Ibbedy bibbedy, sibbedy sab. Ibbediy bibbedy canal boat. Dictonary down the ferry. Mary, Mary quite contrary. Ehm... Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy lost his hair. Scooba doo and scooba dye. That's chicken's not too young to fry. Live is real, live is ernest. If you're cold, turn up the furnace. Eh, I, I thank you.
[riotous aplause]
Man with the beard: Man, that guy is deep!

Eddie Munster: Wowie, Zombo's the neatest guy. When I grow up, I wanna be just like Zombo.
Herman Munster: But son, I thought you wanted to be just like me, That's what you always used to say, wasn't it? .
Eddie Munster: Sure pop, but that was just when I was a dumb kid.

Grandpa: [to Herman] If Tony Curtis looked like you, there'd be no stopping him.

The Raven: Eleven O'Clock and all is well... but what do I know?

Grandpa Munster: [adressing the Cave Girl Robot] Excuse me, my dear, could I interest you in a little bite?
Herman Munster: Grandpa, she's only a robot. That woman can not talk.
Grandpa Munster: I know... those are the best kind.

Marilyn Munster: I don't know why uncle Herman wants to get become mixed up in racing.
Lily Munster: You know Herman, he always has to be a hero to his son.
Marilyn Munster: But I didn't know he knew anything about automobiles. He's really full of surprises.
Lily Munster: Full of surprises? You should have seen his X-rays after his last physical. They're some things in there that the doctor's couldn't figure out at all.

#2417 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

King of diamonds was made the same year as IM it's still ridiculous to compare the two as it's ridiculous to compare a modern game to resent EM remakes

When they're asking modern money for an EM or solid state remake or reskin, it sure is.

#2418 5 years ago

I’m a fan of:

Eddie: I have to go play with one of the neighbor kids.
Grandpa: Which one?
Eddie: I don’t know, I haven’t caught him yet

#2419 5 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Does bourbon count? If so, count me in.

Absolutely it counts. Anything that gets you drunk and makes you talk silly about a Munsters pinball machine being released soon counts, because we all know that it really isnt going to happen right?

#2420 5 years ago

Is it Munsters Wednesday? Patiently waiting...

1632a5ff09ceb579ccdf861d95ed488d07ad2f74r1-318-400v2_hq (resized).jpg1632a5ff09ceb579ccdf861d95ed488d07ad2f74r1-318-400v2_hq (resized).jpg
#2421 5 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Is it Munsters Wednesday? Patiently waiting...
[quoted image]

Yep. 2019 lol.

#2422 5 years ago

@who-dey... one thing is certain, the number of days between now and the Munsters official reveal is one less than it was yesterday.

#2423 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Lets go Stern, show us you are the industry leader and not just an industry giant.

They have already done that.

#2424 5 years ago

:L

Quoted from Yelobird:Yep. 2019 lol.

Listen, Debbie downer...

#2425 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

:L

Listen, Debbie downer...

Trust that I am Not. Not a bet but I think I was the first deposit on this game Before even the cell pics came out. Just looking at this thread for Months all the I heard from my brothers buddies neighbors friend it will be this week is a bit depressing and has no value for expectations. Seems like a few simply want to feel like "In The Know" spotlight for some false reason. If it came out tomorrow or next year December I will be ready.

#2426 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Trust that I am Not. Not a bet but I think I was the first deposit on this game Before even the cell pics came out. Just looking at this thread for Months all the I heard from my brothers buddies neighbors friend it will be this week is a bit depressing and has no value for expectations. Seems like a few simply want to feel like "In The Know" spotlight for some false reason. If it came out tomorrow or next year December I will be ready.

Ha, true.... I'm simply hopeful for soon, but will be happy when it's announced, regardless

#2428 5 years ago

You just spoke the word “eternity” in Munster-speak...

#2429 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

You just spoke the word “eternity” in Munster-speak...

It will all be worth the wait. This game is going to set the pinball world on fire once it releases!

#2430 5 years ago

Cant wait to play it.

#2431 5 years ago

This reminds me of being 8 years old and pouring over the 10 page toy section of the Sears catalogue in November..... the pain!

#2432 5 years ago

“It’s Ok, Dr. Smith, Robot can fix you right up... say Robot, you got anything for Dr. Smith?”

<whirr, click, tabulate> “I had a wonderful Purple Kush I was growing in the hydroponics lab, but Don and Judy bongzilla’d it all on their last date night” <click whirrrrr sumation square root>

“Wow, sorry, Dr. Smith, I forgot how much of a pin head Don was...”

<whirr click shaker motor meltdown> “Warning Will Robinson! Nut loose in operators chair!”

#2433 5 years ago

could be..

#2434 5 years ago

Fellas, do you believe if I tell you that I was watching news just now and i read here "MUNSTERS" instead of "MINISTERS" when I put the channel

976E2821-C076-4699-89B7-B983E0390A23 (resized).jpeg976E2821-C076-4699-89B7-B983E0390A23 (resized).jpeg
#2435 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Fellas, do you believe if I tell you that I was watching news just now and i read here "MUNSTERS" instead of "MINISTERS" when I put the channel[quoted image]

Well the Ford Brothers certainly do have that look about them ...

#2436 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Well the Ford Brothers certainly do have that look about them ...

I hope Dougie starts smoking crack like Robbie. Then we could have a crack-smoking mayor and premier! Our gong show would surely challenge the one to the south, not to be political or anything...

#2437 5 years ago

I’ve heard pro production line started For the overseas units. It won’t be long for an announcement now.

I’m extremely excited for this title and it’s going to sell a hell of a lot of units I’m refraining from posting too much on here cause everybody has eyes everywhere reading stuff .

I’ve had my LE model order in many months ago. Can’t wait.

#2438 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I’ve heard pro production line started For the overseas units. It won’t be long for an announcement now.

Best news of the week!!

#2439 5 years ago

This is great news, gives me faith we can still get a premiere in 2018!!

#2440 5 years ago

Looking forward to it!

#2441 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I’m extremely excited for this title and it’s going to sell a hell of a lot of units I’m refraining from posting too much on here cause everybody has eyes everywhere reading stuff .
I’ve had my LE model order in many months ago. Can’t wait.

I think that will depend on gameplay more than anything. I just don't see Musters as a super hot license, seeing that the show is ancient. I'm not saying that a healthy group won't jump on it, but I don't see it attracting a crazy amount with the theme; the gameplay will have to be innovative. That being said, I hope it's not Munster Bash and that the gameplay is excellent. I will never buy a NIB Stern again, but the used market will be friendly if a lot of them sell. When's the release date on used sales?

#2442 5 years ago

I’m sort of perplexed at the secretive nature concerning title releases among competitors within this industry. I get that you don’t want to announce titles that are a year out... but less than six months? If I thought I had a hot title introducing within a year, I would at least announce it to perhaps divert future sales away from my competitors.
If Munsters is beginning to roll off the line, show it to all of us... what is there to hide? Promote it for goodness sake!

#2443 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

If Munsters is beginning to roll off the line, show it to all of us... what is there to hide? Promote it for goodness sake!

Don't worry, that will happen.

#2444 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I’m sort of perplexed at the secretive nature concerning title releases among competitors within this industry. I get that you don’t want to announce titles that are a year out... but less than six months? If I thought I had a hot title introducing within a year, I would at least announce it to perhaps divert future sales away from my competitors.

You'll want to review industry practices of the past, especially Williams spying on Capcom and copying Pinball Magic with Theatre of Magic. Stern also lifted the mini-screen from JJP DI. They are rather cuthroat about it, hence the secrecy. All's fair in love, war and business.

#2445 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Stern also lifted the mini-screen from JJP DI. They are rather cuthroat about it, hence the secrecy. All's fair in love, war and business.

Didn't the mini screen in WWE LE come out before JJP DI?

#2446 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

What’s the question ?

WOZ 2 LCD
Hobbit 2 LCD
DI 3 LCD (first pin with 3)
POTC 2 LCD

#2447 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I don't think the claim is about technology. It's about timing and toys. That being said, I've only "heard" that in the forum, so who knows. The Capcom story is definitely true though.

#2448 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

What’s the question ?
WOZ 2 LCD
Hobbit 2 LCD
DI 3 LCD (first pin with 3)
POTC 2 LCD

The simple point is that pinball companies are competative and therefore secretive about their releases and products. Remove the LCD claim if it bugs you. You could replace it with Stern not releasing full schematics. The general suspicion is that they think other companies actually want to copy their Spike system.

#2449 5 years ago

I guess I get what you are saying but what assets
can competitors effectively steal and put out first ,within say, three months? If Munsters was truly finalized and just waiting for production to gear up theoretically a month ago, what is the harm in telling / showing us back then? It may have stopped buyers from jumping to another competitor?

#2450 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Stern also lifted the mini-screen from JJP DI. They are rather cuthroat about it, hence the secrecy. All's fair in love, war and business.

That's BS.

Trudeau wanted to put mini LCD screens in Mustang (a game from 2014) under the playfield to show the different cars driving up and sliding to a stop. It was deemed too expensive for multiple mini LCD screens. He had the idea even before WWE.

However, DI did steal "Mick on a Stick" from Stern's Rolling Stones!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/49?hl=wcbu64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.