(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 164.
#2351 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I paid $3800 NIB for my Tron.

I paid $4,400 for a Tron LE.

#2352 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Stern is selling a HELL of a lot more pins this decade than last.
From their perspective, the competition has meant didly-squat.

Totally untrue.

Since JJP arrived, Stern has:

- added LCD screens and hired animation artists
- increased # of coders and made a stronger commitment to update code in games (BM66, WD, AS are all great examples)
- added Franchi, ZombieYeti and Dirty Donnie as artists
- improved quality control
- started contract manufacturing
- hired more designers

Are there other factors at work? Sure. But to say the competition has meant nothing? When Stern had no competition, you had games with DMD only, photoshopped art, and incomplete or long delays in code. Competition is healthy!

#2353 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Totally untrue.
- increased # of coders and made a stronger commitment to update code in games (BM66, WD, AS are all great examples)
- hired more designers
Are there other factors at work? Sure. But to say the competition has meant nothing? When Stern had no competition, you had games with DMD only, photoshopped art, and incomplete or long delays in code. Competition is healthy!

Not entirely true. There are still long delays for code. Batman 66 has taken years to get close to complete. Kiss just got an update. GB owners keep wondering out loud.

As for quality, while Stern has had ups and downs, none of my SAM era Sterns ever had splitting cabinets, insert problems like GB’s initial run had, or soft crater mush playfields.

#2354 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not entirely true. There are still long delays for code. Batman 66 has taken years to get close to complete. Kiss just got an update. GB owners keep wondering out loud.

Game of Thrones has had major bugs since release that haven't been addressed.

#2355 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Totally untrue.

- hired more designers

I agree competition is healthy and I'm glad theres multiple companies making pins but LCD's were inevitable regardless and SM, LOTR's SPParty some of Sterns best games came before JJP exsisted. There is no threat right now from any boutique manufacturer.

#2356 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I agree competition is healthy and I'm glad theres multiple companies making pins but LCD's were inevitable regardless and SM, LOTR's SPParty some of Sterns best games came before JJP exsisted. There is no threat right now from any boutique manufacturer.

You’re right there is no threat because Stern’s copy and paste system, can’t be threatened. No other maker makes such simple no frills pinball tables than Stern. The great thing about Stern is their motto is: how good is good enough, cause we don’t care. I was at a pinball arcade and realized after playing a dozen Stern’s that they all began to blur and seemed to play and be near the same table. Just a couple ramps, with some plastics thrown here and there for a theme and relatively no motorized toys. DP with a slinky bash toy and IM with a lifting ramp. Not much at all in interactive toys. If the asking price were what they were just 7-8 years ago, then such a sparse amount of goodies is fine, but when the asking price is double that of 7-8 years ago, shouldn’t we expect a great deal more?

Even Stern’s boutique tables like Beatles and Primus cost an incredible $8,000.00 for not much at all. Cannot believe anyone would be sucked into paying that kind of money for so little in return. Those tables should only be no more than $3k to $4k tops.

We all need to vote with our money and just say no to Stern’s policy of giving very little in game toys, quality and code depth versus what other makers give us for our money spent. That would return pricing away from gouging us to being fairly priced again like it was just 7 years ago. When Tron could be purchased NIB for $3,800. Hoping Munsters will reflect a change in offering and fair pricing, but it probably won’t. Maybe if Beatles Boutique table does poorly Stern will rethink their strategy and return us to the good ol’ days of pinball. They would flourish if they did and make even more money than they do now.

Added over 5 years ago:

Addendum: played a lineup of Sterns last night and don’t think they play the same. Maybe the day wrote the above, felt like the lineup I was playing seems similar. Stern makes good tables that are fun to play. I own some as well.

#2357 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

You’re right there is no threat because Stern’s copy and paste system, can’t be threatened. No other maker makes such simple no frills pinball tables than Stern. The great thing about Stern is their motto is: how good is good enough, cause we don’t care. I was at a pinball arcade and realize after playing the bank a dozen Stern’s that they all began to blur and seemed to play and be near the same table. Just a couple ramps, with some plastics throw here and there for a theme and relatively no motorized toys. DP with a slinky bash toy and IM with a lifting ramp. Not much at all in interactive toys. If the asking price were what they were just 7-8 years ago, then such a sparse amount of goodies is fine, but when. The asking price is double that of 7-8 years ago, shouldn’t we expect a great deal more? Even Stern’s boutique tables like Beatles and Primus cost an incredible $8,000.00 for not much at all. Cannot believe anyone would be sucked into paying that kind of money for so little in return. Those tables should only be no more than $3k to $4k tops.
We all need to vote with our money and just say no to Stern’s policy of giving very little in game toys, quality and code depth versus what other makers give us for our money spent. That would return pricing away from gouging us to being fairly priced again like it was just 7 years ago. Where Tron could be purchased NIB for $3,800. Hoping Munsters will reflect a change in offering and fair pricing, but it probably won’t. Maybe if Beatles does poorly Stern will rethink their strategy and return us to the good ol’ days Of pinball.

How much did you pay for that Houdini that you got? IMDN, TWD, GOT, GB, KISS, AS, AC/DC, MET, BM66 and many others all are just as good or better games than your Houdini. Your post is garbage and has no merit. Stern is kicking ass right now and making the funnest games around and Munsters will be a huge success i guarantee it! The only game Stern has made in the last few years that i consider a dud is Deadpool.

#2358 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

You’re right there is no threat because Stern’s copy and paste system, can’t be threatened. No other maker makes such simple no frills pinball tables than Stern. The great thing about Stern is their motto is: how good is good enough, cause we don’t care. I was at a pinball arcade and realized after playing a dozen Stern’s that they all began to blur and seemed to play and be near the same table. Just a couple ramps, with some plastics thrown here and there for a theme and relatively no motorized toys. DP with a slinky bash toy and IM with a lifting ramp. Not much at all in interactive toys. If the asking price were what they were just 7-8 years ago, then such a sparse amount of goodies is fine, but when the asking price is double that of 7-8 years ago, shouldn’t we expect a great deal more?

Even Stern’s boutique tables like Beatles and Primus cost an incredible $8,000.00 for not much at all. Cannot believe anyone would be sucked into paying that kind of money for so little in return. Those tables should only be no more than $3k to $4k tops.

We all need to vote with our money and just say no to Stern’s policy of giving very little in game toys, quality and code depth versus what other makers give us for our money spent. That would return pricing away from gouging us to being fairly priced again like it was just 7 years ago. When Tron could be purchased NIB for $3,800. Hoping Munsters will reflect a change in offering and fair pricing, but it probably won’t. Maybe if Beatles Boutique table does poorly Stern will rethink their strategy and return us to the good ol’ days of pinball. They would flourish if they did and make even more money than they do now.

c9401c53b23270a0c97871f4434eee9e (resized).jpgc9401c53b23270a0c97871f4434eee9e (resized).jpg
#2359 5 years ago

JJP increased prices for everyone and continues to test the ceiling.

Tron LE was 5500

Stern LEs used to be $ 6500. ACDC, Xmen

Avengers jumped to $7k.

#2360 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How much did you pay for that Houdini that you got? IMDN, TWD, GOT, GB, KISS, AS, AC/DC, MET, BM66 and many others all are just as good or better games than your Houdini. Your post is garbage and has no merit. Stern is kicking ass right now and making the funnest games around and Munsters will be a huge success i guarantee it! The only game Stern has made in the last few years that i consider a dud is Deadpool.

Your right, stern really is kicking ass, they really worked the bugs out. I love what their doing and I like Deadpool, I don’t think it’s a dud at all.

#2361 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The only game Stern has made in the last few years that i consider a dud is Deadpool.

crazy talk! One of Stern's best games in the recent past. Once you get the lock shot dialed it, it becomes a fun game with some more unique shots.
Code is coming along nicely also (still needs refinement but Tanio is a breath of fresh air)

#2362 5 years ago

Bought two TronLE’s for $5.2k a piece. I followed Tron sales from the start and never saw any of the good deals mentioned above. Sold one for $8k and the other for $9k. Bought a Tron pro for $4.6k and modded it thu the roof. Those were the days.

Looking forwards to getting a Munsters LE ... probably at $9k.

#2363 5 years ago

I thought the Pinside Logic is that JJP are responsible for nothing else but high prices?

#2364 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I thought the Pinside Logic is that JJP are responsible for nothing else but high prices?

When Stern almost collapsed and brought on their new partner, they set a few primary goals from the start. Pros were selling for 4.5k and may have cost 3k to make. 1) They immediately raised their priced structure to include a healthy profit, ensure future stability and build in distributor profits. 2) They established and enforced minimum sales pricing for distributors. 3) They invested in staff and expanded design which increased internal BOM to closer to $4K. Pros are selling for $5.5k, but Prem sell for $7.5k and LE’s at $9k are where Stern makes bank.

#2365 5 years ago

Deadpool LE is a great game. So is Iron Maiden. Metallica is great. Star Trek was decent. Ghostbusters is pretty fun. Not sure what the problem is with that. All recent good efforts.

#2366 5 years ago

TPF website says Butch Patrick (Eddue Munster) and Pat Priest (Marilyn Munster) will both be at the show.

Hey Chris Franchi, if you reading this, please bring a Munsters print to the show with some of the pinball art on it. Lots of people would buy one to get signed by them.

Also John Rhys-Davis (Gimli from Lord of the Rings, Sallah from Indiana Jones) is supposed to be there as well.

#2367 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Pinsider from down under with the username Thunderbird doesn’t have a Thunderbirds game? Now that is how you make a
$5,000 piece of shit with lots of items that check a box for supposed features. Except it is not fun. At all. Stern makes fun games.

#2368 5 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Your right, stern really is kicking ass, they really worked the bugs out. I love what their doing and I like Deadpool, I don’t think it’s a dud at all.

There's a lot of people that like Deadpool so i get it. Im not really ragging on it, i just didnt care for it personally. I'm glad that you like it. Every game isn't for everyone, thats why im glad that Stern makes tons of games so that we can all enjoy something they have to offer.

#2369 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

crazy talk! One of Stern's best games in the recent past. Once you get the lock shot dialed it, it becomes a fun game with some more unique shots.
Code is coming along nicely also (still needs refinement but Tanio is a breath of fresh air)

Hilton i thought that you hated ALL Sterns?

#2370 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hilton i thought that you hated ALL Sterns?

nope, that is just the narrative on here. I own quite a few (personally) and of course on route also.
I have purchased both GOT and BDK in the past few months.

One of my favorite games is TWD but we have 2 on route so I dont own one of those.

#2371 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

We all need to vote with our money and just say no to Stern’s policy of giving very little in game toys, quality and code depth versus what other makers give us for our money spent. That would return pricing away from gouging us to being fairly priced again like it was just 7 years ago. When Tron could be purchased NIB for $3,800. Hoping Munsters will reflect a change in offering and fair pricing,

Fair pricing?

Just curious. Do you know anything about running a business and making profits (which is what businesses are in the business of doing)?

#2372 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Totally untrue.
- hired more designers

Uh, you'd better re-read what I wrote. I was talking about from a sales perspective, JJP has meant didly-squat to Stern.

Everything you posted is true, and not in dispute.

Back to the Munsters.....

#2373 5 years ago

Let's please move on since none of this has anything to do with the Munsters.

#2374 5 years ago

Just saw all these posts......not Munsters Monday...yet

#2375 5 years ago

Munsters on Thursday!

#2376 5 years ago

Now just need to narrow done the week!

#2377 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Munsters on Thursday!

ok...Munsters M-Th.....fun stuff..

#2378 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Game of Thrones has had major bugs since release that haven't been addressed.

Woops: Took it down --had nothing to do with Munsters...

#2379 5 years ago

Why would Friday not be a possibility?

#2380 5 years ago

I'd like to retheme it to a Muenster theme. Or would that be to cheesy?

#2381 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'd like to retheme it to a Muenster theme. Or would that be to cheesy?

That’s not Gouda of you!

Don’t STRING us along with those cheesy jokes.

#2382 5 years ago

Downright American of ya too!

#2383 5 years ago

You guys could use some whine with that cheese...

But all this cheese talk in a pinball forum is making me bleu...

#2384 5 years ago

A Muenster theme would make some cheddah.

#2385 5 years ago

Know what rhymes with Cheddah......feta

#2386 5 years ago

Sweet baby cheeses... just stop it.

#2387 5 years ago

Doctor told me I've got an addiction to Cheddar cheese. It's only mild though.

—-

Cheese has holes.

The more cheese you have, the more holes you have.

The more holes you have, the less cheese you have.

Conclusion: The more cheese you have, the less cheese you have.... more or less.

#2388 5 years ago

Waiting on The Munsters like.....

images (1) (resized).jpegimages (1) (resized).jpeg
#2389 5 years ago

Found a Munsters commercial for Cheerios. Don’t remember ever seeing it, but I’d guess it aired.

#2390 5 years ago

Stop it or I'm gonna give someone a swiss kick in the ass!!

#2391 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Found a Munsters commercial for Cheerios. Don’t remember ever seeing it, but I’d guess it aired.

It's surprising how well the gags hold up. I was watching some episodes last night and they were still pretty funny. One of the episodes was about Herman and Grandpa trying to rig a local election by tampering with the machines remotely. Very 2016 relevant. Season 2, Episode 13 if you want to find it, since the wiki episode guide doesn't mention anything about the election-rigging sub-plot.

#2392 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's surprising how well the gags hold up. I was watching some episodes last night and they were still pretty funny. One of the episodes was about Herman and Grandpa trying to rig a local election by tampering with the machines remotely. Very 2016 relevant.

Life imitates art.

#2393 5 years ago

Artistic license is what I tell myself when seeing Eddie’s amputated legs, wrapped in bandages and a beer bottle stuck up his butt.

Who’s the guy hovering over Lilly’s shoulder???

DC1C0135-FE43-4685-A1C6-1F8C2E190634 (resized).jpegDC1C0135-FE43-4685-A1C6-1F8C2E190634 (resized).jpeg
#2394 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Artistic license is what I tell myself when seeing Eddie’s amputated legs, wrapped in bandages and a beer bottle stuck up his butt.
Who’s the guy hovering over Lilly’s shoulder???[quoted image]

That is uncle Gilbert over Lilly's shoulder. Not sure what is going on with Eddie's legs.

#2395 5 years ago
Quoted from kevtronix:

That is uncle Gilbert over Lilly's shoulder. Not sure what is going on with Eddie's legs.

It’s a monkey down there. No big deal.

#2396 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It’s a monkey down there. No big deal.

7F3EC86E-9415-4691-A44B-6667930AA7D5 (resized).jpeg7F3EC86E-9415-4691-A44B-6667930AA7D5 (resized).jpeg
#2397 5 years ago

Ok...Munster Monday over..I'll ride with the Thursday guess, but after that, I'll just be happy when they do announce (not in a terrible hurry, but will be happy when it's available....

#2398 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ok...Munster Monday over..I'll ride with the Thursday guess, but after that, I'll just be happy when they do announce (not in a terrible hurry, but will be happy when it's available....

Im with you MK, Tuesday it is brother!!

#2399 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im with you MK, Tuesday it is brother!!

I like how you think!!!!

#2400 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I like how you think!!!!

Here's all i am thinking......
1skelly (resized).jpg1skelly (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/48?hl=brewinbombers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.