(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 164.
#2201 5 years ago

Someone is trying a little extra hard to justify their Monster Bash order, and looking a little foolish. So you love MB...awesome, have fun with it! But don't come here and tell us Munsters is crap when you haven't seen the completed game, let alone gameplay. It reeks of either trolling, or juvenile over compensation.

#2202 5 years ago

@T7, edgyness between Addams Family and Munsters fanchises, not other pins by Stern.

#2203 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

You have not even seen a fully populated playfield yet. All you have seen is bare artwork and the bottom half of a pro model...you are a bit premature here, hoss.

He was stuck in a submarine full of dudes for quite a spell, of course he’s premature! Ba-dum-bum

#2204 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

goofy wager or not, you didn't take me up on it, and my wager was will we be talking about this pin the same way as we talk about TAF 25+ years on.

Will anyone be talking about pinball at all in 25+ years?

I'd say you've staked out a good bet for yourself though -- will X new game be as big of a deal as the highest production and most well known pinball machine of all time? -- except for the fatal flaw that the bet doesn't come due until 2043. Beyond the problem of inflation, with the average age and fitness of pinball fans there's a decent chance anyone that takes your bet will be dead by then.

#2205 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Maybe to you, what I see is just another Stern nostalgic cash grab that I want no part in. And goofy wager or not, you didn't take me up on it, and my wager was will we be talking about this pin the same way as we talk about TAF 25+ years on. I figure we wont be talking about it much at all come 3 years from now.

Deal, I will wager you $10. Come back to this thread in 20 years and I will pay for your wisdom. lol

#2206 5 years ago

I think someone in this thread is trying to justify their 8K+ MBLE purchase

#2207 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Someone is trying a little extra hard to justify their Monster Bash order, and looking a little foolish. So you love MB...awesome, have fun with it! But don't come here and tell us Munsters is crap when you haven't seen the completed game, let alone gameplay. It reeks of either trolling, or juvenile over compensation.

Bet me to it

#2208 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I will never understand why people think deeper = better

When you are going to own the game for a long time and you are a good player, it's actually one of the most important things to consider.

#2209 5 years ago

Lol @wyopin, you make a good point

@jodyg, no, I do not have to justify a MBrLE purchase, just like about 1250 others do not. I didn’t like DP, and IMDN has been the funnest Stern shooter of late, and it has no toys to speak of... so go figure. So do I take a risk on an unproven Stern title, or buy a Monster Bash, unknown, known, risky, safe? Does it matter? I have always loved playing and have always wanted to own a Monster Bash. That I had to pass on a Stern Munsters cash grab to justify it? Ok I will own that, and I will own my Monster Bash and have 20+ more years of fun with it (if I live that long). Ymmv.

#2210 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Can someone please give me my opinion on the game I haven't seen or played yet, I'm really struggling forming it.

ROFL

#2211 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

you have no idea until you see the premium

That’s fair. Some folks seem to think Stern has something up their sleeve with the Premium. I’m game for waiting to pass final judgment.

#2212 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

When you are going to own the game for a long time and you are a good player, it's actually one of the most important things to consider.

Agreed, I bought this game last week, I think I have just about seen every thing it has to offer, even with the 2.0 rom.

20181125_193317 (resized).jpg20181125_193317 (resized).jpg
#2213 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Maybe to you, what I see is just another Stern nostalgic cash grab that I want no part in. And goofy wager or not, you didn't take me up on it, and my wager was will we be talking about this pin the same way as we talk about TAF 25+ years on. I figure we wont be talking about it much at all come 3 years from now.

Not sure if you need to be that Edgy poster or feel your wisdom is worth trolling but honestly rarely understand your logic? While I love MB and don't feel the need to Convince anyone they shouldn't buy it wouldn't That be considered more of a Cash grab as you have posted in Every thread? Hmmm, lets just make the same game again thats new and certainly not a cash grab....

#2214 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

So do I take a risk on an unproven Stern title, or buy a Monster Bash, unknown, known, risky, safe?

If you loved playing Monster Bash on location in the past, you're taking a risk that it will quickly become stale at home.

#2215 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Lol @wyopin, you make a good point
@jodyg, no, I do not have to justify a MBrLE purchase, just like about 1250 others do not. I didn’t like DP, and IMDN has been the funnest Stern shooter of late, and it has no toys to speak of... so go figure. So do I take a risk on an unproven Stern title, or buy a Monster Bash, unknown, known, risky, safe? Does it matter? I have always loved playing and have always wanted to own a Monster Bash. That I had to pass on a Stern Munsters cash grab to justify it? Ok I will own that, and I will own my Monster Bash and have 20+ more years of fun with it (if I live that long). Ymmv.

Cash grab? Yeah...i've heard it all now! The game you just bought is literally the definition of a cash grab. Again, you haven't even seen a complete Munsters yet, but you already know it is a cash grab? You need to step up your troll game a bit, because a squirt of piss has a better chance of standing on its own than the bold claims you are presenting here.

#2216 5 years ago

This guy is in the wrong thread. Time for him to leave, methinks.

#2217 5 years ago

OK I mentioned in a earlier post that;
"Crap! I was hoping this wouldn't happen for awhile. I'm already in for mbr-le...now gotta tell the wife need still another soon. I have the slot machine,clock,lunchbox,thermos, games, dvd, and a bunch of small stuff..so, obviously this has got to happen too. arrrggg "

Well, I told her...she said "that's fine....But, don't you think you should play it 1st before you lock down on one just because it is musters?? what if it doesn't play that well?"

Damn I hate her when when she makes a good point. (just because I like munsters) Guess I'll have to play it first now....but at least she did say, "fine"

#2218 5 years ago

As far as deep rules or not, I think it's probably best to have both in your collection. Back in the 1990s (and before) there really wasn't a home market so the games didn't need to be deep, but still fun, to earn on location at the arcades, pizza places, grocery stores, and everywhere else they used to be found. Many of those games are still fun today and a lot of times I don't want to think much when I play, just have some fun after a hard days work (e.g. my Rollergames isn't very deep at all, but it's fast and the game play and music work great for me - I aim to lock the 3 balls, get the Rollergames chant going, and hope to hit the Jackpot to get the Kick Butt song playing - its not deep at all, but it's fun and I get a sense of accomplishment all in less than 15 minutes or so). On the other hand, I do wish I had at least one deep game in my collection to continue to challenge me through the months to advance further in it to see what else I will discover. That's something particularly suited to the home environment where you will keep and play the game longer than on location. On the other hand, if all my pins were deep then I think I'd be missing out on some of the games that are really fun without being deep, particularly when I don't want to spend a lot of time or brain power understanding the rules and making selections of characters, etc. rather than just focusing on playing some straightforward pinball. My view on this discussion, for what it is worth.

#2219 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Like some people say, you don’t need to drive a Ford to know it’s a piece of crap... a turd can be a turd before it leaves your asshole... just saying.

You couldn’t have picked a better name for yourself Bubblehead.

#2220 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Why, are all Michael Bublé superfans known for trolling Munsters threads?

#2221 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Why, are all Michael Bublé superfans known for trolling Munsters threads?

buble (resized).jpgbuble (resized).jpg
#2222 5 years ago

Ok, listen, this is a speculation thread... I am speculating The Munsters is going to be a just another average Stern title... I see everyone is still talking about SW... and GOTG.... and KISS15... really wonderful Stern titles for sure. People are all salivating for this Munster machine like it is going to be the next TAF... well I have no real good Trump in my gut feeling that Stern is going to produce the next TAF-level of iconic pinball machines and that The Munsters will come and go like KISS, SW, GOTG, DP? (or CSI or 24... wait, those are low blows).

I figure someone has to break up this Munsters love fest... besides I have nothing else better to do than make your lives miserable until my MBrLE shows up.

#2223 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Not for me. Every crazy deep journey type game gets old to me the fastest. I'll still have Flash Gordon and every last one of the 12 billion lines of code games will be long gone.

Being a good player and home buyer has nothing to do with needing crazy deep code. You just prefer games like that.

#2224 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Not for me. Every crazy deep journey type game gets old to me the fastest. I'll still have Flash Gordon and every last one of the 12 billion lines of code games will be long gone.
Being a good player and home buyer has nothing to do with needing crazy deep code. You just prefer games like that.

+1

#2225 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I figure someone has to break up this Munsters love fest... besides I have nothing else better to do than make your lives miserable until my MBrLE shows up.

AKA trolling.

#2226 5 years ago

Why is anyone comparing this to TAF? Because they were both B&W shows from some of our childhoods? Unless it's a JJP title, you can't compare anything to the Williams 90's era. Guarantee Munsters won't have a rotating bookcase or a hand with a magnet that grabs the ball. Will it have lots of great art and probably good display art (can it be called art if it's clips with text?), sure. Will it be a groundbreaking layout? Doubt it, but we're all speculating on a grainy bare playfield, and a very zoomed in photo of the middle of the playfield that shows part of a wireform ramp and a side lane. How can anyone judge this pin yet?

#2227 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I will never understand why people think deeper = better

Because, unlike the 20th century, lots of these are going straight to homes in the 21st century. Shallow games in homes are a death knell for longevity/interest. Exhibit A - Whoa Nelly/Pabst/Beatles.

#2228 5 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Agreed, I bought this game last week, I think I have just about seen every thing it has to offer, even with the 2.0 rom.
[quoted image]

Joined the Cirqus the first day I had this. Lost interest and sold it. It's a very easy game.

#2229 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

How so? Munsters is a two flipper fan layout game from what we can see and TAF has four flippers...Munsters will be vastly more similar to the other two flipper fans from Borg than any four flipper title from Pat.

I believe we are getting 4 flippers on premium/LE Tiger

#2230 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I believe we are getting 4 flippers on premium/LE Tiger

6. There is an upper playfield on the Premium/LE as well as a lower.

#2231 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Because, unlike the 20th century, lots of these are going straight to homes in the 21st century. Shallow games in homes are a death knell for longevity/interest. Exhibit A - Whoa Nelly/Pabst/Beatles.

Does anyone have a Beatles in home yet? Seems premature to strike the death knell for longevity before the starting gun has fired.

#2232 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Does anyone have a Beatles in home yet? Seems premature to strike the death knell for longevity before the starting gun has fired.

Based on the fact that a couple people almost completed it on show floors playing it for the first time, I would say it's likely not premature.

#2233 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Based on the fact that a couple people almost completed it on show floors playing it for the first time, I would say it's likely not premature.

Wait, someone rolled the score? WOW.

#2234 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Wait, someone rolled the score? WOW.

Rolling the score and completing the available code are two different things, as you clearly must know. I rolled over the Defender vid in the arcade multiple times, but had pretty much seen all the code long before that happened. Same idea with Beatles.

#2235 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Which is why we still play all those shallow rulesets from the past... hello Mcfly... think Mcfly... we had fun playing those titles 20 years ago, so why all of a sudden do they suck so much that these fru fru johnny come lately types can’t “get it out of my gameroom” fast enough?!?

Im sorry but your comments in this thread are equivalent to a steaming pile. Bashing a game this much without anything official is comical. Since you think your opinion is so valid here is mine, the younger generation in pinball likes newer games. TAF isnt on much of anyones mind, most people i know cant stand it. To each is own, go back under your bridge.

#2236 5 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

[quoted image]

If you've gotten all 5 multiballs concurrently stacked after owning it a week, I am impressed. (Not to derail the thread )

#2237 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Rolling the score and completing the available code are two different things, as you clearly must know. I rolled over the Defender vid in the arcade multiple times, but had pretty much seen all the code long before that happened. Same idea with Beatles.

Sure, but for most of pinball history score was the primary objective. I've rolled pins and then for extra challenge tried to play a 4 player game and roll all 4. The idea of "seeing everything" is a pretty new pinball phenomenon and doesn't have to be the point.

#2238 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Sure, but for most of pinball history score was the primary objective. I've rolled pins and then for extra challenge tried to play a 4 player game and roll all 4. The idea of "seeing everything" is a pretty new pinball phenomenon and doesn't have to be the point.

You are perhaps the last of a dying breed. I salute you.

#2239 5 years ago

Calling it Munster Bash is just supposed to be light hearted joking while we wait to see the game, actually passing judgement without even seeing a complete package, let alone a video, let alone playing it? What's the point?

Stern plays things safe, I doubt this will be the second coming of anything, probably just another competent licensed game. But who knows yet, we could be surprised. Or, maybe it's not amazing, and it's just fun. Maybe it will be a crushing disappointment, I dunno, how could anyone say?

#2240 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Calling it Munster Bash is just supposed to be light hearted joking while we wait to see the game, actually passing judgement without even seeing a complete package, let alone a video, let alone playing it? What's the point?

The point is pinside and pinside is the point.

#2241 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

LOL Terry...Bubbles needs to def change his name when you act like that.

Like Kman Jr.?

#2242 5 years ago

He's definetly trying to be the new, edgy poster around here. Some of the things he says are interesting, other are

#2243 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

maybe..the avatar

trollhead (resized).jpgtrollhead (resized).jpg

#2244 5 years ago

what this game needs is 5 upper playfields.

#2245 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

6. There is an upper playfield on the Premium/LE as well as a lower.

If only, that would be pretty cool.

But I’m excited to see the lower playfield especially if what mnpinball says that it will be better and more involved than AC/DCs.

#2246 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Like Kman Jr.?

I was thinking maybe Bozo the Clown or something?

#2247 5 years ago

Relax people. Im comparing quantity, not quality.... sheesh...

#2248 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The point is pinside and pinside is the point.

And this is accurate....logic rarely applies in most of these threads for some.

I believe "Munsterbash" was sarcastic in nature, and coupled w some of his other comments, he enjoys stirring up things that aren't even baked yet

Adams will be Adams, Munsters will be Munsters......at least we got a sneak peak that could be praised or ripped to pieces...it's what happens on here....

#2249 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

My main issue with all Stern tables, is the lack of interactive toys. If I’m going to pay Sterns high asking prices, it better be more than artwork underglass. They better have worlds under glass, loaded with interactive toys like JJP. Im not trying to turn this into JJP vs Stern. JJP has upped the game for sure. An empty play field is not very pinball like and especially in the 21st century. I know the pics are low Rez and maybe the high Rez will change minds, but the PF looks rather empty and more in the vain of the Beatles table. I love the Munsters show. It’s a classic, so I really want to like this table. Will hold full judgement till complete reveal and play is shown. Stern is smart to piece meal the reveal to us.
I own Batman 66 and love the table theme integration. But it has some motorized active toys. Penguin crane is one of the all time best and the bat cave turntable another quality motorized toy. Munsters beside it would look nice. So here’s hoping full reveal looks better and full demo shows more motorized toys.

EXACTLY the way I feel

#2250 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I think The Munsters is an Addams Family knock off cash grab trying to masquerade as a Monster Bash remake killer.

That is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

well ur opinion is horseshit, Stern doesn't care about CGC and JJP or any of the other boutique companies, maybe once one of them becomes an actual threat but for now and the forseeable future Stern is king and with good reason.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/45?hl=bertodrink1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.