(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 164.
#2301 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Out of curiosity, how much does anything valued @ 5995.00 in 2011 sell for 7 years later if it's deemed desirable.
Had a 1970 AAR Plymouth Cuda back in '75 that I bought used, but in great shape for $1500.00......not a cargument, just saying cash is not worth what it once was....by a mile....

Screen Shot 2018-12-01 at 10.59.58 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-12-01 at 10.59.58 PM (resized).png
#2302 5 years ago

In meantime....back to Munsters!

Is the reveal this week or next by Stern?

#2303 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

In meantime....back to Munsters!
Is the reveal this week or next by Stern?

Still next year hasn’t changed.

#2304 5 years ago

And....ahh, not worth the bandwidth....

#2305 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Still next year hasn’t changed.

This is not what my very reputable Distro stated earlier in the week......but again, not worth the bandwidth. They will announce when they announce....

#2306 5 years ago

Announcement in December, units running down the line starting in December.... sales start in December....machines ship in January??!!

#2307 5 years ago

Keep your fingers crossed!

#2308 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This is not what my very reputable Distro stated earlier in the week......but again, not worth the bandwidth. They will announce when they announce....

Announcing in Dec would let them save face and not miss the 3 cornerstore/year target again. I can see that happening.

#2309 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Announcing in Dec would let them save face and not miss the 3 cornerstore/year target again. I can see that happening.

Save face from who?
IMDN
ACDC Luci vault
ST vault
Supreme
Deadpool
The Beatles
Primus

Seems like a pretty busy year if I'm remembering the 2 vault games correctly. Maybe Luci was last year?

#2310 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Save face from who?
IMDN
ACDC Luci vault
ST vault
Supreme
Deadpool
The Beatles
Primus
Seems like a pretty busy year if I'm remembering the 2 vault games correctly. Maybe Luci was last year?

Maiden and Deadpool are the only two cornerstones on that list.

Save face from another public declaration they fail to meet. THEY made the whole cornerstone thing, and were very clear about not counting vaults or contract pins. They've hit it once since they made that declaration. This would be another miss if they don't announce the 3rd one for 2018 to technically fulfill it.

#2311 5 years ago

3 cornerstones is a forecast, a goal.

Multiple VE’s + multiple contract games + 2 cornerstones is pretty bad ass & far from failing IMO

I too want there to be a 3rd cornerstone for 2018 but it’s for selfish reasons.

Just my opinion. In order to avoid Stern fanboy status I will complain about them soon I promise.

#2312 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maiden and Deadpool are the only two cornerstones on that list.
Save face from another public declaration they fail to meet. THEY made the whole cornerstone thing, and were very clear about not counting vaults or contract pins. They've hit it once since they made that declaration. This would be another miss if they don't announce the 3rd one for 2018 to technically fulfill it.

Yep and business plans never change. Looking at that list they appear to have announced and shipped 6 more titles than All other companies combined. Such a confusing group at times. Why do they rush to get games out incomplete....Why don't they do more titles you can't break a marketing promise... Why so long, why that title... we are a picky group to please. lol

#2313 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yep and business plans never change. Looking at that list they appear to have announced and shipped 6 more titles than All other companies combined. Such a confusing group at times. Why do they rush to get games out incomplete....Why don't they do more titles you can't break a marketing promise... Why so long, why that title... we are a picky group to please. lol

They need to stop talking about cornerstones, then. Why promote it when they literally almost never hit it?

#2314 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They need to stop talking about cornerstones, then. Why promote it when they literally almost never hit it?

Because it keeps You talking about them! lol Marketing 101

#2315 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Because it keeps You talking about them! lol Marketing 101

Pfft. If I'm their marketing target, they're failing.

Also, I looked it up and initially cornerstones were supposed to be 3 or 4 titles a year separate from contract and boutique pins according to Gary. They've only hit 3 cornerstones twice, and of those literally 70% shipped with substantially unfinished code.

#2316 5 years ago

Who cares about a marketing phrase of x many cornerstones a year, separate from contract or boutique? Anyone? That is just hype generation tactics in my book. The number one metric I care about is x number of machines produced per year, and hopefully that number has a positive slope and is going up. The Munsters will fill the line like any other title, they will sell the first run out, then it will go into the rotation, why does it have to fall specifically within this calendar year? As long as Stern is producing and selling machines, it means there is a demand. Which means pinball will be around at least another year. Do we care as players and enthusiasts that they hit their development target? I only care that more machines are being made. So if Munsters turns out to be epic, is that still a fail since it was delivered in January and not December? Investors might care, Gary may care, but me? Not so much. Just build more Pinball!!

#2317 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Who cares about a marketing phrase of x many cornerstones a year, separate from contract or boutique? Anyone? That is just hype generation tactics in my book. The number one metric I care about is x number of machines produced per year, and hopefully that number has a positive slope and is going up. The Munsters will fill the line like any other title, they will sell the first run out, then it will go into the rotation, why does it have to fall specifically within this calendar year? As long as Stern is producing and selling machines, it means there is a demand. Which means pinball will be around at least another year. Do we care as players and enthusiasts that they hit their development target? I only care that more machines are being made. So if Munsters turns out to be epic, is that still a fail since it was delivered in January and not December? Investors might care, Gary may care, but me? Not so much. Just build more Pinball!!

I think Munsters is going to be epic i really do. I wont lie to you though, after seeing and playing MBR last night im lusting over it quite a bit. It may very well be the most beautiful pinball machine that ive ever laid my eyes upon!

#2318 5 years ago

I have a question for operators about unfinished code and machines. Would they want a new Munsters to put on route NOW, or a Munsters delivered 6 months from now with finished code? Is newness if the title more important than completeness of rules and code?

#2319 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I have a question for operators about unfinished code and machines. Would they want a new Munsters to put on route NOW, or a Munsters delivered 6 months from now with finished code? Is newness if the title more important than completeness of rules and code?

I think for operators that newness and theme is more important than code. These games with the exception of a couple usually ship with pretty good code. I also think stern realizes that a good code is very important to people these days and they seem to have stepped it up a notch in the coding department.

#2320 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think Munsters is going to be epic i really do. I wont lie to you though, after seeing and playing MBR last night im lusting over it quite a bit. It may very well be the most beautiful pinball machine that ive ever laid my eyes upon!

Yep,

We are all down for some serious eye candy
The home run for The Munsters will be the sexy, popping Franchi art.
Smooth JB flow with a stack of cool shots. Awesome funny call outs !

The hype indicates the lower playfield may deliver the killer blow ?
If the lower playfield does deliver the goods, 2 flippers, targets, pop ?? subway, shute ? ( wow i'm buzzing, lol ). MuNST ( someone come up with a better acronym please ) stands to be a BIG seller !
the final piece will be cool audio. Really need you audio guys to deliver on this one

Finally Stern pinball
Can you please up the ante with build quality and develop sound mechanisms.
The electronics hardware looks sound, please provide support for this by providing schematics as promised.

I appreciate you listen to feedback and try to correct hardware issues.

Don't forget to treat the LE buyers with the complete suite of extras please.

Bring on The Munsters 2019 AWESOME !

#2321 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yep,
We are all down for some serious eye candy
The home run for The Munsters will be the sexy, popping Franchi art.
Smooth JB flow with a stack of cool shots. Awesome funny call outs !
The hype indicates the lower playfield may deliver the killer blow ?
If the lower playfield does deliver the goods, 2 flippers, targets, pop ?? subway, shute ? ( wow i'm buzzing, lol ). MuNST ( someone come up with a better acronym please ) stands to be a BIG seller !
the final piece will be cool audio. Really need you audio guys to deliver on this one
Finally Stern pinball
Can you please up the ante with build quality and develop sound mechanisms.
The electronics hardware looks sound, please provide support for this by providing schematics as promised.
I appreciate you listen to feedback and try to correct hardware issues.
Don't forget to treat the LE buyers with the complete suite of extras please.
Bring on The Munsters 2019 AWESOME !

I can't wait to see this game. I especially cant wait to see the Premium and LE versions. I hope it reveals in December.

#2322 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think for operators that newness and theme is more important than code. These games with the exception of a couple usually ship with pretty good code. I also think stern realizes that a good code is very important to people these days and they seem to have stepped it up a notch in the coding department.

Code is important even on our locations!
Guardians earned decent the first month and was horrible after that until the first good code update came around which added Cherry Bomb multiball and this made the game from very mediocre and a pretty poor earner to a great earner and people love it now!
So I would say code is also important for locations! That's just my 2 cents however

#2323 5 years ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

Code is important even on our locations!
Guardians earned decent the first month and was horrible after that until the first good code update came around which added Cherry Bomb multiball and this made the game from very mediocre and a pretty poor earner to a great earner and people love it now!
So I would say code is also important for locations! That's just my 2 cents however

True but GOTG was one of those exceptions that i had in mind and another one would have been BM66. Of course code means something when you are talking about a game that has basically no code at all but generally most games i would say ships with a decent enough code for location play. Now for the really good player at his house that may be another story.

#2324 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

My main issue with all Stern tables, is the lack of interactive toys. If I’m going to pay Sterns high asking prices, it better be more than artwork underglass. They better have worlds under glass, loaded with interactive toys like JJP. Im not trying to turn this into JJP vs Stern. JJP has upped the game for sure. An empty play field is not very pinball like and especially in the 21st century.

An empty playfield is exactly what JJP put out with Hobbit (bigger turd than anything Stern has put out in the last several years) just sayin....

#2325 5 years ago

Announcing games in December isn't new for Stern. I am betting the reveal and production will be starting this month.

#2326 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Announcement in December, units running down the line starting in December.... sales start in December....machines ship in January??!!

Probablity is high. Some Pro's might even ship before December is over depending on how quick the game gets going.

Munsters should hit the line fairly soon..... Reveal is coming

#2327 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Announcing games in December isn't new for Stern. I am betting the reveal and production will be starting this month.

Good bet.

#2328 5 years ago

Well, me and Who-Dey have talked each other into the other camps... I want to see a Munsters LE now, and he has finally seen a MBr and we agree, that puppy is pure old school pinball crack, and I got my dealer on speed dial. If Stern can do Munsters justice, I am ready and willing to step up and eat crow. Does it taste good with ketchup?

#2329 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Anything’s possible, but if what Butch Patrick told us is accurate (see post# 1857), the game will be unveiled in March, at TPF - so I’d be surprised if we see many playable machines (if any) prior to that.

#2330 5 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Anything’s possible, but if what Butch Patrick told us is accurate (see post# 1857), the game will be unveiled in March, at TPF - so I’d be surprised if we see many playable machines (if any) prior to that.

That's just Butches appearance, that's been lined up for months, the game is coming way before that - release will be soon.

High probability that it is hitting the line in the next couple weeks...

#2331 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

That's just Butches appearance, that's been lined up for months, the game is coming way before that - release will be soon.

Exactly. Butch has no inside knowledge on when Stern will officially announce the game online. He only knows about his appearance at TPF to show off the game to patrons of the festival.

#2332 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

High probability that it is hitting the line in the next couple weeks...

That would be awesome!

#2334 5 years ago

Pro looks like 1 level except for space over top half of playfield which would be ideal for an upper pf. Anybody think the pro has 2 levels and then the prem/Le get lower pf for 3 levels?

#2335 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Pro looks like 1 level except for space over top half of playfield which would be ideal for an upper pf. Anybody think the pro has 2 levels and then the prem/Le get lower pf for 3 levels?

Would be kewl if the pro was one level, Pre was 2 and LE was 3...

#2336 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Would be kewl if the pro was one level, Pre was 2 and LE was 3...

Think I know where they got the idea

8FF56781-1683-4BD2-B80F-A5FC56FD0F73 (resized).jpeg8FF56781-1683-4BD2-B80F-A5FC56FD0F73 (resized).jpeg
#2337 5 years ago

Let’s hope Dwight is able to bring some Lyman like magic to Munsters

Hopefully it won’t be like GB waiting 2 yrs to get to a meaningful wrap up and polish

I don’t know what SW is like but I hope he stays away from linear progression this time

#2338 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don’t know what SW is like

It's awesome. And non-linear.

#2339 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I've never understood the appeal of TAF. Never liked the theme, or the gameplay. It's weird that of all the games, that is the best selling of all time. Had to just be timing. I mean, I understand that enough like it to justify it, so it's just a personal opinion that I am one of those that don't, but not really sure why it did as well as it did and nothing else did as well. There are better games that came out after IMO.

Addams was a game changer. No Game had a mode structure leading to a wizard mode like that before. No game incorporated movie content & custom dialog like that before. No Game had hidden magnets that F’d with the ball before, or a game controlled flipper, or a mysterious toy reveal like Thing...or or or - the game was full of fun and surprises, and almost every game after it used it as a template.

#2340 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

By then, the LE models had started making Stern some nice inflated profit. More sales were moving to the home user. Old Jack was liking what he was seeing, and decided it was time to jump in, but didn't have a game out until 2013. In the meantime, Tron hit, followed by AC/DC. Stern fueled the resurgence and made it possible for other to be successful. I say possible, because many have failed.

You’re rewriting history a bit. In 2010/11 Stern had scaled down so much, their only designer was Borg. Their only programmer was Lonnie w/ Lyman helping a bit as freelance. Collectors HATED Stern games of this era. They hated Iron Man. They thought Tron was a joke. They didn’t get popular until later when people realized they were fun. Even low run LE’s like Stones & Avatar sold slowly & are said to not have been finished their production runs.

Stern brought back Steve Ritchie for AC/DC as a counter to JJP’s announcement of the company & WOZ. Stern didn’t have a real resurgence until AC/DC became a massive unexpected hit. The collector hype from AC/DC & Tron LE’a value spike led to LE’s selling well to speculators and flippers, even if the games were bad. Even those sales booms weren’t a real representation of the pinball resurgence, which really started a bit later with a mix of marketing, better themes/art, pop culture, nostalgia, streamers, tournaments and barcades.

#2341 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You’re rewriting history a bit. In 2010/11 Stern had scaled down so much, their only designer was Borg. Their only programmer was Lonnie w/ Lyman helping a bit as freelance. Collectors HATED Stern games of this era. They hated Iron Man. They thought Tron was a joke. They didn’t get popular until later when people realized they were fun. Even low run LE’s like Stones & Avatar sold slowly & are said to not have been finished their production runs.
Stern brought back Steve Ritchie for AC/DC as a counter to JJP’s announcement of the company & WOZ. Stern didn’t have a real resurgence until AC/DC became a massive unexpected hit. The collector hype from AC/DC & Tron LE’a value spike led to LE’s selling well to speculators and flippers, even if the games were bad. Even those sales booms weren’t a real representation of the pinball resurgence, which really started a bit later with a mix of marketing, better themes/art, pop culture, nostalgia, streamers, tournaments and barcades.

I’m not re-writing history. The is no pinball resurgence without Stern.

Now, back to the Munsters.

#2342 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I’m not re-writing history. The is no pinball resurgence without Stern.

That is true, but your facts and timeline are wrong.

#2343 5 years ago

Maybe a Munster's Monday??? Fun to speculate on the release of this one....

#2344 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That is true, but your facts and timeline are wrong.

The thread’s moved on. Last night was the time to jump into that argument.

#2345 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I pick Thursday.

Start to fill in the betting squares!

#2346 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I pick Thursday.
Start to fill in the betting squares!

I like my guess better, but would also be thrilled w yours...

#2347 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Sounds good to me, tomorrow it is!

#2349 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

My money is on January 20 2019

Your logic is flawed...my clock already showed up!!!

#2350 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The thread’s moved on. Last night was the time to jump into that argument.

Says who? Forum posts don’t have time limits for responses. I don’t live on Pinside anymore lol....I’m not likely to participate as though it’s a live chat. I was enjoying time with loved ones last nite.

Once again, you’re wrong. Sowwy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/47?hl=datschwandt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.