(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 164.
#151 5 years ago

And Shaker timed with each stomp....I like it!

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Here's a couple photos taken 1966 at Universal Studios. One is the "house" (just a facade). The other is the set of Grandpa's lab with a dummy Herman on the table! That's me in the foreground at 6 years old! My favorite show at the time. Would I be interested in a Munsters pin? Hmmmmm we'll see. Regardless, Universal Studios has sure changed a LOT over the last 50+ years, but I still enjoy it and still remember this trip!

Amazing pics! Thank you for sharing.

I used to watch the show with my beloved grandmother. I will probably buy my Pinball in her honor... off course if that’s a good game, and if indeed will be made.

#153 5 years ago

Munsters is a bit of a niche theme here. I have nothing with that show. Give me the muppets instead.

#154 5 years ago

I always preferred the Munsters over Addams Family when I was a kid. It had better characters and writing.

#155 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I always preferred the Munsters over Addams Family when I was a kid. It had better characters and writing.

I respectfully disagree. While I am a fan of the Munsters, I always felt the humor was written more for children, where the Addams had more of an adult comedy feel with some sexual overtones.

#156 5 years ago

I was 4, in 1964 when they both came out.
Munsters was more my age.
Thing scared me after watching Peter Lorre in the Beast with Five Fingers, that same year.
I didnt understand the nuances of The addams family at that age, and saw it later in reruns,

But in 1964...Boris Karloff, Monster Models to build, the Munsters was an interesting mix at that age.

#157 5 years ago

I wasn’t born in 1964, my first exposure to all the great shows from the 60s 70s and 80s wasnt until the 90s but I loved watching all these shows with my dad, it was one of the reasons I got a BM66.

Even though I’m one of the younger pinheads I would still be interested in a Munsters pin especially with Lyman on code, it would look great next to my BM66, but it needs to have a lifting staircase/ramp that’s my one must, it’s the first thing I think of from the show.

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

it needs to have a lifting staircase

You know it will!!

#159 5 years ago

I just think The Munsters would make a better pinball machine. Lots of cool stuff. Spot the Dragon could come out from under the staircase (ramp), etc. Someone told me that Spot was the T-Rex from the film, The Land Unknown. Now I have to check it out....

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I just think The Munsters would make a better pinball machine. Lots of cool stuff. Spot the Dragon could come out from under the staircase (ramp), etc. Someone told me that Spot was the T-Rex from the film, The Land Unknown. Now I have to check it out....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/enchantedamerica.wordpress.com/2014/11/12/spot-the-dragon-mockingbird-heights-usa/amp/?source=images

#161 5 years ago

Maybe they'll reuse Gene's head as Herman's but the balls shoot out his ears for MB

#163 5 years ago

Here is the dino from Land Unknown. And a shot of Spot. Some of it looks the same especially the teeth.

fictional-locations-mockingbird-heights-munsters-spot-dragon-stairs (resized).jpgfictional-locations-mockingbird-heights-munsters-spot-dragon-stairs (resized).jpglu (resized).jpglu (resized).jpg
#164 5 years ago

That dragon in the stairs is to easy to picture as a pinball ramp toy! (LE only

#165 5 years ago

Probably be something like TWD and Bicycle girl on the LE.

It's Borg and he's been known to rehash! Love to see something cool and inventive.

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Even though I'm more in the Addams' camp when it comes to my preferred show, I also think there's more to work with in a pin with the Munsters theme. Plus their family car was way cooler and would look great on a playfield.

#167 5 years ago

Id love to see more 3D printed toys, especially on this like the Barris Car.
One could print with all the gears, motion and action as one piece...more affordable today than molded, assembled parts,
and perhaps we can see more animation in the physical sense, with some more printed manufacturing.

#168 5 years ago

It will have all the toys currently available online

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It will have all the toys currently available online

Hot Wheels sized 1/64 Munster Koach does exist.

koach (resized).jpgkoach (resized).jpg
#170 5 years ago

Would be great if the under the stairs dragon would actually blow flame out its nose. The Pinball Amigos could pull it off...cmon Stern!

#171 5 years ago

Flames,lol! You might get red LEDs flashing, but flames, um....no. Borgs a creative guy, I'm sure we'll see something cool!

Quoted from swillie:

Would be great if the under the stairs dragon would actually blow flame out its nose. The Pinball Amigos could pull it off...cmon Stern!

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Hot Wheels sized 1/64 Munster Koach does exist.

So does Grandpa Munster's Drag-U-La, which was also very cool. Rob Zombie would probably agree.

Dragula (resized).jpgDragula (resized).jpg
#174 5 years ago

They can use the dragstrip toy from W/B's Corvette pinball machine, LOL.

#175 5 years ago

Barris was known for his Cars, and performance on the Gong Show!

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Flames,lol! You might get red LEDs flashing, but flames, um....no. Borgs a creative guy, I'm sure we'll see something cool!

Flames are easy! Ever see those lamps with the flames? Just LED's, a fan and red and yellow material. Looks great!!

#177 5 years ago

Yep, I get it, but its not practical in a pinball machine. I hope we see something clever.

Quoted from spfxted:

Flames are easy! Ever see those lamps with the flames? Just LED's, a fan and red and yellow material. Looks great!!

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Barris was known for his Cars, and performance on the Gong Show!

Chuck Barris was the TV show producer and Gong Show host.

George Barris did all the cool TV show cars like the Bat-mobile and Munsters, to name a few.

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Chuck Barris was the TV show producer and Gong Show host.

In addition to game show producer and host, Chuck Barris also claimed he was a CIA assassin.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/news/was-chuck-barris-a-cia-assassin-a-possibility-dangerous-mind-producer-says-988485

#180 5 years ago

12.30 am and leaving the office.. Was a truely spectacular day with a lot going on behind the scenes...
Stay tuned!

20170504_105100 (resized).jpg20170504_105100 (resized).jpg

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

12.30 am and leaving the office.. Was a truely spectacular day with a lot going on behind the scenes...
Stay tuned!

Way to cryptic...its late, spill the beans.
Me wants Monsters!

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Stay tuned!

Where's your Stern outpost, the Arctic? That's awfully bright for 12:30am...

And, how bad is the ant problem there? Gary too cheap to get it sprayed every 60 days so you don't need traps everywhere?

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Where's your Stern outpost, the Arctic? That's awfully bright for 12:30am...
And, how bad is the ant problem there? Gary too cheap to get it sprayed every 60 days so you don't need traps everywhere?

And that view! Inspiration.

#184 5 years ago

At least tell us if it will be a fourth quarter launch....?

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Supposed to be. But wonder how late as Deadpool needs to be released first. It has been pretty quiet on Deadpool so far.

After Deadpool it's the Munsters.

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Joe K said their title with Stern will be oct/nov (Expo...). Seems pretty obvious to me that Munsters aligns with Ka-Pow's business... so put those two things together.

#187 5 years ago

Munsters isn't supposed to a Ka-pow title from what information is out there. It is Borg's next game.

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Munsters isn't supposed to a Ka-pow title. All Borg.

And Christopher Franchi on the artwork.

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Joe K said their title with Stern will be oct/nov (Expo...). Seems pretty obvious to me that Munsters aligns with Ka-Pow's business... so put those two things together.

Supposedly, the Ka-Pow game sounds like it will be the Beatles.

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Munsters isn't supposed to a Ka-pow title from what information is out there. It is Borg's next game.

Kapow doesnt design the games either way. Its a partnership that is more about securing resources and marketing.

For instance... pooling assets

#191 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Kapow doesnt design the games either way. Its a partnership that is more about securing resources and marketing.
For instance... pooling assets

Sure - gottcha. I don't believe though that the Munsters title is part of any Kapow deal.

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Sure - gottcha. I don't believe though that the Munsters title is part of any Kapow deal.

From what ive heard, it is not a Kapow game.

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

From what ive heard, it is not a Kapow game.

That is what my information indicates too.

#194 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Supposedly, the Ka-Pow game sounds like it will be the Beatles.

It’s gotto be right? I mean Munsters is cool and all but no way the licensing costs more than Beatles!

Beatles licensing is notoriously expensive, so Stern are surely going to utilise the SLE model to bump up that profit margin, in their position with these 2 licences who wouldn’t!?

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Stay tuned!

Sure it will be an epic fail like 90% of the other titles.

#196 5 years ago
6AB29B6B-206A-4A7B-B5C4-A5FF3B84F17E (resized).jpeg6AB29B6B-206A-4A7B-B5C4-A5FF3B84F17E (resized).jpeg
#197 5 years ago

I'm all in on Munsters, I think it will be a great theme just like TAF. But frankly I'm surprised they aren't going with something far more current and popular like Stranger Things...now there's a theme that's just begging for a pinball machine and it's one of the hottest properties in Hollywood.

Regardless I'll be picking up Elvira AND Munsters, Stern is going to get a bunch of money from me, damn them!

#198 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

I'm all in on Munsters, I think it will be a great theme just like TAF. But frankly I'm surprised they aren't going with something far more current and popular like Stranger Things...now there's a theme that's just begging for a pinball machine and it's one of the hottest properties in Hollywood.
Regardless I'll be picking up Elvira AND Munsters, Stern is going to get a bunch of money from me, damn them!

Same here! I also want IMDN too, im going to have to get a second job!

#199 5 years ago

Munsters and Elvira for me also !

3 weeks later
#200 5 years ago

We need some more Munsters hype! Anybody heard any rumors lately?

08AE04CE-FFF5-43FA-8822-9001A0A851E8 (resized).jpeg08AE04CE-FFF5-43FA-8822-9001A0A851E8 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Mishawaka, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
5,499 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.