(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 164.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Id love to see the game done in all Black and white!
Then during specific modes, add the green for their faces.....
Red of course too. Eyes, Spots eyes, Car, Wolfy.
Even use EL Panel Art for the faces to color, as you collect the family.
Except Marilyn.....whos always in color! ? !?

... but which Marilyn though? Beverley Owen or Pat Priest?

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

It's Borges next and 3 flipper is the current rumor.

Ala Tron...

Quoted from fuseholder:

It would be cool for a staircase/ramp that lifts and you shoot into maybe the pet spot, like the snake in Metallica.

Or like Iron Maiden and replace the middle ramp with a staircase. Can't wait to hear that ROAR when you hit that shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Really hoping this is the next Stern!

Its not the next game unfortunately. Deadpool is supposedly next.

#105 5 years ago

Don't forget about a "phone booth coffin" toy as well.

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

The other question mark is 'would it be in color or Black and White'?

Like Centaur, that's a great idea.
-Mike

#107 5 years ago

Hopefully no Herman on a spring bash toy.

#108 5 years ago

Wrong guy on the second link Lloyd. That guy would have been about thirty years old when the Munsters pilot was filmed.

#109 5 years ago

Double post.

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Wrong guy on the second link Lloyd. That guy would have been about thirty years old when the Munsters pilot was filmed.

I don't doubt you. They come up as the same person quite often.

Maybe to obscure to keep them apart ?

LTG : )

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't doubt you. They come up as the same person quite often.
Maybe to obscure to keep them apart ?
LTG : )

To confuse things even more, a couple of sites list his real name as Nate Derman.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2073277/

#112 5 years ago

Definitely a Munsters Pinball should be in black & white... and everything in it.

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Awesome theme, no brainer. It's Borg and hopefully his TWD sidekick Lyman on code. My biggest fear and probably a no go would be Lonnie on the code.

People here have criticized Lonnie for code, but the most recent TWD update came out more than 3 years after the machine was released...

Either way, it's a theme that longs for JJP... Stern will just screw it up.

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

People here have criticized Lonnie for code, but the most recent TWD update came out more than 3 years after the machine was released...

1. What does that have to do with Lonnie?
2. The code that "made it great/saved it" I believe came out 1 year after release...which seems standard for him.

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

2. The code that "made it great/saved it" I believe came out 1 year after release...which seems standard for him.

Point being that it's not fair to bash Lonnie when Lyman is still making substantial changes to code 3 years after a game was released.

Frankly, Stern shouldn't be releasing *any* game with incomplete code. Code updates should be reserved for bugs, not features.

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Either way, it's a theme that longs for JJP... Stern will just screw it up.

Go buy a JJP game then and leave this thread to people who like Stern Pinball and The Munsters please.

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Point being that it's not fair to bash Lonnie when Lyman is still making substantial changes to code 3 years after a game was released.
Frankly, Stern shouldn't be releasing *any* game with incomplete code. Code updates should be reserved for bugs, not features.

Dont feed the Trolls guys for real because its just going to derail this thread.

#118 5 years ago

So if this is Borgs new game, could it possibly be the EXPO reveal?

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Dont feed the Trolls guys for real because its just going to derail this thread.

So it's trolling to state that games should be released with completed code? Got it. Enjoy your Kool Aid... you've been conditioned to find it acceptable no matter how bad it tastes.

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

So it's trolling to state that games should be released with completed code? Got it. Enjoy your Kool Aid... you've been conditioned to find it acceptable no matter how bad it tastes.

Some of us happen to like games that come out with incomplete code. It is like tasting a fine red wine before it matures. If you do not like the wine, spit it out and try another one. Complaining will not make the wine taste any better! All the games get finished eventually. Avengers was a Lonnie game and the final code for it did not come out for 3 years either.

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Definitely a Munsters Pinball should be in black & white... and everything in it.

This is tough for me big time. I dont think i really want a all black and white pinball machine for sure, but i also cant imagine The Munsters being anything other than black and white. Whatever it is, i can't wait to see it. I am so excited about this games possibilities!

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Lyman's code ultimately made TWD awesome, but he as a track record of super-polishing code over time, while Lonnie has a reputation for mediocre "good enough" software that doesn't get much (any, sometimes) attention from him after release.

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

You KNOW they will use the wrong Marilyn. Beverly vs Pat Priest.

Beverley Owen's was only on like 10 or so episodes. So I think they would use Pat Priest, back in the day "wow" but
not a TPF looker anymore, but as we age, who is?

#124 5 years ago

They could use both from the series, they look similar and quick clips nobody would know the difference.

Quoted from wdpvideo:

Beverley Owen's was only on like 10 or so episodes. So I think they would use Pat Priest, back in the day "wow" but

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

I think this beauty has aged well, along with good surgeons!
77 year old Grandma! Pic from this year.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#126 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

How many monster shows were there? I can’t tell Munsters apart from Addams Family so I hope they’re the same game.

thats what i was thinking,its like TAF part 2

#127 5 years ago

The Munsters series had a better vibe IMO .... funny/ goofy as opposed to TAF that was a little bizarre and dark.

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

The Munsters series had a better vibe IMO .... funny/ goofy as opposed to TAF that was a little bizarre and dark.

Even though I was super young when I was first introduced to both of these shows on re-runs I have revisited them during my teenage and adult years, the shows being different is what made them both so unique and ultimately made for great viewing.

Too many shows these days are the same and simply re-skinned or remade, from the shows my dad showed me from the 60s and 70s they even the ones that where similar had very different feels, love them both!

#129 5 years ago

Hmm?

#131 5 years ago

I watched the Hell out of this show as a kid. Not sure I'd buy a pin, but if the layout is cool and heavy on toys I might consider it.
Great music and great humor. 2 things very important to pinball.
Even if people didn't know the theme, they could look at it as an unlicensed theme! LOL Who doesn't like haunted house/campy horror?

#132 5 years ago

I was waiting/hoping someone would post that pic of Ms De Carlo. She was a hottie for sure.

And remember, yes, the series was in B&W, but the 1966 film was in color. I don't think a B&W pin would work for me.

#133 5 years ago

Yawn...Zero interest in this theme. The show hasn't been in syndication since the 80's; no one under the age of 30 knows what the Munsters are...Is there a new movie or re-branded show coming out?

#134 5 years ago

Perhaps the video clips from the show might be just the right amount of B/W the game needs

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Yawn...Zero interest in this theme. The show hasn't been in syndication since the 80's; no one under the age of 30 knows what the Munsters are...Is there a new movie or re-branded show coming out?

Most people under 30 can’t/won’t buy a pinball machine. Get it?

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

If you have no interest in this theme then why on earth are you here?

#137 5 years ago

Good fake photo shop pic

#138 5 years ago

Still a beautiful Lady, and talented actress!
123 credits!

#139 5 years ago

Looks a lot like the Attack From Mars pose !

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Quoted from iceman44:

Most people under 30 can’t/won’t buy a pinball machine. Get it?

Hey what is it, pick on the young pinheads today?

#141 5 years ago

Yeah it's a photoshop job, but probably not far off the truth.

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Good fake photo shop pic

Quoted from scottslash:

Yeah it's a photoshop job, but probably not far off the truth.

Yup, probably photoshopped but still looks killer.......

#143 5 years ago

If they don’t incorporate the Munster Coach car as a working toy somehow, it will be the single most purchased mod for that game. AND it should be very high quality as it really is the signature thing that ID’s that show. They could also place the mansion on the game ala MMadness. Fun to come up with all of these ideas. They need all of us as consultants!

#144 5 years ago
#145 5 years ago

Here's a couple photos taken 1966 at Universal Studios. One is the "house" (just a facade). The other is the set of Grandpa's lab with a dummy Herman on the table! That's me in the foreground at 6 years old! My favorite show at the time. Would I be interested in a Munsters pin? Hmmmmm we'll see. Regardless, Universal Studios has sure changed a LOT over the last 50+ years, but I still enjoy it and still remember this trip!

MunstersHouse (resized).jpgMunstersHouse (resized).jpgMunstersLab (resized).jpgMunstersLab (resized).jpg
#146 5 years ago

Munsters was a TAF later spinoff! George Barrett did the munster Mobile,I think! saw it at the Oakland custom Car show!I'm with the iceman44,Beatles for me! My new Houdini will keep me happy till then

#147 5 years ago

Gee,that photo looks just like the "chamber of horrors" at madam Tousades wax museum on the warf in San Fransisco:)mmmmm

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Munsters was a TAF later spinoff!

Uh, sorry. Both aired their first episode in September of 1964. Just days apart even. Both had their place & appeal.

#149 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Gee,that photo looks just like the "chamber of horrors" at madam Tousades wax museum on the warf in San Fransisco

Hm indeed. Made me pause... I mean, I was only 6! BUT I don't remember going to the wax museum (unlike all the other locations we visited), and we have NO photos from the wax museum at all.

#150 5 years ago

just thinking of cool mode, how about Herman is mad and as he stomps up and down like he did a lot on the show while having a fit, there is a shaker motor and magnets that send the ball in different directions, maybe a multi-ball mode?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/3?hl=jsampel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.