(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 164.
#1601 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Stern lowered the MAP a few games back.
Honestly the $400 color rom is the #1 reason I’m not on the CGC bandwagon. When Stern makes a legit Pro they’re about $1K less than CGC CE. But when Premium is the way to go with Stern that’s when CGC CE + Color rom shines a bit more.
First world problems. Woe is me. I better post about my delimma here
It sure feels like a $5,999 Monster Bash is move to take market share.
Are we finally at the point where competition drives up quality & drives down prices?
In terms of waiting for Munsters that was my plan but then I remembered it’s best to wait 2 years after release when it’s a Stern. That’s a lot of waiting! You could argue those days are behind us but we heard that with Avengers.
Maybe CGC will release Elvira when Stern releases theirs lol.

That may be true about the code PW but dont forget that MB has a shallow code also and its finished. Munsters will most definitely ship with a lot better code than MBR has.

#1602 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Today, I received 8 Mail Order Catalogs....4 of them had Munster T shirts, Several different...
DVD sets, Toys....I dont recall ever seeing anything like this in years past....
Anything else coming to market other than this Pin?

Over the years there have been pretty consistent Munster items put out. Bradford Exchange makes a bunch as some people were saying. About 6 years ago there was a figure set of the whole family in black and white. It sold at retail for around I beleive $75 or $95. I kept on wanting to buy it, but did not. Now a days it sells for about $400 on ebay. I so wish I bought it when available.

#1603 5 years ago

Not necessarily. How can you know how deep and fun the game will be? Don't assume just because its NEW that the code will be "better" than Monster Bash. I bet one thing - Monster Bash will be funnier than Munsters. Those lines are great in MB!

Quoted from Who-Dey:

That may be true about the code PW but dont forget that MB has a shallow code also and its finished. Munsters will most definitely ship with a lot better code than MBR has.

#1604 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I bet one thing - Monster Bash will be funnier than Munsters. Those lines are great in MB!

Don't underestimate Herman.

#1605 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Don't underestimate Herman.

I agree 100% with you Tuna... but thanks to the comments that I read here all the time, yesterday I saw for the 1st time videos in YouTube of "Monster Bash Remake" and that’s a extremely nice Pinball to be honest. Also I checked their website to see the comparison with the original one and indeed it looks amazing, that electric blue metalic in the LE it is a Plus+ in my POV, and I must add that those toppers from CGC are "Serious Toppers".

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/monster-bash

*...no, I’m not from CGC and there’s no commission for me either... but their Monster Bash has the Wow Factor in each corner honestly. I just hope that Stern do a good homework with “The Munsters" or a beautiful MB L.E. In electric blue will be in my home very soon.

#1606 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I’m actually leaning more towards AFMr CE but I see your point.

Munsters will ship with code better than MB?

Perhaps

#1607 5 years ago

LOL.

I can’t find that date on the calendar.

#1608 5 years ago

I am hearing end of November is strong for the Munsters reveal.

#1609 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Not necessarily. How can you know how deep and fun the game will be? Don't assume just because its NEW that the code will be "better" than Monster Bash. I bet one thing - Monster Bash will be funnier than Munsters. Those lines are great in MB!

Believe me the code of Monster Bash r, Medieval Madness r and Attack from Mars r is simple. It was done over 20+ years ago and MM, MB, AFM are simple games, I realized after playing them here in Tokyo last night. Not that MB is not fun, it is, but there is almost zero depth to it. Munsters will be far and away more dynamic and deep. How do I know? History of owning a very similar table known as Batman 66 tells me. Munsters will relate to the many show clips and funny story lines it had. It will definitely be deep, just like Batman 66 is deep. I play Batman and it’s grest fun and deep with code .98 and soon 1.0. Yes I know Stern blew it making us wait so long after releasing the table to get code right. Don’t think they’ll make the same mistake on Munsters. But Batman is now worth the wait.

Monster Bash is a beginners primer in pinball. I lit up everything the second 100 yen input into the game on MB. Got frank up, exposed Mummy, got drac out and rocked the band. I could not ever do that with a modern game of the 21st century. Way too much depth that will last for years. MB gets boring fast. Hit left ramp, hit right ramp. Hear some funny lines. After you’ve heard them once, no longer that funny.

Munsters will have many with all its depth and several years fun programming. Around 100 episodes to choose code from. MB has no such depth or history catelog to choose depth. No LCD fun. That’s why they’re pricing it so relatively low $6k. Actually should be no more than $4k, on a simple old game like that. Now if Stern will put some quality into Munsters and not overcharge us. Here’s hoping.

Why do people so get into nastalgia and not use their head on spending money on pinball? It’s like saying you like driving your 20+ year old car more than a modern 2018 that has all the bells and whistles of modern technology. It doesn’t make sense. These old games like AFMr, MBr, MMr all get old quick in a home environment. They weren’t meant for the home like modern JJPs and Sterns, with all their depth and going back for one more game feeling.

The old games were meant for arcades where people play them for 10 - 20 minutes and then try another one. Very short bursts of play. Why would anyone want to spend $6 to 8k to have that kind of game sitting in their house, over 21st century tech???

#1610 5 years ago

Well that's not true. Every model has an LCD, and the SE and LE have a giant color LCD that blows away anything Stern's done with their iPad screen.

#1611 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well that's not true. Every model has an LCD, and the SE and LE have a giant color LCD that blows away anything Stern's done with their iPad screen.

Wrong again and par for the course

#1612 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The MBr “dots” are f’in gorgeous and a huge improvement/upgrade over the originals dots, the level of detail on the remakes dots is simply amazing, a true upgrade over the original.

But I wouldn’t say it’s better than anything Stern has done, Lyman & co have done a wonderful job with the lcd in BM66, the clips are brilliantly timed with the gameplay and integrated seamlessly with pinball related text/info and the custom backgrounds they have made for each mode, where the clips sit in a tv frame capture the campyness and fun of the show and theme perfectly!

#1613 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The MBr “dots” are f’in gorgeous and a huge improvement/upgrade over the originals dots, the level of detail on the remakes dots is simply amazing, a true upgrade over the original.
But I wouldn’t say it’s better than anything Stern has done, Lyman & co have done a wonderful job with the lcd in BM66, the clips are brilliantly timed with the gameplay and integrated seamlessly with pinball related text/info and the custom backgrounds they have made for each mode, where the clips sit in a tv frame capture the campyness and fun of the show and theme perfectly!

It's OK, but it's still a small and oddly proportioned screen. Wide aspect ratio is so much more preferable for pinball. Clips are clips, they're not new art/design like MBr. B66 is prob the best Stern LCD so far...none of them have quite nailed a style or format that works or feels polished or modern.

#1614 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There is no LCD in any of the MBr machines per CGC. They look great though.

#1615 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It’s like saying you like driving your 20+ year old car more than a modern 2018 that has all the bells and whistles of modern technology. It doesn’t make sense.

I enjoy driving my 20+ year 1970 GTO much more then my wife's "high tech" bells and whistles 2017 car. So that analogy don't wash in my garage.

#1616 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's OK, but it's still a small and oddly proportioned screen.

It's not oddly proportioned to play video clips. Most video content is going to be 16:9 or less, so the extra long CGC aspect ratio would the odd proportion for video.

#1617 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I enjoy driving my 20+ year 1970 GTO much more then my wife's "high tech" bells and whistles 2017 car. So that analogy don't wash in my garage.

Have to give that to you as a rare exception! GTOs are cool, but they drive like tanks! So analogy works!!

#1618 5 years ago

It's not reasonable to compare MBR to BM66 (or any other modern game). They are from different pin generations with different expectations of play. They were both coded by Lyman and have awesome theme integration- that's about as far as you can go.

MB wasn't ever considered a deep game compared to others in the WPC95 era and a new fancy color display on MBR isn't going to change that. But that doesn't automatically mean Munsters will be "better" even if it has more complex code.

#1619 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Yeah I agree with ya, prefer older cars as well but what does ur wife drive? I recently test drove a Porsche Cayenne turbo and it was pretty great, bells and whistles and all.

#1620 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The old games were meant for arcades where people play them for 10 - 20 minutes and then try another one. Very short bursts of play. Why would anyone want to spend $6 to 8k to have that kind of game sitting in their house, over 21st century tech???

Maybe it’s about dept in their collection, not everyone wants all new sterns. A lot of old obsolete games in the top 5 (4 to be exact).

#1621 5 years ago
Quoted from nasco62:

A lot of old obsolete games in the top 5 (4 to be exact).

F**k the top 5. It mostly sits that way due to pretentious old pinball geeks who prefer that cartoony, bad joke easy gameplay style to the fast and furious deep games coming out today. Oh Yeah.

#1622 5 years ago

Much more cheaper and at the end much earlier available than a STERN topper will be.

#1623 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wrong again and par for the course

Im just glad he hasnt went on a big GB rant. Its coming soon though i can feel it!

#1624 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Fuck the top 5. It mostly sits that way due to pretentious old pinball geeks who prefer that cartoony, bad joke easy gameplay style to the fast and furious deep games coming out today. Oh Yeah.

Classic cars...classic movies...classic ect. There is a reason that they never fall by the waste side. I think there are some "classic" pinball machines that always will be that way too. (the old mechanical comes of mind here too). Arcade, and now some of the older consoles are becoming "classic".

You don't really have to be a old geezer to see it's happening with the younger people..they are making n64 a classic as well as other platforms, and yes, some are cartoooony also. (they brought them back too..retro)

Every generation will have their classics, and some of us appreciate the classic's of the generations before "ours".

#1625 5 years ago

But the real (burning) question is, what will the pinball abbreviation be for The Munsters. I propose "MUN."

#1626 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

You don't really have to be a old geezer to see it's happening with the younger people..they are making n64 a classic as well as other platforms, and yes, some are cartoooony also. (they brought them back too..retro)

Every generation will have their classics, and some of us appreciate the classic's of the generations before "ours"

Im with ya but that gap is getting less and less with every new generation, there will always be old souls out there however from what I notice todays generation has little to zero interest in anything other than whats new. Those old console remakes are like pinball, very few will be sold to young folk. As far as every generation having classics I think that died at the turn of the century. not many films and even less in the way of music will last, I'm just glad I grew up when I did.

#1627 5 years ago

COME ON STERN, GIVE US A MUNSTERS NUGGET TODAY!!! IT'S HALLOWEEN FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1628 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

If by no LCD you mean all MBr machines come with an LCD, then yes, that is correct.

#1629 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

They literally all have LCD displays.

#1630 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Now if Stern will put some quality into Munsters and not overcharge us. Here’s hoping.

stop-making-me-laugh-youll-make-me-puma-pants-meme (resized).pngstop-making-me-laugh-youll-make-me-puma-pants-meme (resized).png

#1631 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Now if Stern will put some quality into Munsters and not overcharge us. Here’s hoping.

It's a near-certainty that Stern WILL indeed overcharge you AND as an additional gift, be of inferior quality. Sorry Stern, but the record you've made for yourselves speaks volumes...incomplete code, absolute amateur quality "artwork", McDonald's happy meal toys strewn about the playfields and, oh let's not forget cabinets with the durability of a soap bubble. Trust me, if there is a way to foul up such an awesome theme as The Munsters, Stern will be the guys to do it!

#1632 5 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

It's a near-certainty that Stern WILL indeed overcharge you AND as an additional gift, be of inferior quality. Sorry Stern, but the record you've made for yourselves speaks volumes...incomplete code, absolute amateur quality "artwork", McDonald's happy meal toys strewn about the playfields and, oh let's not forget cabinets with the durability of a soap bubble. Trust me, if there is a way to foul up such an awesome theme as The Munsters, Stern will be the guys to do it!

It's with near-certainly that your rant is juvenile, inaccurate, and filled with hyperbole.

#1633 5 years ago

@ Sinestro...."Near Certainly" ??? Ok, whatever.

#1634 5 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

absolute amateur quality "artwork"

You've been on Pinside for 8 years, but I'm starting to think you haven't seen a Stern pin since you first joined.

#1635 5 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

Couldn’t agree more! It’s unbelievable what they give us for the high dollars we give them. JJP on the other hand gives us a great deal more in light shows, sounds, motorized toys that interact with the ball, quality, code and depth. Although I wish their prices we’re lower as well.

#1636 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Couldn’t agree more! It’s unbelievable what they give us for the high dollars we give them. JJP on the other hand gives us a great deal more in light shows, sounds, motorized toys that interact with the ball, quality, code and depth. Although I wish their prices we’re lower as well.

Yeah and i played Dialed In and WOZ a couple of days ago and was very underwhelmed as well. They werent bad games but DI sure isn't 9k good either and WOZ was just ok. Stern games are much more fun in my opinion.

#1637 5 years ago

Let’s not turn this into yet another Stern bash thread or Stern vs JJP thread.

We have all been here long enough to know both companies have had issues, I’ve had several with my recent Sterns but truth be told, they sorted every single issue I had and then some to ensure I was happy. As long as both companies do that and stand behind their products and me as a customer I’ll buy from both!

At this point I’d just love to see an official tease from Stern, fingers crossed that leaked premium artwork made it to production!

#1638 5 years ago

I bash Stern & JJP

Fck em

That means I troll myself some days

#1639 5 years ago

Can't get enough of The Munsters Koach
MKoach (resized).jpgMKoach (resized).jpg

#1640 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Can't get enough of The Munsters Koach
[quoted image]

What Koach?

#1641 5 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I can honestly say I like the black and white better. Same picture doesn’t look right in colour to me.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice comparison

#1642 5 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

@ Sinestro...."Near Certainly" ??? Ok, whatever.

You response is to point out a grammatical error??

LOL! I guess I won my argument with you then.

#1643 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Couldn’t agree more! It’s unbelievable what they give us for the high dollars we give them. JJP on the other hand gives us a great deal more in light shows, sounds, motorized toys that interact with the ball

You mean like the Smaug toy, that just rotates his head and does NOTHING with the ball.

Hey man, my $5,400 GOTG has a Groot toy that eats pinballs.

#1644 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

You mean like the Smaug toy, that just rotates his head and does NOTHING with the ball.
Hey man, my $5,400 GOTG has a Groot toy that eats pinballs.

Actually, the head follows the ball around the playfield, it’s pretty cool programming.

#1645 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Actually, the head follows the ball around the playfield, it’s pretty cool programming.

Actually, the ball never touches the head, so it doesn't interact with it.

#1646 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Actually, the ball never touches the head, so it doesn't interact with it.

Not to mention the game is lame to begin with. Just saying.

#1647 5 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

Um have you seen the released pics of the machines????? That artwork is fantastic!!

#1648 5 years ago

Quoted from CubeSnake:

This game will be a top seller and probably one of the best Stern full featured games since the Simpson’s Pinball party and POTC. (Premium/LE). Trying to keep the hype train down but this one is rolling full steam ahead. LE will be full Technicolor

#1649 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

This game will be a top seller and probably one of the best Stern full featured games since the Simpson’s Pinball party. (Premium/LE). Trying to keep the hype train down but this one is rolling full steam ahead. LE will be full Technicolor

For end of November reveal?

#1650 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

For end of November reveal?

Got to keep the bean counters and investors happy it’s year end 2018 quarterlies, I’d say they’re going to get some orders in for those pros by December

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
5,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Mishawaka, IN
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/33?hl=rhaegal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.