(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 164.
#1651 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Got to keep the bean counters and investors happy it’s year end 2018 quarterlies, I’d say they’re going to get some orders in for those pros by December

I like your answer. I heard (not on Pinside) that production will start at the end of November, which sounds like the reveal will be at that time and games leaving in December.

#1652 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

This game will be a top seller and probably one of the best Stern full featured games since the Simpson’s Pinball party and POTC. (Premium/LE). Trying to keep the hype train down but this one is rolling full steam ahead. LE will be full Technicolor

Better game than IMDN?

#1653 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Better game than IMDN?

Maybe it's that re-theamed IMDN everyone was gripping for?

#1654 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Maybe it's that re-theamed IMDN everyone was gripping for?

That would not be anything I would ask for.

#1655 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

That would not be anything I would ask for.

Unless it came without sound or speakers.

#1656 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Unless it came without sound or speakers.

Uh.....no.

#1657 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

This game will be a top seller and probably one of the best Stern full featured games since the Simpson’s Pinball party and POTC. (Premium/LE). Trying to keep the hype train down but this one is rolling full steam ahead. LE will be full Technicolor

hype_train_Munsters (resized).jpghype_train_Munsters (resized).jpg
#1658 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Loving this news!!!!.....crap...back to measuring the gameroom for a spot....

#1659 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Loving this news!!!!.....crap...back to measuring the gameroom for a spot....

You let go LOTR but kept WCS94? hmmmm

#1660 5 years ago

Won’t be long...

Before we start saying “What about Munsters code” after every new Stern of the Union Address

Sorta troll’n (myself as well)

Sorta serious

#1661 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Won’t be long...
Before we start saying “What about Munsters code” after every new Stern of the Union Address
Sorta troll’n (myself as well)
Sorta serious

The biggest mistake stern ever made was letting keefer slip away

#1662 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

You let go LOTR but kept WCS94? hmmmm

Maybe odd.. but true. WCS and FGY are my Son's 2 favorite games, and his friends love them. I actually like them both.

It will always be "just me", but couldn't stand LOTR....ball times were crazy long, and I was bored to tears. Had to go.....

Keefer is a master, and won't part w TSPP or WOZ....2 of his best, imho.....

#1663 5 years ago

November....bring on Munsters!!!!!

#1664 5 years ago

We should know a lot more on the 12th ...

#1665 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Of this month? That’s a lot sooner than I was expecting, but great news if true, cannot wait to see this game just trying to keep my expectations in check and fingers crossed the premium artwork that leaked made it to production!

#1666 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Wow..let's hope you are right

#1667 5 years ago

Sooner the better!!!

#1668 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What’s on the 12th ???

I was thinking later in November the Illinois pop culture event right in Stern‘s backyard would be a great time for a debut where Butch Patrick of the Munsters will be attending.
I have no knowledge if Stern will be attending but it certainly would make sense as a marketing event to capture a different crowd.

https://www.chicagopopculturecon.com

8AB2AFBB-2EEC-4723-BA6D-135B5E89F054 (resized).png8AB2AFBB-2EEC-4723-BA6D-135B5E89F054 (resized).png
#1669 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Of this month? That’s a lot sooner than I was expecting, but great news if true, cannot wait to see this game just trying to keep my expectations in check and fingers crossed the premium artwork that leaked made it to production!

No inside knowledge but an educated guess based on comments from a couple of distributors. I'll be stunned if we don't see anything official this month.

#1670 5 years ago

ive never been a stern fan but i really hope they knock this one out of the park itd be a real shame to waste the opportunity of this title which could well be my first NIB stern purchase

#1671 5 years ago

Munsters confirmed!

(resized).jpg (resized).jpg
#1672 5 years ago

Dat would be cool

#1673 5 years ago

All scores end in 69.

#1674 5 years ago

Let’s put 2n2 together. If Dwight is coding this game and Ghost Busters code has been pushed back till spring. I’d say March for this one.

#1675 5 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Let’s put 2n2 together. If Dwight is coding this game and Ghost Busters code has been pushed back till spring. I’d say March for this one.

GB code has been pushed back? Hopefully the Kiss update is still on pace for this month......

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1676 5 years ago

Yes, Gomez said it at Expo. "programmers work on code, Dwight is currently on another project".
Kiss should be

#1677 5 years ago

Kiss & GB updates are coming, it’s more a matter of when and what exactly will be in those updates that’s the question.

Within the last 12 months Stern have really stepped up to the plate when it comes to code, we have easily seen them the most dedicated to code and as a result had some of the best code updates in their history.

#1678 5 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Stern has improved, but biggest concern about Munsters is Dwight being allowed time to truly finish up a game.
Someone posted beating SW and felt it needed polish the same way GB owners need final wizard mode help.

#1679 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Stern has improved, but biggest concern about Munsters is Dwight being allowed time to truly finish up the game.
Someone posted beating SW and felt it needed polish the same way GB needs final wizard mode help.

Ghost Busters needs more than final wizard mode. We all had Hi expectations for Ghost Busters just like We have for Munsters. I hope its not a let down. To be clear, I still own my GB and have been down the road since day one.I still like it, Could have been one of the best of all time. Holding hope for Munsters.

#1680 5 years ago

I will say.....Sterns newer releases.....seem to be getting updates alot quicker. Makes me more confident ordering a newer release.

#1681 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Stern has improved, but biggest concern about Munsters is Dwight being allowed time to truly finish up a game.
Someone posted beating SW and felt it needed polish the same way GB owners need final wizard mode help.

So doesn’t it make sense for someone to wait and see how the game is finished before considering buying? That would mean a new Stern announcement should make you excited to buy the game two years from now - after everything is done. A Dwight game maybe longer ... in Nov 2020, Munsters will be fully baked and the hype will have burned off. If it is strongly approved of then, it will always be looked on as a great pin. So you could target the last games rolling out of the factory or buy a HUO LE from a Pinsider. Waiting to buy a pin can save you a lot of money that might get wasted early buying games that don’t pan out. Not saying you would, but many do and it easy to see why surrendering to the hype and being among the first to buy the newest pin feels so GOOD.

Like chasing the dragon .... instant gratification and a feeling of immortality. For once you can give a review of a game to your pinball nerd pals and be the expert. Why not, you have the pin and you got it before most who will get it? For once you are ahead of the curve and on the winning team. You Sir, are a Champion! But you could also wait and buy the pin after the hype, when you can judge it with clear eyes. Those are the smart ones, the unsung heroes. Play and enjoy it on location until then.

#1682 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So doesn’t it make sense for someone to wait and see how the game is finished before considering buying?

Yep! The weinermobile Nailed it.

#1683 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Kiss & GB updates are coming, it’s more a matter of when and what exactly will be in those updates that’s the question.
Within the last 12 months Stern have really stepped up to the plate when it comes to code, we have easily seen them the most dedicated to code and as a result had some of the best code updates in their history.

Because their games have been released with the most unfinished code in Stern's history, mandating updating pins in the field just to get the games to basic completion. Let's be real, Stern should not be congratulated for sucking more.

#1684 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So doesn’t it make sense for someone to wait and see how the game is finished before considering buying? That would mean a new Stern announcement should make you excited to buy the game two years from now - after everything is done. A Dwight game maybe longer ... in Nov 2020, Munsters will be fully baked and the hype will have burned off. If it is strongly approved of then, it will always be looked on as a great pin. So you could target the last games rolling out of the factory or buy a HUO LE from a Pinsider. Waiting to buy a pin can save you a lot of money that might get wasted early buying games that don’t pan out. Not saying you would, but many do and it easy to see why surrendering to the hype and being among the first to buy the newest pin feels so GOOD.
Like chasing the dragon .... instant gratification and a feeling of immortality. For once you can give a review of a game to your pinball nerd pals and be the expert. Why not, you have the pin and you got it before most who will get it? For once you are ahead of the curve and on the winning team. You Sir, are a Champion! But you could also wait and buy the pin after the hype, when you can judge it with clear eyes. Those are the smart ones, the unsung heroes. Play and enjoy it on location until then.

Thanks but I’ll take my Munsters now. Heck you can say people can wait but here we are 1680 + posts later drooling over a title that hasn’t been announced and the only image is a prelim mock up done 6 months ago. I’m sold and while maybe not at everyone’s pace Stern will get the code done.

#1685 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks but I’ll take my Munsters now. Heck you can say people can wait but here we are 1680 + posts later drooling over a title that hasn’t been announced and the only image is a prelim mock up done 6 months ago. I’m sold and while maybe not at everyone’s pace Stern will get the code done.

With you on this one...Let's not throw common sense in the thread..

#1686 5 years ago

Munsters will come out in 2028 just in time for the LA Olympics

#1687 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Munsters will come out in 2028 just in time for the LA Olympics

Hmmmmm I'm hearing otherwise. Even Herman is getting all shook up..

FB_IMG_1541300661701 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1541300661701 (resized).jpg
#1688 5 years ago

So Jack Danger mentioned on a stream that he went to Stern photo shoot 3-4 days ago . Three upcoming games were there. One was “ok”. One was”Good” and one was “Blow your Dic! off amazing”. So what is the third Game? I’m guessing that Beatles was good and the ok game is the rumored Primus reskin of Whoa Nellie. That would mean Munsters will be turning all of us into unics

I cant imagine another major release would be shown this early. Any other thoughts?

#1689 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

So Jack Danger mentioned on a stream that he went to Stern photo shoot 3-4 days ago . Three upcoming games were there. One was “ok”. One was”Good” and one was “Blow your Dic! off amazing”. So what is the third Game? I’m guessing that Beatles was good and the ok game is the rumored Primus reskin of Whoa Nellie. That would mean Munsters will be turning all of us into unics
I cant imagine another major release would be shown this early. Any other thoughts?

Since the Beatles photos are allready out there I woudn't neccesarily count Beatles into that.

Doing some research I found that JD wished for a Bill & Ted machine not only since our new rumour.
So if this thing is real I think it will be (licensewise) what'd blow his testicles.

So ok = Primus or Beatles, good = Munsters and "byoda" = Bill & Ted?

I still find it strange but maybe Stern just doesn't want Musters to compete with Monster Bash and Bill & Ted really gets pushed forward.

#1690 5 years ago

I sure hope one of them could be "Bruce"

#1691 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:Since the Beatles photos are allready out there I woudn't neccesarily count Beatles into that.
Doing some research I found that JD wished for a Bill & Ted machine not only since our new rumour.
So if this thing is real I think it will be (licensewise) what'd blow his testicles.
I still find it strange but maybe Stern just doesn't want Musters to compete with Monster Bash and Bill & Ted really gets pushed forward.

Who is JD? I have not heard of anyone mentioning BillandTed. Yes I saw that photo that looks highly photoshopped.

#1692 5 years ago

Oh JD = jack danger. Interesting but I hope your wrong. Munsters is way more interesting to me. Who would even have designed it at this stage.

#1693 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Who is JD? I have not heard of anyone mentioning BillandTed. Yes I saw that photo that looks highly photoshopped.

JD = Jack Danger

Uhm,... every Picture you get to see is photoshopped, the Munsters Mock ups as well.
That is an argument for nothing.

That Pic came from JDs Facebook page and facebook image quality is low ass anyway.

#1694 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Oh JD = jack danger. Interesting but I hope your wrong. Munsters is way more interesting to me. Who would even have designed it at this stage.

If Borg is on Munsters that only would leave Brian Eddy.

Edit: I'm more for Bill & Ted but I can't afford a new machine anyway at the moment so I'll let you be first.

#1695 5 years ago

Someone’s faking a Bill & Ted pin. How does Pinside feel about being duped?

752E21A0-02CE-4B55-A236-CAF541DCD41E.gif752E21A0-02CE-4B55-A236-CAF541DCD41E.gif

How would I feel if someone actually made a Bill & Ted pin?
F90CAB63-7EBE-4736-BFE0-024100F21A0B.gifF90CAB63-7EBE-4736-BFE0-024100F21A0B.gif

But it in the meantime .. Stern gives us Munsters.
147E4AF5-6C1A-4C77-91C7-9D3F2D360283.gif147E4AF5-6C1A-4C77-91C7-9D3F2D360283.gif

#1696 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Since the Beatles photos are allready out there I woudn't neccesarily count Beatles into that.

You are forgetting Elvira 3.

#1697 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

If Borg is on Munsters that only would leave Brian Eddy.
Edit: I'm more for Bill & Ted but I can't afford a new machine anyway at the moment so I'll let you be first.

Wasn't Brian Eddy on Jaws?

#1698 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think he is and am hoping that is followed by Eddy / Yeti / Klyce on Godzilla!!

#1699 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

You are forgetting Elvira 3.

The former poster as well. But Elvira 3 is still way off either, so...

Quoted from PinMonk:

Jaws itself is not even enough of a rumor to make TWIP rumors, but yes, that is what is 'speculated' here on pinside.

Interresting times to say the least.

I mean, even that we may get 2 Stern machines in one month!

#1700 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:So Jack Danger mentioned on a stream that he went to Stern photo shoot 3-4 days ago . Three upcoming games were there. One was “ok”. One was”Good” and one was “Blow your Dic! off amazing”. So what is the third Game? I’m guessing that Beatles was good and the ok game is the rumored Primus reskin of Whoa Nellie. That would mean Munsters will be turning all of us into unics

The "amazing" one mentioned is Munsters .......

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Mishawaka, IN
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 210.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/34?hl=wolfemaaan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.