(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 164.
#1951 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Anyone who's a Munsters fan want to speculate what the soundtrack might be like for those of us who are ignorant Munsters plebes?

The main Munsters TV theme song is a perfect fit, imho, for intro, lower background, and ending portion of gameplay......campy as hell, like BM66. Definitely excited for this one.....

#1952 5 years ago

My bad.......

Quoted from Bud:

Read the thread, this pertains to the possibility of WiFi on the MUNSTERS, is this thread not about speculation of this new pin? There is only 39 pages on this thread with no new news, what other things would you like to speculate?

#1953 5 years ago
Quoted from haunted1:

Can’t wait to see playfield pictures. Really trying to put money away for this one.

You need to book more tattoo work

#1954 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

My bad.......

Funny, you seem like a good dude, I’d have a beer with you

#1955 5 years ago

C’mon over.... I have a whole warehouse full! We’ll talk IU basketball. I graduated from there and my dad was from Decatur. I’m a Hoosier trough and through.

#1956 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Show Stern the monies and watch how suddenly they'll care.

Bingo. However, I don't want them updating just be updating because now they feel obligated. The updates have to make the game better, not just filler crap.

#1957 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The main Munsters TV theme song is a perfect fit, imho, for intro, lower background, and ending portion of gameplay......campy as hell, like BM66. Definitely excited for this one.....

Yeh I agree, this has to be in there somewhere:

#1958 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

BAMM!!!...can't get it out of my head lately....

#1959 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

never really watched this show but hello Pat Priest how u doing? Lovely

#1960 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I dig that theme, just a question of if they can come up with more tracks that fit.

#1961 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I dig that theme, just a question of if they can come up with more tracks that fit.

exactly....plenty of voice assets (if they get them)...just bought the 3 season set on DVD...think I'll have to listen some of the other tracks...

#1962 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

never really watched this show but hello Pat Priest how u doing? Lovely

Pat Priest's mother, Ivy Baker Priest, was the United States Treasurer under the Dwight D. Eisenhower administration from 1953-1961.

Like all treasurers her signature was printed on U.S. currency at the time.

#1963 5 years ago

You are absolutely correct on her mother being a U.S. Treasurer. Nice fact. Good one.

#1964 5 years ago

I saw 150 posts today and thought....maybe some playfield leaked pics.....

#1965 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pretty clear that the Sharpe connection for Raw Thrills and Stern is real.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91VoYZMDoiL._SX425_.jpg

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#1966 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I saw 150 posts today and thought....maybe some playfield leaked pics.....

Soon - counting the days down....

#1967 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

So many cool things a properly web enabled pin could do!
1) Inform when you coin box is full enough to warrant a visit = save time & gas.
2) If set to "public" could publish its location to an Stern app to help people find games on location.
3) Remote updating! Question, do you drive to your data center or just use PuTTY?
4) Earnings heat maps to determine best locations to route games (ok that's the kind of data Stern would want to sell not give away)
One concern might be "easier updates will allow Stern to release even less finished games!" That's irrelevant considering pins are already released (by all companies) less finished than any other industry would allow.

Help me understand- how are these good for the home market? If Stern works on these things the costs will get spread across home market- great we are not far away from a $10k LE priced pins.

For home market, Enable WiFi so their tech support can help with real-time troubleshooting, occasionally code (cuz code updates don’t happen very often), online playing, pinball league features would be good.

FYI, if I were an operator, I would not want my sales data (# plays, earnings, etc) sent to Stern. This is like sharing your company financials or your W2’s.

#1968 5 years ago

Few more days/hours of posting and then reveal of Munsters!!

#1969 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Man, do I hope you're right!!!

#1970 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I am thinking about the Munsters reveal. In the past, rushed and early reveals by every manufacturer have been met with a poor response and the general consensus is that it is better for everyone involved to wait and see the game when it is done, code is complete and it is almost ready to ship.

So if you had the power to decide. Would you rather see leaked low res pics and game play video of game with .50 code now or wait one month and have high res pics and game play video of game with .90 code?

#1971 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Spoke with a distributor and he said delayed sadly. Best guess is jan now

#1972 5 years ago

Ok, so I have to ask.

Why does Stern get caught up in Primus or even Beatles pinballs and distract from there cornerstone releases (sounds like delays now for Munsters).

I do understand that Stern is making money off of these machines- but if they could sell 3,000 or maybe more Munsters pinball machines I would think the upside is higher. (Sure higher than Primus).

Instead they pull resources away from cornerstone games (or don’t staff them right to begin with).

Big Stern fan - just frustrating. Agree with Jeff PP above, don’t release poor quality or unfinished code that would be worse.

How about this, delay Primus or Beatles a month instead!

#1973 5 years ago

January?...... damn!

#1974 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Ok, so I have to ask.
Why does Stern get caught up in Primus or even Beatles pinballs and distract from there cornerstone releases (sounds like delays now for Munsters).
I do understand that Stern is making money off of these machines- but if they could sell 3,000 or maybe more Munsters pinball machines I would think the upside is higher. (Sure higher than Primus).
Instead they pull resources away from cornerstone games (or don’t staff them right to begin with).
Big Stern fan - just frustrating. Agree with above, don’t release poor quality or unfinished code that would be worse).

Knowing if they announced it tomorrow, we still wouldn't see games until January anyway (only 5 weeks away), I'm still optimistic to hear something official soon. Surely, they want to lock down a chunk of Christmas cash.....

#1975 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I am thinking about the Munsters reveal. In the past, rushed and early reveals by every manufacturer have been met with a poor response and the general consensus is that it is better for everyone involved to wait and see the game when it is done, code is complete and it is almost ready to ship.
So if you had the power to decide. Would you rather see leaked low res pics and game play video of game with .50 code now or wait one month and have high res pics and game play video of game with .90 code?

We are happy to buy and receive the games with early code. That gives us the opportunity to email Stern and contribute to the code being completed. Cherry Bomb multiball on GOTG is a great example of this. This was never in the original code or planned code.

It is also nice to see the game progress (code wise) as time goes on. MET is a great example of this and so is BM66.

Some people get hung up on code and I cannot see the point. If you do not like a game for whatever reason, sell it or stop playing it. Spare us good people all the complaining! Life is too short.

#1976 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Ok, so I have to ask.
Big Stern fan - just frustrating. Agree with above, don’t release poor quality or unfinished code that would be worse.
How about this, delay Primus or Beatles a month instead!

All hear say! How do these people know when the machine will be announced? There is still plenty of time for an announcement before the end of the year.

#1977 5 years ago

Perhaps Stern are starting to wise up and realize poor reveals and rushing games out the door is always greeted by pinheads with negativity.
I think the team are really trying to get this game right.
The Munsters is not a game I would want to see a rush job on.
Im sure JB and the team want to blow everyone away.

The Munsters intro is a must
I am excited to hear what the audio team come up with.

Herman in action

#1978 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

January?...... damn!

Oh man...Jan, Feb, March...
I say, take your time....we want a playable game and not a code update next Nov.
Patience guys, TPF will be here quick enough, go play your other games for awhile.

#1979 5 years ago

It was finally announced the Munsters Pin will come out in the month of Never

#1980 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Ok, so I have to ask.

Primus and Beatles are contract jobs. Every one of those machines is presold on Stern's end. They have a formula for what those machines cost, and the profit is a slam dunk for them. Stern is stupid to NOT offer these contract jobs when they are already presold to the group they are contracted to. I know its hard to believe, but some whiner on Pinside is NOT their target market...ever.

Have you seen how big the Stern design team is lately? Take a look at the Deadpool gameplay release video they did. The staff numbers are much higher than I once thought, and that is a big salary machine they need to keep feeding.

#1981 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Primus and Beatles are contract jobs. Every one of those machines is presold on Stern's end.

that is factually incorrect. Primus was, Beatles was not. 2 very different models.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Surely, they want to lock down a chunk of Christmas cash.....

That was my thought, but when asked I was told Beatles is not selling well. Sounds like they are hoping more impatient buyers will take home that 8k gold from Distributors 10-packs before offering the next PRO model with Muensters. Strategy may pay off? Seems to me that all the hype is completely gone from us pinheads for Beatles and that game was not made for us.

I too am anxiously awaiting Muensters. I am not a big theme guy, but this is one I actually like (grew up watching with my father and like campy horror).

#1982 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That was my thought, but when asked I was told Beatles is not selling well. Sounds like they are hoping more impatient buyers will take home that 8k gold from Distributors 10-packs before offering the next PRO model with Muensters.

That could be the curve ball. Otherwise it sure was sounding we'd see something around next week or so....

Beatles is not selling well. One of my distros said he had zero interest in Beatles from buyers - not one single inquiry. So that could be the wrench in the works if there is one. I hope the lack of Beatles sales isn't causing one more delay on Munsters.

From what I have heard - still optimistic for announcement on Munsters soon

#1983 5 years ago

Just show us the cabs and playfields without gameplay video. I would think those items would be locked in by now.

#1984 5 years ago

Production Photos were shot back around the 1st of the month or so. Can be anytime they decide to roll. It is just timing and the line.

#1985 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That was my thought, but when asked I was told Beatles is not selling well.

Fortunately we can at least see how Beatles store is doing with them, and after the first case sold, they've sold zero. For about 3 weeks.

Hopefully this is the death of the action figure case rarity model.

#1986 5 years ago

So I posed the question on Stern's facebook page ...too funny!!!

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10156988061229244?comment_id=10156989933749244

#1987 5 years ago
BCF46D7D-5068-4C09-85F6-9CF95F77BE42.gifBCF46D7D-5068-4C09-85F6-9CF95F77BE42.gif
Here was Stern’s answer for those who do not wish to visit Facebook.

#1988 5 years ago

They will probably delete it.

#1989 5 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

They will probably delete it.

I actually responded that I loved my BM66, but was suspicious of his answer...

(the second part is not staying on the post....)

(wait..that's not Batman...it's a robot!!)

#1990 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I actually responded that I loved my BM66, but was suspicious of his answer...
(the second part is not staying on the post....)
(wait..that's not Batman...it's a robot!!)

I guess this confirms that Munsters is going to be a BM66 re-skin.

#1991 5 years ago

That was an impostor !!! Batman would not lie (I don't think)....

#1992 5 years ago

One of my favorite artists Michael Godard did a Munsters painting, really out of his normal element but figured it needed to be in this thread.(If it wasn't already)
14074 (resized).jpg14074 (resized).jpg

#1993 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

One of my favorite artists Michael Godard did a Munsters painting, really out of his normal element but figured it needed to be in this thread.(If it wasn't already)
[quoted image]

Cool pic. Is that the main toy Stern plans to use - a Herman bobblehead?

#1994 5 years ago

I’m confused

When is Munsters gonna happen?

#1995 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Oh man...Jan, Feb, March...
I say, take your time....we want a playable game and not a code update next Nov.
Patience guys, TPF will be here quick enough, go play your other games for awhile.

Not when you want the game to be your own Christmas present...
TO:.....ME .... got it?

#1996 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I’m confused

Sometime between Never and Never

#1997 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I’m confused

Much sooner than your bank account wants it to! Your savings account is going to be a lot lighter very soon!

#1998 5 years ago

December would be best as most people’s pocketbooks are worn out and recovering in January and February.

#1999 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I dig it....here is one of my faves from a few years back..."The Lily" by Isabel Samaras

The lily (resized).jpgThe lily (resized).jpg
#2000 5 years ago

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG3 (resized).JPG3 (resized).JPG4 (resized).JPG4 (resized).JPG5 (resized).JPG5 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/40?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.