(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 164.
#2151 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

My main issue with all Stern tables, is the lack of interactive toys. If I’m going to pay Sterns high asking prices, it better be more than artwork underglass. They better have worlds under glass, loaded with interactive toys like JJP. Im not trying to turn this into JJP vs Stern. JJP has upped the game for sure. An empty play field is not very pinball like and especially in the 21st century. I know the pics are low Rez and maybe the high Rez will change minds, but the PF looks rather empty and more in the vain of the Beatles table. I love the Munsters show. It’s a classic, so I really want to like this table. Will hold full judgement till complete reveal and play is shown. Stern is smart to piece meal the reveal to us.
I own Batman 66 and love the table theme integration. But it has some motorized active toys. Penguin crane is one of the all time best and the bat cave turntable another quality motorized toy. Munsters beside it would look nice. So here’s hoping full reveal looks better and full demo shows more motorized toys.

Yeah, a lot of people bag the Toy Maker

George is awesome though

Another true champion of pinball !

grg (resized).jpggrg (resized).jpg
#2152 5 years ago

That upper playfield just doesn’t look finished; a work in process. Ramps look to go nowhere for the most part.

#2153 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

That upper playfield just doesn’t look finished; a work in process. Ramps look to go nowhere for the most part.

that's because that is a picture of the playfield artwork.
there are no ramps on that picture, only the ramp decals (stairs & marilyn)

#2154 5 years ago

All of this talk about lack of toys and interactivity is making me smile. I think we should wait until we get a reveal of features. I wouldn’t worry.

#2155 5 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

JJP has some catching up to do.

Yeah.... no.

#2156 5 years ago

I agree. Lmao.

#2157 5 years ago

So, since there is really not much to talk about with partial pf.

I want to know the juice... Where and how do these get leaked?
intentional? testing someone? real leak?

#2158 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

All of this talk about lack of toys and interactivity is making me smile. I think we should wait until we get a reveal of features. I wouldn’t worry.

That's your cough medicine.

#2159 5 years ago

Probably pictures from Chris Franchies phone....

Quoted from Whysnow:

So, since there is really not much to talk about with partial pf.
I want to know the juice... Where and how do these get leaked?
intentional? testing someone? real leak?

#2160 5 years ago

Every time I see the new Stern table I find myself looking forward to the next generation taking things over at Stern. There's only so many variants of standard-body, pops nest, Italian bottom, no subway, minimal-mechs design before it all blurs together.

#2161 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Every time I see the new Stern table I find myself looking forward to the next generation taking things over at Stern. There's only so many variants of standard-body, pops nest, Italian bottom, no subway, minimal-mechs design before it all blurs together.

That was my initial impression looks like your typical Borg layout, which isn’t a bad thing most of my collection is made up of Borg designed games, but I would like to see him mix up his layouts a little more.

Looks like a very slightly modified GOTG, Groot moved slightly to the left and the ramps pushed over with it, grandpa scoop is the orb etc BUT this rumoured lower playfield with Dwight coding instead of Lyman/Lonnie is a new design/code combo so both of those things could really mix this layout up so I’m still pretty excited to see the Prem/LE.

Plus John knows how to make fun shooting games that make you want to keep pressing start again and again, which is the most important thing for me when buying.

#2162 5 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

JJP has some catching up to do.

JJP and Stern do not compete. JJP competes with JJP and it's pricing model at 10g per unit JJP will always be a boutique firm

#2163 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Completely agree. I was hoping Iron Maiden and Deadpool were the start of something new and different at Stern. I feel like by having Metallica and TWD I’ve got enough Borg designs in my game room. No need for Munsters.

#2164 5 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Completely agree. I was hoping Iron Maiden and Deadpool were the start of something new and different at Stern. I feel like by having Metallica and TWD I’ve got enough Borg designs in my game room. No need for Munsters.

You don't need to buy every game but should nontheless wait with judgement till we see the full game.

#2165 5 years ago

just saw this, don't know if it was posted in this thread but Premium art looks great.

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/single-post/2018/08/29/The-Munsters-Sneak-Peak

#2166 5 years ago

Anyone else see Harley Bash or Munster Davidson? How about Munsters: Back in Black, the Luci Edition? Kind of glad we went with MBrLE... At least I know what I am getting...

#2167 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

just saw this, don't know if it was posted in this thread but Premium art looks great.
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/single-post/2018/08/29/The-Munsters-Sneak-Peak

Oh wow, how did that post from August went by comepletely unnoticed?! *sarcasm*

#2168 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Oh wow, how did that post from August went by comepletely unnoticed?! *sarcasm*

Okay, so It must be somewhere in this thread LOL.......Hard to go through every page!

This game does look great, just hope they don't take years to get the code done

#2170 5 years ago

Lighten up Francis

#2171 5 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

Lighten up Francis

Lol, my favorite line from that movie...

#2172 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

My main issue with all Stern tables, is the lack of interactive toys. If I’m going to pay Sterns high asking prices, it better be more than artwork underglass. They better have worlds under glass, loaded with interactive toys like JJP. Im not trying to turn this into JJP vs Stern. JJP has upped the game for sure. An empty play field is not very pinball like and especially in the 21st century. I know the pics are low Rez and maybe the high Rez will change minds, but the PF looks rather empty and more in the vain of the Beatles table. I love the Munsters show. It’s a classic, so I really want to like this table. Will hold full judgement till complete reveal and play is shown. Stern is smart to piece meal the reveal to us.
I own Batman 66 and love the table theme integration. But it has some motorized active toys. Penguin crane is one of the all time best and the bat cave turntable another quality motorized toy. Munsters beside it would look nice. So here’s hoping full reveal looks better and full demo shows more motorized toys.

Groot eats balls in GOTG, then speaks and spits them out. Even on the Pro. Doesn't get much better than that.

#2173 5 years ago

“ Call me Francis, one more time...... and I’ll kill ya”

#2174 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yeah, a lot of people bag the Toy Maker
George is awesome though
Another true champion of pinball ![quoted image]

The only problem with this picture..... is that they don’t have Yelobird’s Atomic Pile MOD

#2175 5 years ago

I posted this in another unrelated thread, but this is where it should go...

I think The Munsters is an Addams Family knock off cash grab trying to masquerade as a Monster Bash remake killer.

That is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

#2176 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I think The Munsters is an Addams Family knock off cash grab trying to masquerade as a Monster Bash remake killer.

Sounds good to me.

I personally hate MB sounds/rules, so to me it's a big plus.

#2177 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

But even if so, I think I just might be up for an Addams Family knock off cash grab masquerading as a Monster Bash remake killer.

#2178 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

That is a good guess. CGC is taking market with its stepped up quality and remake of MBr. TAFr while unlikely due to license issues is likely a target if feasible.

Smart to attempt to cash in on that. I honestly kind of thought that Stern may even reskin TAF (despite not owning the rights, Muensters theme on top of a slightly remade TAF layout would sell gang busters)

#2179 5 years ago

Wow... ok, so this IS what the people want, so hats off to (Roy Harper) and Stern... whether TAF or MB, those be big shoes to try and fill with Munster feet.

#2180 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Wow... ok, so this IS what the people want, so hats off to (Roy Harper) and Stern... whether TAF or MB, those be big shoes to try and fill with Munster feet.

True but as we have Played those other titles for close to 20 Years it will be refreshing to play/enjoy something we haven't already played to death. Both great but been there done that!

#2181 5 years ago

Does anyone here, right now, want to wager we will be talking about The Munsters machine 20 years from now? And is it going to be as great an earner as TAF or as great an iconic title as Monster Bash was? Reserve any judgement you want, for us sticks in the mud and our affenity to those 90’s Bally/WMS, I am afraid the “depth” people keep demanding in rules is for the video junkies-turned-pinball fanatics, not us old pinheads. I like walking away from a machine knowing I killed it, I took it to it’s end and I finished it. I have done this with both TAF and MB. I am not sure I need the depth of the eight rings of hell to make a game enjoyable, and although JJP POTC is a fun shooter, I never walk away thinking I beat it.
I am not sure I am going to enjoy The Munsters because:

a) Not as edgy as The Addams Family, the cartoon, the TV show, or the movie.

b) Source material is too shallow... Herman was an idiot, Lily played the annoyed housewife too often, and Grandpa was who we really watched the show for, not Marilyn, or Eddie.

c) No Thing. And lets face it, thats what everyone liked about TAF machine.

#2182 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

You have not even seen a fully populated playfield yet. All you have seen is bare artwork and the bottom half of a pro model...you are a bit premature here, hoss.

#2183 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Everyone is entitled to one.....

I disagree, however.....my opinion, and I'm sticking to that one....

#2184 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I am afraid the “depth” people keep demanding in rules is for the video junkies-turned-pinball fanatics, not us old pinheads. I like walking away from a machine knowing I killed it, I took it to it’s end and I finished it.

I will never understand why people think deeper = better

#2185 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Does anyone here, right now, want to wager we will be talking about The Munsters machine 20 years from now?

I will be happy if im still alive 20 yrs from now and not shiting in my pants.

#2186 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

You have not even seen a fully populated playfield yet. All you have seen is bare artwork and the bottom half of a pro model...you are a bit premature here, hoss.

Do I need to see it fully populated and playing? No, I can tell you from what I have seen from Stern lately, this title is a pass for me. This will be chocked full of nostalgia and be family friendly and not my cup of tea. Give me classic pinball camp and humor in MB, the edgyness of The Addams Family franchise, and cool toys like Thing. A Herman head bash toy and staircase ramp diverter are not going to cut the mustard... they might surprise me with some neat toys, but I have never held my breath waiting for neat toys from Stern.

#2187 5 years ago

Can someone please give me my opinion on the game I haven't seen or played yet, I'm really struggling forming it.

#2188 5 years ago

Like some people say, you don’t need to drive a Ford to know it’s a piece of crap... a turd can be a turd before it leaves your asshole... just saying.

#2189 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I will never understand why people think deeper = better

It took me a long time in this hobby to realize that this is not necessarily the case.

#2190 5 years ago

If Guardians was just the offspring of Metallica and Iron Man, this layout is just the offspring of Guardians, Metallica and a small hint of Walking Dead? Not knocking it (especially before any info on code or even official photos come out) but there is no surprise or "shock and awe" in this layout at first glance.

#2191 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It took me a long time in this hobby to realize that this is not necessarily the case.

Which is why we still play all those shallow rulesets from the past... hello Mcfly... think Mcfly... we had fun playing those titles 20 years ago, so why all of a sudden do they suck so much that these fru fru johnny come lately types can’t “get it out of my gameroom” fast enough?!?

#2192 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Does anyone here, right now, want to wager we will be talking about The Munsters machine 20 years from now? And is it going to be as great an earner as TAF or as great an iconic title as Monster Bash was?

A wager on What? That ANY game today will earn what those did 20 years ago, seriously?? A new game today could crap out silver dollars and still not generate what most Any title did back then. Exactly how many arcades do you have in your neighborhood today compared to 20 years ago. Goofy wager.

Quoted from Bublehead:

Do I need to see it fully populated and playing? No, I can tell you from what I have seen from Stern lately, this title is a pass for me. This will be chocked full of nostalgia and be family friendly and not my cup of tea. Give me classic pinball camp and humor in MB, the edgyness of The Addams Family franchise, and cool toys like Thing. A Herman head bash toy and staircase ramp diverter are not going to cut the mustard... they might surprise me with some neat toys, but I have never held my breath waiting for neat toys from Stern.

How do you know So much when provided so Little? Yes sticking with a game from 20 years ago is a comfortable decision as you already Know Everything it has/does but judging a game you have made clear you have no interest in based on a few crap cell phone images seems silly and of little judgement value.

#2193 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

You're comments on edginess are unfounded. Many of the newer Sterns are much more "edgy" than TAF for sure - Met, TWD, AS, GB. They could do something cool with the Spot lift ramp, and definitely with the lower playfield. You're later turd comment shows you're just trolling now.

#2194 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

This will be chocked full of nostalgia and be family friendly and not my cup of tea.

OK, but you didn't need to see a playfield reveal to make this call -- you don't see the appeal of the Munsters, which was a cheesy rip-off of the Addams Family, and fair enough. Then again this thread is full of fans of the franchise, so I see no reason to doubt Stern's business sense in picking this license.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to playing it on location. Stern is on a roll putting out new games that are super fun to play, no reason to think this one will be a departure.

#2195 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

How so? Munsters is a two flipper fan layout game from what we can see and TAF has four flippers...Munsters will be vastly more similar to the other two flipper fans from Borg than any four flipper title from Pat.

#2196 5 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

There really should be a giant third flipper. A Bat.

It's been done: King Kong. Even back then, I thought it was a lame gimmick - didn't work well at all.

#2197 5 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

you have no idea until you see the premium

#2198 5 years ago

A big question is whether it will have the show voices. It will be really bad if it doesn't.

#2199 5 years ago

I would imagine Stern got all episodes and voices with the license, just like BM66.

Quoted from Lermods:

A big question is whether it will have the show voices. It will be really bad if it doesn't.

#2200 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

of little judgement value.

Maybe to you, what I see is just another Stern nostalgic cash grab that I want no part in. And goofy wager or not, you didn't take me up on it, and my wager was will we be talking about this pin the same way as we talk about TAF 25+ years on. I figure we wont be talking about it much at all come 3 years from now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/44?hl=benlogan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.