(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 164.
#1901 5 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

I would also hope that this WiFi ability wouldn’t lead to paid monthly subscriptions that are mandatory for a pin to operate. This would also mean one would have to purchase internet and incur another operating expense on top of all the other expenses and splits associated with operating pins.
I use to operate TouchTunes and TouchTunes would automatically take a 22% cut of the earnings. In addition, I was only allotted a small amount of service credits (10 a month I think) before I was charged a heavy fee for anything over my allotment. TouchTunes also phases out their equipment where an operator can no longer run that particular equipment and it forces the operator to buy new equipment. I no longer operate TouchTunes.
I surely hope pinball manufacturers do not follow TouchTunes lead on this practice.

keep in mind that there is now the Raw thrills mentality at Stern...

#1902 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

keep in mind that there is now the Raw thrills mentality at Stern...

Time for you to prove some of these lies you keep spouting.

#1903 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

IFPA works with Stern and in fact has partnered IFPA events with BBH competitions.
IFPA = Josh Sharpe, whom is a Raw Thrills employee.
Stern employee = Zach Sharpe
Stern consultant, license guru = Rodger Shapre.

Pretty clear that the Sharpe connection for Raw Thrills and Stern is real.

In case you had not realized, they were both using an identical contractor for some parts/ build out (not sure if still the case/ FUN is still making pfs?)

Time for you to look silly yet again

#1904 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Online gaming/competition is literally part of this society's DNA for having fun

Play a game without the glass installed and in a few minutes your #1 in the country! Top that. Seriously

#1905 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Play a game without the glass installed and in a few minutes your #1 in the country! Top that. Seriously

That's really going to help you when you play a real tourney.

Everyone's fear of online connected pinball is silly. There are tons of options to push pinball forward and add interesting features.

Quoted from JodyG:

Good luck with that.

#1906 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

That's really going to help you when you play a real tourney.

You can't realistically compete in pinball unless you play the same machines or switch playing 2 (or N really) machines.

Kinda the reason NFL teams switch ends during the game.

Thought everyone knew that. And if you're just playing the same machine why not just post the results yourself rather than have some machine do it?

#1907 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

You can't realistically compete in pinball unless you play the same machines or switch playing 2 (or N really) machines.
Kinda the reason NFL teams switch ends during the game.
Thought everyone knew that. And if you're just playing the same machine why not just post the results yourself rather than have some machine do it?

Who said there would be formal competitions online? You do realize there are tons of other options right? This is not going to change how pinball tourneys use the same game at the same location.

#1908 5 years ago

I'm just here to read Munsters info.

#1909 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

I have a Sharkeys shootout at my house, it has a switch connected at the top of the channel where the glass slides so you cant remove the glass while playing, except its so easy to jump it out anyone could do it, I already removed it cause there tournament mode never got off the ground back then.

#1910 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

it is a shame they would waste any amount of time on a technology their customer base is not asking for and likely wont even want.
I know for certain, i dont want a pinball machine connected to the internet (neither personal nor especially on route).
Stern wont be getting free access to any of my data.
I am not sure why they think this is a feature that is needed???
Pinheads can do updates pretty easy. Non-pinheads and crap operators are never going to update from whatever a game ships with anyway.

LOL when Jack does something it's innovation when Gary does something it's a waste of time what a joke

#1911 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

IFPA works with Stern and in fact has partnered IFPA events with BBH competitions.
In case you had not realized, they were both using an identical contractor for some parts/ build out (not sure if still the case/ FUN is still making pfs?)

Written like a true conspiracy theorist. Does your doctor know you are off your meds again?

#1912 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

auto updating games on route to cause them to be bricked, inadvertently defaulting to free play, taking your data dumps and using it how they see fit, etc...
no thanks
and for the benefit of playing physically different games online against strangers? no thanks. That sounds silly and not what pinball is about (i.e. a real social experience for us nerds to get out of the house and interact)
what is the real supposed benefit of this tech?

OMG Whysnow you are so in the past pinball may not seem it when on Pinside but the numbers for pinball are tiny. Online gaming numbers are huge growth is double digits annually revenue is nearing 100Bil yet you think playing online is silly my god man get a clue

#1913 5 years ago

So many cool things a properly web enabled pin could do!

1) Inform when you coin box is full enough to warrant a visit = save time & gas.
2) If set to "public" could publish its location to an Stern app to help people find games on location.
3) Remote updating! Question, do you drive to your data center or just use PuTTY?
4) Earnings heat maps to determine best locations to route games (ok that's the kind of data Stern would want to sell not give away)

One concern might be "easier updates will allow Stern to release even less finished games!" That's irrelevant considering pins are already released (by all companies) less finished than any other industry would allow.

#1914 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

1) Inform when you coin box is full enough to warrant a visit = save time & gas.

I’ve never had this happen, not even close. If you have this problem you have a killer location or you don’t check your equipment often enough anyway.

#1915 5 years ago

Maybe if Stern could see all the pinball audits from operators they would feel bad and lower prices

#1916 5 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

I’ve never had this happen, not even close. If you have this problem you have a killer location or you don’t check your equipment often enough anyway.

man it would be a great problem to have, LOL!

#1917 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wouldn’t the Sharpe’s connection with Stern be a positive?

#1918 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Maybe if Stern could see all the pinball audits from operators they would feel bad and lower prices

That’s the funniest thing I’ve heard in awhile!

#1919 5 years ago

Minimal Munster musings must make members mostly mad. Must make musings more Munsters maybe?

#1920 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Not when you are a conspiracy theorist pinside serial poop disturber. Stern is the #1 manufacturer by a country mile for good reason. They seem to have the formula that makes them money and sells a lot of games. More than we can say for Hilton's bros over at Heighway games.

#1921 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

You're failing to see the larger conspiracy at work here, man. Stern is using its new LED displays for CIA mind-control, all funded by that "innocent" $1 per player IFPA fee. It's Zoolander-level stuff.

Mugatu.gifMugatu.gif

#1922 5 years ago

Wear a tinfoil hat when playing and you're ok.

#1923 5 years ago

I got my tin hat, just tired of all the tin horns...

#1924 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

I'm just here to read Munsters info.

best post so far today

#1925 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

yes, it is!

I was answering what the raw thrills connection is...

I personally hope we dont see the raw thrills wave of the future for pinball as I dont care for it.

#1926 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yes, it is!
I was answering what the raw thrills connection is...
I personally hope we dont see the raw thrills wave of the future for pinball as I dont care for it.

So what is wrong with Raw Thrills? Not sure why that is a bad thing.

#1927 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So let's not advance technology in pinball machines b/c they ship sometimes with incomplete code? I totally get and support what you're saying about Stern revisiting and fixing the bugs but considering this is part of their business model (get tables out and revisit later) - would you rather have incomplete code with no wifi abilities or just incomplete code and no wifi?

Sometimes? It's ALL the time now, every release except Iron Maiden that was a mostly designed game when they got it, and Beatles which has limited code. Stern can't handle the BASICS at this point. Given that reality, they should concentrate on getting that right first, because I guarantee that net code will be a huge, insecure cluster with their current attention to detail.

#1928 5 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

I would also hope that this WiFi ability wouldn’t lead to paid monthly subscriptions that are mandatory for a pin to operate. This would also mean one would have to purchase internet and incur another operating expense on top of all the other expenses and splits associated with operating pins.
I use to operate TouchTunes and TouchTunes would automatically take a 22% cut of the earnings. In addition, I was only allotted a small amount of service credits (10 a month I think) before I was charged a heavy fee for anything over my allotment. TouchTunes also phases out their equipment where an operator can no longer run that particular equipment and it forces the operator to buy new equipment. I no longer operate TouchTunes.
I surely hope pinball manufacturers do not follow TouchTunes lead on this practice.

Touchtunes cut is the music licensing fee that pays for the music. But yeah, Touchtunes sucks compared to other options out there.

#1929 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

So what is wrong with Raw Thrills? Not sure why that is a bad thing.

pay for updates...
play data tracking...
vendor access...
etc...

#1930 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sometimes? It's ALL the time now, every release except Iron Maiden that was a mostly designed game when they got it, and Beatles which has limited code. Stern can't handle the BASICS at this point. Given that reality, they should concentrate on getting that right first, because I guarantee that net code will be a huge, insecure cluster with their current attention to detail.

I'm pretty sure the team writing the code updates is separate from the team involved with coming up with the technology to make updates available via wifi. So I don't think Stern needs to concentrate on one thing before thinking about the other. If they have the resources to develop this technology, why not go for it? Maybe it'll motivate/encourage code to be developed faster as a result.

#1931 5 years ago

"Jersey Jack sells your photos taken on Dialed In to Amazon for their new facial recognition system that they are in turn selling to the government."

Sounds about the same as the nefarious things Stern is being accused of doing in this thread with their new "technology" that has not even been announced or seen yet.

#1932 5 years ago

Anybody want to talk Munsters?

#1933 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Anybody want to talk Munsters?

sure

what do you guys think grandpas basement is going to be?

Rumored lower pf on the prem/le.

Possibly inverted like black hole?

#1934 5 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

And Arachnid darts. They call out 2am to 5am.
Merit use to do it for the monthly tourney.

#1935 5 years ago

Maybe hitting a certain number of stand up targets to complete potions...... I remember one where he turns Herman into “Frank Sinatra”.

#1936 5 years ago

No, I think just a trap door like Fun House... the lower table idea is too exspensive if it gets much more complex than ACDC...

But how many think this is just another attempt to capitalize on the Addams Family collector market/earnings train, catering to the same demographic, but the untapped (Lily) Munster vein of it? Not saying this is a bad thing, I always liked Lily better than Morticia, but I had to go with Gomez and his trains over Herman and his, um, laugh. If faced with watching one over the other on network TV, I would go with TAF over TM so this machine will be interesting to see if they hit all the same notes TAF did with their movie version of a TV show from 50 years ago.

#1937 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

"Jersey Jack sells your photos taken on Dialed In to Amazon for their new facial recognition system that they are in turn selling to the government."
Sounds about the same as the nefarious things Stern is being accused of doing in this thread with their new "technology" that has not even been announced or seen yet.

SILBERMAN Douglas, I don't like seeing the patients disturbing their rooms like this. See that she takes her thorazine, would you?

#1938 5 years ago

Uggghhh, this page 39 banter is SOOO boring.

6350353A-E3A1-4981-B6DF-663A09962A6B (resized).jpeg6350353A-E3A1-4981-B6DF-663A09962A6B (resized).jpeg
Release the PF pics already Stern!

#1939 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sure

Whatever is in the Munsters it will not live up to the hype remember how smug was doing everything from eat the ball to shoot fire out his ass games never live up to the hype SW, TB, GOT

#1940 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Touchtunes cut is the music licensing fee that pays for the music. But yeah, Touchtunes sucks compared to other options out there.

Do you operate or have you operated any jukes on location? SOME of the BS 22% cut of it is for license. I could run a Rowe Juke for a flat fee of $750 a year, if I make $1 or $30k its all the same fee with Rowe. Also don’t get hit for service credits or a 1099 like TouchTunes does that dose t account for the locations cut on top of the 22%.

#1941 5 years ago

....,, and this is related to Munsters,.... how?

#1942 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

....,, and this is related to Munsters,.... how?

Read the thread, this pertains to the possibility of WiFi on the MUNSTERS, is this thread not about speculation of this new pin? There is only 39 pages on this thread with no new news, what other things would you like to speculate?

#1943 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Whatever is in the Munsters it will not live up to the hype remember how smug was doing everything from eat the ball to shoot fire out his ass games never live up to the hype SW, TB, GOT

It will...

#1944 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sure

1. Awesome
2. Yes,Will be better than AC/DC.....
3. No

#1945 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

1. Awesome
3. No

I like those answers. The reveal is coming soon?

#1946 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

1. Awesome
3. No

looking forward to it!

#1948 5 years ago

Ditto !

#1949 5 years ago

I'm not a Munsters fan, I've never really watched it. I know who they are and the basic premise, but beyond that it's pretty vague. I dig campy horror as a pinball theme though, so it seems like it might be up my alley.

In my mind what makes or breaks this kind of theme more than anything else, even the art, is the sound. Really good callouts and sound effects are a must, but what's the music likely to be? Anyone who's a Munsters fan want to speculate what the soundtrack might be like for those of us who are ignorant Munsters plebes?

Also, on the Raw Thrills topic, I'd be excited for paid DLC updates actually. If I could pay, I dunno, $50, price of a video game, to get properly motivated new code for my games? Some will grumble, but I'd take it. This model of waiting for Lyman to be awesome isn't a great way to go. Show Stern the monies and watch how suddenly they'll care.

#1950 5 years ago

Can’t wait to see playfield pictures. Really trying to put money away for this one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/39?hl=tmntrule999 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.